Comments

Comments
    Neuronmini Posted 4 years 7 months ago
    i had no idea they had an 80s superman cartoon the ones i have only seen are the awesome epic 90s one with tim daily doing sups and the horribile piece of monkey snot 60s toon that is not worth the time we show it up here in canada on teletoon retro it sucks and i want them to put on this 80s one or the 90s
    80sToons4Ever Posted 4 years 10 months ago
    The official dvds are either out now or about to be released.
    arachknight1979 Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    The show was in two parts. The first part was the main story with Superman in Metropolis. The backup story was called "Superman Family Album" and it took place during Clark's childhood in Smallville. Family Album stories progressed from Johnathan and Martha Kent finding Clark through Clark's childhood up to the poin where he moves to Metropolis. With highlights on stories like little Clark's first day at school, causing trouble for the baby sitter, and his first date with Lana Lang.
    arachknight1979 Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    This was a really good cartoon. Thanks to my brother, who taped evrything under the sun in the 80's, I got all the episodes on DVD transferred from VHS. The show's sory editor was none other than Marv (New Teen Titans, Crisis on Infinite Earths) Wolfman, and it was the showcase for the then "new" post Crisis Superman. It also took some of the feel from the Chris Reeve movies. It had plenty of Superman hitting and throwing arround giant robots, but didn't take itself too seriously (a flaw I felt the 90's cartoon had). This was definitly pajama wearing, cereal in milk eating, Saturday morning telivision at it's finest.
    RetroDork Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    I remember watching this when I was 8.
    jerbojones Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    I actually liked this show.
    Skeletor Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    That's pretty cool, the got the announcer from SuperFriends.
    DarkwingDuck4ever Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    Many parts of the intro seems to have been taken from the old superman cartoons made by the Fleischer Studios for example the part with "faster than a speeding bullet etc"
    Never got to watch this show, but I loved the old fleicher cartoons and even the new animated series nowadays
    Jake 1079 Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    it looked more interesting then show from the 90's and it even had the music from the movie's
    Phantasmagoria_3D Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    Didn't they used to air this on CBS or ABC? I remember watching it as a kid and liking it.