Comments

Comments
    arizvega Posted 1 year 7 months ago
    rexwolf Posted 2 years 9 months ago
    i cant beive this i got this one i still have this movie
    phefner Posted 3 years 1 month ago
    I remember the first night this movie was in theaters it was so hyped there was a line around the front of the building of kids with their parents and people were getting kicked out of the theater for sitting on the steps in the aisle because there were no more seats
    CartoonKing2 Posted 3 years 3 months ago
    Meh.. this was just an average movie. Not the best, but not the worst either.
    Deleted Posted 3 years 4 months ago
    I remember this movie used to be hyped, it was about the peak of Pokemon. You had the show going, you had the first three games to play along with, at the time, Gold and Silver just around the corner, and the cards. Although this movie is a tad bit cheesy, it was an ok animation film for it's time.

I still am in the belief had the anime and movies followed the games/manga closely, it'd probably be better. But, oh well.
    arikarinyukijima Posted 3 years 4 months ago
    My parents got me & my brother the video when it came out.
    MoranisFan1991 Posted 3 years 4 months ago
    When this movie was coming out, I was hyped!
    Eddy Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    I used to like pokemon on its 151 era, after that it's just too much to remember.
    MrNostalgia Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    This is such a terrible movie I don't understand why i was so caught up in the Pokemon craze as a kid. I never understood why Ash threw himself infront of Mew and Mewtwo he tries to stop the fighting yet he forces his own Pokemon to battle every single day.. hypocrite much.
    Italianbaby Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    I used to love this movie and everything POKE'MON period!!
    DJZoSo Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    this movie mad me cry
    superhumansamuri Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    this was an awsome movie back when i was a kid and the pokemon craze was in full swing but when it got to the point were all the pokemon start crying i felt gay for seeing it haha good movie none the less
    Benjanime Posted 3 years 8 months ago
    they could've done a lot better on the plot. then again in the original japanese version, mewtwo wasn't even against humanity, so i have no idea why it was changed in the american version
    lawlwhut Posted 3 years 8 months ago
    I watched this a few months ago and I cried...while hugging my 2 Pikachu plushies...one of which came with a Burger King kid's meal as a theatrical release promo...:,)
    DuckMichael Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    saw this in the cinema with my dad, lol were the only ones awake. Everyone was asleep.
    KisshuXLindsey17 Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    oh yeah!!

i remembered that movie!!

it was awesome!!
    NostalgiaGods Posted 4 years 4 months ago
    this was the bomb back during my middle school days. this pokemon craze was going on at the same time I was into batman beyond & cardcaptors. the whole kids! wb craze lasted for me at least for a long 8-9 years well after high school. but I think during the last years after the first years of the whole pokemon craze , the saturday morning cartoons meant nothing to me now. anyways , this is one reason why I am a huge loyal mewtwo & mew fan. forget arceus , mewtwo is where it all started in powerful legendary pokemon. and boy that day to me was very lucky. I got the mewtwo card , I was first in line , I saw it opening day , and I got popcorn and soda as well as jerry subs dinner and a new jacket and I also bought the 3 legendary birds toy set. luck was with me that year.
    animemaster0x70 Posted 4 years 4 months ago
    i pretty much had a huge pokenerdgasm when i saw this movie for the 1st time!
    lolabunny Posted 4 years 4 months ago
    did ash die in this one? if he did hows dat possible cuz he is still on pokemon dp galactic battle
    lolabunny Posted 4 years 4 months ago
    gosh its been 4ever since i last watched this
    Tony2Tone Posted 4 years 10 months ago
    I remember the cards they gave you when you bought a ticket to see the movie.I was in middle school when this came out but i didnt care i collected the cards watched the shows and i enjoyed the movies
    DMoney89 Posted 4 years 10 months ago
    This came out on my 10th birthday.

Words couldn't comprehend how ridiculously stoked I was to see this movie in theaters. BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!
    Giraza Posted 5 years 4 days ago
    I think that this movie wasn't original enough, just plain, meaningless fighting. The second movie w/Lugia was the best.
    nick Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    I like the little short movie they play before this
    AnimationLover Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    THE FIRST MOVIE ROCKZ!!!!
    MissHolly Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    I just bought the first three pokemon movies on dvd for $15. best way to spend money :)
    tabbyy__ Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    The best movie ever.
    I cried when Ash gets hit by Mew and Mewtwo's power balls.
    And then Pikachu cries a lot and all the Pokemons join in. And, then at the last drop of tear from Pikachu, Ash changes back from stone to human. That's when I cried. =3
    Galactusgirl Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    Worst movie I,ve ever seen.
    TinyNietzchePose Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    geez! its been almost ten years since this flick was in theaters! this was the first movie i ever saw in an actual theater..I was nine :D
    but oh my gosh, the only thing I remember about it was that at the end where Ash died [or whatever] all the pokemon started crying, and I remember I started crying too!! haha, oh wow, memories!
    CandyCane Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    Whoa.. remember going to the theater seeing this!
    animemaster0x70 Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    4kids hates everyone! if you compare the 1st 8 seasones of the show to the japanese version of the show,you will notice a HUGE difference!
    Backfromthedead Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    did ash die or just turn into stone? i remember most of the movie. i think i liked it.
    ilovemohawks Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    Same here Psycho Mantis! I also remember the ending when Ash was dying? I don't remember exactly what was happening, but all the pokemon were in the same room together..
    BenJamin Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    My grandma took me and my brother to see this, and she hated it. In fact she hates movies because she can't tell fact from fiction. She gave us bunch of crap about the film even comparing this to Hitler wanting to rule the world. You can't go see any movie with her because she'll automatically hate it.
    Psycho Mantis Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    I saw this in theater but remember nothing of it other than this employee-dude gave me a Mewtwo limited edition cardy thingy.
    princess of power Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    What an awful movie. I can't believe I actually saw this in theatres! I wish I had seen Pokemon 2000 instead. Now THAT was good. Stupid, schmaltzy, and badly-written. Avoid at all costs. At least the soundtrack was kinda good.
    callmemrpig Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    there are a 150 pokemon to see, to be a pokemon master is my destiny.....or is it? dumb misty
    o0RainbowBrite0o Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    I totally agree with KachieChan. This movie was SUCH a big deal it was insane! I loved it too, I went with a friend who got her tickets weeks in advanced!
    steveo3 Posted 6 years 6 days ago
    WOW i have all the bk toys and the pokemon balls with the gold plated thing in side. But pokemon is gay now.
    KachieChan Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    I can't believe how magical this movie was. Seeing it for the first time, especially in the height of Pokemon's fame, was just the icing on top of an orgy I had when I saw it.

The opening was so completely well done, it had me giddy enough to pee myself. I think I saw this movie as many times as my parents would let me - and when it came out on video, it was only movie I would watch.
    LivelyLorikeet Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    Hey, you know what? I like this movie.
    donnieleomikeyraph Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    squartul's my fav pokemon
    Spongeroks Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    I love this movie, the best of the movies.
    Copper20 Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    This movie like all pokemon movies did not do well.
    DMoney89 Posted 7 years 10 days ago
    OMFG This movie came out on my birthday and I totally lost it. That was the single greatest birthday I've ever had...
    Grandpaladin Posted 7 years 14 days ago
    Sorry BYERE but you're missing something. Ash doesn't die, he only gets petrified. Besides it is actually true that this is the worst of them because it is everything pokemon is not. The plot is ridiculous both versions, the animation is even worse than the show, the battles are boring and predictable, and worst of all is that the messages they put in including the fighting is wrong moral is actually rather pointless as it is not part of the series. Sorry, but..... "You'll have to know the truth sooner or later"- Delia Ketchum 3rd movie.
    BYERE Posted 7 years 15 days ago
    I beg to differ Grandpaladin... This was the only good one (because it's the only one where Ash get's killed... if only for a short time :P)

I love Mewtwo, always been my favorite pokemon and this film just increased that.

I still have this on dvd somewhere :P
    RomanianDaci Posted 7 years 26 days ago
    that was the movie to see among my peers, ahd the cards and everything, I still have the movie on VHS
    BlueMario Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    Whoa! I remember this movie a lot... Before Mewtwo strikes back, Pikachu would get a short film at the beginning called: "Pikachu's Vacation." I even got the VHS! I wonder if I still have it in my basement or something.. I saw this movie in theathers with my whole family I think in November 1999....
    verno Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    the movie ruled what kid dident what to watch this like animefn people were standing and sitting on the floor i rember it was crazy i mean pkemon was the thng what stred card games bascilly
    funkmasta Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    i use 2 love this show,the games are still boss though
    Grandpaladin Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    sorry everyone, but this is the worst of them all! The third is the only good one.
    NostalgicNed Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    I remember kids at school talking about a Pokemon movie in theaters! I couldn't believe it! I forced my dad to take me there and he fell asleep during the movie, but I watched the whole thing with glee. Then months later, when I was at safeway with a friend and my mom, I saw the movie on VHS and bought it.
    animefan123 Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    haha i remember when the first pokemon movie came out. it was packed and some people had to stand or sit on the floor.
    Marcus2 Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    This movie is what made the show jump the shark.
    TugOsaurus Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    Oh man I remember seeing this at the theaters. They gave you a card, either Mew or Mewtwo.. I got Mew. My pal got Mewtwo. I was jealous.
    IloveRetroLives Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    I cannot believe that I bought this when it was first released on VHS. That was back when i was a big Pokemon freak. I am glad that those days are long gone.
    SamFisher Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    Pokemon 2000 was alot better than this movie, in my opinion.
    ganon Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    It would have been cool if it was like Alien Resurrection, where some ugly half-human and half-Mewtwo popped out of Mewtwo's stomach, and thought Ash was its "mommy"!!! LOL
    ganon Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    Yeah, Ellen Ripley in Alien Resurrection was a lot better than Mewtwo!
    shadow blaziken Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    The only thing I liked about the movie was it's cool beginning.
    Plecostomus Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    ^Yup, Pokemon is more dead than a Pikatchu under the wheel of a Hitachi EH5000 dump truck. This movie really sucked. The story started out okay (like fifty scientists died in a huge explosion), but then it just got gay! It was one of those things where "love conquers all" in an annoying child’s cartoon. Get real! Save your soul and avoid Pokemon!!!!
    mrs.link Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    the first in series of pokemon movies to come...i think they are workin on their 8th one now....just give it up guys its over.