renhoek93
85 Posts
3 years, 10 months ago
So is there anyone left who actually still uses this place? it seems pretty dead now.
    Wildcat
    55 Posts
    3 years, 10 months ago
    I feel like it has been pretty dead for at least 3-4 years now. It's kind of sad.
    90's Kids Unite @ https://generationz.jcink.net
      renhoek93
      85 Posts
      3 years, 10 months ago
      Wildcat
      I feel like it has been pretty dead for at least 3-4 years now. It's kind of sad.

Well maybe it is for the best a lot of people on here weren't the nicest of people i will just say that much.
        SchwinnGirl
        361 Posts
        3 years, 9 months ago
        I come around every so often.
        SchwinnGirl's Signature Image
          3 years, 7 months ago
          yeah....after 12 years ...lol
            Din_Djarin
            1 Posts
            3 years, 7 months ago
            I stop by from time to time, forgot my old credentials (John_Titor) so will be using this account from now on.
            I don't always get nostalgic, but when I do it's for the 80's and 90's.
              Asiimov
              33 Posts
              3 years, 7 months ago
              Still Here.
              RetroJunk's Resident Catto
              I Would've Joined 2015 but the forum was down!
                3 years, 5 months ago
                I have spend time coming here off and on over the years, I had a previous account under the user name: TheSkipper84 which I had forgot login details for. From a post under my forgotten username it was dated 9 years 11 months ago, which would have put that in 2011. Man this is a big nostalgia trip for me everytime I come to this site.
                  Fellini
                  13 Posts
                  3 years, 5 months ago
                  I pop in every decade or so! lol
                    ethandaman24
                    798 Posts
                    3 years, 4 months ago
                    I've been on here since 2007, and I finally logged back in after being unable to for the last couple of years (for whatever reason). Yeah, it kind of makes me sad seeing what has become of this site. Social media is a real killer.
                      SchwinnGirl
                      361 Posts
                      3 years, 4 months ago
                      ethandaman24
                      I've been on here since 2007, and I finally logged back in after being unable to for the last couple of years (for whatever reason). Yeah, it kind of makes me sad seeing what has become of this site. Social media is a real killer.

Ain't this the truth. I miss message forums as a whole, not just RJ, but across the internet. It's hard to get people to return to them after the full immersion of social media.
                      SchwinnGirl's Signature Image
                        AnalogTV
                        19 Posts
                        3 years, 4 months ago
                        Feel ya man. Things are so different now. I joined recently because I miss online forums like this, were you don't know what I look like, and I you, we just talk about the newest rumor in some video game or something.. miss forums like this as a whole. Using the internet to talk to someone was so crazy, and just a treat, now its like the first thing you do in the morning. Where did time go?
                          retrocrunch
                          30 Posts
                          3 years, 4 months ago
                          Im here.. I think? :)
                          For Weekly Retro and Nostalgia News, check out my YouTube Channel!
                          https://www.youtube.com/c/retrocrunch

If it ain't Retro.. It ain't &*(.#>.... NO CARRIER
                            renhoek93
                            85 Posts
                            3 years, 3 months ago
                            AnalogTV
                            Feel ya man. Things are so different now. I joined recently because I miss online forums like this, were you don't know what I look like, and I you, we just talk about the newest rumor in some video game or something.. miss forums like this as a whole. Using the internet to talk to someone was so crazy, and just a treat, now its like the first thing you do in the morning. Where did time go?

Yeah i agree forums like this were better to a certain extent because there was a lot more meaningful discussion back then but at the same time these type of forums were also kinda shitty and had a lot of mods and admins who acted like complete spregs and abused their power and cyberbullying used to be very rampant back in the 2000s on the internet because it was the wild west back then heck from someone who has been lurking here since 2005 and has been a regular user since 2007 on here i can confirm that that kind of shit was happening on here as well back when this site was mostly made up of boomers and Gen Xers millennials like me used to get bullied on here by older users because of our age so yeah while i do miss the old internet some things are better left in the past.
                              AnalogTV
                              19 Posts
                              3 years, 3 months ago
                              Yeah I noticed that looking here. Let’s be real, no matter we’re you go on the internet people are going to be like that. You’re disconnected to your online alias, so you feel you can do whatever because you can’t see who I really am behind this screen right? Real rude behavior every were you go. I just liked the simplicity of this time before Facebook and other social media like that became popular. It’s kinda fun reading what people said on here like 14 years ago. In the time we’re in right now, I just wanna disconnect and go back for a bit lol. But yeah, I’m fully aware that there were a lot of scummy people here, it is what it is I guess.
                                3 years, 3 months ago
                                Tell me about it theres mean people all over the internet.It seems the more tech we get the dumber the trolls act and I really don't understand why?
                                Christopher Bastin
                                  Khan
                                  22 Posts
                                  3 years, 3 months ago
                                  I've done far worse than kill you. I've hurt you. And I wish to go on… hurting you. I shall leave you as you left me… as you left her. Marooned for all eternity in the center of a dead planet… buried alive. Buried alive.
                                    AnalogTV
                                    19 Posts
                                    3 years, 2 months ago
                                    CobraNightviper
                                    Tell me about it theres mean people all over the internet.It seems the more tech we get the dumber the trolls act and I really don't understand why?

Idk. Maybe those dumb people were always there and technology is just making it easier to see.. I get what you mean though.
                                      sharkbate
                                      314 Posts
                                      3 years, 2 months ago
                                      I'm not really on here as much as I used to be as it has been years since my last visit on here. I've been quite busy with other things that have taken up much of my time
                                        Hoogs
                                        235 Posts
                                        3 years, 1 month ago
                                        I log in once every few years or so. It's like a cozy corner of the internet that itself has become nostalgic, ironically.
                                        My YouTube Channel (commercials from the late 80s/early 90s):

http://www.youtube.com/user/YourRetroCommercials/videos
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss