Comments

Comments
NostalgiaFan115 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
"Thundercats hoooooooooooo!" was my favorite catchphrase everytime they announced it an epic fight scene would ensue. The mutants and mumm-ra were lovable villains and everytime Jaga makes an appearance as an obi-wan ghost, I just wow in amazement everytime that happens.
bklynbren Posted 7 years 8 months ago
Awsome show, but I was rarley able to catch it on t.v, alway just made it in time for the credits.
morelshroomgirl1976 Posted 8 years 1 month ago
I loved this cartoon amongst many. I would go around singing...THUNDER...THUNDER CAAAATS.
SkeleboneJack Posted 8 years 2 months ago
wilykit, I found one... a decent pic of the sword of omens itself( one without Lion-O behind it)go 2 google.com/ images
SkeleboneJack Posted 8 years 2 months ago
I grew up watching this show, and 2 b honest, the NEW show on CN... doesn't even come CLOSE to touching the level of greatness the original acheived in the day. for those who like the new( and ACTUALLY remember the OLD)more power to ya.... But I say... "Eye of Thundera, give me sight beyond sight!"
carkoth Posted 8 years 2 months ago
I'm soo happy they did a good remake of this series on cartoon network! It's pretty epic!
zackieboy Posted 8 years 9 months ago
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
jessdogg29 Posted 9 years 8 days ago
i love the thunder cats i grew up with them in the 80's
infanati1979 Posted 9 years 12 days ago
Thunndercats qre on the move, Thundercats are loose! Feel the magic hear the roar, Thundercats are loose! I´ve got the whole collector´s edition of this series, just love 'em!
greystripe Posted 9 years 6 months ago
I loved this show. Even to the point that during Halloween of 1987 I walked into one of my broadcasting classes dressed as liono. Needless to say the professor didn't laugh but my friends did
dj_infinity Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Ok, the year is 1986 i'm 5 i remember waking up ealry around 6:00 and thunder cats use to come on Fox 32 WFLD chicago area, this is before fox became huge and sliver hawks use to come on right after. then later on in my high school years late 90s cartoonnetwork pick this show and voltron back up. when they did that everyone was on it...what happen to these shows? cartoons are not cartoons anymore not like these shows in the 80s and early 90s...i guess that why i watch mostly anime now...american made stuff just isn't the same.
Aingsy Posted 9 years 9 months ago
Possibly the greatest show ever. The mix of science and fantasy was outstanding. I've watched my boxsets countless times. I hope the rumours about a film are true. Thundercats, HO!!!!!!!!
captainra Posted 9 years 9 months ago
I own all 4 box sets on DVD. Even includes the 3 new Thundercats, Pumira,Lynx-o, and Bengali
mrjedi76 Posted 10 years 13 days ago
OMG, me and my brother use to break our necks getting home to watch thunder cats, cops, he-man, mask, heath cliff..e.t.c The 80's and 90's cartoons were the greatest...kids today are short changed!! Sucks to be them..lol
Benjanime Posted 10 years 1 month ago
@que77

umm... ever think of youtube?
Madman444 Posted 10 years 1 month ago
I have the Thundercats Series on DVD and I can hardly wait for the Motion Picture. THUNDERCATS, HO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
que77 Posted 10 years 3 months ago
why cant i watch the episodes
Galactusgirl Posted 10 years 3 months ago
Thudercats! HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
arware24 Posted 10 years 7 months ago
Loved to watch this cartoon every morning just before having to catch the bus to school.
InvaderZen Posted 10 years 7 months ago
I loved this show! I liked Lion-O the best, and for some reason I couldn't stand Snarf for the first season. All in all this show was amazing!
Jukebox980 Posted 10 years 8 months ago
I had LionO and Tigra as toys when i was a kid. My cousin had Panthero. We would always argue on who was better, Panthero or LionO. . . LionO of course
Tessa31 Posted 10 years 8 months ago
I loved Thundercats too. I wanted to be just like Cheetara when I grew up. Minus the fur.
HitokiriAkins Posted 10 years 9 months ago
Am I the only guy in the world who thought Cheetara was hot when I was a kid? Heck, I still think she's hot, despite her being a cartoon character and a furry. Cheetara's probably why I prefer athletic women today to runway models to this day.

Anyone else notice that the opening of this show was actually more exciting than the show itself? There was never that much action in the episode! I can't think of a single episode that had as much going on in it as the opening did.

And that LionO is the only one who aged upon reaching third Earth? I mean, he was about the same age as Willykid and WillyCat on the ship that transported them from Thundara, and he's the only one who aged.

Make no mistake, I LOVED this show as a kid, and I still do now. But when you think about some of then things about the show now, it's hilarious.
Galactusgirl Posted 10 years 9 months ago
I love Thundercats!
mulletrocker Posted 10 years 10 months ago
I thought the show was cool and all one of the best cartoons of the 80's but I just do not like the cute comic relief characters in cartoons. Snarf was a drag on an awesome cartoon but hell almost every cartoon in the 80s had one of those stupid little cute things that you should have flush out the airlock.
wao_99 Posted 10 years 10 months ago
I can't forget my childhood live...specailly the cartoons
Damitu Posted 10 years 10 months ago
I agree! Boomerang should show this!

I do hope the movie deal works out. It will
introduce Thundercats to a new generation.
random hero Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Now this show is legendary! the first 5 episdes of the second season was the thundercats movie i dont think they ever did a bad episode
Toxie Posted 10 years 11 months ago
go lion-o!this cartoon rules...it will always be great cause its thundercats!!!
Good29er Posted 10 years 11 months ago
It always amazed me how the symble of the cat looked alot like the Mercury Couger type. Anyhow, I never got a chance to see the whole season of this show, just at the end....loved the female cats!
lhore Posted 10 years 11 months ago
They really need to bring this cartoon back!!! LOOOOVED THIS!!! BRINGS BACK GOOOOOD MEMORIES
grindcore fan Posted 11 years 3 days ago
Now this is what they should be showing on Boomerang. Not the Power Puff Girls or Dexter's Laboratory.
lexhogan Posted 11 years 4 days ago
thunder, thunder, thundercats hoooooooo!snarf!
banglefan82 Posted 11 years 8 days ago
This show rocked all those cats raising swords to see what was going on behind closed doors and all
greyink07 Posted 11 years 1 month ago
who e this show it didnt love this show every one love say thunder thnder thunder thunder cats hoooooooooooo i liked cheetarah she was sexy and liono but pantro was the best because i love nunchucks and plus he's a brotha lol yall know its true
Selbdog Posted 11 years 2 months ago
This cartoon ruled the 1980's catchy theme music, great characters. Cool weapons and villians. I owned most of the action figures. I owen the Sword of Omen it was my favorite next to the Thunder Tank. I even had the Cat's Layer. You can buy the DVD boxed set from Columbia House for $35-$45 or on half.com for $32-$40 used if your lucky you might find an unused copy. I could not tell you my favorite character cause I liked them all equaly. My favorite villian was Monkey N.
Jus Cuzz Posted 11 years 3 months ago
i love this show cuzz i thought that Lion-O, was the best
kp77 Posted 11 years 3 months ago
We used to have a little plastic cubbyhouse that you had to put together yourself with all these platic connecting tube pieces, it had windows and a door and like a place to stick your face in so it looked like a picture outside and all i ever wanted to do was use one of the connecting tube pieces, the longest of course and use it as my sword and run around the backyard being cheetah!! thunder thunder thunder thunder thunder thunder cats ho!!
natshera Posted 11 years 3 months ago
there was also a mis printed vcr that came out of the movie which i have a copy of!!
natshera Posted 11 years 3 months ago
they are re-making the film thundercats-ho in cartoon format !! and also re making masters of the universe live action
AfroPimpChin Posted 11 years 4 months ago
I Add all the action figures and even had Lion-O's Sword of Omens!!!!! AMAZING SHOW you can even buy em now on dvd but they quite expensive for a cartoon
super_mikey83 Posted 11 years 5 months ago
This is one of the ultimate 1980's icon I wish they can make a comeback in the 21st. century so people who once worshipped their kiddie show will once again find comfort in their up-coming return with action figures and battle vehicles of course.
willyKat82 Posted 11 years 5 months ago
This was my favorite show growing up. I had all the action figures
and and movies. I remember taping the shows from tv on my vcr, stopping the recording during the commercials. THUNER THUNDER THUNERCATS OHHHHHHHHHH
littlechimpy Posted 11 years 7 months ago
This show was so weird. I used to watch it all the time even though I didn't like it and Mumra made me sick. I had the video - it was the episode when Tigra went into the cave and got really old and Cheetara had to run inside and rescue him
whaledogs911 Posted 11 years 7 months ago
Hello thundercat fan am a big thundercats fan i wanna know if tygra has a change to beat lynxana the bounty hunter from the comies books in a fight. She has a ray-guy.
OK i think tygra can turn invisble against her but i dont know thats why im asking you, tygra has a bolo whip that can turn into fire against her ray-gun and shatterdarts
Tygra Strengths:Ability to turn invisible with the aid of his bolo whip, also able to create illusions using mind power

Weaknesses:Mind power abilities are not sustainable for long periods, at one time could not swim, also shy personality makes Tygra susceptible to outside stimulents

What do you thundecats fans think
Angel_MamaKin Posted 11 years 7 months ago
I remember running home everyday just to catch this show. Out of all of them there is only one I never got to see. Now I need to get all the seasons of the show so I can have them at home. The only one I missed was when all the Thundercats had to put Lionel through the tests. Well the one that I did not see was the one with the twins testing him. I loved Cheetara the best but loved each one as well. Miss catching Snarf on the tv.
2ndchanceretrojunk Posted 11 years 8 months ago
!!!!!
Josey Firewater Posted 11 years 10 months ago
They want too much money for each season of this show. It's a great cartoon that other animators, writers, producers and developers such follow suit on. Not like these sad cartoons that are on today.
grocket94 Posted 11 years 10 months ago
Thundercats, nuff said.....Snarf!!!!!!
serenityrain Posted 11 years 11 months ago
yes i do remember this show but i'm sorry to say not as well as others but i do remembering that i liked it
lmayberry2 Posted 11 years 11 months ago
This is the VERY best show ever created!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Darkvixen1992 Posted 12 years 1 month ago
i so totally remember this show! i used to watch it all of the time!
dopeman6100 Posted 12 years 1 month ago
hahahaha. i cant put to words what i felt when is saw this show once again. it sure brings back lots of fun memmories. man, now a days, cartoons are getting crappy. wheres the moral lesson? where did all the good cartoons go?
dopeman6100 Posted 12 years 1 month ago
LOL, oh man this brings back memmories. hahahaha.
tommy8720 Posted 12 years 1 month ago
thundercats were good back in the day i have season 1 on 2 box dvd set.
Furienna Posted 12 years 2 months ago
Back in 1994, when I was 10 years old, this was my favorite show. I even had a crush on Lion-O.
gigomeister Posted 12 years 2 months ago
I love the way that sword sounds when it expands!
Newcreature584 Posted 12 years 3 months ago
THUNDER....THUNDER....THUNDER CATS..ho!!!!!!
Manuel432 Posted 12 years 4 months ago
I love the thunder cats alot I think they showed them on robot chicken
cunny Posted 12 years 4 months ago
This cartoon rocked! When Lion-o took out that sword...THUNDER! THUNDER! THUNDER! THUNDERCATS!...how cool was that!
Emphinix Posted 12 years 4 months ago
One of the greatest cartoons of all time.
newsome3450 Posted 12 years 4 months ago
2nd greatest cartoon ever
Cyborganna Posted 12 years 4 months ago
The theme song still makes me shiver!
timeofstrife Posted 12 years 4 months ago
awesome...own it. the cool thing is that i have a source that tells me there is live action movie script for this bouncing around the production houses in cali. we can only hope forl such a thing to happen...
raulcarlos Posted 12 years 5 months ago
i whish they would show theam more often
BATTLESTAR100 Posted 12 years 5 months ago
I USED TO WATCH THIS SHOW ALL THE TIME WHEN IT WAS IN RERUNS ON CARTOON NETWORK I LOVED IT
Bdawg Posted 12 years 5 months ago
they should bring back on boomerang
Bdawg Posted 12 years 5 months ago
i love thunder cats the should bring it back on boomerang
ladygirl99 Posted 12 years 5 months ago
Now these were real cartoons when I was a kid
mewcat201 Posted 12 years 5 months ago
Another of mine and my nephews faves! Last Chistmas
My nephew whos in his mid to late twenties now Surprised me by gifting me with the season 2 Part 2
DVD Box set of Thundercats. It really touched me that
he remebered after all these years that I too loved the show.
scanzi720 Posted 12 years 5 months ago
don't know who let it through, but on the quotes page there is the quote "Form Blazing Sword - Panthro" unfortunately "Form Blazing Sword" is from Voltron not Thundercats.
licawolf Posted 12 years 6 months ago
This was one of my favorites shows! my brother, my cousin and I were always playing that we were the Thundercats, ha ha, good times...
roguefirefly Posted 12 years 6 months ago
I loved this show! Cartoons now aren't anywhere near as good! Invader Zim is the most recent thing i like and even that isn't aired anymore! Bring back shows like Thundercats!
Miklus Posted 12 years 6 months ago
I never watch it on cartoon network but heroes ownes
radtastic Posted 12 years 6 months ago
HAHA I loved this one... I watched it all the time on Cartoon Network!
WilyKit Posted 12 years 7 months ago
Does anyone know of a good picture of the Sword of Omens? I want the whole sword, not when it's up in front of Lion-O's face...

Please contact me if you know of one!
AiCLC Posted 12 years 8 months ago
I heart Snow Meow
cheetara1 Posted 12 years 8 months ago
i believe that i would love to see the thundercats come back in 2007/2008 and that i dont care whether its old or new. And as for the rumors of the thundercats movie? BRING IT ON! I'm so much an avid thundercats fanatic, it even scare my daughter! lol. And the best part is she loves it too now! Thundercats, HOOOOOOOOOO!
Chatokay Posted 12 years 9 months ago
Why is it called Cosmocats instead of Thundercats in France ?

Well, at the time it was aired, there wasn't a lot of people whom spoke english.

Cosmocats, cats of the cosmos, and cosmos is a word we understand, it means space, so, cats of the space.

Now, thunder, not a lot of people at that time knew what that mean, and just translatting thundercats by... Tonnerrecats... well it just don't do it.

So we shifted from cats of thunder to cats of cosmos (space).
Ash1985 Posted 12 years 9 months ago
yet another classic, i have always loved this show
Retro Ru-Bot Posted 12 years 11 months ago
CosmoCats?? That is very odd. Who FINDS THESE THINGS?!?!?! I wanna know because I would love to obtain all these rare and obscure goodies!!
gaastra Posted 12 years 11 months ago
Cosmocats?

Why are they called that in the france intro?
Deleted Posted 12 years 11 months ago
I actually saw a commercial for the Thundercats DVD set a week ago. It's funny though, growing up I didn't think Thundercats were that big a deal, and I'm only now seeing people hype it up as one of the best cartoons ever. Somehow I'm just not convinced.
Nostalgiascape Posted 12 years 11 months ago
Think that's where hacksaw jim duggan got it from? Hoooooo.
BYERE Posted 13 years 17 days ago
Fear not, Nostalgiascape... for I too had a crush on Cheetarah.

I can't wait till Jan 9th '07... this is FINALLY being released on DVD in England (at least the first part of season 1 is, but the rest will follow shortly after... I hope)
Nostalgiascape Posted 13 years 26 days ago
The year is 1987 and I have this lavish dream which sparked a short lived crush on Cheetarah. Sad I know, but true.
dj_infinity Posted 13 years 1 month ago
Green Eyes 85 Posted 13 years 1 month ago
How annoying was Snarf?! Oh my God he used to drive me insane!! Panthro was my fave character.
sm2000 Posted 13 years 3 months ago
Am I just not noticing something, or is there no difference between Intro 1 and Intro 3?
taztj77 Posted 13 years 3 months ago
I loved this show an everything about it rocks
sm2000 Posted 13 years 3 months ago
Um...that IS the proper intro. Intro 1 was the intro used for all the Season 1 episodes, Intro 2 was original shown preceding the opening titles in the movie version of the original pilot mini-series.

Which intro are you thinking of? Season 2, maybe? IIRC, that one had some of the newer characters added in.
HBarca Posted 13 years 3 months ago
Ahhh, where the hell is the proper intro???, I'll have to upload it.
Sgt.scorpious Posted 13 years 4 months ago
an old guy wearing tights like that i snot th emost pleasent of sights but i guess the show was pretty cool i wouldnt know cause i wasnt around when the were originally on and i wonder where the supposed previous 2 earths are if were the 3rd one
johnaj1973 Posted 13 years 4 months ago
MY FAV EPISODE WAS THE ONE WERE MUMM-RA MADE HIMSELF LOOK LIKE KING ARTHUR AND GOT EXCALIBUR TO FIGHT THE SWORD OF OMENS! MY LEAST FAV IS WHERE THEY WERE BREATHING IN OUTER SPACE...
hsmith98 Posted 13 years 4 months ago
This show was great.
jaklumen Posted 13 years 5 months ago
I hadn't seen the original intro-- I remember the later one, which definitely looks like an improvement, and had always looked pretty cool to me.

Much like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon, I found the pilot pretty impressive in its origin story-- especially as it plays much like other shows and movies that draw on the fantasy tales of recorded history.
Sgt.scorpious Posted 13 years 5 months ago
now this is a retro show
sendyjade Posted 13 years 5 months ago
memories.........
sailor_moon_girl Posted 13 years 6 months ago
i heart this show
LivinLegend85 Posted 13 years 7 months ago
thunder....thunder...thundercats...hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HAD THA SWORD OF OMENS!! BUT I LOST IT YEARSSSS AGO....I EVEN HAD THA THUNDERCATS UNDERWEAR WHEN I WAS LITTLE xD
Athena9188 Posted 13 years 7 months ago
Brings back fond memories of my brother and I beating eachother up while watching this show.
The_D Posted 13 years 9 months ago
didnt know thundercats had an voice over intro.. damn am i missing my childhood here
twinsun Posted 13 years 10 months ago
this is one of the best programmes ever. loved it
~Thunderkitten~ Posted 13 years 10 months ago
My absolute favorite cartoon as a child, right along with DangerMouse! I love it just as much now as I did back then.
8Tschild Posted 13 years 10 months ago
Did anyone notice that on intro #2 (the one with the voice over) he states that it is First Earth...I thought they called it Third Earth. Am I missing something?

Show rocked!
tyranous Posted 13 years 11 months ago
This kind of cartoons won't be created anymore...the best remains in the past.....
Gorbash Posted 13 years 11 months ago
Fantastic show with a classic intro to boot!

And xxRake1xx....a drinking game based off thundercats? XD
Units1019 Posted 13 years 11 months ago
Yeah kimsy, I agree. They just don't make them like this anymore. You know, it shows why 80's(and some from the 90's) are the best. We remember the ones we grew up with. My little cousins would probably forget today's toons the minute something new comes out.
kimsy520 Posted 13 years 11 months ago
classic show
xxRake1xx Posted 13 years 11 months ago
Does anyone know where I can download it. I'm tring to build my own library. Its fun to build drinking games based on these ol skool shows. please help me out if you can.
steveland76 Posted 14 years 1 month ago
My absolutely favorite cartoon back in the day. I got so excited when I found out the show was being released on DVD. I loved all the ThunderCats, including Mumm-Ra, and the evil mutants. I can't wait 'til next month when Season One, Volume two is released.
majinn Posted 14 years 1 month ago
well i remember years ago when my mother would come home from work and thundercats would be on.

and finally they now have it at the wal-mart (thank goodness i put one on layaway there where only two left)
goldseventeen Posted 14 years 2 months ago
Snarf?!
jerbojones Posted 14 years 2 months ago
thunder........THUNDer.........THUNDERCATS...HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
neba Posted 14 years 3 months ago
Panthro was (and still is) a badass with the nunchaku!
Great show and will remain as on of my top favorites. And Jaga reminds me of Obi-Wan with the Jedi ghost thing.
gillz107 Posted 14 years 3 months ago
Man!!! I just can't truly put into words how Goddamn AWESOME this show was... for that matter, STILL is. I loved this show to death! Had the toys, school supplies, lunch box, Etc., Glad it's on DVD now.
Chupi Posted 14 years 3 months ago
Haha, my local library is getting season one of Thundercats for their kids' section. TAKE THAT, BIATCHES!! XP ... Anyway, I think I was too young to watch it when it first came out, but when they had the reruns on Cartoon Network it was TOTALLY AWESOME. I think I about DIED. It was hilariously cheesy, but that made it really fun and I loved the animation style.