Comments

Comments
    Retro Wop Posted 2 years 9 months ago
    I will never forget the episode where Herb Tarleck dresses up like a Carp (fish) for a WKRP promotion. The fish (Herb) goes into the mens room to pee and then realizes he can't get the costume off. He starts jumping around and flapping his gills because he has to go so bad. I fell out of my chair laughing and hit the floor. That and the turkey episode where they throw the turkeys out of a plane and then realize that turkeys can't fly are my favorites. The characters in this show were fantastic, Dr Johnny Fever, Venus Flytrap, Les Nesman all of them were great. I think Loni Anderson was pretty, but the woman who played Bailey was absolutely beautiful, major crush on her then and still today.
    darly340 Posted 3 years 8 months ago
    The turkey episode is one of the funniest I have ever seen!! I still laugh today thinking about it!!
    cheetah Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    Awesome sitcom. I miss it.
    spyder88 Posted 4 years 7 months ago
    there was a real radio station in cincinnati that this show was based off of called WKRC but they didn't get the rights to use it and changed the name of the show.
    TV1985 Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    I was going to purchase WKRP in Cincinnati on DVD, but then I realized that the episodes have been edited and some scenes have been cut. Which to me, and other television lovers who loved this sitcom, are not happy about or will not be happy about when they first realize how much the DVD's have been edited. Knowing that Mary Tyler Moore's studio MTM Enterprises is now under the copyrights of 20th Century Fox, I think that Fox should get complaints sent to them for editing this great sitcom and re-release it with all the good songs we rememeber and scenes that were funny that should have not been cut in the very first place.
    mascot Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    Greatest sitcom ever. Fever forever!
    anomaly_1976 Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    I don't remember THAT much of this show, but I remember watching it..... What's so cool about older shows like this is that they had some actual content to them, and some of them actually had socially redeeming values in some way or other... Another great thing is the theme songs to a lot of these older shows did not necessarily sound as though they were written just for the show... This one actually sounds like something you might actually hear on the radio :)
    drjohnnyfever Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    This was an awesome show.
    KarenMarie Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    I have just about every original episode of this show recorded on VHS. I don't even own a VHS player anymor, but I wont part with those tapes!!! This is one of my all time favorite shows.

pattis Posted 6 years 23 days ago
    They're dropping something out of the helicopter, I can't quite see what it is...OH MY GOD THEY'RE TURKEYS!!! OH, THE HUMANITY....Les Nesman

"God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly"...Mr. Carlson
    peanuts Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    Great show and I loved the theme song so much I bought the 45.
    mascot Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    Great show, great times.
    OpenArms81 Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    Wkrp is still my favorite show,Johnny Fever is the bomb.
    zulubeat Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    I loved the outro much more than the intro. I really liked this show. what warm memories of a simpler time.
    queenOFtheHILL Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    I remember only the theme song from Nick at Nite. I was only 4, so the jokes went completely over my head.
    JTCowbell Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    I've worked in radio for almost 17 years (and I am only 31) and this show wonderfully captures the experience of working in radio. Perhaps it's just because I am looking for it, but I can see so many people I've worked with in the imaginary staff of WKPR Radio. Especially Herb Tarlek, the sales rep and Andy Travis, the program director. A complete sleazeball and a problem solving consensus builder, respectively. Oh, and Howard Hesseman plays the burned-out, pot-smoking, journeyman FM disc jockey better than anyone ever could. Peace!
    akiraman26 Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    the little kitty at the end credits is so cute.
    Celeste Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    Sorry he's 61 he'll be 62 on Christmas day this year. :)
    Celeste Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    Gary Sandy was born on Christmas day 1945 so he's 62.

I saw him on Entertainment Tonight one day and he was talking about how he dated Loni Anderson back in the day, this was before she married Burt Reynolds of course, and he was very coy about what they did together on their first date.
    Then they asked him about his first kiss with Loni and he was such a gentleman about it before he said: "I never kiss and tell." I could tell that he wasn't going to talk about things that are not public domain. :)
    Ms. MapleLeaf Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    Gary doesn't really look all that bad - well he has to be at least in his 50s now. Here's a link to his official site : http://www.garysandy.com/photo2.htm
    Celeste Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    Baby if you've ever wondered
    wondered whatever became of me?
    I'm living on the air in Cinncinati
    Cinncinati WKRP.

I got kind of tired of packing and unpacking.
    Town to town, up, and down the dial.

Maybe you and me were never meant to be.
    Just maybe think of me once in a while.
    I'm at WKRP in Cinncinati.

You guys should see Gary Sandy now. The years have caught up with him. He's got to be in his late 60s or early 70s now.

It was 11 people who were trotted to death outside the Riverfront Coliseum. It was after this tragedy that The City of Cinncinati was the first to ban festival seating and general admission.
    Even though festival seating and general admission is banned in the city of Cinncinati it doesn't stop some rock groups from skirting the rules.

Cathode Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    Almost forgot...you MUST give this daffy little show credit for addressing The Who tragedy. 10? 12? people died in a trampling at a Who concert at the Cincinnati Coliseum in 1979. WKRP did it tastefully and subtly.
    Cathode Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    Sadly, what made the show so timely--it's inclusion of current rock songs, is what's long lost. The music rights are so expensive that, if you ever catch a rerun, the tunes have been replaced by generic soundalikes.
    aria99 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    You ABSOLUTELY can't have the WKRP theme without including the theme from the END-of-show credits. I think that song represents the greatest 30 seconds of television theme music ever! :) Please get it on here.
    Bradly Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    I would love to see this show on DVD. I have not seen this show since the 80s or possible early 90s. What is think is the funniest is you can tell like with the A-Team how old the shows are because the skylines of the cities are much smaller. Cincinnati actually has a very pretty skyline at night time if you are coming from Kentucky. All of the sudden out of nowhere this big city pops-up.
    tiabradford Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    "God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly." Funniest moment in TV history.