Comments

Comments
    becks2011 Posted 3 years 1 month ago
    i loved this show when i was a kid it was an awesome show !!!!! i loved the song at the start lol
    Dougfunnie Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    Man I remember watching this show a lot. I had to be no older than 4 !!!
    scooby2 Posted 4 years 22 days ago
    use to watch this cartoon when i was 7 years old in 1991 on fox kids!
    MRBIGCHUCK Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    DIRTY DIAPERS IT MAX
    alexchristov Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    Ohh yeah!
    I loved the tune in the beginning
    bigg3469 Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    This show was based on Sriol/S4C'S animated program "Space Baby.
    Geoffgskate Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    Well Max85, I hate to burst your bubble buddy, but Fantastic Max was originally created by myself and my wife in 1986 and originally called Spunky and Friends. We have the copyright to prove it. Our cartoon was about a boy who was 11 years old and living in Liverpool, England. It was about him and his friends who were always going on adventures all through England. Spunky had a Mohawk and wore a Safety Pin in his ear as an earring. Hanna Barbera reduced the age of the character and put the Safety Pin on his diaper. We filed a lawsuit and although it was ruled that there was more than a 20% difference in the cartoon between our submission of Spunky and Max, we were able to prove in Federal Court that Hanna Barbera was not the Originator and that we had submitted the character to Hanna Barbera and the Federal Judge Ruled that we had a suit for Restraint of Trade and Unfair Trade Practices. Fearing another Lawsuit, Hanna Barbera elected to discontinue the Cartoon. Mike Young did not create Fantastic Max and I am afraid that your Dad's buddy, Dave Edwards did not put any Idea into anybody's head. If they had told you that story, they are liar's. If you are able to get a hold of the original season before H B changed the credits, you will see a woman's name in the credits who took credit for the original idea and was one of the producers. Hanna Barbera removed her name after we filed suit. I have everything to prove this.. Sorry.. Fantastic Max was created after stealing our cartoon we submitted to Hanna Barbera in good faith.... By the way, Challenger exploded on January 28th 1986.. Blarney Fife was the last episode to air in 1989 and I believe it aired on 2-2-1989. The show being cancelled had nothing to do with Challenger which exploded 3 years earlier..
    max 85 Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    I'm the real Max! you probably all think im a complete liar but its true. My dad use to be best mates with one of the animators for this show, Dave Edwards. Dave orignally put the idea to Mike Young the creator after spending a weekend with my dad while he was left at home to look after his young 3yo son, me!! I had a green doll that i use to play with in the sandpit in the garden and that is where Dave Edwards got his idea for the show. Dave is also the creator for superted and did some of the animation for TMNT too in the olden days. I even have a unique signed animation still framed on my wall. Just thought i would register with this site so that you could all meet the star of the show. Did you also know that it was cancelled due to the space shuttle challenger crashing and they felt that this cartoon was of bad nature with a baby travelling into space via shuttle. Thanks for everyone who loved the show! x
    KurtmanJP Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    I remember watching this when I was little but can't remember any episodes clearly. I remember that FX was my fave character.
    1984cutie Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    I've been looking for this show forever. I just remembered it was about a baby but forgot the name. I loved this show!
    fwbkidd Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    classic..I loved it when he swore.."Dirty diapers"..
    mikegirl Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    he was all that when i was young
    EZR09 Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    I watched Fantastic Max when I was in elementary school.
    700rhats Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    Howie Mandell was the voice of "Bobby" from "Bobby's World" a show inferior to this one. Fantastic Max was one of my favorite 4, or 5 cartoons as a kid. The show had a great intro, fun characters, including an alien doll, and a robot that came to life when max's parents were out of sight. It was all about max's imagination. A great idea for a kid's cartoon, and they pulled it off with awesome episodes. My favorite ones were when the alien doll would take them to his home planet, and into outer space. This show was quality!
    Ian16545 Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    How could I forget Max?
    smi11y Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    howie mandell voice of max, correct??????
    eternalshogunx Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    LOL This was a funny show. Pretty smooth animation :)
    90s chick Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    This was such a cute show!
    Eureeka Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    The original rugrat. Realy cool show. After all these years I still can't understand what that theme song guys sings (barely).
    Hordak Alpha Posted 7 years 11 months ago

Why does the safety pin holding his diaper together keep getting notable mention in the theme song?
    ducky Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    A little trivia... FX's voice was provided by Nancy "Bart Simpson" Cartwright.
    audiocontrol Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    omg roffel h00513R...I remember watching this show even back in the late 90's at 7 or 7:30am before school on fox family. I still remember it vividly, even down to the annoyingly warped voice of FX
    Phantasmagoria_3D Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    I agree with kimsy520. This show was VERY weird! I watched it as a kid too, but I always thought it was also kind of boring.
    Units1019 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    Yeah, there was the green alien doll in which Max would pull a cord on the doll and it would work its magic. The show was great . I believe it was on Fox.
    kimsy520 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    this show was weird, but I remember watching it
    Ri-chan, Jedi Knight Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    I remember this cartoon, but I don't remember much about it. There were so many cartoons in the 80's and it can be really hard to remember them all.
    sonic2525 Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    Someone has got to get the intro for this! I remember something about his green alien doll turning a baby bottle turning into a rocket ship.
    eep! Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    yep. a robot and a green alien doll. awesome show.
    EmeraldeJade Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    I do remember this show. Along with some of the theme song aswell.
    DieYuppieScum Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    I remember this, he had a stuffed green toy alien with a string on it's back that came to life when he pulled it. A robot too.