Comments

Comments
    TEOL Posted 10 days 17 hours ago
    I think it's great in these videos posted of NTSC Vs PAL how they got around the PAL speedup thing by remaking the credits altogether so the credits were PAL and NTSC native therefore making a pulldopwn effect.

That was some smart thinking by Mr. Jim Henson there for sure as it's hand animation and not drawn so there is no benifits with a 23.976-25.000 faster framerate for PAL watchers on this one.
    aesbensen Posted 3 years 26 days ago
    One of my favorite shows. I loved the skits and the guess appearances.
    tomasito Posted 4 years 1 month ago
    huh you know what the muppet show was so funny i cant stop laughing
    Old_school_JJ Posted 4 years 3 months ago
    I have all the first three seasons of the Muppet Show on DVD, hopefully, it wouldn't be too much longer before they release the last two. I'm a HUGE fan of this show.
    classykenzo Posted 4 years 7 months ago
    I loved the muppet show my favorite one was animal
    mightybfan Posted 4 years 9 months ago
    I loved The Muppet Show. My favorites are The late Christopher Reeve[my Superman],Lynda Carter,Star Wars[that cute Mark Hamill,R2d2 and c3p0,and Chewbacca the wookie.
    tomrule123 Posted 4 years 10 months ago
    A very good show for everyone. I'm surprised on how many guest stars showed up.
    abu ayoob Posted 5 years 1 hour ago
    so funny , I love it
    benton gold Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    This show is freakin' awesome.
    sootsme Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    Just an observation but shouldn't the country(ies) of origin be US and UK? After all, the US networks rejected the idea and it was taken up by British station ATV and filmed at their studios in Elstree, near London.
    nytebreid Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    This is the probably the show that most deserves to be put back on the air!

Animal from the Dr. Teeth band is one of my roll models :)
    dededeisawesome Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    big bird was on this once
    BuddyBoy600alt Posted 3 months 13 days ago
    That was when Leslie Uggums was the guest star.
    lexhogan Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    bad guest stars, love the show though, dr.teeth and the electric mayham!
    trollman1212 Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    i love this show ... where is now ,,,,,,,, i was 10yrs old an me and my dad sit there in front of the tv an lol ,,grate...
    kayambjan Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    I loved this show when it first aired I was six yrs.old and when it went off I was 10 yrs. and I would still watch it today .I loved the two old men that sat in the balcony and cracked on everyone even the guest stars .Looking for a come back.
    jpickens Posted 6 years 20 days ago
    The first three seasons were the best.
    TV1985 Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    I thought it would never happen, but The Muppets had a special on Disney Channel called Studio DC Almost Live which has The Muppets. Here is a clip of the Electric Mayham with today's pop-singer Miley Cyrus a.k.a. Hanna Montana. I don't know if this was just a one time only TV special or if it's a new TV show that really took off. Here is a clip of Studio DC Almost Live.

Hopefully, this would create a modern day Muppets variety show.
    Backfromthedead Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    the show rocks. i still cant belelive Alice Cooper was on the show.
    teen_spirit Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    this was freaking awesome, one of the best shows of the 70s/80s i guess, real oldskool _O_
    Xxnoone89xX Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    The Muppets were awsome!
    Pizzaguy2 Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    i remeber this show for some reson it scared me lol
    SuzanneHIH Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    I love The Muppets. I just did a tribute post to Beaker a few days ago on my site. I think my favorite has to be Animal though, he's such a free spirit. Of course I love Kermit, he runs the show you know, well he tries anyway.
    EZR09 Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    I used to watch The Muppet Show when I was in elementary school and I imitated Miss Piggy and my teacher told me that I sounded like Miss Piggy. I imitated Fozzie Bear and one of my classmates told me that I sounded like Fozzie. I got the chicken joke from Fozzie and I used to tell it to people no matter where I went. Most of the people that I told the chicken joke to already know the joke.
    git_out_of_ur_box Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    yeah I can agree that this was one of the best things to have been ever seen on TV.
    Deepthought74 Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    I loved this show and still do. Makes me miss real television.
    Jillian Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    The thing that always stuck with me was all the jokes about Dr Honeydew and the Gorillas - forget monsters under my bead - I was afraid of Gorillas! To make matters worse, I kept hearing news reports about guerrillas in South America and didn't know the difference! There was finally an episode where the Gorilla brought Dr Honeydew some candy or flowers and I felt so much better!
    Alf Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    I actually had all the "Best of the Muppet Show" DVDs and have finally gotten Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD... The fact that Jim Henson was part of such a genious creative scheme; Frank Oz was a huge part too. Anyways; my toy collection just gained a 1976 Kermit still in package; so some poor kid was deprived of the Kermit experience?
    Concur Fully that the Muppets are the Greatest Show ever.
    frutnik Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    this is the best show ever. I wish they would bring it bank on boomerang or tv land
    KOOLAA_7 Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    This was the stuff I grew up in on not this new age stuff with no meaning at all, this was truly the best show on earth....
    jmkuhner Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    I love the Muppet Show!!! I have Season 1 on DVD and I can't wait till I get Season 2!
    Blueroc85 Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    Hilarious Stuff. I miss this show!
    J-Man Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    YAY!!!!!!!!!
    Spongeroks Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    Iloved this show, I mean, how can you not love Kermit.
    ethandaman24 Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    i own a bunch of tapes of this show when it was on nickelodeon
    bananii Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    i can play that song on piano. my piano teacher actualy remembers this show here. i was like wow.
    Groovester Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    Tremendous show!

I always like the bit when Gonzo plays the trumpet at the start...

Superb critics in the box too...
    Pastfan245 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    this was one of the greatest shows on TV!
    hoho32 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    This show was great! Today shows have no originality.
    EightiesMan Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    the best show on earth!
    Pumbs Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    This show was super awesome!! It's true that Walter and Statler pretty much carried the show though! Those 2 were a riot!!
    skyekt Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    Yeah, I remember watching this show with my mother, and she would do an awesome impersonation of miss piggy talking to kermit "oh kermy!"

Great show.
    BlueRyan1975 Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    What an AWESOME show! When it was on the air (me: b.1975) I never could figure out why my family always wanted to watch it with me in the front room. Now, that I'm older, I find it funnier than ever, because it was made for adults to laugh as well. I just bought, "the Muppet Show - Season 1" on DVD on eBay. Can't wait til it comes!
    Also, if you've a chance to visit Disneyland California Adventure, DEFINATELY go to the Muppet Show. AMAZING!

-Ryan D Downs!
    Fyne T(oo)ning Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    Sure, Kermit was the star. But there can be no doubt that the ones who REALLY OWNED the show were those two wise-cracking curmudgeons, Statler and Waldorf. Admit it: when was there ever a funnier moment watching this show but when these old coots fire off their sarcastic salvos of putdowns after every act and at show's end. You could say they were like the Muppet version of "The Odd Couple" (Statler's Walter Matthau to Waldorf's Jack Lemmon) meets MST3K (only sent up a balcony instead of into space aboard the "Satellite of Love";)! Just check the Quotes section if you need a reminder of how hilarious these geriatric geniuses of jeers are. Incidentally, I just saw an old commercial on YouTube that featured them (which I just barely seem to recall watching back when it was in rotation on broadcast TV.) I can only imagine, if they've already bought the farm by now (which I hope isn't the case), how their epitaphs must read : "I'M WITH CRANKY" and "I'M WITH ANNOYING". LONG LIVE STATLER & WALDORF!

Btw, there's a really hilarious mashup you folks oughta listen to that uses the Muppet Show theme. I won't tell you the other song it's mashed with, but you can check it out for yourselves @ www.radio-earwax.co.uk.

And since K-Star mentioned the "Ma-Nah-Ma-Nah" song, there's two mashups that feature that track. You'll find them @ www.djjayr.com and www.pilchard.tv.

Stay T(oo)ned
    ducktalesfan1977 Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    I watched this as a little boy.
    Sgt.scorpious Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    what season was this episode yknow that this specific intro is from?
    diggidy28 Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    I'm glad someone added the ending credits. I always like watching them play the instruments, especially Animal's little drum solo. And of course anything Statler and Waldorf say is hilarious.
    Old_school_JJ Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    The Muppets rule. Love so many of them.
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    I own The Muppet Show: Season 1 on DVD. I've only watched the first disc so far. I watch at least a couple at a time. It was a great Christmas present last year. Can't wait for Season 2 to be released onto DVD.
    Sgt.scorpious Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    wich season is this from?
    flash3780 Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    Jim Henson was a truly brilliant, unique person. He went to school at the University of Maryland. They recently put a statue of him sitting on a bench talking to Kermit in front of the Stamp Student Union. It's a shame that he died so young.
    takineko Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    AH I MISS THIS SHOW! BRING IT BACK!
    Man, Love those muppets; really is nothing like this show. I wonder if there ever will be?
    Strykor Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    retrofan24, the two old guys are called Stantler and Waldorf, named for two famous hotels in New York.
    retrofan24 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    IMO the best part of this show was the end with those two old men.

Old man 1: "Are you ready for the end of the world?"

Old man 2: "Sure, it couldn't be worse the this show."

(Both men laughing) HA HA HA.

Such a great show.
    Gorbash Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    Fantastic show, nothing like it
    kimsy520 Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    You're never too old for this show :) I miss Jim Henson.
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    The intro that is listed which has the Stars from Star Wars is one of the best intros to The Muppet Show. However, each episode had a different intro.
    Celeste Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    I was a baby when this show started and I was five when it ended. The Muppets, in my opinion, have changed since Jim's son took over the production company.
    Sesame Street, one of my favourite shows as a child, has changed quite drastically since Jim Henson died.
    naraku4656 Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    the muppet show was like sesame street gone totally awesome.
    Daikun Posted 9 years 9 days ago
    The Muppets have kicked ass for decades, and they will continue to do so with their brilliant writing and comedic timing.
    Trashley Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    It's funny how this was considered like comedy, but now it would just be considered lame by most people. Don't get me wrong though...I love The Muppets Show.
    TV1985 Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    The Muppet Show was one of the best tv shows of both the 70's and the 80's.

My favorite special guests on The Muppet Show are with... Rita Moreno, John Denver, Jonnathan Winters, Liza Minnelli, Linda Carter, Sylvester Stallone, Dudley Moore, and yes Mark Hamill (also with Luke Skywalker, C-3PO, R2-D2, and Chewbacca the Wookie).