Comments

Comments
    Goofball Posted 11 months 9 days ago
    Definitely a worthwhile sitcom. I'm watching it right now on MeTV.
    Retro Wop Posted 2 years 11 months ago
    I loved this show, watched it every week when it was new. The characters and the writing on this show were brilliant. Judd Hirsch played a great Alex an aging cab driver trying to survive in NYC. And who could forget Louie DePalma played by Danny DeVito. Of course, I had a crush on Marilou Henner (who didn't). It was hard to watch the last episode of this series.
    retrodave Posted 3 years 2 months ago
    I have recently discoverd taxi thank to th magic of DVDs. That was a really great show.
    FruitBrute Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    Louie DePalma is THE MAN
    Turbojoe Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    All the characters were cast with great skill. The theme "Angela's Theme" turned me on to Bob James and now I have virtually everything he ever did. The secret to a great ensemble show is that you like all the characters, even those who are flawed. Judd Hirsch provided the glue that held it all together. Brilliant show and one of my all time favorites.
    anomaly_1976 Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    I don't remember this show that well.... primarily because it went off the air when I was 7 years old :P bummer..... especially considering what I've grown up to be... an independently owned and operated taxicab owner..... :P Does anyone know if there are reissues of this show on DVD? A lot of older shows are coming back in this manner.
    Mr_Retro92 Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    This show is great. Marilu Henner was hot in this show and she has nice jugs too!!!
    peanuts Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    I still love reruns of this show and Andy Kaufman was so great, so sad he died too early.
    zulubeat Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    Just looked it up. The name of the song is "Angela" by Bob James

I loved that show and that era in television, music, etc. WKRP, Different Strokes, Barney Miller. All the shows based in NYC were awesome.

Louie was a complete sick pup.
    zulubeat Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    Bob James made the theme song? Thank you for that info!!!
    Nostalgiascape Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    "Slow DOWN"

"Whhhaaaaat......ddooooooeeeessss....aaaaaa... yeeeelllloooowwwww......"
    Nostalgiascape Posted 8 years 21 hours ago
    This show was excellent. Nuff said.
    jaklumen Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    I caught the show when they began airing reruns.

The casting was brilliant and so many of the actors went on to further successes.
    portugal900 Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    yoo i remember this show! they played it on nick @ night long time ago
    Tv_Themes Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    BEST. SITCOM. EVER.

One of my favorites.
    eep! Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    i was two when this show was cancelled, so i don’t remember it on the air…but thanks too wpix (a.k.a. the wb) and nick at night i’ve had my fair share. i truly liked it for its diversity in characters and how different lifestyles could mesh together into one crappy job. andy kaufman was truly ahead of his time
    JoseJalapenoOnAStick Posted 2 years 7 months ago
    I was reading up on this show on Wikipedia and I would like to get it on DVD. It looks like a good show.