Comments

Comments
3575733 Posted 8 years 1 month ago
I remember hearing this theme song while I was asleep in bed at night.
DMAX Posted 8 years 1 month ago
This show was waaaaaay to long. If someboddy made me watch this over and over, i would probably scractch my brains out.
waynehart9 Posted 8 years 1 month ago
This is by far the best TV show ever created, i remember watching it with my dad, this show will be loved by generations to come.
199478q29 Posted 8 years 4 months ago
A wonderful funny show I love the Hitler jokes in this show its great its too bad The Army couldent see back in 1972 and today they can and they laugh at it.
jonny Posted 8 years 6 months ago
they still show this
mikefal Posted 8 years 8 months ago
MASH is a show that will never lose its popularity. I absolutely love the show. It was much more a comedy during the run of Mclean Stevenson and Wayne Rogers. It became more of a dramedy when Harry Morgan arrived. Frank Burns was the best character on that show. RIP Larry Linville. The Colonel Flagg played by Edward Winters were some of the funniest shows. This is one of my top 5 all time tv shows. I own the whole series on dvd.
Goofball Posted 8 years 9 months ago
I was one of those who watched the show as a kid in the '70s and didn't really like it--at that time. As an adult, I now love this show. I've served in the military, and have found that, for a sitcom, it actually gave a halfway decent depiction of the Army. I did find one major flaw this evening, however (really, I've seen the episode a few times before, but am now just going public with this gripe). I just finished watching the episode where Potter has to go for change-of-command conference and Hawkeye is given temporary command of the 4077th, since he was the senior officer after the colonel (Maj. Winchester was ill). Why wasn't temporary command given to Margaret? As a major herself, she did indeed outrank Capt. Pierce.
Mariorules Posted 9 years 1 month ago
Quite possibly the best show I've ever watched.
lhuffman Posted 9 years 4 months ago
Blake died because they wanted the new guy to step in. Well..not exactly.

McLain Stevenson, who played Harry Blake, made a monumental career blunder and left the show for his own sitcom. Hello Larry...which bombed but gave me one of my first true crushes. His daughter Ruthy in that show was a hot little 12 year old, to other 12 year olds. hehe.

So they had to write him out of the show. I agree with the emotions though. It was a very sad episode at the end...though we were laughing our asses off leading up tot he ending. My memory of the episode is not just of Radar announcing the death, but of Harry (in suit and hat) planting a big ole kiss on Hot Lips.
lhuffman Posted 9 years 4 months ago
StarWarsFan...the movie M*A*S*H* was horrible?

Wow...it was such an avant gard movie. It's pacing and style was unique, especially at the time. A few careers were launched by that movie too. And the humor was excellent. In fact, it is one of those movies that I still laugh out loud at no matter how often I watch it (though I do have to be in the right mood for this one, I will admit).

I think the thing about the movie M*A*S*H* was that it was not about one liners, even though it had plenty of them. Every humorous plot element was built up to, with a series of smaller jokes. For example, the suicide scenes for the dentist. Excellent from start to finish.
If you think about it, the movie had several plotlines that took time to build up that were very familiar to how the early TV episodes would work. It is easy to see how the football game, suicide or women's shower plotlines from the movie could have been turned into complete episodes of the series.

The first few years of the TV show resembled the movie far more than the later years. This is why I am a much bigger fan of those Trapper/Harry/Frank seasons.

I view M*A*S*H* the franchise (if you will), in 4 stages. Books...the books were great. If you read the books the movie will make more sense than the TV show really. Then the movie and the very first 2 seasons. While the cast was different in the series, it still embodied what the movie was. Then the show settled into what TV M*A*S*H* was really about. Most of the best shows (Captain Tuttle, Corporal Captain, etc) and plotlines falling in this era. Then there was the Alan Alda control era for the last couple of years. I actually like this era of the show so long as I am careful not to compare it too much to what came before. There were good points made and some very good drama and acting to go along with it. But, of course, if you tuned in to watch the M*A*S*H* of the early 70s, you would be seriously disappointed.

I am not sure I have met many people who dislike the movie though. Calling it odd or weird is perfectly fair, and somewhat intended I think. But when it comes to entertainment, it is a most excellent watch.
MandyPandy Posted 9 years 4 months ago
My dad still watches this show. It's pretty funny.
cheetah Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Dr Feidman: "I once had a patient that would only crawl along the woodwork"

Hawkeye: "Oh...Corporal Kafka"

If you don't get that joke you are a child. This was the kind of thing that I didn't "get" as a child but learned to appreciate as I got older and wiser. Don't fret people, most of the people saying M.A.S.H sucks are children.
cheetah Posted 9 years 8 months ago
As a child I wondered how anyone could watch this crap. As a teen I started to appreciate it more, and it became my favorite sit com of all time. Some day I am gonna sit down and watch the entire box set from beginning to end....all 251 episodes.
spyder88 Posted 9 years 10 months ago
my grandpa use to have this show on all the time.i never thought it was funny and it lasted longer than the war itself.i still hate it to this day.
StarWarsFan746 Posted 10 years 1 month ago
The movie before the series was horrible.
StarWarsFan746 Posted 10 years 2 months ago
If you hate this show you do not know good tv
DLM28659 Posted 10 years 3 months ago
Teen Spirit has hit it right on the head: even over the years, this particular show has yet to become boring! plus, for me it probably doesn't hurt that I had an uncle who was actually a surgeon in a MASH unit in Korea! RIP Thomas Lee McNiel (1923-1970)
tnburn34 Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Through early morning fog I see
visions of the things to be
the pains that are withheld for me
I realize and I can see...
[REFRAIN]:
that suicide is painless
it brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please.
I try to find a way to make
all our little joys relate
without that ever-present hate
but now I know that it's too late, and...
[REFRAIN]
The game of life is hard to play
I'm gonna lose it anyway
The losing card I'll someday lay
so this is all I have to say.
[REFRAIN]
The only way to win is cheat
And lay it down before I'm beat
and to another give my seat
for that's the only painless feat.
[REFRAIN]
The sword of time will pierce our skins
It doesn't hurt when it begins
But as it works its way on in
The pain grows stronger...watch it grin, but...
[REFRAIN]
A brave man once requested me
to answer questions that are key
is it to be or not to be
and I replied 'oh why ask me?'
[REFRAIN]
'Cause suicide is painless
it brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please.
...and you can do the same thing if you please.
xkytsunex Posted 10 years 5 months ago
This has got to be one of my all-time favorite shows. I love Radar!
ed3511 Posted 10 years 6 months ago
Shows these days have nothing on this show, its one of my favorites!
shirleytang Posted 10 years 9 months ago
I don't know the every scene probably because i am a Chinese, but it sounds interesting. i'll find to know it.
teen_spirit Posted 10 years 11 months ago
this still is on television here , i watch it everyday, and it never gets boring, this is WAY better than the shows nowadays
WolfenFuhrer Posted 11 years 3 months ago
It's funny. My mom used to live in Cali. In fact, She lived about 10 miles from the set. Strange that she never went to check it out.

But do any of you remember that fire in the final episode? That was a real fire which started, they had to work it into the episode cause it destroyed the set. My mom when she was little saw the fire herself and alot of parents farm was almost burned away.
frostydude Posted 11 years 5 months ago
I eaten a river of liver and an ocean of fish-Adam's Ribs Episode in the 3rd season
monsterx27 Posted 11 years 5 months ago
BLAKE DIED BECAUSE THE WANTED THE NEW GUY-HARRY MORGAN TO STEP IN.
peanuts Posted 11 years 6 months ago
I still get a lump in my throat when I watch the episode where Henry Blake dies. When Radar walks in the O R and gives the news, you feel the emotions. I read where none of the cast knew the ending until Radar read the message.
Lobolover Posted 11 years 7 months ago
Love this.Its actualy on television here.
choralmusic Posted 11 years 10 months ago
I went away to college, and my roommate and I watched this show faithfully every day. It's strange how the show tells a story that applies to more than war. It's a story of loneliness, boredom, homesickness, and extreme stress, ...and the people who help get you through it all.
agnew Posted 11 years 10 months ago
loved the show
StarWarsFan746 Posted 11 years 11 months ago
I wish they didn't Make colenel Blake die.
StarWarsFan746 Posted 11 years 11 months ago
My family and I watch the reruns a lot. I love this show.
Celeste Posted 11 years 11 months ago
My mother, brother, and I all loved M*A*S*H but my grandmother didn't like it as much as we did.

I liked McLean Stevenson's final episode where his character was killed in a heliocopter crash over the Sea of Japan.

"Col Henrry Blake's heliocopter crashed over the Sea of Japan.... There was debris everywhere. There were no survivors."
80sangel Posted 12 years 1 month ago
I grew up watching this with my grandparents. My Grandma still watches it. My little cousins are watching it with her just like I use to. My two year old cousin hears the theme song and says "Mash" she know it. she loves watching it we all do.
Whiteranger Posted 12 years 2 months ago
even though the show ended before i was born (i was born in 85) I love this show its one of my favorites the original movie is ok but i like the series better.
funkmasta Posted 12 years 2 months ago
good show,i started watchin this bout a year or 2 ago like dukes of hazzard great old show
TV1985 Posted 12 years 2 months ago
I enjoyed this show since I watched it with my father as a todler every weeknight on CBS.

I saw the final episode of M*A*S*H just a month or so ago. It was a three-hour special of M*A*S*H, almost like if it were a movie.

I don't care who says this show is stupid or that it sucks. Here's a News Flash for all of you who say that; M*A*S*H is a great show and you'll have to get use to the fact that lots of people still watch the reruns on television. And you'll have to learn to give the respect to those who love M*A*S*H. If you don't like to watch it, then that's fine. But don't go around saying something like "M*A*S*H SUCKS!" or "M*A*S*H is stupid" whenever the topic of M*A*S*H comes up. Okay?
AnnoyingJuan Posted 12 years 3 months ago
All through my childhood ( well the parts I remember) This show has been there. Shit I am in my adult hood and its still on.
jaklumen Posted 13 years 13 days ago
Although this was a smash hit T.V. show, the original movie was what the critics seemed to like as it was much grittier.

I have yet to watch it.

Anyone remember the spinoff Aftermash?
Gamebrain Posted 13 years 3 months ago
I absolutley love this show.

Personally my favorite tv show of all time. Amazing writing and great comedy.

You just can't beat M*A*S*H
fyne_nubian Posted 13 years 5 months ago
I LOVE THIS SHOW... still watch it , seen mostly all the episodes, and the last episode??? cried like a baby!
kimsy520 Posted 13 years 6 months ago
I remember this show but based on the theme song I thought it was a drama, not a comedy.
Adam Ant Posted 13 years 6 months ago
I actually was only a few months old when Season 4 Started. This Show is still one of my all time favorite shows. I Have Seasons 1 thruough 8 on DVD I can't wait for Season 9 to come out.
M4LKAL Posted 13 years 7 months ago
Great show with some of the best comedic acting ever. Kind of funny how they got like 11 seasons or something out of a two or three year war.
Hailey Posted 13 years 9 months ago
NEWS FLASH, Sunnydelight, you do too!
Hailey Posted 13 years 10 months ago
This show is awesome, if you don't watch it START!