Comments

Comments
    Ian16545 Posted 2 years 10 months ago
    Loved 'em right from the start. Though I remember seeing this on the Disney Channel AND on PBS, my personal favorites were the tapes--"Ride the Rollercoaster" and "Cars, Boats, Trains and Planes" being at the top of my list.
    courtneek Posted 3 years 1 month ago
    I used to watch this when I was in preschool back in 96, 97, and early 98.
    FreakyWolfman Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    I remember havin the one with "Get Around".
    Bluj200 Posted 4 years 1 month ago
    I had to watched this as soon as I got home. Good ole PBS. Loved it!!!
    1986BXKID Posted 4 years 6 months ago
    i remember in elementery school when i was in kindergarden they use to play this show on the lunch room on a 90 inch projector on the wall lol lol lol....
    Jt62786 Posted 4 years 9 months ago
    I use to watch thsi everyday when I came home from school.
    AndyP Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    I still have a nice collection of the VHS tapes. I've been contemplating trying to finish up the set.
    n3se Posted 5 years 24 days ago
    I watched this faithfully lol, the songs were always catchy.
    MissBumpy Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    I've seen a some dvds of this I also remember watching a video of it in second grade
    bigaint2 Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    When I was little, I used to love Kidsongs. I watched it religiously until I was 7, then just occasionally until age 9 or so. Unlike the infamous Barney show, this show had real stuff: a real studio, real places, actors, even guest stars that did interviews. Showing live athletes, performers, and professionals on the show is a genius idea! It's far better than the patronizing crap being produced nowadays. Plus the songs on the show weren't only children's ones, but also American classics, such as "Give My Regards to Broadway". I even wanted to visit the places where the kids filmed the videos (and if internet existed at the time, I'd probably be able to locate the addresses). Why did WTTW take this show off the air is beyond me.
    kels0rly Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    I remember theeese!
    MandyRascal Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    lol. I had these.

I saw some at Walmart a few months ago...
    & I was actually contemplating on buying one.
    I didn't though.
    pitselah Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    Great videos, I would always get these from the library.
    Jezebel07 Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    I still have the sing-along books that came with the videos ^_^
    knight16 Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    Ok, i have a question. Recently i've seen advertisements for a movie called Nancy Drew. The main character is played by a girl named Emma Roberts. My question is.. Is Emma Roberts one of the cast of the original Kidsongs.. not sure if its a vid or the tv show but i've seen something about kidsongs and the girl on there kindof stuck in my head. Emma Roberts looks alot like the girl on kidsongs. Is she? please send me an email answer. My email is [email protected] .
    Mondav87 Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    They sell the DVDs of epsiodes for a dollar
    my nieces have 3. Wasn't this on Disney Channel at some point?
    misch3riedior Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    Haha.. one of my many guilty pleasures as a kid...
    pika62221 Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    I've posted a video on youtube, that is just the 1987 Kidsongs intro:

pika62221 Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    Oh my God, COSTARICAN80S, you don't remember the 1980's at all! Here's the original 80'S lyrics:

"We want our kidsongs
    We want them!
    Kidsongs tv show."

*Talk about an old tv station, and checking it out by a group of kids*

"We were looking for adventure, we sure did find it!
    An old tv studio, what do you know!
    If we work to clean it, maybe we can use it.
    Learn how to run it, and put on a show.
    We want our kidsongs.
    Tappin' our feet, soon everyboy's gonna move to the beat.
    With the kidsons.
    We got the sound, it's gonna be coming to your city and town.
    We want our kidsongs, we want our kidsongs, we want our kidsongs, we want 'em!"

Here, a link to a recording of the FIRST season I made back in 1987, it airs in the last minute:

Those animated characters were in the NINETYS, NOT THE EIGHTIES!
    COSTARICAN80S Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    AND THATS NOT THE ORIGINAL 1 SEASON THEME..SOME PARTS YEA BUT NOT ALL OF THEM
    COSTARICAN80S Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    jo14e, I KNOW WHAT YOUR SAYING ABOUT THE LYRICS BUT THAT WASNT ORIGINAL..FIRST THE LYRIC WENT, "WE FOUND OURSELVES A NEW FRIEND". BILLY WAS ALWAYS THERE..HIS SISTER CAME IN LATER.. COME ON..YOUR GONNA TRY SCHOOLING ME ON SOME KID SHOW WHEN I CAN REMEMBER SHOWS FROM THE 80S TO NOW,2007???
    lenaebaby Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    I WAS LOOKING ALL OVER FOR THIS! I remebered them singing, Achy Breaky Heart! I remembered the blue and pink things but couldn't remember the name of the show!
    deliriumtrigger1024 Posted 7 years 24 days ago
    i remembered this show but couldnt figure out the name for the life of myself- my friend and sister and i would sit there reminiscing about it and couldnt remember what it was called until i came upon this site. i thought we were the only ppl who remembered it lol.
    luvya525 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    i learned a lot of songs and the wors to them thru this show, it was awesome
    jonghyunchung Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    Sorry guys for the first season's intro out of sync.
    Deleted Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT (a bit)

These blue and pink creatures "the biggles" were bro/sis, but they didn't come into kidsongs till season two. Note the 2nd verse lyrics "we found ourselves some new friends..." altered in because they weren't originally part of the show. = The theme song video clip posted here is from the 2nd+ seasons (hence why things seem different, Costa, flashy creatures bring flashy sounds.)

So my question is if anyone has the file or a link to the original theme clip. A mate on youtube has the audiotrack but video's always spark more memories.
    COSTARICAN80S Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    I REMEMBER WATCHING THIS WHEN I WAS YOUNGER..THERES SERTIN PARTS OF THE VIDEO WHERE THEY HAD DIFFERENT KIDS, OR LIKE WHEN THE BLUE GUY GOES INTO THE TUBE TO LOOK FOR THE GUYS MISSING ALLIGATOR(HA I REMEMBER THAT EPISODE)..THIS FIRST VIDEO IS NEW TO ME.. NOT SOO MANY SOUND EFFECTS WHERE ON HERE..I REMEMBER FAMOUS PEOPLE LIKE RAYMONE SYMONE APPERING ON HERE, OR HOW THESE TWO KINDS TRAVELED ACROOS THE WORLD BY PEDDLING SOMETHING THAT MADE THEM FLY..
    jonghyunchung Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    There could've been interesting titles like "We're Off to See the Wizard", an "Oz" edition of Kidsongs.
    Joyce13 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    This was my favorite show in PBS (Along with Wishbone). It aired in NY for many years and I loved watching it and singing along to all the songs.
    jonghyunchung Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    I have no idea why there are 2 intros at the same time.
    punkgothwhatever Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    Wow i love this show!!! AWESOME!
    jobiedoll Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    They sell kidsongs at a local grocery store
    in oklahoma on Dvd for a dollar now
    90sKid Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    This was my sh**!!!
    DK1988 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    OMG OMG OMG THIS BRINGS BACK TOOO MANY MEMORIES
    90s chick Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    I used to watch this one too. I have kids now and seeing the cr@p they watch on tv makes me wish cute little shows like this were on today!! It's way better then what's out there now!