Comments

Comments
Jeffrey James Marks Posted 4 years 3 months ago
Now Stay Tuned For Family Double Dare Next On Nick.
Jeffrey James Marks Posted 4 years 3 months ago
That Show Aired On Nickelodeon From January 1992 - December 2007.
palmer10 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
I don't remember a ton about this cartoon but I do remember enjoying it as a kid.
Tdogmaster Posted 8 years 5 months ago
@bennie82 Same here man.
SYCD Posted 8 years 8 months ago
I remeber that I didn't like that Bert's nose was always bent lol.
bennie82 Posted 8 years 9 months ago
i used to watch that show JUST because of the Main and ESPECIALLY because of the Closing Theme......wonder if that closing-theme could have made it to the charts....sounds very "80-hit-ish" (yes i know it's from the 80s .....
Coco Posted 9 years 1 month ago
just luv this show, good theme song too!
Lvl1otaku Posted 9 years 3 months ago
awesome i just barely remember this show thank you retrojunk for bringing back the memories.
Deleted Posted 9 years 3 months ago
I don't remember much about of this show, but I remember that I used to love it.
richt128 Posted 9 years 4 months ago
great show.. the christmas episode is the best
say Posted 9 years 8 months ago
My friend and i had a conversation about how cartoons from our generation had alot of "left wing" messages in them.... i think the environmental issue here is a great example.
CyrilS Posted 9 years 10 months ago
I always wanted to play the game Cyril Sneer plays in the Into to the Raccoons - and I found a Flash mock-up on this site!

Deleted Posted 10 years 1 month ago
This show is great.
wasser26 Posted 10 years 1 month ago
i remember this show. i hope that this show would be releced on dvd.
natalie0790 Posted 10 years 6 months ago
I adore this programme. The theme tune was and still is so poignant. I got an mp3 version of it hah
RUIN Posted 10 years 7 months ago
Wow, I forgot about this show! This was a great one. What kind of animal was the bad guy??? I could not figure that out...
jfili1023 Posted 10 years 7 months ago
It's great to see Teletoon Retro here in Canada still playing them, main reason I switched to digital cable I currently have nearly every episode now on dvd since my dvd recorder is hooked up to the digital box only one thing I hate....they skipped over a couple episodes and keep skipping them so either they don't have them or they are not watchable when CBC sold it to them and they bid on it. But at least one of the missing episodes is on the dvds they released here in Canada so I am only missing the one from the whole series of 60 episodes. Might have to download it from Youtube convert it to a NTSC DVD file and burn it to a DVD. If anyone is interested in a nearly complete set maybe we could do a trade. Thanks
sprunk12 Posted 10 years 9 months ago
im canadian and i've watched all the old great cartoons but this was so bad in my opinion, i was too happy i guess iunno?
raccoons Posted 10 years 10 months ago
my cousin was one of the animators for the show!!!!!!!!!
BenJamin Posted 11 years 16 days ago
My favorite childhood cartoon I use to watch on the Disney Channel. Disney Channel back then was great but not anymore in this generation.
LostInTime Posted 11 years 1 month ago
You can buy DVD's direct from CBC at http://www.cbcshop.ca/CBC/shopping/searchresult.aspx?lang=en-CA or wherever else you might like. Doesn't seem like they have put much effort into re-releasing the series so tracking down some of the old VHS tapes is a must for now.

This show was so typically Canadian in every conceivable way and I loved it to bits. Still do. Weirdest thing was I met a British guy in his early 20's in Hongkong last year and he was a big fan too!
andrewharvey Posted 11 years 2 months ago
couldnt remember the name of this show for the longest time! i remember watching it, and what the characters looked like, but couldnt remember the name!, thank you retrojunk!
meden Posted 11 years 3 months ago
does anyone know where you can get this show on vhs or dvd?
Rockcoons Posted 11 years 4 months ago
Ha Great show. Lol I remember some funny jokes from this show. I'm Canadian and I'm proud of it.
KurtmanJP Posted 11 years 4 months ago
I'm not Canadian but I watched some episodes on YouTube. Pretty good stuff. I think Ralph is my fave.
Serj Posted 11 years 10 months ago
None of my friends remember this show I loved it though.
Angelsbaby2002 Posted 11 years 11 months ago
this show Rocked!!!!!
YeahSonic Posted 11 years 11 months ago
I'm not Canadian myself, but I have a special place in my heart for Canada and the groundbreaking animation that has come out of that great country.

And this show is just one shining example.
David31584 Posted 12 years 5 months ago
Shirohikari. http://theraccoons.ru/images/video.php

Visit the link above.
shiroihikari Posted 12 years 5 months ago
Ahhhhh! I used to watch this on the Disney Channel. The thing I remember most about it was the closing credits. I loved that song. Somebody should upload it if they've got it. I need to see an episode of this again so I can decide if I want to buy it on DVD...
Fyne T(oo)ning Posted 12 years 8 months ago
I fondly remember watching the series when it ran on Showtime. But, oh, how I wish I could see the Christmas special again, at least some other Christmas, if not this year.
ducktalesfan1977 Posted 12 years 9 months ago
I enjoyed this show. It was one of my all-time favorites.
David31584 Posted 13 years 12 days ago
Charle_hector as it says in the cast list it's Cyril Sneer.

BIG NEWS: The Raccoons will be airing in the UK again on Boomerang (Avaliable on Digital Satelite and Digital Cable platforms) from September 4th.
matst8 Posted 13 years 18 days ago
I had racoons on ice on VHS thats how old skool this is, loved it.
dalmatianlover Posted 13 years 22 days ago
Holy crap! I actually remember this show! I used to watch it sometimes on the Disney Channel.
David31584 Posted 13 years 2 months ago
Well apart from the indtroduction of Broo that is, who did appear for real after Schaeffer awoke from his dream.
David31584 Posted 13 years 3 months ago
Jake 1079 like I said in my previous post, Lost Star had no real connection to the TV series, which began in 1985 after the specials like you said.
Jake 1079 Posted 13 years 3 months ago
Ive watched downloads of the raccoons specials at this link (unofficial raccoons homepage.com) I think the TV series came after the 4 specials,and the lost stars came after christmas raccoons and raccoons of ice but lost stars didnt make much sence,like how can Bert Ralph Melissa Cyril Cedric and Sophia exist on earth and that other planet at the same time.the only way you could explain that is if it was a parallel universe instead of another planet otherwise they would be better off having a new cast of charactors.but it appeared that in the end Schaeffer was just dreaming but it would have made more sense to be in a parallel universe,great show really miss it.
David31584 Posted 13 years 3 months ago
Well Schaffer was first introduced in The Christmas Raccoons, along with Tommy, Julie, Forest Ranger Dan, Bert, Ralph, Mellisa, Cyril and Cedric, the special that came before Raccoons On Ice. Also The Raccoons and the Lost Star has no timeline connection to the TV Show, and takes place in it's own little timeline away from the series, though of course it has the same characters as the TV show. The forth special Let's Dance is a complation of songs that were used in the previous 3 specials
David31584 Posted 13 years 3 months ago
He certanly was Professor Cold Heart, but only in the DIC Care Bears series and that dosen't include the two specials which came before the show was made by DIC.
David31584 Posted 13 years 3 months ago
Well Bert's nose was bent from day one (either born with it, or he had an accident?) Anyway Bert wasen't the only Raccoon with a bent nose, Bentley Raccoon and his parents George and Nicole Raccoon also have bent noses.
Moonxtal Posted 13 years 3 months ago
All I can remember of this show was why the hell that one racoons node was bent so weird. It bugged me as a kid...
David31584 Posted 13 years 3 months ago
Here let me clear up a few things about The Raccoons.

Firstily to answer Prince of Myths an aardvark is an small mammal that's native to Africa (though it's often confused for being a South American anteater, due to various similarities).
Next Willy Fog: there were 3 pigs, not 2.
Next BetaEtaPi: Cyril didn't have a nephew, he had a son named Cedric.
And to correct gunder01 and cpowers it wasen't Alannah Myles that sung the theme song. It was Lisa Lougheed (who in later episodes of the show played Lisa Raccoon who became Bert's love interest).

Indeed this was a great show, so great in fact that the BBC aired it for about a decade and a half in the UK. It started on the 5.35pm time slot (I was surprised buy this but it is true), but it's more famousily know for being on at 8.35am on a Saturday morning before shows like Going Live and Live and Kicking. (This was in the UK by the way to those US and Canadian fans out there).

Indeed Len Carlson (Bert's voice actor) will be sadily missed, but i'm sure he would want us all to continue watching AND loving the show.
nitronicman Posted 13 years 5 months ago
I used to LOVE watching this on a sturday morning!
However, how many of you have ever seen a pink/purple aardvark?
gunder01 Posted 13 years 5 months ago
Another fantastic Canadian show. CBC should get their act together and start putting out DVDs. Somebody needs to upload the closing credits, just for the music. I'm sure it was by somebody like Alannah Myles or whatever, but it's never my head...

"You can RUN WITH US!
We've got everything you need;
You can RUN WITH US!
We are free..."

Aaah.
Forgotten sin Posted 13 years 5 months ago
Sadly, the voice of Bert Raccoon Died this year.

This show is definitely one of canada's best. at times, i can barely say it with a straight face, but this honestly was a great canadian show.
sonmanic Posted 13 years 5 months ago
this a pretty awesome intro
shorty1k Posted 13 years 6 months ago
I don't know why but the music always made me scared that something really bad was going to happen to everyone. Great show!
Tv_Themes Posted 13 years 7 months ago
"Cyrial Sneer is an Aardvark?"

I was suprised too, I first thought he was like a pink version of The Great Gonzo.
BenJabotuya Posted 13 years 10 months ago
I REMEMBER THIS ONE! I used to watch this on The Disney Channel when it was a Pay-channel.
Piemonade Posted 13 years 11 months ago
Cyrial Sneer is an aardvark??
Trashley Posted 13 years 11 months ago
I used to watch this show, yet I don't really remember it at all...

It must have been good if it was from Canada though. I swear, Canada makes the best tv shows.
cspauldingb Posted 13 years 11 months ago
I know i might be going out on a limb here, but doesn't Bert remind anyone else of Geddy Lee?
Jake 1079 Posted 14 years 15 days ago
I hardly remember this show,not much to say,well I did watch it when I lived in Canada.