Comments

Comments
    theskooterguy Posted 2 years 3 months ago
    I've got a DS game based on it! It's not very easy to find in my state!
    poop785 Posted 3 years 2 days ago
    i love how on the uk version some guy says yeah then the audince just starts chering and the music starts after one guy yells yeah
    poop785 Posted 3 years 3 days ago
    i rember watching this with my grandfather thanks for the memories
    rss179964813205 Posted 3 years 9 days ago
    rss179964813205

I have been watching TPIR since seasons 7(1978-79) and 8 (1979-80). My mother and grandmother got me into watching it and is my #1 favorite game show to this day.
    funguy10 Posted 3 years 29 days ago
    My grandparents got me into watching this, Wheel of Fortune, and Jeopardy at a very young age. t's amazing seeing how the show has stayed so old and retro even with all of the moderizations it has recieved since Drew Carey has hosted it.
    poop785 Posted 3 years 1 month ago
    when i used to be out of school i would stay home and at 10:00 i would watch the price is right on cbs great show i rember watching it on gsn too
    Coco Posted 3 years 6 months ago
    I was named after one of the girls lol...the red hair one from the 90s' Holly.
    bosshog86 Posted 4 years 26 days ago
    Aired 1972.untill 2007 when bob barker retired..he is Mr. Price is right, in school sick days were always spent watching this with my grandpa, and I watched every day from 2004 untill bob retired 2007

loved plinko, loved golden road.
    EricEbac24 Posted 4 years 7 months ago
    Scyduckzard--

Bob first made the announcement to Mary Hart on "Entertainment Tonight" in November of 2006.
    Goofball Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    I can remember watching Bob Barker--when he had dark hair!
    Jt62786 Posted 4 years 9 months ago
    My favorite game is Plinko.
    Jt62786 Posted 4 years 9 months ago
    OMG I watch this show everyday when I'm off from work. I miss the Bob Barker ones. I love thoses better.
    The Midnight Rider Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    GREATEST.GAMESHOW.EVER.
    EricEbac24 Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    Personally, I think somebody needs to come up with the idea for an all "Price is Right" channel, which would include all versions of the popular show, inclduing the one that starred Bill Cullen back in the 1950s and 1960s, all three syndicated versions, and of course, the all-time favorite.
    EricEbac24 Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    The bonuses offered for the bonus spin have changed for the 37TH season of "The Price Is Right"; instead of $5,000 for a green section, the green sections are now worth $10,000, and instead of $10,000 for the dollar, you can now win $25,000, neither of which has happened up to this point.
    Backfromthedead Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    Remember, spray and nerturer your pets! for Bob Barker!
    adog3001 Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    Rod Roddy is THA FREAKING MAN...Bob Barker is THE FREAKING MAN...Drew carey is doing ok. He can't replace the original though. It just seems kinda weird looking @ the show now. I was born in the mid-80's and watched the show with my father (he watched the show LOOOOOYALLY and I wish I could've put him as a contestant in the show b4 Barker left...he would've had a damn heartattack). But yeah...awesome show...awesome show...awesome show!!!!
    tdickensheets Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    We will miss Bob Barker! Drew Carey doing good. I watch Bob Barker on Truth or Consequences, it was on NBC. Now The Price is Right place is called "Bob Barker Stereo." I member Johnny Orson (I hope I speel that right).
    glennm1967 Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    Bob had to have been the Ed Sullivan of game show hosts.He knew his audience...and did what he loved best.Nobody can ever truly replace him.I've seen only one famous person in my life...and that was Ronald Reagan in March of 1980 when he was running for President.I truly wish that I could meet Bob Barker in person,shake his hand,and give him a big heartfelt hug.
    glennm1967 Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    I remember this outstanding show .Bob barker was still doing Truth Or Consequences in 1973 when I first saw The Price Is Right.Bob Barker was and shall ever be the absolute GREATEST show host I've ever seen in my life.Yes Drew Carey is a good host...but how can you fill the shoes of a man as remarkable as Bob Barker...the repritoire and connection that he had with his contestants as well as his fans?
    manduhx3 Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    aw mann i loveeee this showw.
    i used to watch it all the time while eating lunch at my grammas

oh man.
    They still play it:)
    funguy10 Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    Drew Carey is just as good as Bob Barker ever was. Plus he is more emotional. Bob was pretty monotone.
    renandstimpydied Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    Too bad Bob Barker left and Drew Carey came.
    Mad about drumming 87 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    I haven't watched this show so much lately, but I just had to come back and watch Bob's final episode. It was a moment to be had.
    LuckyDearly Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    I'd like to see Marc Summers host TPIR, or Chuck Woolery

although I'd also like to see Wink Martendale host TPIR, that would be something to see.
    negate3 Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    Well, the show will go on, but will it really be The Price Is Right without Bob Barker? Think about this, how much of an integral part of a show are you when people can't comprehend the thought of the show without you?
    jonghyunchung Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    Yes, after Barker's retiring, there might be reruns. But let's also hope that the show doesn't get cancelled, either.
    scyduckzard Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    WHAT?!? BOB BARKER'S RETIRING??? When did this bit of news come out?
    TV1985 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    Whoever takes Bob Barker's place as the new host to The Price Is Right, I can think of only two game show hosts. Mark Summers from Double Dare or Chuck Woolery from Scrabble and Lingo.
    leafsfan18 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    There's something here that's not quite right. And I know what it is. Intro #1 is actually the ending credits for The Simpsons. Guess RJ made a booboo there.
    Rennie00 Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    I miss Rod Roddy and his outrageous jackets. he was the man, too bad the present announcer doesn't have the same charisma.
    Celeste Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    Bob Barker is retiring in June so the ending will come next summer.
    Roadgeek Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    Rod Roddy was my favorite announcer. I always like how he would go "This is Roooooood Roddy!"
    jaklumen Posted 8 years 19 days ago
    kimsy- I agree that the show is not the same without Rod Roddy. Those of us who are long time watchers will remember that we didn't know what he looked like for years, until they decided to dress him in a sequined suit and pan his mug to the camera.

I talked to someone who was on the show. He said that the producers literally picked their contestants based on how excited and spastic they were. He also said that he got some of Bob Barker's makeup on him (as it was heavily applied) and that he definitely looked ancient up close.

Now I know people don't like to look at older women much in the bikinis and such the models wore, but I wished a few of the '80s models had been permitted to stay on a little while longer.

The Price Is Right is king of the game shows, hands down. As game shows are very cheap to produce (and the studio was remodeled very little), this must be one of CBS's (Viacom?) biggest cash cows.
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    I remember watching The Price Is Right since I was a little todler. If you look back 20 years during the mid-80s, Bob Barker still looks the same with his white hair.

Sooner or later I just know that Bob Barker will go and kick the bucket. Until then, let him keep entertain us all by watching The Price is Right every mourning on CBS.
    SHNAG Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    i remeber once in awhile going home for lunch at school and watching it, it was great.

Does anyone else think Bob Barker appears to be immortal?

Athena9188 Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    I loved this show when watching it with my mom when she had her days off. I watch it now, every now and then.
    90sKid Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    I remeber being 4 and 5 years old watching this show with my mom. Its still a kick butt show
    mwildermuth Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    rod roddy only became the announcer in the 1980s. i remember fondly sleeping in late in college, rolling over at 11 am, and spending the next hour wasting away watching this show. ah, the memories.
    crinos43 Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    I've been a fan of TPiR for a whopping 20 years, and it amazes me to see that, even with the modernization of every other game show in the known universe, THIS HOW has managed to stay classic in both theme and feel.
    mr3urious Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    Good to see a retro intro for this show, too!
    Phantasmagoria_3D Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    Bob Barker's funny!
    kimsy520 Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    wow, the Price is Right looks strange without the audience cheering :) Nice to see the stage and theme song are still the same :)
    musicradio77 Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    I love "The Price Is Right", one of the best game shows of all time.
    kimsy520 Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    they're gonna stop in 2010? Hmm....I definitely watched this growing up, and my grandma still watches it! It's not the same without Rod Roddy :(
    Roadgeek Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    Great show. I try to watch it as much as I can.
    mrs.link Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    this show rocks and i still watch it today. but i agree some of the prizes suck
    Trashley Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    I love this show. I used to love when I was sick from school when I was little because I'd always get to watch this. Pretty much all the prizes are crap, except for the cars and trips though...
    Plecostomus Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    I didn't know they discontinued this show. It was fricken hilarious when the contestants would be invited to the stage! So happy, and occasionally bouncy!