Comments

Comments
naturecat1998 Posted 1 year 2 months ago
Man, I couldn't stand this show. The ponies were so idiotic in each episode. They acted like they had no idea what was happening, and they wouldn't even put out a fire! Gosh, just get a firefighter pony! When My Little Pony Tales came out in the 90s, I was so relieved that this was over.
KHNintendo Posted 8 years 10 months ago
I find it more disturbing then anything that the word brony hasn't come up once in the comment section. It's usually all over the internet especially when talking about MLP.

OP: I don't like MLP mainly cause it's geared towards females. I did like Robot Chicken's parody of it though.
Lvl1otaku Posted 10 years 5 months ago
I\'m a guy and i remember watching this when i was little, I think thats why I\'m bi. lol xD
lilbooshy Posted 10 years 8 months ago
I hate what has happened to this show. back in my day the characters had some personality and they faced real conflicts (the babies getting kidnapped and there was an episode where one male pony died). now all it is is fodder to entertain the hana montana generation. BRING BACK CLASSIC PONY! i dont wanna see no cupcake icing delima
klinebabe Posted 10 years 8 months ago
I loved this show!!! i remember always wanting to bake when i watched the intro because the one pony did. I sang the intro and was just in awe as a child and collected all the rubber ponies they came out with.
feshapooh Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Awww this was my favorite show growing up
death_cab_qt Posted 11 years 5 months ago
I\'m 26 and I had my My Little Ponies and their castle up until probably high school!!! I gave them to my baby cousins to play with and I think they ended up getting sold at a yard sale by my aunt!
varjo Posted 11 years 6 months ago
I simlpy loved this show as a kid! I still like it actually! I was hoping someone would be able to tell me wether I could get this on dvd from somewhere???
Same goes with Escape from the Midnight Castle...
Celeste Posted 11 years 6 months ago
I must say I was a big fan of this show. My heart just raced when I was watching Rescue From Midnight Castle just because Tirak was so evil and impressive, thanks to Clive Revile, and had the power to turn Tootsie, Cotton Candy, Moondancer, and Applejack into such hideous dragon type creatures.
Then we have Catrina who kidnapped Baby Moondancer in order to get the other ponies to surrender to her willingly. It wasn\'t until Rep was pushed too far that Catrina decided to change.
MEMORIES!!
CGxSMASH Posted 11 years 10 months ago
i have ALOT of my little pony.
tinabaeba Posted 12 years 4 months ago
TRULY MY FAVORITE!!!
Annabananaka Posted 12 years 5 months ago
I had BOXES of My Little Pony growing up!
o0RainbowBrite0o Posted 12 years 7 months ago
Loving My Little Pony to me, is just being a girl. I loved the first movie. And the escape from midnight castle was weird. Firefly and Lickity Split were my favorite!
hollydrummer Posted 12 years 7 months ago
I found this

The series debuted in the fourth quarter of 1986, a few months after the release of My Little Pony: The Movie, which had introduced the Paradise Estate and many of the series\' main characters. 1987 saw a few new episodes added, mostly centering around the new products in the My Little Pony toy line that year. Two previous television specials were also edited into segments of My Little Pony and Friends: Rescue from Midnight Castle, first aired 1984, and Escape from Catrina from 1985.

The Movie introduced all the characters that are in the series. But I still do not understand why Firefly, Apple Jack,or any other ponies from \" Escape from Midnight castle\" are not in the show after that. LOL
This has always puzzled me.
hollydrummer Posted 12 years 7 months ago
The show you are talking about is called well actually it has a few names lol.

* On its original broadcast, the story was simply titled My Little Pony.
* The two parts of the repeat version were titled Rescue From Midnight Castle Part 1 and Escape From Midnight Castle Part 2. The 2005 US DVD release used \'Escape\' on screen for both episodes and \'Rescue\' on the packaging and DVD menu.
* In 1991, it was sold on VHS in the US as Firefly\'s Adventure, along with a Firefly toy.
* It was sold on VHS in the UK as My Little Pony in Dreamland
* The German translation was titled Abenteuer am Mitternachtsfluss - \'Adventure at Midnight River\'.
* The French translation was titled La grande invasion du château de minuit - \'The Great Invasion of Midnight Castle\'

Now this is what led to the series after in 85\'s \"Escape From Katrina\"

I always wondered why the ponies in the pilot are never again seen in the series? what is that all about? Megan and Spike and Ponyland are all that stayed the same. Does anyone know why this is?

This was one of my all time favorite shows and was devastated lol, when they stopped making it. I still have all my ponies too.
serenityrain Posted 12 years 9 months ago
yes i too would like to know the name of that movie i use to have it when i aske people about it they think i\'m nits and say i dont remember that moive where they were all being captured by dragons...... does anyone know where i could find it to buy is it called my little pony the movie???
if any one knows let me know [email protected] thanks...
Blueroc85 Posted 12 years 11 months ago
I loved My Little Ponies. I even had some of the toys. I couldn\'t belive it when they started selling them in stores again! I think the new ones are crappy, though
cherylann15 Posted 12 years 11 months ago
\"Do any of you guys remember the name of the My Little Pony movie where the ponies were being captured and turned into dragons? Or, was it just called, \"My Little Pony Movie\"?\"

Yes, it\'s called Rescue from Midnight Castle or something like that. You can watch it on youtube.
TV1985 Posted 13 years 8 days ago
pearljamownzyou said:

\"When she wasn\'t looking, I always had Skeletor kidnap them.\"

That\'s funny. Let me guess, was He-Man suppose to rescue them from Skeletor?
pearljamownzyou Posted 13 years 9 days ago
AHHHHHHH!

My sister collected these like mad.

When she wasn\'t looking, I always had Skeletor kidnap them.
meows Posted 13 years 15 days ago
OHMAN.

I love this show to pieces, man. ']
The new My Little Pony for today\'s kids totally sucks though.
mimitchi33 Posted 13 years 1 month ago
I love My Little Ponies!
diggidy28 Posted 13 years 2 months ago
How the heck did this last 3 years???
shard80 Posted 13 years 3 months ago
Ah how I love My Little Ponies! Just hearing the original theme song makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. makes me want to break out my old collection from storage! X3
AnnoyingJuan Posted 13 years 6 months ago
Damn I loved this one. I was always buying my litttle ponys as a kid. Damn I still had some untill my neice got into them this Care bears and moon dreamers where a few of my faves... hmm so was gijoe, heman and transformers.. Egahd they where all my faverate (I cant pick one over another (head explodes)
mika85 Posted 13 years 8 months ago
squeeeeee!!!! this and rainbow bright were my favorite when i was little! what was that little dinosaur\'s name? i wanna say \"spike\"...
Jem83 Posted 13 years 10 months ago
That clip was legend!
I have to say I never really played with Barbies but I was obsessed with playing with my my little pony collection.
And while we\'re on the subject of confessions...My fiance sometimes still buys them for me!
retroguy78 Posted 14 years 1 month ago
<object width=\"425\" height=\"350\"><param name=\"movie\" value=\"http://www.youtube.com/v/E39u7w3lYsA\"></param><param name=\"wmode\" value=\"transparent\"></param><embed src=\"http://www.youtube.com/v/E39u7w3lYsA\" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" wmode=\"transparent\" width=\"425\" height=\"350\"></embed></object>
retroguy78 Posted 14 years 1 month ago
This was something boys would watch too, but would never admit to their friends or else they\'d get their asses kicked on the playground.

I was one of those boys. I even named my cat (Rest in Peace: Megan 1990-2004) after the girl on this show. Thankfully, I never admit this anyone or got my ass kicked in school.

Is this what brought out so many gay sides of men?
jaklumen Posted 14 years 3 months ago
>>>... but they didn\'t grow up with my little pony!!! they never watched a cartoon.<<<

I agree-- my 4-yr old daughter got a My Little Pony doll for her last birthday, and I wouldn\'t mind getting a hold of a few of the old episodes for her, or to see the show remade (as long as it\'s well done).

She loves the old Care Bear videos and movies, though.
robmon300 Posted 14 years 6 months ago
wheres cobra when you need them the most.
Moonxtal Posted 14 years 6 months ago
Oh MAN! I was allll about the PONIES when I was a little girl. I have, through collecting them at flea markets and such, over 100 ponies!

The cartoon was ok, but with glareing mistakes and half assed animation/songs. I wish the entire series was more like the first eps.(see intro 2) animation wise. I really liked that style, the story line was more interesting with much better villians!
Cheryl9383 Posted 14 years 6 months ago
I swear WE KNEW MY LITTLE PONY!!!! I hate the fact that there are little girls today that have like all the my little pony dolls,toys,comforter, etc... but they didn\'t grow up with my little pony!!! they never watched a cartoon. It makes me mad! why can\'t they stick with Dora the explorer or Barney?
kjoy Posted 14 years 7 months ago
I used to watch my little pony as a little girl, and now I wish I still had the toy my llittle ponies, but i wanted to play barber shop and well the ponies ended up in the trash. I shore do miss them!!!!!!!!!!
CanadianWeirdAlFan Posted 14 years 8 months ago
I had quite the collection of ponies as well! I loved the movie specials too.

You know what I absolutely hate? The fact that they brought the cartoon back with the same name and completely changed them by making the ponies so ditzy!! I\'m talking those new ponies were such airheads..giggling every few seconds..It was sickening how they ruined a cool old cartoon.

Long live 80s cartoons!!
TV1985 Posted 14 years 8 months ago
I bought My Little Pony: Season 1 on DVD for my Sister\'s birthday.
kimsy520 Posted 14 years 9 months ago
I remember this show, but never really paid attention to it. I did collect the ponies though
Trashley Posted 15 years 1 month ago
I loved this show. You can\'t diss on My Little Pony.
robmon300 Posted 15 years 2 months ago
that show gave me nightmares dude.
TV1985 Posted 15 years 2 months ago
I remember I use to watch My Little Pony with my sister. She would also watch She-Ra, Jem, Care Bears, and Rainbow Brite.

My Little Pony was one of the best childrens cartoons of the 80\'s.