Comments

Comments
MoranisFan1991 Posted 9 years 2 months ago
The reason I saw this was because South Park made homage to it in season 4. All I could say that this is better than today's sci-fi thrillers.

Unfortunately, Hollywood is stupid enough to remake it into live-action. I don't really want them to because most of today's movies kind of suck, despite not seeing the corresponding ones, but I KNOW these things.
JTurner Posted 9 years 9 months ago
I'm not a particularly huge fan of this film, and frankly, I don't really see what it is that makes it so popular. It's intricately detailed and impressively animated, but the film is very unpleasant throughout and sometimes difficult to follow (thank goodness the newer dub by Geneon fixed that problem). That said, it IS definitely an important movie as it sort of jumpstarted the Anime craze in America. So for that I give it credit, but for my money, Miyazaki's works are where the best of Anime is really at.
Pinface Posted 9 years 9 months ago
My favorite animated movie of all time! i remembered in early 96 at 13 turning 14, i rented this baby from one of the local video stores here in Albuquerque. I loved it and became an anime fan despite i had became one watching Vampire Hunter D and Robot Carnival on TBS earlier.
Malbosia Posted 9 years 11 months ago
This movie is fantastic.
Edfraraccio Posted 10 years 2 months ago
I plan on getting this one day.
DSHigsby Posted 10 years 5 months ago
I think it was too deep for its time if you ask me it was breathtaking to me when I saw it as a child
BenJamin Posted 10 years 10 months ago
This was a good film yet pretty bizarre also. The animation was pretty cool too.
Ograws Posted 11 years 9 months ago
For an animated movie in 1988, it was well ahead of its time
Benjanime Posted 11 years 11 months ago
the plot was very hard to understand at first, but the effects and style of the movie are mind-blowing and a cinematic experience to behold
arielbot74 Posted 12 years 10 months ago
Man I was blown away when I saw this as a kid and it still kicks ass!!
negate3 Posted 12 years 11 months ago
There's a reason this movie is called the definitive anime. 'Nuff said