Alyssa_Branen
2220 Posts
13 years, 7 months ago
I always loved it when I was given like monday and wednesdays off. Unless it was summertime, then it really didn't matter to me, but if it was during the school year, you could go to the mall and there wouldn't be huge crowds of people and you could actually find a place to park. You could go to a Matinee and hardly anyone (maybe even NO ONE else) else would be in there, meaning you avoided the teenybopper talking on cell phones, talking through the whole movie, coming in at the last minute and sitting directly in front of you when there are a zillion empty seats around, situation. You could run errands at places that are only open during the week. Stuff like that.
:)
    bassman21
    4618 Posts
    13 years, 7 months ago
    Friday and Saturday or Sunday and Monday are my preferred days off. Its too hard to get anything done on the weekend as lots of things are closed. Also there is less taffic during the day on a weekday. I'm like you I hate large crowds of anoying people that can't drive. Well thats how I feel anyway. :lol:
      Mr_Retro92
      849 Posts
      13 years, 7 months ago
      Why not have a three day weekend (Fri - Sun).
      The Gang

bassman21
        4618 Posts
        13 years, 7 months ago
        Mr_Retro92
        Why not have a three day weekend (Fri - Sun).

My job has four 10 hour shift, 11 if you count the hour for lunch. However because I deal with potental customers all day asking questions and failing credit I would go crazy. Also one of the days is usually broken. I wish like some other countries we only had to work 32 hours or so a week. I think 40 with one or two weeks vacation, for 35+ years is too much. Its like we live for our days off to enjoy the money we make. I'm sure if they didn't have to pay overtime we would have to work more hours.
          13 years, 7 months ago
          the nice thing about doing first (or third) shift on the wiikends (and holidays) is that there's hardly anyone on the road, leaving you plenty of room to make mistakes, and almost get away with running stop signs, red lights, and speeding* :D

On the flipside, buses don't run that early (or late), nor do they run as often.

But eh. Give me my wiikends off! Bonus points if the job has reasonable day shift hours.

*even though this is true for the most part, I don't do these things, and I don't encourage anyone to do them either.
            eddstarr88
            6987 Posts
            13 years, 7 months ago
            I'm a long time fan of non-standard work shifts. Having the majority of a nations workers all active at the same time may make business sense but not social sense.
            The Eldorado is dead. Long live the Eldorado.
              misspiggy
              1442 Posts
              13 years, 7 months ago
              My hours can be shifted to what I need to do and most of my work can be done from home(not always good if you have distractions or procastinate). I only have one day a week that I absolutly have to go in, but I do have deadlines to meet every week.
              After next week I am not working at all so I will probably not be online as much.
              I too enjoy going out and getting things done when everyone else is busy working. Even sales people are nicer since they are not overloaded at the time.
                13 years, 7 months ago
                misspiggy
                I only have one day a week that I absolutly have to go in,

Lemme guess, that day would be Friday?
                  the-micro-man
                  3492 Posts
                  13 years, 7 months ago
                  I'm fine with the weekends. Just the right amount of time.
                    ikey2
                    167 Posts
                    13 years, 7 months ago
                    I pefer to have friday and saturday off or sunday and monday off. this give me the chance to go out and get stuff done since i have the crowds as well.
                      misspiggy
                      1442 Posts
                      13 years, 7 months ago
                      adventure_of_link
                      misspiggy

Nope.
                      Thursdays.
                        13 years, 7 months ago
                        How about a paid holliday like some workplaces do, then you can take off a weekend or a weekday. 8)
                          13 years, 7 months ago
                          misspiggy
                          adventure_of_link
                          misspiggy

Nope.
                          Thursdays.

Hot damn. People force people anymore to work fridays. :\

Lemme guess (and you don't have to answer if you don't want to) thursdays is pay day and they make you be at work for that
                            Sunni
                            428 Posts
                            13 years, 7 months ago
                            I wish I had weekends off but I have random days off during the week more often. It really sucks because I never know when I'll have off until a few days before hand.
                            Recipe for nostalgia: Mix 80's and 90's culture. Stir in some good memories. Add a dash of reflection. Mixture should now taste bittersweet. Shake well and enjoy!
                              Alyssa_Branen
                              2220 Posts
                              13 years, 7 months ago
                              Sunni
                              I wish I had weekends off but I have random days off during the week more often. It really sucks because I never know when I'll have off until a few days before hand.

Yeah, that was how my schedule was at the Hannaford back home when i worked there. I didn't have set days off so I just always hoped for the days I wanted. And sometimes the schedule wouldn't come out until right before the begining of the next week so it was hard to make concrete plans. You could request a day off by submitting a write up for one like two weeks in advance but the only time I had set days off was when I took classes for a short period of time.
                              :)
                                misspiggy
                                1442 Posts
                                13 years, 7 months ago
                                adventure_of_link
                                misspiggy
                                adventure_of_link
                                misspiggy

Nope.
                                Thursdays.

Hot damn. People force people anymore to work fridays. :

Lemme guess (and you don't have to answer if you don't want to) thursdays is pay day and they make you be at work for that

Almost right. It's not my payday, but it is everyone elses and I think a lot of people would be pissed off if they didn't get thier check. :wink:
                                  13 years, 7 months ago
                                  At my job, I have a set work schedule of Wednesday to Sunday. Working weekends isn't as bad as I thought it would be; in fact I actually like it because with fewer people in the office, it's quiet and easier to get work done. And I never have to worry about getting a case of the Mondays!

Plus, the Pittsburgh Pirates have had their home opener on Monday afternoon for a long time now, so I was able to go without having to take a day off. They have one or two more Monday afternoon games this season, so I definitely plan on going.
                                    misspiggy
                                    1442 Posts
                                    13 years, 7 months ago
                                    NeonNightrider
                                    Plus, the Pittsburgh Pirates have had their home opener on Monday afternoon for a long time now, so I was able to go without having to take a day off.

There is nothing wrong with that. :wink:
                                    Steelers fan also?
                                      April1980
                                      176 Posts
                                      13 years, 7 months ago
                                      Weekends for me. All my friends would be at work otherwise.
                                      I've done shift work that usualy mean my "weekends" were during the week. It was boring.

All the activities I do are at weekends. Mainly Airsoft.
                                      1980-Present
                                      The ongoing voyages of a retro junkie
                                        13 years, 7 months ago
                                        April1980
                                        All the activities I do are at weekends.

I heard dat

:D

man, having to work weekends sucks... >:|
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss