Comments

Comments
    bklynbren Posted 2 years 8 months ago
    I once called the grandpa munster joke line. I called it like five times and it told the same joke every time; I got in trouble for the phone bill.
    JeanneRaePickle Posted 4 years 10 months ago
    I just choked on some popcorn when I saw this one. They did it! They took a bad thing and made it worse.
    PukeGreenShagCarpet Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    Awful.
    Jukebox980 Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    GOD i hated this show. . . used to come on after My Secret Identity!
    Arcee23 Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    Fred Gwynne is the ONLY Herman Munster!!.
    chrisedelia Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    From what I remember, this show premiered with four other shows for KTLA channel 5. It was trying to become a legit network in the mid to late eighties. Each new show would be played Monday through Friday. "The Munsters Today" being on a Friday. The show Out of This World was one of these, I think? My Secret Identity was one of the new shows too. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I also remember Connie Stevens in one too. Oh yeah, and the new Charles In Charge came back around this time. I've done a trip to many to be sure about this.
    Skeletor Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    And further more, there was no reason Al Luis couldn't reprise his role as Grandpa because he was at the time doing so when he hosted Super Scary Saterday in TBS! Who's that new jerk?
    Skeletor Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    I remember seeing this as a very small child. I was like 1 or 2 years ld and untill now I thought I had imagened it! @_@
    Vickaronomie Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    I cant believe I never saw this. What network did this air? Wow. How strange!
    BC_Anselmo Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    I remember this show, and it actualy lasted longer than the original Munsters, the only reason that this show did not go very long is probably because of the boy growing up really fast, and since they could not replace him, they just pulled it off.
    Dawg Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    The Munsters Today actually lasted for at least a full 3 seasons in syndacation. I really enjoyed it while it lasted. It had some decent plots, but unfortunately is nowhere to be found (except, maybe YouTube). At first I didn't like it because Herman's character was so not the Herman of the classic series, but you kind of got used to it.

The updated Addams Family series, I do not remember, but from what I heard... didn't do all that well.
    Owepar Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    This one generally ranks alongside bad TV like "My Mother the Car," "The Pruitts of Southhampton," and "The People Next Door" as one of the worst series of all time. How it managed to sustain several seasons is beyond me -- the later TV-movies ("Here Come the Munsters," "Scary Little Christmas";) were much better.

And yes, they did remake The Addams Family, but that was a decent show. My apologies to the cast and crew of "Munsters Today," but it was pretty dismal.
    jpickens Posted 8 years 4 months ago