Comments

Comments
    Gamerbond007 Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    Fraggle Rock Animated was one of my favorite cartoons ever. Even better than the live-action version that can now be seen on Hub Channel.
    charizardtrainer Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    I remember watching it on Odyssey Network before Hallmark took control of the channel
    fragglefan0714 Posted 6 years 27 days ago
    oh man i am 21 years old and like much of my trailer park baby kind fraggle rock is one of my fondest childhod memories. i loved this show.... wish it were still on.
    i am inclinded to agree with TherealRNO "ring back thewonder we knew long ago." well put i must say.
    thank you for showing me a happier time.
    square eyed spaz Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    I actually liked this version better than the original...My favourite was Red.
    TherealRNO Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    JeNM: Jim and company made the cartoon for people who couldn't otherwise get the original puppeteered series, because of the original series airing on HBO, which was--and still is--a channel everyone (even those with digital) must often pay extra for. Thus, this show was a way to get Fraggles and their message to everyone. "Dance your cares away...Down at Fraggle Rock!" Or as Red Fraggle (puppeteered by Karen Prell in the original series & voice acted in this animated spin-off by Barbara Goodson) said, "Bring back the wonder we knew long ago."
    JeNMidori Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    Ohh my god I was so confused, I said man I thought these were muppets not cartoons. I always remeber them as underground muppets , but I never remember their name till now... IM SO GLAD TO SEE THESE GUYS AGAIN IM 23 AND I WILL LOVE TO GO BACK O THOSE YEARS.
    DawnofBlackHeart Posted 7 years 6 days ago
    i didnt even know this version existed. it looked like it sucked though! il stick with the good old one
    doobsisblue Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    Lyrics :-

Dance your cares away,
    Worry's for another day.
    Let the music play,
    Down at Fraggle Rock.

Work your cares away,
    Dancing's for another day.
    Let the Fraggles play,
    We're Gobo, Mokey, Wembley, Boober, Red.

Dance your cares away,
    Worry's for another day.
    Let the music play,
    Down at Fraggle Rock. (x3)
    Richard Sturtevant Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    I only saw a few clips of this show and I was not too interested in this animated spinoff. The Live action version was much better.
    shadow0asylum Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    i watched the other version more than this one, liked it better.
    dalmatianlover Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    Oh, come on. Why did Henson have to go and do this? Just because "Fraggle Rock" peaked popularity? The muppet version pissed all over this one! I think the song was catchier on this version, though.
    lightening816 Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    I've never seen the cartoon version of Fraggle Rock, but I bet it was just as good as the original since that's the version I saw. The closest I'll ever be to this cartoon version is watching the intro to it. I like the intro. I'm the cartoon version was great!
    80sGuru Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    and i will ammend to that, that since the premise was exactly the same, it was fraggle rock that most could access, whereas the live action wasn't.
    80sGuru Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    Sure it was capitalistic, but not everyone GOT HBO back then, and this was a saturday moring animated series, and it was almost as good as the original, but not quite. The live action was and always will be best.
    AdamYJ Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    Yeah, but I didn't care.

You see, I didn't get HBO as a kid. I was only able to see the original Fraggle Rock, which I absolutely loved, when we'd get one of those free month-long trials where they try to convince you to order the station. So, when the Fraggle Rock cartoon came to NBC, I was just happy that I got to see any kind of Fraggles.
    eep! Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    this was a total capitalistic thig to do. Live action puppet stories were recycled into animation. Less singing, thinner plots…but recycled none the less.