Comments

Comments
    RetroGamingFan1993 Posted 2 years 3 months ago
    I've seen the UK version of Fun House on Challenge TV before, was produced by STV (Scottish Television) in conjunction with Action Time Productions.

Pat Sharp's mullet! FTW!
    JSLOVESYOU Posted 3 years 6 months ago
    Is there gonna to be a new FunHouse Gameshow?
    I enjoy this as a kid!
    palmer10 Posted 3 years 8 months ago
    The best damn kids challenge show ever!
    RetroFreak97 Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    I watch the UK version of this show on Challenge, now to be branded soon as "Sky Challenge" I love this show, but it's a shame Ill never see the original...
    80sToons4Ever Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    What ever happened to JD Roth?
    cascada0700 Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    I have watched the UK version of the game show on ITV1 since the late 1980s, although it was hosted by a disc jockey named Pat Sharp (born Patrick Sharpin according to Wikipedia, who also worked for a London-based radio station) and is also co-hosted by Melanie & Martina Grant.

The challenges were good but one of them uses a "Key Game" rule (usually identified by a modified sound which is a bit like a dog barking) indicating that the runner-up team is awarded points for that number of objects collected or destroyed (depending on the challenge). Notice that Pat is normally seen holding an object relating to the challenges.

The "FunKart Grand Prix" section is also wonderful but it is noted that some of them kept losing the tokens or failing to push the buttons which hinder them from getting a perfect score.

The main part of the show is the access to the Fun House itself (hence the title) where the winning team collects prize tags located on the obstacles within 2 minutes. In each episode, the PowerPrize access is on a random tag in which only the home viewers can see but the contestants cannot see them (the PowerPrize is an optional bonus).

Currently it is broadcast on Challenge as part of the Morning Mayhem slot every week-day throughout the summer.
    Units1019 Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    Anyone from Boston remembers Fun House used to air after Punky Brewster on WSBK, TV 38. Great combo!!!!
    Jukebox980 Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    Is it me or does the host of this show look like a red headed Bud Bundy?
    RUIN Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    Best game show ever!!!
    D_johns Posted 6 years 6 days ago
    I remember the UK version of this. Pat Sharp's mullet is still legendary to this day, and Melanie and Martina were smokin hot in those cheereleader outfits!
    Wheeljack77 Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    Oh man, Jackie and Sammie... the twin cheerleaders. One of my first... ummmmm... "moments." Yep, good show.
    proppa Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    Show like this made me want to be on nick so bad they're so original and fun but now there is no show like this for kids on tv for them to be apart of its a shame..... anyone remember that other show with the video game theme???
    she-ra21 Posted 6 years 6 months ago

This show was my life when I was in grade primary!
    brantleyjackson Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    Oh my God! I have spent years telling people about this show, yet could never think of the name. Everyone said that I was talking about "Finders Keepers", but I knew I wasn't crazy! Thank you RetroJunk! Oh yeah, that host looks familiar. What else did he do?
    cheeka3000 Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    Hi.. well Im lookin for a video of this show.. does anyone have any copies. Id love to bring back the old memories of my childhood and I loved this show, among others like rescue 911 and todays special. I couldnt remember the name of this .. but I remember I loved it. please add some videos or tell me where I can find some online to watch thanks
    Arcee23 Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    Essential Friday afternoon telly!.
    Lady Mew2 Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    Cool show!
    700rhats Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    This show was fun. J.D. Roth was such a typical game show host, he really found his calling.
    outchy Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    my sentiments exactly! you know, i still have a random dream here and there of being on that show ... and i'm 27 :) wish there was an adult version these days, i'd be first in line for auditions :D
    exzact Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    Man I used dream of getting on this show when I was a kid. The prizes were always great stuff, but I mainly wanted to go through that obstacle course, shit I still want to.
    anarchist316 Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    i didn know seth green had an older brother....
    90s chick Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    I used to love this show, sometimes you can still see it on Nick GAS channel
    Caramelboo Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    I used to watch this show along with my siblings in the afternoons. Loved it!!!!
    BlueIX82 Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    Me and my sister always wanted to go on this show.
    BYERE Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    I wish I'd have been able to apply to be on that show... I loved it... I was too young and lived too far from the studio though
    Athena9188 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    This has got to be one of the best kids game show ever. That fun house looked like so much fun.
    Chadsask Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    This was one of my favorites. I always liked the big Grand Prix race, followed by the running in the Fun House itself.