Comments

Comments
    veedirty Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    I remember watching this show everyday after school in 5th grade and wanting to be on this show, and being jealous of the kids and their prizes (nintendo games, bikes and money)..lol..!
    patddfan Posted 4 years 3 months ago
    Double Dare was the greatest game show made by Nickelodeon! R.I.P. Nickelodeon
    Chesterfield308 Posted 4 years 4 months ago
    I remember one of the Grand Prizes was a vacation in Vermont. Being born and raised in Vermont, I thought it was the dumbest prize ever.
    since97 Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    sorry the channel was called NICK GAS
    since97 Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    i remember 3 or 2 years ago my mom got this tv receiver or whatever. and for some reason it had an old channel called NICK ARCADE and that was on. i loved it but man fuhking box broke. it showed lots of old nick shows.
    TheWizard Posted 4 years 7 months ago
    I loved this show alot!!!, one of my favorite show's from back in the day :)
    TechGuru Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    I miss the days when Nickelodian was a respectable channel.
    jmclane1987 Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    I love watching the people get so excited over the prizes...like a brand new cassette player...lol...big deal back then, it's funny to see how things have changed
    Dani90 Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    i liked when they pickd flags outa the nose. lol
    Jt62786 Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    I love al lthe mess i nthis shwo and Marc Summers. I love that obstale s and the prizes they were giving out. I always wanted to see how Technology changed.
    bcbolo Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    This was a great show, lol.
    Jukebox980 Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    I remember watching this show after school! My mother actually got me the Double Dare take home game. They had another show like this for kids, too. Anyone remember FUN HOUSE?
    lexhogan Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    i rooted for everyone to lose to see them get all slopped up.
    i enjoyed this and watch marc's new show unwrapped everytime it comes on.
    masonx31 Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    mark summers lol i watch this from maybe 1991-1993
    This_guy Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    The only game show I didn't mind watching when I was a kid. For some odd reason it was even better on a rainy, summer afternoon.
    albert_81 Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    I always thought the kids would go so slow through the obstacle course. They always hid the flag under a pepperoni on the giant pizza but only like 2 kids ever found it.
    Pastor G Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    goodness

how popular was that show?!

all of us used to watch it and come to school the next day to talk about what happened
    PlantPage55 Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    Marc Summers is actually my #1 hero. I watch Unwrapped on the Food Network because of his magical charm.

Sad story: I had an autographed picture of Marc when I was a child that said, "Thanks for being a true fan - Marc Summers." Now, I'm 21 years old and have been through 2 different moves and 3 years of college and can not for the life of me find the picture any more. :(
    ilovemohawks Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    Double Dare was pretty chill.
    TV1985 Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    To this very day I still think Double Dare was one of the best kids game shows out there. Also, I think that Marc Summers could have been a good replacement for Bob Barker if he did choose to be the new game show host for The Price is Right.
    Sherrow circa 1973 Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    I'll take the physical challenge!
    pyt19 Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    loved it i wanted to go on this show so bad
    JamesAnthonyGreen Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    I honestly enjoyed watching Double Dare.
    Blueroc85 Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    I think I'll take........THE PHYSICAL CHALLENGE! My brother and I watched this all the time!
    taramckinley Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    I love double dare one of the best shows ever!
    Mojoe Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    Hands down best game show ever!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ihatenaruto Posted 8 years 17 days ago
    I like double Dare 2000 better. my sis bff was on it and i liked it!
    Destroyah Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    You know whenever they had an obstacle where someone would have to find the flag in a giant peanut butter and jelly sandwich, waffles, pancakes, or something else with a lot of "gak" they would NEVER find that flag in time.

I think whenever the budget got tight on the show to would pull out those obstacles. :)

Double dare so owned back in the day. Not Family Double Dare, not Super Sloppy Double dare, and certainly not Double Dare 2000 which is terrible, but plain old classic Double Dare.
    Exstacy87 Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    Man this show was fun. I remember me and my friends trying to make up our physical challenges.
    rnorred06 Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    I miss this show :(
    Vickaronomie Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    Garbage truck, crawl-through-ears, giant nose, mouth with tongue-slide into a pool...

MAN, I wanted to go on that show; it looks SO MUCH FUN. I dont remember if I had a team preference. I liked the color red more, but I think I rooted for whoever looked like they were going to win.
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    I think that Double Dare was one of the coolest kids game shows.

Another kids game show I liked, which in my opinion was just as good as Double Dare was I'm Telling.
    jaklumen Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    I loved both the original game show and the Family version.
    I remember "The Flying Zucchini Brothers" being a regular Physical Challenge on the show.

"Weird Al" Yankovic appeared on the Family version. "I feel like a human hamster, Marc!" ...classic!

The show wasn't the same when Marc Summers was replaced.
    Roadgeek Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    I think I already commented, but oh well.

This would probably be one of my all time favorite game shows along with The Price is Right. Family Double Dare is my favorite because that's one I grew up with. Well, reruns in the early-mid '90s, but it's still very close. :)
    Moonxtal Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    I wanted to do that show sooo badly! I love the end where they had the obstacle course and you had to find the little orange flags in the giant waffles or sliding down the mouth. Ahhh such memories. Now I'm jonesing for a Double Dare marathon! :) Nick should bring this back. (or have they, I haven't watched Nick in years...) GET BACK TO YOUR ROOTS NICK!
    snowmonkie44 Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    i really didnt care too much for the family dd. i personaly think that the original dd with the 2 teams each with a boy and a girl was the best!
    SummertmeBrews Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    Poor Marc I heard he suffered from Compulsive Disorders, and actully worked on the sloppiest TV show there was at the time. Haha look how happily he praises the clean-up crew! Ironic'
    The_D Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    never gotten into the show.. it was lazy
    kimsy520 Posted 9 years 6 months ago
    I always dreamed of being a contestant on Double Dare ;)
    browneyedgirl Posted 9 years 6 months ago
    I once went to a live Double Dare show, it was one of the highlights of my young life. :)

I remembering telling my mom something along the lines of "Marc has curly hair? It looks straight on TV, it must be all that slime.." ha ha.
    Roadgeek Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    Currently one of my favorite not so current game shows. Confused? I used to watch Family Double Dare back in the 90's all the time. I used to watch it on Nick GAS from January 2005-November 2005. But they decided to give every Double Dare version except Double Dare 2000 the boot. Argh!
    BenJabotuya Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    ON YOUR MARK, GET SET, GOOOOOO! I remember this show. Marc Summers was such a trip. I was really happy watching this show. This show was so popular that a Nintendo game was released. It would be nice if I got a job at Nickelodeon and revived this show and all other game shows that I watched and hosted them all.
    Cybertooth85 Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    I loved thid show, but it does strike me as a bit funny (in a morbidly ironic way) that an Obsessive-Compulsive like Mark Summers wouldn't freak out several times a taping at all the messes being thrown around on the studio stage. "Okay, for twenty-five dollars....DAMMIT YOU PEOPLE MISSED A SPOT! THERE'S STILL GREEN SLIME IN TILE #2473!!!"

Actually, that'd make a good Family Guy joke.

/is evil
    TV1985 Posted 9 years 8 months ago
    "On your mark! Get set! GOOOO!!!!!"

Those were the days. And the best days ofthe first kids network: Nickelodian.
    robmon300 Posted 9 years 9 months ago
    the show was mega awsome. but eep! you were so close to nick histroy dude.
    eep! Posted 9 years 9 months ago
    I auditioned to be a contestant when they rolled around new york in the mid 80’s. It turned out that I was too young play and I was booted out the door. Oh well.