Comments

Comments
    pentagirl19 Posted 1 year 11 months ago
    This is one of my favorite tv shows! I have the all the seasons on dvd!
    Goofball Posted 4 years 1 month ago
    This is another one of those shows that, as a kid in the '70s, only occasionally caught my interest, but enjoy as an adult. I don't know if any of the cable channels currently runs it. I was raised in a small town that didn't have cable TV, so I wound up watching a lot of things that I didn't like a whole lot. As an adult, I've developed a keen interest for history and really appreciate the Waltons today.
    Fyne T(oo)ning Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    Did anybody catch one of the recent series of GEICO commercials where a gentleman in a 3-piece asks "Can GEICO save you at least 15% on car insurance?", then pauses and asks "Did the Waltons take a really long time to say 'Good Night' to each other?", and then you hear that synonymous prologue that ends every episode of the show, complete with exterior shot of the Walton house? I only found it funny in a tongue-in-cheek way, even though I was old enough to remember when the show was running on CBS.
    old_school Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    Loved this show as well. I grew up on a Farm in the country here in Ohio. Common Descent Values brought out in this show..

ONLY WISH.. TV still had these "themes" shows still on..It could bring back alot of good to this Sad World as we all know it now..

You can catch the Waltons on the Family Channel. I record them and hope to watch it with my Grandson & Daughter to teach good, honest values to their lives..
    peanuts Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    I never watched the show as a kid and made fun of the kids who did. Now that I'm older and I've seen a few reruns, it is a nice sentimental kind of show, but one I can turn off in the middle of it because you know there will be some sappy ending. It's funny, at Old Tucson Movie Studios there is a graveyard with Johnboys tombstone.
    mom3 Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    love watching the waltons when I was younger. I still watch it. My daughter sometimes watches with me
    radhenry Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    When I was growing up I could not go to bed until I watched the Waltons all the way through to the final credit. I loved this show. It had a great effect upon my life. To this day I still keep a journal thanks to John-Boy.
    elizz Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    the waltons was a great show. i was 6yrs old in 1972 and remember my grandparents liking it. ive watched 9 episodes in two days from season 1 already and im enjoying it. i also enjoyed the reunion shows i havent seen them in years hallmark channel needs to play those sometime.
    snowmonkie44 Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    this is by far one of the best tv shows ever made! boy i remember when i was real little and i lived at my grandparents house me and my pop-pop would watch this before supper. I'm even named after little erin walton!!! thats how my mom got the idea for my name!! so i gotta love this show!! and im planning on getting all the episodes i can on dvd.
    jaklumen Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    This will always be a classic among '70s TV shows. It was another show constantly playing at my house when I was young.