Comments

Comments
    narcinsart Posted 3 years 1 month ago
    Movies about dogs always made me sad for some reason :( even cartoon dogs. strange...
    92DreamMaster Posted 3 years 2 months ago
    This movie tends to be underrated, but I'll ALWAYS love it!
    adamant Posted 4 years 30 days ago
    One of the best Disney Soundtracks in history!
    theskooterguy Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    I almost forget about that movie! Saw it first on DVD in 2004!
    JackBurton Posted 4 years 6 months ago

Fun movie, one of my favorite animated movies of the 80's. I actually saw this 3 times back in 1988 at age 8 when i use to live in San Diego and last time i saw it back then was before New Year's Eve.

I also saw it during it's re-issue when i 16 and still enjoy this movie and have it on DVD in it's original one.
    MoranisFan1991 Posted 4 years 6 months ago
    I LOVED this movie when I small, and I still love it to this day.
    frandrecsherowns Posted 4 years 7 months ago
    this was a cute movie
    lolabunny Posted 4 years 7 months ago
    this is my favorite disney movie dodger is hot lol
    Throwmecandy Posted 5 years 20 days ago
    To this day, STILL my favorite disney movie.
    Nails105 Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    This was a good movie, but not a Disney classic. Tito was hilarious.
    AnimationLover Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    Georgette Is Very Pretty.
    Trueblue94 Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    Awesome underrated Disney movie! Oliver is the cutest little kitty ever, I don't know why those jerks at the beginning of the movie didn't want him! I would've picked him out right away!
    cascada0700 Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    That film got me confused with a classic Charles Dickens story about Oliver Twist, but this one involves a cat also called Oliver, who lives in 1980s New York City.

I liked the dog called Dodger (he was voiced by some musician called Billy Joel) who may have teamed up with Oliver, surviving common city lifestyles.
    LaShankee Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    THIS WAS 80S!!!! Never knew! I loved this movie!
    Chibii Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    i never knew it was made in 88, i was a baby then. but i remember seeing it for the first time when i was like 5 and loved it!! it was pretty much my favorite movie for a while there
    o0RainbowBrite0o Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    I remember when this came out on tape. I was only 5 or 6 and I thought this was a new movie. But none of my friends knew what it was, I was confused.
    retroguy78 Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    I love this movie to death. I once found a tiny stuffed kitten, which was from a McDonald's happy meal toy three years ago, on the side of the road that looked very similar to Oliver.
    Shiny_Tulip Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    I remember I loved Jeorget (sp?). I almost named my poodle after her, even if I couldn't pronounce it. Good thing I was only 6 and absent-minded, or I would have actually remembered to name her Jeorget.
    Mad about drumming 87 Posted 7 years 28 days ago
    I just watched this movie on Disney Channel the other day. I remember seeing this film awhile ago, and now I really love it because I get the plot. It's amazing what they can get away with because it goes over kids' heads.

"It's hard to watch anything when you're gettin' barbecued!"

All that talk about "cement shoes" implies gang violence and death. I like the "Good Company" song, mostly because Jenny sings it, and she is a great character. Although "Why should I Worry" is probably my favorite song in the movie.

Astera Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    I wasn't actually around when it was released... and I don't have any memories of seeing the rerelease but I remember watching the video at school at some point of my life. I rented the so called "Special Edition" dvd today. It's an awesome movie with excellent animation and music. It reeks retro-ness. But that's another reason to like it. :P
    casey10221 Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    aww..i stil have it on video!
    jack skellington Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    this movie will alays have a place in my memories.
    Phantasmagoria_3D Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    This is a pretty good Disney movie, though probably not the best. Some of you may not know this, but this film is actually a retelling of the classic Charles Dicken's story, "Oliver Twist" only with animals.
    BlueMario Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    I Loved this movie! Oilver was soo Cute! My whole family liked it!!! ^_^
    dramagirl1990 Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    saw it when it was rereleased. it's a classic! love "once upon a time in new york city" and "why should i worry". i had the sing-along video with the songs in the movie on it.
    Alyssa Branen Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    I loved this film..and Huey Lewis sings"once apon a time in new york city"
    kimsy520 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    cute movie :) That "why should I worry" song got on my nerves, though
    M4LKAL Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    One of my favorite Disney movies ever. This is what started Disney on a return to great films.
    G UNIT Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    OMG...that "Good Company" song makes me cry everytime...but that freakin "Why Should I Worry" song makes me rock out every time! Billy Joel is freakin awesome! and i concur...my favorito dog was the chihuaua
    Simpfan83 Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    Dodger is great in this!