Comments

Comments
The_Evolution_Of_Life Posted 8 years 5 months ago
I'd say these costumed characters do count as cartoons these days.

Power Rangers is in cartoons on a digital EPG these days for a start and they are the same thing costumed cartoon characters. lol.
FruitBrute Posted 10 years 6 months ago
One of my childhood faves ..ahh I can taste the "honeycomb" and "sugar crisp" when I hear the theme song, Groovy
waterlily Posted 10 years 8 months ago
Umm must be a misprint or somethin' cuz if Jaleel White was born in 1976, then how could he have played Drooper if the series ran from 1968-1970??
Fyne_T_oo_ning Posted 10 years 9 months ago
In case any of you who were teen SoCal punk/garage rock fans in the late 70's or early 80's have forgotten or were never aware (or, ftm, decidedly trying hard to forget those days or just prefer to keep it to themselves - ykwya) there was a cover version of the theme song performed by LA punk rock group The Dickies. Anybody remember them?
Son_of_Enik Posted 10 years 9 months ago
I watch it every day on Boomerang with my 3 year old daughter, who actually LOVES Danger Island! I watched it then, and I STILL love The Banana Splits!
one_for_the_money Posted 11 years 3 months ago
The `nana splits, I never realized how long ago it was originally aired it hasn`t aged unlike me, it reminded me of the Monkeys & my dad now in his late 70`s told me it reminded him of the Marrix brothers at their hight, fleagle was Groucho, drooper was zeppo, bingo was chiko, snorky was harpo as he never really spoke much.

And " hasan cabaarr " & " size of an elephant " ingrained on my young mind forever, from the arabian nights, never could remember the donkeys name though.
wmomcatt Posted 12 years 2 months ago
Loved this show, it was always one of my favorites!
theblueblaze_1 Posted 12 years 4 months ago
Tra la la! La la la la!!! I'm a to young to remember this show in its prime, but thanks to boomerang I watch it all the time!
PriapismJoe Posted 13 years 3 months ago
This show scared the bejezus out of me as a child. A very good example of why drug users should not produce childrens television shows.
Chaka Posted 13 years 4 months ago
Danger Island rocked!!! Oh Oh...CHONGO!!!!! They still show this on Boomerang.
tmcook Posted 13 years 7 months ago
I sooo remember this show when I was a kid and I LOVED IT!! Glad I came across this web site it brought some memories back for me.
radhenry Posted 13 years 8 months ago
I really loved this show. It was a great time to be a kid. I really enjoyed The 3 Musketeers, The Arabian Knights.
BuckTurgidson Posted 13 years 10 months ago
'...Flippin' like a pancake, poppin' like a cork;
Fleegle, Bingo, Drooper and Snork!'

I wanna go back!!! <sob>
ozzyslovegirl Posted 13 years 10 months ago
whos the idiot who has jaleel white from family matters as drooper?that show was made before that kid was ever even born!someone should get their facts straight before printing this crap!
oldschoolj Posted 13 years 11 months ago
i loved the show when i was a kid. hope this comes on dvd soon.
Toggle Comment Threadspeedy Posted 14 years 1 month ago
i just hated thge showwwww!!!!!!!!!
Murphy5078 Posted 4 years 9 months ago
Why?
rickyz2006 Posted 14 years 8 months ago
Great show, I still love it now!
Rogue73 Posted 15 years 1 month ago
I remember watching this show when I was little...I always loved the live action parts of their show, too.