Comments

Comments
    clanman Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    Horrible Film. Sadistic and Cynical it leaves you feeling like the characters; without hope. Successfully taps into many fears. ie. Nyctophobia (the dark), Claustrophobia (no escape) Autophobia (of loneliness) Counterphobia (unexpected situations) Tokophobia (of childbirth) Atychiphobia (of failure) Haptephobia (of being touched) Necrophobia (of death) and of course Xenophobia (of strangers/aliens). That is why it is so successful at making the audience scared.
    foxkidsfan Posted 5 years 13 days ago
    This along with Aliens is a great Sci-fi classic, because of it's build up to suspense. Plus it's great art work by H.R Giger. Also the sudden death of John Hurt's character is regarded as one of the greatest scenes of cinema history.
    goodoldhorror Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    oh man the 70's home of most great horror flicks
    CheifBrody Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    Heres another movie that scared the shit out of u!!What is so scary about the movie is something getting inside ur body. The dinner scene in the movie was so unexpected thats what made the movie work and made it scary. Plus it just wasant that scene I thought the scene with the android Ash and how he just starts going crazy. The movie even made it on 100 most scariest movie moments. You know I don't blame it either it's like Jaws in outer space. What I mean is they are in an enviorment where they don't have alot of control and help is so far away and thats the really scary thing about it.
    AlleneKirac Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    watch full movies anime tv and cartoons at http://www.tvokay.com it is free for you to stream and download......check it out
    3.0310
    kerfootb Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    Just watched it and it's become one of my favorite suspense movies. The chestburster scene is perhaps my favorite horror/movie moment ever!
    Phantasmagoria_3D Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    One of the greatest horror/sci-fi flicks of all time! I also enjoyed the sequels just as much.
    killjoy Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    I was a scifi nut as a kid...blame it on Star Wars..so when this movie came out my parents took me to see it thinking it would be all scifi.I'll admit it scared the shit out of me LOL.I don't even rank it as a scifi movie it's horror to me.
    jpickens Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    Scary movie I had the movie book and the action figure.
    datura Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    she went back for the cat awwwwww ;)
    shiroihikari Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    This movie is still scary as hell, a classic example of how suspense should be done and how a certain amount of mystery about the monster always makes it more intriguing.

Also, this movie had some great dialogue in it, good chemistry between the actors, and believeable characters, three things that are rare in the horror/thriller genre these days.
    Skeletor Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    This movie, scared me shitless!
    Phantasmagoria_3D Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    Good movie! Though it came out way before my time, it STILL scares the hell outta me even though the alien effects are a little dated (You can easily tell that some of it is a mix of a person in a costume and animatronics) It's mixes the best elements of science fiction and horror together! "Aliens" was also very good (if not, better)! After that one, the series started getting very weak and boring! Sigh...
    kaleb1979 Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    Ripley was originally supposed to be a man in the script but, gawd, I'm glad she gets the part. Aliens, corrupt corporations, carnage and a hot babe. You could cut the sexual tension with a butter knife.