Comments

Comments
    Retro Wop Posted 3 years 8 months ago
    Wow, I hadn't thought of this show in years. I watched this in the late 70's and I loved the shows on Bigfoot, The Loch Ness Monster etc...
    mightybfan Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    I watched this show,too. They did the Mary Celeste.
    RetroSparrowSpike Posted 6 years 3 days ago
    I believe this was spoofed in "Amazon Women On The Moon".
    :p
    superhumansamuri Posted 6 years 6 days ago
    i love this show because its like a tv show of a book called "the unexplained" which talks about things like big foot and the jersey devil and the mothman ect
    pinback65 Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    One funny thing about the show was the disclaimer...it was part of the original show, it wasn't added by the History Channel:
    "This series presents information based in part on theory and conjecture. The producer's purpose is to suggest some possible explanations, but not necessarily the only ones, to the mysteries we will examine."

It was a great show, which I still appreciate a lot, even though I now look at the topics with a far more skeptical eye. It stands heads and shoulders above most of the paranormal documentary shows you find these days on the cable channels, and often treated subjects with some intelligence and depth, and had a lot of interesting people on. I just saw Bob Ballard, the oceanographer who discovered Titanic, on the Colbert Report tonight - and he pops up in the "In Search Of..." episode about Loch Ness, because he was there working with a scientific team trying to photograph the monster (I think part of a National Geographic Society expedition).

Great show, well-edited, atmospheric, eerie music, that great Leonard Nimoy presence, and sometimes you really can learn something. And sometimes you roll your eyes at the whole 1970's paranormal silliness.
    theguilty1 Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    I use to watch this before school. I don't remember what channel I watched it on, but there were two episodes in a row.
    isis1 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    "Leonard Nimoy's calm, detached narration is comforting in a nostalgic sort of way, and the entire show has a resolutely objective feel. Funny, but I thought the show only lasted a couple of seasons, not the six indicated..."

ditto! and loved this show...watched it with dad almost every week. saw a few episodes recently and yes, it DOES still hold up very well...even with all new things learned since about some of the topics covered. definitely deserves a place in the 'awesome 70's shows' hall of fame. (o;
    Fyne T(oo)ning Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    This was the program that introduced younger folk to long unsolved cases of the strange and the enigmatic, both legendary and rare, and thus gave birth to a new generation of conspiracy theorists. I know that, watching it as a kid, it got me thinking twice about the world we live in.