Comments

Comments
    hawkmoons Posted 4 years 2 days ago
    This was a great show, love watching it when I am in a shitty mood, always makes me feel better.
    Aleolus Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    Mr. Lucas, are you free?
    I'm free, Miss peacock!
    dmccloud Posted 4 years 6 months ago
    Mrs. Betty Slocombe + Mr. Wilberforce Claybourne Humphries = ROFLMBOTIC
    irishunicorn65 Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    One of my favorite episodes was German Week! I watched the reruns with my son Jacob. Mr. Humphries was my favorite character on the show and in the movie!
    drs11 Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    I LOVE ARE YOU BEING SERVED!!!! I consider it and I Love Lucy the Two Greatest Sitcoms Ever Made!!!!
    sootsme Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    The actress Mollie Sugden, whom played Mrs Slocombe, died on the 1st July 2009, aged 86.
    Stoner_Smurf Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    I truly love this show. It was a night time ritual for some many years
    spiritlady Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    I have one thing to say "I'm free"
    ACcountryFan Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    This is the information I found about John Inman's later years to back up what the member, Dr Manhattan, said...

"After the end of Are You Being Served?, Inman became one of the nation's best known pantomime dames and appeared in over 40 pantomime productions across the United Kingdom. He also toured to Australia to star in a number of productions including Bedside Manners (2003) and a revival of Are You Being Served? (2001) as a stage show at Twelfth Night Theatre, Brisbane. In 2004, Inman made additional television appearances in Doctors and Revolver.

He lived in a mews house in Little Venice for 30 years. On 23 December 2005, Inman entered into a civil partnership at Westminster Register Office with his partner of 35 years, Ron Lynch."
    Blueroc85 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    This show made me laugh until I cried on many occassions. I love Mr. Humphries. Captain Peakock was always so proper and dry....that also made me laugh.
    gibbo Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    I cant remember the character he played, but Aussie actor Shane Bourne also played a role as one of the sales people, he is now hosting thank god you're here.
    oldnickfan Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    I watched this on PBS along with Mr. Bean. Both were awesome!
    Kumero Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    You just got served....oh Sh!T!!!
    Darklord72 Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    LOve this show..my grandmother and i used to watch this show ever saturday night you have to get a kick out of captain peacock LOL but the one that always stole the show was mr humpries..

are you free?? :)
    Matli Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    And this one also belongs to one of the best British shows ever made!
    scyduckzard Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    I LOVED the compilation called ,"Best of 'Are You Being Served' " it was HILARIOUS!! Me & Adam (a friend), would watch this whenever it came on, & laughed ourselves silly at the "risqué" gags, & the occasional references 2 Mrs. Slocum's cat as a "certain part of the female anatomy" This show was a HOWLING success in our minds!

Did u know that there was a reference 2 this show in season 4 of the computer-generated series named "Reboot?"
    retroguy78 Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    My mom used to watch this series all the time.
    lightening816 Posted 9 years 5 days ago
    MR. HUMPHRIES ROCKS!! And no, Ri-chan, he's not gay. That's just the way his character is supposed to be! I told my mom that if John Inman ever came to our door, LET HIM IN!!

"Fire Practice" is my favorite!! I love the way it's all:

"Mr. Lucas, how would you like to rescue Mrs. Slocombe?" asked Mr. Rumbold.

Mr. Lucas just glares and that's what makes it so funny because, you see, he doesn't like Mrs. Slocombe.

"Is that an order?" asked Mr. Lucas.

"Yes," replied Captain Peacock.

Last night, I watched an Are You Being Served segment where Mr. Humphries talks to his mother and his mother suggests to make Mr. Humphries' life at "Grace Brothers" into a book, then a movie, and then finally a TV series!

In the end, it doesn't work out and Mr. Humphries just dances with his Paddington Bear.

Mr. Humphries actually looks hot in a few episodes when he dresses up!

YAY FOR MR. HUMPHRIES!!

If you want to see Are You Being Served, there's a channel called "BBC America" where at 1:00 P.M Monday- Friday, Are You Being Served comes on!

I watched it myself.
    shorty spice Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    A hilarious British comedy. Mrs. Slocombe and Mr. Humphries are hilarious. I remember I was watching the dvd set and my mom was like "Why do you like this show? It looks a bit dated." I couldn't do nothing but laugh and just explain that this show was filmed decades ago. LOL!
    Ri-chan, Jedi Knight Posted 9 years 5 months ago
    I only know this show because my dad recorded episodes from the marathon a while back. It has it's comedy but I have to say that the gay guy was the funniest character. Unfortunately for the actor, he played his part too well and the public actually took him to be really gay. I'm not sure if he ever found someone to marry.