Comments

Comments
    jeffjmarks Posted 2 days 19 hours ago
    I Remember That Show On Noggin In April 2002.
    SuperDave80s Posted 2 years 10 months ago
    One of the longest kids shows still going strong, way to go Sesame Street!
    LJK193 Posted 3 years 1 month ago
    Classic show in every sense of the word. Who didn't grow up with Sesame Street?
    kingleoice Posted 3 years 3 months ago
    Still many many views. :)
    kingleoice Posted 3 years 3 months ago
    When I saw it's new ending it sucks. What the hell happened Oscar and Gordan maybe he retired but what about Oscar and and who is that fairy girl who is Elmo's best friend it's Zoey dammit ! but I'll it's still sesame street.
    plasticvengeance Posted 3 years 9 months ago
    Bert and Ernie were (and still are) my all time favorite Muppets. I just bought this shirt for my boyfriend:

And I think I'm gonna steal it for myself! LOL
    mightybfan Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    I loved Cookie Disco and the Pinball game.
    littlemac2929 Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    The show is still going on it has been going on now for 40 years. It's still going on strong
    Vegasgirl Posted 4 years 6 months ago
    They used to on noggin in two thousand and three
    BuddyBoy600alt Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    Thank goodness we got PBS Kids Sprout. I hope they rerun the "Classic" Sesame Street.
    Zyoura Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    Been watching Sesame Street since I was a babe. One of my top favorite childhood memories.
    Remember that fairy who would walk out on the streets of New York and help kids with spelling? "Telephone!" Lol, that's how I learned to spell telephone. And the martians! "Yip, yip, yip, yip! Uh huh uh huh. Yip, yip, yip, yip!"
    acparson Posted 4 years 9 months ago
    I'm curious. Did the ending for Sesame Street (This one: http://www.retrojunk.com/tv/videos/535-sesame-street/2588/#intro ) scare anybody else as a child. This, simply because it sounds menacing, used to scare me when I was REAL young (think 2 or 3 years old)
    benton gold Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    HOW THE #@$% DID THIS LAST FOR 37 YEARS?!?! THAT'S LONGER THAN SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE!!
    Old_school_JJ Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    Why does it say this show aired from 1969-2006? This show is still airing and it's 2009.
    EZR09 Posted 5 years 25 days ago
    I used to watch Sesame Street when I was little.
    Trueblue94 Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    Heh, after a week I found out what intro it was. It was the 1993 intro. My favorite part in this show was the part with the singing orange blob:)
    Jt62786 Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    I watched thi show all the time when i was little.
    Trueblue94 Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    Man, the intro I remember isn't here. I think the one I remember has Big Bird, but there's also a little blue bird flying around... I dunno...
    Trueblue94 Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    I watched this show religiously as a little one. I have so many books, toys, blankets, etc, etc, of this. I loved my Tickle Me Elmo. I still have it, but its laugh is messed up. I was really into Elmo, but he really is taking over the show. I heard that Cookie Monster suddenly turned to vegetables, but someone else told me that was fake. For God's sake, I hope so!
    Mondav87 Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    My child delepment professor believes SS is the reason for ADD or ADHD.. Watching it now with my nephews, i believe she's right. Every skit bounces along with no time to connect. that being said i always enjoyed the yup yup yup uh huh aliens and the counting dogs
    dededeisawesome Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    it is not cancelled!
    boogeyman08 Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    Yesss, I know what you're talking about! It's on Youtube now, and I saw it for the first time in like more than 20 years. I remember watching it when I was a really little kid, and loved it - it is the only sketch that stuck with me all these years, probably because it was so WEIRD! What was the point? What was with that music? What was with that little girl, remember the part with her knees?!?!
    blackunicorn100 Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    Does anyone remember the short "video" on Sesame Street of a man and a young girl doing aerobic exercises? The man was on a red mat and the girl was on a blue mat and there was piano music playing in the background as they did stretches etc.
    Any info on the song or anything else guys!?
    TV1985 Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    I have to agree since Elmo is pretty much steeling other Sesame Street star's spotlights, I think that PBS should just have a show titled "The Elmo Show," and let the rest of the Seseme Street gang have their spotlights back. Especially for Kermit the Frog, Grover, Ernie, Burt, Big Bird, Snuffy, The Count, Cookie Monster, Oscar the Grouch, Telly, and all other Sesame Street stars.

And no, Sesame Street didn't end in 2006. It's still up and running with new and/or newer episodes on PBS.
    square eyed spaz Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    I learnt how to count and recite my alphabet watching this show on Aus ABC when I was a little kid, although I do remember being extremely confused when they would pronounce Z like Zee... It took my parents a few times of explaining to me that Australians pronounce it Zed before I was completely convinced. XD
    Retrogamer92 Posted 6 years 19 hours ago
    This was my favorite show when I was toddler. Ernie and Bert were my favorites.
    dalmatianlover Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    1969-2006?????????? Did they really cancel this show???
    Blue96sky Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    What's with the droids on Seasmea street
    AtariMan76 Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    They might as well just call this "The Elmo Show" instead of Sesame Street.
    TV1985 Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    Both Old School Sesame Street Vol. 1 (1969-1974) and Vol. 2 (1975-1979) are available on DVD. I can't wait until they get to the ones that were from the 80s.
    conky2000 Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    sesame street used to be so sick, when the kids were all dancing on the buildings, which were dancing with them...
    yeah. so cool!
    sob2 Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    Takes me back to y childhood. I loved this show.
    bunniez Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    sesame street through the 70's 80's and 90's were the best but sesame street now is wack!!!
    TV1985 Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    Here is something most of us would remember from the earlier days of Sesame Street.

This video at YouTube was shown very often on Sesame Street throughout most of the 70s and 80s.
    Ballala Posted 6 years 10 months ago

My favorite character is slimy the earthworm, does anybody know who he is?? the little guy with the night cap? that is what he wears lol
    mr3urious Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    The Indian intro (Galli Galli Sim Sim) is pretty catchy!
    peeweeprince Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    no 9 (sesamstraat) is a little scary
    peeweeprince Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    no 6 intro didnt have any puppets, but clay and live action.
    blueluigi Posted 7 years 18 days ago
    I recently watched a couple episodes of today's version of Sesame Street and it wasn't the same as it used to be when I watched it from the 90s. I've seen some recordings of 80s episodes and the 90s episodes actually didn't change much after the 80s, pretty much Elmo appeared more in the 90s but not as annoying as now. I mean heck in the 90s they still showed some of those classic clips from the 70s which they don't show now. I also watched Elmo's World during the Late 90s.

As for Today's Sesame Street. The street scene only went on for the first 10 minutes of each episode and then it gets to the clips. While the show still teaches kids numbers and letters, they show less of the show and more of Elmo. Elmo is usually the star in the street scenes they show today. And then at like the 35th minute would come an episode of Elmo's World. From what I recall during the late 90s, it came on the last 15 minutes of each episode but now it goes on for like 20-25 minutes each. But after Elmo's World ends in the episodes they make now would come Oscar the Grouch telling Slimy the worm a different story about the adventures of Gordon, where they would shoot Gordon in a green screen to show the animated background of the story Oscar has been telling to Slimy. After the end of each story with Gordon, he would tell them today's letter and number and the text to the letter and number looks a lot different than what they had back then, I guess some things have to have an upgrade right? Then, when the story ends, Slimey gets put to sleep and then, that's when each Sesame street episode ends. Now how big of a change was that now and back then.
    redcap92 Posted 7 years 23 days ago
    Cookie Monsters going to stay blue, hes just taking it easy on the cookies I guess...His names staying Cookie Monster and not changing to Veggie Monster. so anyway...

I used to watch this show all the time when I was little. Grover was my favorite character. Elmo gets too much attention I think.
    animefan123 Posted 7 years 26 days ago
    Big bird looks so scary in the 1970's
    80sangel Posted 7 years 26 days ago
    I loved this show as a kid, it was the forerunner for reality Tv. We kids of the 80's learned allot from Seasame Street. Our ABC's, 123',a how to use sign langue, how to speak a little spanish and how to share. We also learned a little about life. We learned about death when Mr. Hopper Died, we learned about Romance when Louis and Maria got married and Birth when Louis and Maria had Gabby. And Big Bird was our voice, he was a little kid and he asked every question we were asking. And we got a little of the answer from the adults on the show, of corse they encoureged us to ask our mom and dads.
    My little cousin watches Elmo now and she loves him. Just like I loved Cookie
    Rainbow Bright Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    k theres so many actual intros to this show missing it's not even funny, these are ending credits people, NOT INTROS and some of these arnt even American or Canadian..so there not official and pretty much don't count..lol iam truly dissapointed...
    dalmatianlover Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    There were various different intros to this show. It changed every so many years.
    smailey2005 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    that is the saddest thing i have ever heard.. are we all absolutley sure that this is a fact and happening
    BlaqueDragon Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    It's because Adults these days find it easier to blame Cookie Monster for their kids bad eating habits rather than looking for the cause closer to home...in my opinion
    sailor_moon_girl Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    wtf why the hell would you make cm a veggie lover no kids like vegitables
    blueluigi Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    WHAT?!?! They can't do this to Cookie Monster!!!
    animefan123 Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    Its true. Plus there changing him to orange
    blueluigi Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    I heard that Cookie Monster has been renamed Veggie Monster. Is this true?
    TV1985 Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    If Sesame Street isn't having it's last episode this year of 2007, then when?

Whenever it's last episode airs, I plan on watching it and see what all has changed on that show.
    gaastra Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    Each country got a sesame street with new muppets plus the classic muppets segements dubbed.

Anyone have the japan intro?

Anyone have the classic clay intro from the 70s?
    Rainbow Bright Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    Dutch sesame street doesnt count..lol ive posted american sesame street on here tons funny how all retrojunk has is the dutch version which looks fairly recent say circa 2000
    Rainbow Bright Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    what the hell is this guys, some cheap knock off?
    Marcus2 Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    Sesame Street is not ending this year! Somebody please get your facts straight.
    Joyce13 Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    I liked watching this show when I was little. It was one of my favorites. Now I don't watch it anymore, unless I'm being forced to by the little kids I baby-sit for.
    RetroMetro1977 Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    I definitely remember Sesame Street from as far back as the early '80's. I even remember Mr. Hooper. Other characters I can never forget include Forgetful Jones (LOL), those cute litle Twiddlebugs, the out of this world Martians, and even the cartoon talking typewriter. I honestly hink Sesame Street hasn't been the same ever since they added Elmo's World in the late 90's. Today, the show seems to establish a pattern, whereas back then, the show had more veriaty.
    TV1985 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    I found the episode of Sesame Street when R2-D2 and C-3P0 from Star Wars were special guests.

Dominic_1981 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    I Remember watching it when I was in Preschool and Kindergarden
    TV1985 Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    Is Sesame Street really ending in 2007? If it is... well, it had its good run. But I think that Sesame Street should have ended when Jim Henson passed away back in May of 1990.

I remember watching this when I was just a todler, back in the late 80s. The last time I ever watched a whole episode was back in 1990.
    KRW Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    Well, even though I'm 13, I'll watch this if I'm babysitting the 2 year old girl that lives across the street from me.
    KRW Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    I used to imitate whatever I saw on Sesame Street when I was little, especially elmo's parts on the show!

heh heh, good times... good times
    blueluigi Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    OK I looked through the tape that has Sesame Street on it and well it actually doesn't have any full episodes on it. The tape started out with the Superhero puppet who goes by the name of Captain Lightbulb, I don't know what show that was (it showed the end of it) but it wasn't Sesame Street. It did have 2 episodes of Reading Rainbow (one of them is a full episode) and after it showed Reading Raindow it showed the last 30 minutes of a Sesame Street episode and after they showed that was a full 1970s episode of Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood (titled MisteRodger's Neighborhood). it then showed the first 10 minutes of an episode of Owl TV and then more Sesame Street and after that was an episode of a cooking show (I forget the name). The tape also included 2 different PBS bumpers one with the 1970 bumper (didn't expect that to be on the tape) and the other is the 1984 bumper. It also included some promos for Captain Kangaroo.

Well at least I watched some old school Sesame Street.
    blueluigi Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    My friend (sonicemerald) has recordings of Sesame Street's run during the 80s. His Mom recorded it for his brother. I haven't seen these recordings though but I might check them out.
    Sgt.scorpious Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    wow i wonder if retro junk's prediction is rite that it'll run thru next year then end cause that be sad man if it does
    TheOutlaw Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    Truly, unbelieveably the greatest show ever.
    BlueMario Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    Too many Toddler shows!!!!!!
    blueluigi Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    Wait is this show really ending in 2007? Well it's about time, that show's been on long enough don't you think not to mention that it is the longest running PBS show along with Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood.
    TV1985 Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    I don't know if it is true or not but I heard a rumor that the first five seasons of Sesame Street are going to be released onto DVD in the next year of so. But I might be wrong.
    blueluigi Posted 8 years 3 days ago
    This show has been airing for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooonng time. They should end it real soon, it's getting old. I mean this came out the year the PBS network launched. I remember watching this along with Arthur, Mister Rodgers Neighborhood, The Magic School Bus, Barney, and Reading Rainbow.
    BlueMario Posted 8 years 28 days ago
    I used to love this show back in 1994! I liked the Elmo's world scene best. They still come on Television on PBS kids.
    I used to watch this next to Barney, (Which I hate now.) Little Bear, BLue's clues and The New Adventures of Winnie the pooh!!
    Roadgeek Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    I used to watch this every morning in the early-mid '90s along with Mr. Rogers, Lamb Chop, etc.
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    If that episode with R2 and 3P0 wasn't from the 80s, then it must have been a rerun of Sesame Street that I saw at the time.

But anyway, I think that was a cool episode.
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    I remember watching Sesame Street back in the late 80s.

If you are wondering who those two characters that are with Big Bird in the image above, you guessed it right. It's both R2-D2 and C-3P0 from Star Wars. There was an episode with both R2 and 3PO on Sesame Street back in the 80s.
    RetroSeaside Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    I used to like this show until Elmo messed it up! I'm glad I never grew up w/ him on that show.