Comments

Comments
    Italianbaby Posted 3 years 11 months ago
    I don't remember ever watching it but I know my parents did lol When I was about 7 we had a cat (We still have her) That had Kittens and all of them were white so my dad got to pick which one he wanted to keep and named her Kimba (she passed away last year R.I.P.) but I remember asking if it was a female version of Simba lol
    kingleoice Posted 4 years 4 days ago
    OMG! I always see the trailer on video every time I watch Pokemon.
    lilbooshy Posted 4 years 10 months ago
    to whoever said lion king was better (no name on commet)

Lion king was plagerized from this. if you dont believe me consider the fact that the man who wrote king lived in japan for 15 years. thats during the run of the show, when it was used in commercials, and bilboards. he was accused by the kimba studio but he said he never saw it. It was impossible for him to have missed it. aside from method of father'd death, the show is nearly identical and one of the seasons got postponed for usa release because it centered on kimba's daugher (i think that was done in the 80s or 90s). but why oh why do such a thing? probably because lion king 2 was in the works
    Zyoura Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    I remember seeing this in the video rental stores, but I never got a chance to see it. It almost reminded me of The Lion King.
    radhenry Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    I loved this cartoon as a kid. I watched it every Saturday morning.
    emmynmoe2 Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    So funny, it is now airing where I live. I was the only person I know (I am 44) that remembered this show whenever I asked. I used to watch it when I was in kindergarten.
    theblueblaze_1 Posted 8 years 20 days ago
    I remeber this show. I have only seen the DVD of it though.
    Dan5121 Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    yeah Disney did use a lot of this show in their movie. Google it to see for yourself. Anybody remember that scene from the Simpsons when, after Bleeding Gums dies he appears in the sky above Lisa, and later Mufasa appears and Mufasa says: "Kimba- I mean, Simba. . ."
    Sunriser Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    Actually, Disney copying this TV show is very much fact. The plot is slightly different, but some of the characters are the same, and there are many visual allusions to the series in the movie (getting pricked in the bum with thorns.) There are some sites that have these picture comparisons.

Aside from these things, which could be coincidence, before The Lion King came out, Roy Disney himself referred to the main lion cub as "Kimba," who was white at the time, and the staff mentioned the "remake of Kimba the White Lion."

There is a rumor (if only rumor) that Disney tried to obtain the rights to "Kimba" when it was re-released in English in 1993, right around the beginning productions of The Lion King.

Of course, all of this was denied later on. Even though TLK plot resembles Hamlet, it was most likely the result of changes to avoid a lawsuit. When in doubt, say it was Shakespeare.
    NickMania Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    I just submitted an Intro that is Very Rarely seen that makes 3 intros that I have Submitted for this Show...W00T!
    NickMania Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    and today I just submitted the original 1966 Intro. to the site last time I submitted The 1993 Remake Intro. I like the 1966 version better!
    NickMania Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    You are absolutely Correct LaLaRu Disney did indeed copy this show. The Disney Movie The Lion King Was a Knock Off of this show.