Comments

Comments
    Diogo Gomes Posted 1 year 6 months ago
    i have no idea how Naruto became retro for this site. if it's actually because the manga is litteraly 14 years old since it started in 1999, while for the anime is 11 years old since the early 2000s are apperently starting to become retro as well, then i guess that's understandable. that's just me though. :roll:
    randomuser2349 Posted 2 years 6 months ago
    @MikoAmu
    No, it was 2002. It was aired dubbed in 2005.
    199478q29 Posted 2 years 7 months ago
    cartoonking most of the shows you said started in the 90s & i think that is why there here The fairley odd parents started in 1998 on oh yeah cartoon then moved to Nick in 2001 as told by ginger is a 90s show inviader zim is a early 00s show & Jimmy Nuetron had shorts in 1999 & plus the early 2000s 2000-2004 are retro in my opinion anything from the 1940s-early 2000s is retro & here is why the early 00s 2000 was 12 years ago 2001 11 years ago 2002 10 years ago 2003 9 years ago 2004 8 years ago anything that is close to the age of 10 or is 10 or over 10 i should add is retro so these shows should be on here but anything from the mid to late 00s or now keep off of here.
    Benjanime Posted 3 years 2 months ago
    the manga is retro, but not the anime
    CartoonKing2 Posted 3 years 4 months ago
    Ehhh...... didn't care much for "Naruto". And also who in the name of Chuck Jones put this here on Retro Junk?!?!? I know the manga started in 1999, but the show didn't start until 2002, and it wasn't dubbed into English until 2005!!! Why are these morons doing this? I found other pages for 2000s shows here too like "The Fairly OddParents"; "Invader ZIM"; "As Told by Ginger"; "The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius" etc. THESE SHOWS ARE NOT RETRO! This is a site for the 70s, 80s, and 90s, not the 00s!
    MikoAmu Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    Naruto is overrated and why is in the hell is in the retro junk site! This show was made 2005 NOT 1999!
    MoranisFan1991 Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    The original manga was from 1999.
    CARNAGE Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    Fuck, Why is this here.
    knuclear200x Posted 4 years 9 months ago
    WAOW TIHS SHOW IS THE BEAST!!! I LUV NARUT@!!!! ITS BETTER THAN DBZ AND POKEMN!!!
    Trueblue94 Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    I couldn't get into this. And why for God's sake it it here?
    Monk_miel Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    ok i must admit i like the show it gets a bit talky lots of times but its not retro and i hate hate hate how the american verison just ad lip to a lot of stuff thats y i only read and watch the only japs with english subs its way better
    Rabid Turtle Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    Hows its this at all Retro? I thought this was a place for old t.v-shows not current stuff. wtf.
    MissBumpy Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    this show kicked sailor moon off television
    Benjanime Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    i couldn't stay into this show at all... just got boring to me
    ssjblueyoshi Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    If you really get to know this show it can be great
    Jutsukid Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    U know i dont give a shit wat ppl think but anyways this is my favorite anime.......
    Cartoonzrule Posted 6 years 15 days ago
    This show is a ripoff of Dragon Ball Z!
    rewf87650 Posted 6 years 22 days ago
    crap this is a piece of crap
    copper30 Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    This... show... sucks!!!!
    grindcore fan Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    Who submitted this shit? The early 2000s isn't RETRO.
    TurboDuo Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    Naruto isn't retro. Besides, I liked it a little better in 2003 before it got licensed and dubbed in 2005, and brought in a new generation of Narutards.
    Blue96sky Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    It's a bad show but the Manga is Great
    Bomberman Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    What the hell are you trying to say, mrpie?

Sombody, PLEASE remove this. I'm so sick of people putting their shitty non-retro animé on here all the time.
    Deleted Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    I agree this isnt retro but i like it who gives a sh@# if u say its bad its yer opinion and words cant do squat to the show i like it because i was born in 1996 not in a retro year kids that were born 1996-2000 would probly like this show yes 1990's is a retro year i was born close to 2000
    RetroToon Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    Okay, who added this here?! Naruto is not retro and I'm not really a fan of it either (the same goes for Avatar on Nick and Ben 10 on Cartoon Network).
    videos4ever Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    It's a little new to be retro!?
    Blue96sky Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    Naruto does suck and it Isn't retro (kylewhite,Benjamine and mlw1984 are right)
    Benjanime Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    naruto sucks. "believe it! believe it! believe it!"
    kylewhite Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    fucking naruto. It should burn. Every body loves it. I hate it. Ninjas Are gay. This isent even retro. well at least the show isent.
    LadyUchiha Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    Naruto has way more depth than Ben10,and it makes a lot more sense,to me any way, plus the art form is killer.
    Manuel432 Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    Ben Ten is shit about a noob who saves the earth with aleins. Naruto is a cool noob who has a demon sealed in him. Naruto kicks ass. Ben ten is shit. Naruto for life.
    mlw1984 Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    What the hell? This isn't retro, it came out in 2002!

Where is the 2000's section of this site?
    Nightbane Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    I hate Naruto, even my brother & my 3 sisters hate it. By the way Ben 10 is better than this crap.
    twistedfan Posted 7 years 2 days ago
    your rigth but i bet you wach to
    leemustdie Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    i hate naruto..its a wannabe dragonball z..
    darksoinc Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    naruto is turing 100 years old friday woot naruto rules !!!!
    MusicPanda Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    actually the manga was started in 1999 in Japan and it turned into a TV series in 2002. even though this isn't retro this is still a kickass show
    animefan Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    naruto rocks
    MicroMan Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    sonic64, it wasn't in the 70s 80s or 90s, but it is still going to be retro in the future. and naruto doesn't suck, unless thats just your opionion, as i have opionios about animaniacs, thinking anime is better. if you haven't watched it, watch it, believe me, you might enjoy it!
    renandstimpydied Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    Hey, there's a user named on who at the top of these comments(if you click view all comments(just put that for people only reading the 5 comments if this is still there when it displays the 5 comments) anyway) who says he added this. Later down, he talks about some naruto things he likes. Then if you go down some more he puts he hates naruto for like 3 comments. Honestly, nobody cares if he likes it. But it seems that cares if people care does so he tried to cover it up.
    taykai Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    To whoever posted the 1st intro on the list. That is not Naruto intro. Thats the Intro for Naruto Shippuden which is the sequel series to naruto. It takes place about 2 years in future. so ya I thought i should warn people about that. Naruto Shippuden is an amazing series. I suggest watching it. Much better than original Naruto.
    theblueblaze_1 Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    NARUTO RULES BELEAVE IT!!
    Lottech96 Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    Jumping the gun a bit eh? oh well Newbie but goodie!
    toonwatcher Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    I like Naruto and all but this ain't retro at all. It not even 10 years old yet.
    Xe-A-Thoul Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    Please tell me this was supposed to be some April Fool's joke that RetroJunk forgot to take down... oh, it isn't? Well, somebody remove it, please! Naruto has got to be one of the most overrated japanimations EVER! Right on par with InuYasha, Full Metal Alchemist, and Bleach, because they all share one thing in common... annoying fanpeople. What drives something that might be good down to the ground has been ruined by the fanboys who love wearing Naruto headbands and trying to summon "Sexyjutsu." and the fangirls who're always squeeing "OMG SASUKEXNARUTO YES!!! ^______^!!!"

Well, there's my li'l rant. Believe it!
    BluePhoenix Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    Why is this on RJ? It's not that old.
    yonoid Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    what happens when you cross dragon ball Z with ninja's you get naruto. They are currently airing Naruto Shippuden in japan.
    elsims15 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    naruto kicks butt!!!! well the show does! my fav characters are shikamaru and kiba!!! XD
    animefan123 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    hmm...this was ok. Not the best and not the worst. But i have my favorite episodes
    stimlag Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    show was made in 2002, why is it on retrojunk
    kashicat1 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    naruto is cool
    kashicat1 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    Naruto is the coolist show ever even though some of it is BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Manuel432 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    you suck By sonic64 it toatlly kicks ass, but why is it on retro junk
    Hiro Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    It's a good show, but it's not quite retro yet.
    ducktalesfan1977 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    It was made in Japan back in 2002.
    chrno99 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    your wrong this was made in the 90, in japan idiot's
    Gorbash Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    Well I thought to myself "This is Retro Junk...one of the unwritten rules is a show has to be at least a decade old to be in the list.....I wonder if someone was enough of an idiot to post naruto"

And here I am....someone has. I am glad to see others share a distaste for this bandwagon show that it is.
    kashicat1 Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    I love kakashi
    Naruto123 Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    Go to http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/flash/Real_Ninjas_2 and you will see the funniest Naruto stuff
    Naruto123 Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    This is the awesomest show that was ever made
    SSJ Jup81 Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    The main thing I dislike about this show, are the flashbacks of flashbacks for a flashback, etc. Although, they haven't been doing that too much as of lately, but the whole arc dealing with Kimimaro just overdid it.
    shinestar Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    i like this show and my fav charater is naruto himself
    mrs.link Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    ok, for those of you who download episodes from dattebayo, we should be worshipping those guys. They fucking did all the subtitles and translations and all that other shit, like timing the subtitles and when they should come on, and all this in like a day after the episode actually airs in japan....kudos to those guys. Best anime ever!
    mrs.link Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    what i really like about this show is how the fights flow, and the characters in them. Its like all whoooosh, no jerkiness or anything, they flow. the animators are really quite talented.
    mrs.link Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    wow intro 3 is cool. but listen to the song and dont read the lyrics. Then go back and read the lyrics. ITs like you think its a happy hurrah song, but then you read the lyrics an dit all depressing. weird...
    SHNAG Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    Well, it wouldn't really matter if it was orginally made in 1999 or not, what matters is when it orginally was released in america, because if you go by the rules that its retro if it came out in Japan before 1999 and you downloaded a subtitled version, then pretty much all animes would be retro.

Anyways, this show is alright, it would be alot better if Naruto suffered a horrible death, he is so freaking annoying.

Anyways, anime is awsome, no doubt, but if you truely want to discuss the new anime like FMA and the like, you can go on gaia or something, this is the place for "retro" junk is it not?
    mrs.link Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    and if ur wondering yes, i have a very unhealthy obsession for this incredible mind blowingly good anime. I love Kakashi. What can i say? That type of guy turns me on. we are on like episode what now....30 or something in USA. Can anyone tell me if kakashi ever takes his damn mask off. I know that he is hot. I can feel it!!does anyone know any good sites where i can get episode summaries? I hate downloading sutff for i have a fear of viruses and i like to keep ahead of the game. SO please, any sites with episode summaries?
    mrs.link Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    wow vos, ur thing is cool....uhh oops the show. SOmeone needs to make a better summary for this. i think i can maybe. but it wasnt aired in 1999 but lik ei said the manga was published in shonen jump in 1999.
    mrs.link Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    yeah not retro, but it was published in 1999, when it really began, so this should like, not be under shows. like under...something else.
    Gorbash Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    This is far from Retro
    Rhimmer Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    Well I don't know these things. So thanks for telling me.
    Pokejedservo Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    Sorry Rhimmer, your wrong it started in 2002 not 1999.
    rksexy2finger Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    the person who put it down as 1999 probabily did it so he could see the naruto theme song on this site.
    Rhimmer Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    I think Nurto did begin around 1999 in Japan. I remember seen a website for it years ago. Thats the comic though the anime was just starting or was announce of being made at that time.
    SSJ Jup81 Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    I cannot remember the name of this intro for the world right now. I did like the arc for this part of the series ("kidnapping" of Sasuke by Orochimaru's henchmen), though. Sucks it was drawn out for so long. I got /so/ tired of the flashbacks dealing with Kimimaro. >
    Pokejedservo Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    For once the complainers are right this isn't retro. In fact the debut date on this site is wrong. Naruto came out in Japan in 2002 not 1999 so it doesn't count at all.
    SSJ Jup81 Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    *Wonders why this is considered "retro"*

vos: The only reason the intro is different, is because the clip up there is for an ending theme. I can't recall the number, though, as I'm not at home to look.

That aside, if you have the first 25 episodes, the only intros you should have seen is R*O*C*K*S by Hound Dog and Haruka Kanata by Asian Kung Fu Generation.

As for endings, you should've only seen so far Wind by Akeboshi and Harumonia by Rhythem.

The clip is the ending Imamade Nandomo, which has to be shown in the 40s at least, due to Lee's broken leg.
    vos Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    naruto is the greatest manga ever to be made and the second greatest anime i have the first 25 episodes=[)......my episodes have a way different beginning though
    mistresschimera Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    Uh, I hate to say this, but Naruto is NOT old school. -_-
    SSJ Jup81 Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    It took me a while to figure out what ending this was since I didn't have the sound on. When I saw the other kids show up, it hit me which it was. I haven't heard this in a long time. Imamade Nandomo. ^_^

That aside, the anime's okay, though it does get a bit tiresome at times. *Shudders at the Sakura vs Ino fight during the Chuunin exam*
    Spike Spiegel Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    I like the manga alot, I can't say that I've watched alot of the anime...