Comments

Comments
    AtticAttack2099 Posted 3 years 1 month ago
    A weekend mainstay in 92-93. This show got me majorly into gaming. I was delighted to see the reruns on Nick GaS a few years back. Had the sense to record right around 3 1/2 vhs tapes full of episodes. Anyone into tape trading msg me.
    conniebaby88 Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    I USED TO WANT TO BE ON THIS SHOW SOOOO BAD
    Jt62786 Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    Gr-8 show :P
    axora Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    LOL they made a part to their site about this
    soniclover Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    i love this show I remember the episode when a girl played the early early prototype of sonic 2 sometimes known as sonic 2 nick arcade prototype.
    whathappenedtokablam Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    i loved that show!!!!
    PolishedCoffin Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    Oh man, I miss this show!! I watched this religiously as a kid.
    MC8080 Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    I loved it when some girl would play some hard ass game and couldnt even get the points needed to win the challenge, and well the same goes for some of the guys too who would talk crap that they were the best video game players.
    Benjanime Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    too bad nick gas isn't on the directv list, sucks i know. i watched a few episodes at my friends' house recently. i loved watching this with my older brother back then...
    JamesAnthonyGreen Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    I greatly enjoyed watching Nick Arcade back then --- and even when it aired on Nick GAS channel.
    HOMR Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    Great Classic, most likely couldn't be done today.
    TV1985 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    Nick Arcade was definately 90s. I think it's sad that Nickelodeon isn't the same as it use to be back in the 80s and 90s. I think that the kids game shows were the thing back in the day. Now these days there are no game shows with kids.
    clever Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    i have to agree with Daniel_BMS man the host has very obnoxious and he acted like he was on crack with his eyes all popped open!! the stuff you won was all junk !!nobody ever won the board game .this show was crap... pure crap!! with lil rich silver spoon feed kids !! oh yah the game was CRAP!!
    sailor_moon_girl Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    woah blast from the past loved this as a kid
    CanadianWeirdAlFan Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    Holy crap!! That's the show that I couldn't remember what it was called! LOL

I used to watch this all the time!! I thought I was going to go crazy after all this time.. ;)

It has been years..decades! :)
    blueluigi Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    Did you know that this show still airs on Nick GAS? I wish I had Nick GAS they have the good old game shows that Nickelodeon used to air.
    Daniel_BMS Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    The show wasn't very solid. Basing the entire game show on "Move Mikey" was retarded since there is no way to determine what game each square will turn up, the game board sequence took so long that it almost never finished, very little of the show is dedicated to actual video games, the host was obnoxious, and the inside the video game feature sucked since the players could not see themselves inside the video game. And for the matter of "inside the video game" who wants to be thrown into the equivalent of a crappy www.newgrounds.com or www.cartoonnetwork.com flash game.
    daminmancejin Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    i hope you guys know this still comes on 4:00am and 4:30am on nick gas
    Garo Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    I watched this show all the time when I was younger. I recently re-watched some epsiodes on the GAS network, and remembered a few things that bugged me at the time.

Other than what's already been discussed, I just didn't like the host. He was so hyperactive, and whenever there was interlude music, he'd ALWAYS make up lyrics to go along with it. It was really annoying.

There's one moment I will always remember, which was when this one contestant farted in the middle of the taping. It was hilarious, and it's a crime that you can't find a clip of it on Youtube or any place like that.
    Gamebrain Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    Awesome show
    but very cheesy song!
    blueluigi Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    I didn't remember much of this show, what I did remember is that they choose a selection of games. i remembered in one episode they were playing one of the original Sonic games and I remembered the episode that featured the cast of Clarissa Explains it All.
    wilkiedriver Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    I used to look forward to watching Arcade when I was 10-11 years old, but they played reruns all the time so it got old fast. It was funny to watch dorky kids with no timing during that fake virtual reality part trying not to get hit...I also figured out at that age that many of those head to head matches required little skill, but the single player games, like Adventure Island (a real game for those that don't know), required some.
    SquidMan93 Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    Definately one of the best Nickelodeon game shows.
    Rhimmer Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    It had games I never heard of. I think they made most of the games up in that show. Any ways I really didn't like this show.
    retro_junkieee Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    i always wanted to be on this show even though i was so bad at playing videogames.
    BlueMario Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    Those Games Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter could not go in
    because it was a lot of Vilonce. Because there's blood.
    G UNIT Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    i liked the music the would play whenever the dude in the game would move from one space to another..
    eep! Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    sigh. they never did have mortal kombat or street fighter. =(
    Daikun Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    "Yeah, but lets remember that video games weren't yet a thriving subculture when this show was on. They probably weren't able to recruit very adept players when the show was looking for contestants."

That may be true, but that's still no excuse for lacking common sense. "Duh, the Finish line is one square up, so maybe I should go left."
    Daikun Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    "was this kinda like that gameshow nick made in 2000?"

You mean Double Dare 2000 or Figure It Out? Hell no! This game was completely different and was made years before those.
    Plecostomus Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    Oh No! Not the deadly wave of sand (or sound, whatever he said).
    One thing I liked about this show (I only saw it twice) is that they would sometimes show prototypes of games before they were released. Take Sonic 2 for example. There just happens to be a lot of hype over its prototype played on Nick Arcade.
    Cybertooth85 Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    Alright, having just watched the into, I have to say: MY GOD...

Look at the studio audience.

Did people actually DRESS like that? Ouch.
    Cybertooth85 Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    Yeah, but lets remember that video games weren't yet a thriving subculture when this show was on. They probably weren't able to recruit very adept players when the show was looking for contestants. About as much qualification as they needed was probably to say, "Sure, I LOVE video games!" and they were in the running to be on the show.
    Phantasmagoria_3D Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    You're absolutely right, Quark1020! The majority of the contestants they picked for this show were awful! They couldn't even play the games right! Anyhow, I used to like this show and would watch it whenever I had the opportunity! It was one of Nick's best shows next to "Family Double Dare", which they'd air it with this back-to-back! I didn't like the lousy contestants though.
    Daikun Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    "is it just me, or did the majority of the contestants that were on this sucked?"

It's not just you, quark. Most of the contestants on this show lacked common sense, which is what separates this game show from most of the other ones Nick produced. For example, when the kids had to lead Mikey to the Finish square on the game board, they would sometimes move Mikey AWAY from it, totally wasting time (which is why Mikey hardly ever finished in most of the episodes).
    EmeraldeJade Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    Crap this is what this show was called? And here I have been trying to figure out the name for the longest of time and no one I new could remember. This was one of the best game shows.