Comments

Comments
    siblis50 Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    Hi....Anyone have off-air Copies? The released store bought set has cut out some Music.

[email protected]
    Retro Wop Posted 3 years 11 months ago
    Great show, I watched this show every Thursday night and never missed an episode. Sgt Zeke Anderson was my favorite character. The last season as much as I hate to say it was not as good as the first two seasons.
    superqborg Posted 6 years 29 days ago
    download them here http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4661666/Tour_of_Duty_Complete_Serie
    diskoboy Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    This show was CBS's last groundbreaking show, before they turned into the Geritol network. It was also an unfortunate victim of the 1988 Writers Guild Strike.

Season 1 was an absolutely unflinching look at the Vietnam War - many critics, at the time, were comparing the first season to the recent best pic winner, "Platoon".

After the 2-part 'Saigon' episode, at the beinning of season 2, the show took a massive dive in quality. The writers came back, but it was too late to salvage the damage of most of season 2.

Paint It Black still reminds me of this show, every time I hear it.
    moparr1963 Posted 7 years 23 days ago
    I used to watch this show every Thursday night it came on a 8pm it was an awsome show I love it I have always been a military history buff, after Tour of Duty on Thursday nights there was a tv show called Paradise it was a western about a gunfighter that took care of 3 kids. Does anyone remember Paradise?
    jaws239 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    I was in school while this war was being fought. Went to college with some guys that served in it. When they came home, they were spat on and called baby-killers ... and that was the "good" way they were treated. I think that's the big reason they make sure that every soldier buried from the current war gets an honor guard -- to show that the war may not be popular, but the people that fight it don't make the policy.
    I, too, wish they would bring this show back on television. I remember, as I watched it, I thought "yeah, I remember watching that on the evening news." This show was one of the few tributes the Vietnam era soldiers received.
    I think it didn't last as long as MASH because it made people feel bad that they treated our soldiers with such disgusting disrespect ... for them doing a job many of them were forced to do, upon threat of going to prison. -- The US had the draft back then ... the choice was serve, flee the country, or go to jail. Not like today.
    Listening to the music on Tour of Duty made me realize that songs I enjoyed (badly) singing along with were actually protest songs against this war. This show was enlightening in many ways.
    Shawna Rene Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    I used to watch reruns of this show with my parents when I was younger...I love it so much!!!! In fact, I bought all 3 seasons on DVD and I'm watching it right now!!!!
    grizzly Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    This show is awesome.
    TV1985 Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    My dad use to watch both M*A*S*H and Tour of Duty when they aired on CBS. I don't see reruns of T.o.D. But I do see reruns of M*A*S*H on Hallmark Channel.
    Benjo Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    What a great show. My whole family used to watch this.
    Phantom_013_ Posted 9 years 10 months ago
    this show freaking rules!!!!! and if you live in canada like me you can still see it on the history chanel ;-)