Comments

Comments
    Klaymen Posted 1 year 2 months ago
    No matter how old I get, I'll still love pokemon
    1990kid Posted 3 months 14 hours ago
    Yea i still love pokemon too,
    Marcus2 Posted 1 year 9 months ago
    I had to delete large chunks of the description of this show and make it brief, since there seems to be a damn limit to how long the description is. Sorry about that, guys.
    Ov3rRide Posted 2 years 6 months ago
    I love pokemon and still do. But Black and white just sucks
    1990kid Posted 2 months 14 days ago
    Yea, black & white does suck,
    1990kid Posted 2 months 1 day ago
    Yea it does,i miss the old pokemon
    yugilightyear23 Posted 2 years 8 months ago
    for shure my favorite show growing up this and yugioh
    nostalgia96 Posted 2 years 10 months ago
    Love the old. Hate the new
    wigglykid90 Posted 1 year 10 months ago
    I agree with you and the old Pokemon is way better than the new one.
    TheMarioDocter Posted 2 years 10 months ago
    This was created in 1997, not 1998. It only came here in the US in 1998. False predictment. I'll fix this later.
    arikarinyukijima Posted 3 years 25 days ago
    The original Pokemon was the best!
    1990boy Posted 20 days 14 hours ago
    I liked pokemon with the origal characters
    247wkman Posted 3 years 28 days ago
    pokemon brainwashed me- i started reading about this new game pokemon for the gameboy and was new to the concept of anime- completed blue and maxed up my chosen six (raichu(owen)that armodilo thingy(richter) squirtle thingy(dude) a sparrow thingy(..) a nine tails (..) and that buterfly thingy- you can see that despite knowing all 150 at the time i have skillfully forgot most of it. i bought any piece of crap with pokemon on it and recorded every ep of the series. i did tones of fan art in ms paint- one of an embarrassing self portrait 'pokemon style' with my main six which thanks to flimsy floppy only exists in a garish hardcopy that is still well kept to this day. despite the nostalgia i will state that one day i woke up- sat up in bed and at 19 yrs realized wtf and packed it in. then i watched dragonball z....
    memboy12 Posted 3 years 1 month ago
    now pokemon is getting on my nerves
    chchoo Posted 3 years 4 months ago
    They banned Jinx? yeah she wasn't cute for a pokemon but y the heck did they get rid of her she was weirdly cool
    Malbosia Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    funny how they banned the jinx episode for being blackface but none of the dragonball z episodes with Mr. Po Po were banned.
    TheMarioDocter Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    Seriously, even Max and May know Misty better than old lady Dawnderhead here, who probably won't know or visit her any time soon. Now even Brock has disappeared! Don't just waste arguements on the new pokemon. It's that stupid Dawn causing the problems. I loved Misty and still love her now. As for Dawn... she diserves a great big punch in the cheeks! DAWN MUST DIE!
    TheMarioDocter Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    Pokemon was totally my favorite anime WAAAYYY back then, even when i wuz an infant! The original series was raging from cool to OK. The original wuz an anime classic! But, when Max and May came on the series, it slightly went downhill. And when that crap of a thing Dawn arrived... JUMPED THE SHARK!!!!
    chchoo Posted 3 years 6 months ago
    totally bogus misty has been an original character and it should not end because more children have been beginning to watch it and if it ended they would be heartbroken.
    shindu Posted 3 years 6 months ago
    i really like the first season and i watch majority of the second season before they started that repeating stuff but after that i miss out on the other season. and those season i miss out on rock and misty left and keep coming back so no i dont think misty should come back it needs to end like the power ranger needs to end to long of a story with to many changes. it was cool with 151 pokemon not the 800 plus that keeps beeing add on
    chchoo Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    who thinks they should bring misty and the original pokemon back????
    The Evolution Of Life Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    Rubbish since series 2 is all I can say about this crap.
    Benjanime Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    good god, someone must really have time on their hands to write a summary that long. i watched the anime series up until it got to the ruby/sapphire series
    chchoo Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    Hi...um i was just watching some pokemon episodes and i just realized that Misty has to come back. Because hello ash and misty are the cutest couple EVER! so plzzzzzz whoever runs pokemon plz put her back in so they can fall in love please please pleaseeeee....i'm begging u i love them together.
    199478q29 Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    Agree with Cartoonking2 here.
    BlackRose Posted 3 years 8 months ago
    I miss the OG Pokemon D:
    rpm61787 Posted 3 years 8 months ago
    my guess would be bc thier gf smells like pizza farts and thinks shes gaga. you just dont understand pokemon do you?
    Mistress Sex Appeal Posted 3 years 8 months ago
    why would anyone threaten to leave there girlfriend for pokemon...thats pretty lame.
    CartoonKing2 Posted 3 years 8 months ago
    Pokemon was good. The voice acting sucked, but that didn't change it, the show was good. And remember I said "was good", not "is good". That's because ever since the advance generation the show got boring, uninteresting, and became more focused on the girl character than Ash. But the first few seasons were great, and I'm a big fan of the Pokemon games.
    funguy10 Posted 3 years 8 months ago
    I just read an interesting article IGN posted about the series. It was only supposed to last a year and a half and for about 90 episodes but it was so popular, they kept it going all these years. After Kanto, Ash did the Orange Islands as anime filler until Gold and Silver were out, then he traveled across Johto. When Ruby and Sapphire came out, he went to Hoenn. Ten he went to the Battle Frontier as filler When Diamond and Pearl came out he went to Sinnoh. And in ever reigon except the filler arcs, he just comes up short and his journey continues. Now the new Black & White series is going to premire based on the Black & White games and it all begins again! And yes, with that we are up to 649 Pokemon!
    rpm61787 Posted 3 years 8 months ago
    If pokemon was real i would leave my girlfriend and never look back. Why would anyone need a gf if you could run around training dragons and crazy birds and shit for the rest of your life. I couldn't figureout why ash never put the moves on misty, but then i realized who cares about girls when you live in a world like that.
    RetroFreak97 Posted 3 years 8 months ago
    I have a love/hate relationship for this show; it was good back then, but now it just plain sucks...No offense to fans who still watch the show; just my opinion is all.
    SYCD Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    This show was epic in the 90's, I actually cried once because I missed almost 3 weeks of episodes because I would get sooo much homework!
    But now it's just...Bland. Do the kids of today even collect and play with the trading cards? Do they even make trading cards for this show anymore? LOL
    arikarinyukijima Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    Me & Everybody I knew watched that show when I was in grade 2.
    mega_choir_nerd_12 Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    Oh my gee! I used to know ALL 150 of the Pokemon names. Now there are just too many to name. I, personally think it's lame. Lol.
    lawlwhut Posted 3 years 11 months ago
    The most played song on my iPod is "Pokemon, What Happened to You?" So true.

memboy12 Posted 4 years 9 days ago
    yea i cnt stand it since Misty left the show I mean the show just went down hill ever since then and team Rocket don't look right and I liked Jessie & James better then the new team rocket not tht funny
    Retroking90 Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    one of my fav shows of all time but the new ep's are so bad
    kingleoice Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam! I liked this show
    kurisu89 Posted 4 years 3 months ago
    i still have all of mine. my mom was so into it, she bought shit online from japan. i was the envy of the neighborhood. well, my mom was... it was so big, that my grandmother even bought me a advanced copy of gold when it came out.. man. those were the days! i love beating my boyfriend, who is a fanatic of pokemon btw, out in card collection. i had the best shit, his cards could never match up. :)
    raph89 Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    I remember seeing a commercial for the red and blue versions of the original games. It came out in November during Christmas shopping season of 1998. I got the red version for Christmas that year. My involvement with Pokemon didn't last long though. I'm a christian, and my mom told me it was demonic somehow, so I gave it up. Although in later years of this show My friends told me some stuff that intrigued me. Like, even though Ash had the right badge, he still couldn't control Charizard. Why is that? My favorite one was Squirtle.
    Little_cupcake Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    I still have mah pokemoncards, lol XD.

Well i used to like this show with Misty in it. But when she left, the show went downhill imo. The new episodes are stupid and how many pokemons are there now anyway? Over 9000?!!!
    Spaztic7778 Posted 4 years 6 months ago
    @comicbookfan19.... couldn't have said it better myself :)

only watched this show because of my lil bro.. it was ok
    comicbookfan19 Posted 4 years 7 months ago
    i did not hate this show at first. i never liked it or understood why everybody was so crazy about it.
    but i did not hate it untill it got so big that every cartoon channel was putting out ripoffs of it and took good cartoons off to show it and the cheap knockoffs .
    now i hate this show for the same reason i hate american idol it ruined tv.
    Lepew Posted 4 years 7 months ago
    Lovely days back there with cards, t shirts and on.

I bought a yellow box with four Pokemon videos I can't find again.
    LAUR3Nlx0 Posted 4 years 7 months ago
    i haven't watched this show in forever since i grew out of it. too many Pokemon to get back into it now.
    i'm totally lost.
    and isn't that "Tentacool and Tentacruel" episode shown a little bit in a clip of the original theme video? because i always wanted to see that episode... it looked cool.
    and what would be the point of Jynx even being a Pokemon? i wonder if a white person would get arrested for being Jynx for Halloween.. ugh.
    lolabunny Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    i want misty back
    nostalgicguy Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    I couldn't get into the show, but the video games were very good.
    MandyPandy Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    I loved Pokemon and so did my brother. I wonder why all the Japonise shows are so popular?
    lolabunny Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    dis show is cool pikachu is adorable
    funguy10 Posted 4 years 9 months ago
    RIP: Maddie Blaustein(The voice of Meowth from episode 36 up to season 8)
    Nesysli Posted 4 years 9 months ago
    This show was pretty cool in the old ones though.
    CARNAGE Posted 4 years 10 months ago

nickmania thats cool that show sucked
    Pokepast Posted 4 years 10 months ago
    Pokemon Was Aired: 1998-Present
    SDChargerskid Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    omg i was a pokemon addictor i would get every card and trade with friends then when it died down so did my intrest for it when ash left the show i stop watching it now they have some new cartoon of this thats on crazy hours
    NickMan1a Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    Redhead Metalhead Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    I used to be a huge Pokemon fan. I don't care for much of it anymore, though I don't mind playing the games. That's the best Pokemon has to offer. However, the cartoon series is indeed horrible; the only thing I truly don't like about Pokemon anymore.
    Dani90 Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    loved i had so many cards till my bff jacked em all.idk. sooo sad. i loved the show. till the movie came out then i was over it.
    Zyoura Posted 5 years 4 days ago
    I had the cards, Pikachu stuffed animals, Meowth stuffed animals and the Burger King toys. The first and second season were the best. I never got to see the movie though. :(
    Jt62786 Posted 5 years 19 days ago
    I use to be a tomboy and watched this show alot before my bus came for me to go to school. when i was in Middle School 10 years ago. and my neighbor use to collecrt pokemon cards I use to get them from a freind of mine.
    Galactusgirl Posted 5 years 27 days ago
    I hate Pokemon. I never understood why everyone was so hyped up about it. It had bad artwork, crappy dialogue and it was just plain awful overall.
    kjb29 Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    I couldn't get into this show. I liked the Video games and cards though.
    TigerJ15 Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    Yeah i had the cards as well
    powerpuffsofi Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    it really was amazing until they made like 34567432different series. i was obsessed with the cards!(:
    Tony2Tone Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    Man i was all into pokemon in middle school.I was collecting the cards,watching the shows and the movies.I stoped with the pokemon craze when i hit high school.I remember saying to myself i will always like pokemon no matter what but that didnt work out so good ha ha but overall i will always like pokemon and all the memories i had.
    superhumansamuri Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    i remember when the pokemon craze started when i was like 12 or somthing and it was one of the first animes i watched along side dragon ball z and ronin warriors but the pokemon card game was fun also
    benton gold Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    Raichu is the best Pokemon ever.
    bcbolo Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    I can't really say that I've watched or got into any series after the first one. After they passed the 155 or so mark and added like 100,000,000 more, it just got worse and just made it impossible for Ash to ever catch all of them and become a Pokemon Master (lol).
    nick Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    I have looked up the word "Blackface". Now I understand why Jinx's color was changed from black to purple. Anyways, I love this show
    GoodTimes Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    Amazing.

Though they have just took it too far now, they should make it come to an end.
    aegeli Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    pokemon use to be my life then it just got bad
    Barbarax Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    Awesome, nothing else to say
    TigerJ15 Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    yeah i think that now its just borin i mean how many badges does ash need to get before he becomes a master is just rediculus now the first seiries was brilliant
    jerrythemouse Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    barely watch pokemon DP, its just not fun to watch anymore. if i had dibbs on the first few seasons... then were in buisness!
    TigerJ15 Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    no pokemon was the best ever although digimon was good
    Trueblue94 Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    To TigerJ15: Pokemon came out before Digimon. There are similarites between the two, but both have their own styles and flavors. I actually like to watch Digimon more, because I think it has a better storyline and better character development!
    TigerJ15 Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    u no i can still remmember everyone collectin the pokemon cards and games was it a rip off of Digimon or was Digimon a rip off of pokemon i think the second although Digimon came out 1st
    TigerJ15 Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    Guys i have to say this it rocked durin the 90s and it still rock i ave loads of Pokemon card and still collect them plus I thin k its still goin in Japan also what ever happened to the origanal group u no mysti Ash and Brock what the hell happened to them
    DarkPhire Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    1998???? I could of sworn this came out in 1997
    piggle5 Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    i still have the collection of original 151 pokemon in mint condition, i remember opening my first pack and getting a holographic chansey, and even though its a wuss of a pokemon its one of my favorite.
    Trueblue94 Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    POKEMON!!! To this day, I still love the games. With the TV show however, the first season is my favorite because it's the one I grew up with. I can bear to watch Johto and Hoenn, but I was upset with some of the changes, such as great characters and Pokemon being ditched. *sigh* I miss Misty and Vulpix (my most favorite Pokemon). D/P is a disaster. A few 4th gen Pokemon are actually cool, but most looked like the artists were drinking when they thought of the designs. They have enough Pokemon right now. If they make more, the new Pokemon are really going to overshadow the original 151.
    nick Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    The early PokEmon is the best. My favorite is Charmander. He's sooooo cute!!!
    jerrythemouse Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    =) one of my 1st obsessions, god i loved it at the time, glad it came into my life
    krazoom Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    The first was the best but I don't agree that it got stupid after that.. I think after Johto it fell off.
    supersonic Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    fox kids tv-into wbkid tv-into 4kidstv and thats, well who knows whats next.
    supersonic Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    fuc nyc and the towers and kill the people yeah boye! but pokemon will end end the year 2015
    . Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    deh new eppysoda's a43 73a Sux0rz! D3m 01d 3pp3rs0d3s 4r3 73h Sh17!
    foxfan Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    This show still would have been good if Misty hadn't left Ash and Brock... :(
    Kiddems Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    I would have to say the very first series was the absolute best. Then it just got kinnda stupid after that.
    Ohhileo Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    I always watched this when they played it on SM:TV Live, excellent series!

One of the best Pokemon I had in the game was a a Lv100 Machamp nicknamed 'WarBastard'. Unbeatable.
    seans_angel55 Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    the only good pokemon season was the first one
    MissHolly Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    I love pokemon. I still watch it as often as possible and play the games =)
    Kale Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    idk
    dededeisawesome Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    anyone see the new pokemon movie rise of electachu
    Benjanime Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    akat, there are a total of 493 pokemon now
    akat Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    i remember when it was just 150 pokemon.......that was fine. a couple hundred more? that's neat. now it's upwards of 400!.......dang the 90s were a lot simpler.
    FoiledDragon Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    Wow, Pokemon's 14 years old in video game years and 11 in tv years...it's getting too powerful.
    FoiledDragon Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    Kanto/Johto, nuff said.
    saralaverdure Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    I liked pokemon way back in the day and I remeber how popular it got to alot of my friends got alot of the pokemon card too. lol I still got them. I also remeber that it got soo popular it got on the news here in canada ottawa ontario on the New R.O.
    Darien Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    This was an amazing series, I don't watch the new ones they can't compete with the classics. My two most fond memories of this series was the trading card game and the old gameboy games. They were the best trading and battling your friends and raising your own pokemon.
    NeonFire Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    I loved the original Pokemon series and the Johto series. It brings back so many memories. I played the old Pokemon games with friends, I traded cards in school (and even played Pokemon: The Trading Card Game for Game Boy) and was just totally obsessed with Pokemon. I had Pokemon movies, Pokemon clothes, Pokemon calendars, Pokemon puzzles, Pokemon everything.
    ssjblueyoshi Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    The original series was the best. they started to get bad as time went on
    Ilovedginger Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    Oh boy...I remember this phenomenon way back when i was in primary school about 9 or 10...all i can say is this made me do some crazy stuff like fight with people when playing the card game that i didn't fully understand...lol...it was harmless fighting though just some pinching and slapping...i watched it religiously and collect the stickers that came in lollipops and stuck them all over my bedroom.

I was really good at the time though but now I'm like what!!! Why did i watch that cartoon. I was a kid though.
    ubermann1 Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    i love the first season of pokemon it was as stated amazing but it did in fact copy digimon contrary to popular belief plus digimon was alot better and it still is unlike the new seasons of pokemon
    Sota Posted 6 years 3 days ago
    I remember watching the first episode. made me cry (as do a few other episodes).I even traded cards in school like everyone else, unfortunately i got a bad dead every time and didn't know it. in my opinion pokemon is STILL being milked for everything it's got. i swear if they come out with a fifth generation i won't wanna play anymore >.
    80sbabyjones89 Posted 6 years 9 days ago
    pokemon was the shit!! and it took over america! i watched every single episode of pokemon. and dominated the card game. me and my friend used to fight over pokemon cards. they were evil in a way. IM A FUCKIN POKEMON MASTER! and if anyone wants to challenge me.... i still have my crystal version!
    cheesychalupa Posted 6 years 15 days ago
    This was the best ever back in 98. I actually cried during the episode when Ash ran from Pikachu. Crazy.
    LAUR3Nlx0 Posted 6 years 22 days ago
    Pokemon was the best! i watched it all the time.

i wish i knew what's going on in it. haha.

i recently watched "Pokemon the first movie."

=)
    Kiharu Posted 6 years 24 days ago
    I used to love the Pokemon show, I pretty much got annoyed after Misty left and May came in. Every episode I saw was about May and her stupid ribbon contests. And Dawn with her beauty contests isn't any better. The Pokemon games were cool until after Pokemon Silver, Gold, and Crystal where they started to suck, excluding the Red, Blue, and Yellow remake.
    emmamania Posted 6 years 25 days ago
    my brother and i used to watch this all the time together...good memories.
    animemaster0x70 Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    pokemon is still a great show!
    CandyCane Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    Was an obesessed fan...thank god the fad is over!
    Chibii Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    yay pokemon!! the original episodes are retro now, and i love um!
    It was my favorite show when the huge fad came out, i had pokemon everything. toys, clothes, it was on my bed, i had a kite, and the cards and i even had the pokemon cereal lol
    i like like pokemon now, but i don't bother to watch the show much
    gangsterpokemon Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    I used to watch pokemon in my country,but then i became bored of it cause it showed same episodes and the old games was old and difficult.
    PHILRYABKIN Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    Pokemon was so awesome back in the day.
    Backfromthedead Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    whoa, ash was ten?!? i thought he was like, fourteen or older. its amazing how anime makes people look so much more mature
    xlxxmasexxlx Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    I Dont Think The Craz Has Gotten Smaller I just Think That the Show Has gone Down Hill. Its the Same Thing Every Epsiode Team Rocket Trying To Take Ashs Pokemon And other Pokemon. And It Always Ends When Ash Uses His Pokemon To Stop Them And Then Somthin Blows Up And Team Rocket Fails The End. But I Always See My Little Brother Playing Pokemon At Least An Hour And A Half Everyday In Fact All His Friend Meet Up and Battel In Trade At Least Once A Week. But POkemon I Think Will have A Good 5 Years Before It Really Ends. But Who Knows Maybe Kids Will Still Be Playing Pokemon When We Are 80.
    00125 Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    My favorite memory from Pokemon was when the closed captioning screwed up dialouge and lyrics. Pikachu was captured and screamed "Cha" as he was apt to do and the CC said "No, stop". Pokemon don't speak english (except Meowth...and Entei). Also on the 2nd intro, the lyric was "I want to take the ultimate step", but the CC said, "I want to take the ultimate SNACK". I thought to myself, "Seriously?" How does the CC screw things up like that. How does ultimate snack even sound correct?
    mimitchi33 Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    I loved Pokemon,and I still do today!
    Kurohitsuji Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    I still play the non-spin-off games. For the Anime I prefered the 1st 2 generations (Would've been better w/o the edits...). It started to fail & get stupid afterwards... Oh well. It'll be here forever, heh-heh-heh.......
    beavistv Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    the show is ok but the games are better red and blue are the best!
    This_guy Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    I used to watch it before I left for high school in the morning. I just thought it was some random anime show, not some phenomenon heading this way from Japan. I eventually caught on to it and bought the games (red, yellow and gold) and a couple packs of cards. I realized that it wouldn't end and stopped being interested in it when they started the Jhoto series.
    cky67 Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    sucky show like bomber man
    Super Blue Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    sucky show
    ilovemohawks Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    After the second movie [my dad fell asleep only three minutes into it & I was bored out of my mind so we left], I hated pokemon [the show]. I still have my cards somewhere, if only I could find them. :) Anyways, it was amazing when I liked it [I still like it as cards & stuff but the show just bores me :/].
    CartoonNetwork90s Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    I used to love Pokemon, but not anymore. I like the first one. I hate the new ones so much because, they suck.
    Gopherbassist Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    Jinx is supposed to look like Ganguro. As far as I know, it's just a sweird fashion thing.
    LittleMissChatterbox Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    I stopped watching pokemon before the Master Quest season. I still play the games, though.
    TurboDuo Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    I still love the original 151 Pokemon.
    Bokura63 Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    i LOVED pokemon back when it first started. it came on right when i got home from school in 2nd grade. cause i got home at exactly 2:30. remember that one episode called "pikachus goodbye"? i sobbed so much during that. Then i honestly think i was the only one crying in the theatre during the first movie when ash got turned to stone. ah..good old 7 year old days.
    Brit_Brat Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    I only play the pokemon games now- once they switched Ash's voice I couldn't take the show anymore! lol
    arianit Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    I loved this show when i was a kid and the pokemon games are amazing
    insaneclaw Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    I only liked the old episodes of pokemon that was awsome but the episodes they banned was just retarded and they should just burn in hell
    Toasty Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    I will forever consider the time when Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/Gold/Silver the last time when Pokemon was that good. I think all the over-marketing and teens and kids fighting even killed for a few cards is what made Pokemon's grip slip. That and the more new Pokemon that come out every new game, you get tired of them afterwards.
    jeffo872403 Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    If You Look at since the begainning Misty and Ash love each other,if you look at it Misty is always(sometimes) on the defence for ash,also Misty is also defence for Brock.That's coming from me who watching Anime pokemon porn.
    RetroToon Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    So if you look at my older posts here now and you see me talking about how I like the show so much that was when I was still a hardcore fan, but now I really have begun to grow out of it.
    RetroToon Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    I also got off of Pokémon recently cause of D/P but that's because I thought the new Pokémon weren't that great anymore, and if you compare the 4th generation list to the older ones there seems to be less new ones now (maybe they're finally losing ideas).

Oh and Blue96sky, they're not defenseless if they have powers. XP
    jeffo872403 Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    I seen the banned Eleletric Solider Porygon did anyone see it!!! ITS THE POKEMON SHOW OUT THERE!!!! IF YOU WANT TO SEE IT,THE BEST WAY IS LIMEWIRE!!!!!
    jeffo872403 Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    I used to love pokemon,now I just like to watch reruns.The 1st 3 seasons kicked ass, now I don't know how the Japs. create new pokemon,I could be a millioner if I just put words together like pomon,rulermon,you got my point.
    Blue96sky Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    Traping poor defenless creatues in puny balls AND BRAINWASHING THEM!! PS. What is a chansy Used to be good Games were good
    Blue96sky Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    pokemon is really dorky my best freind got me hooked on it But Dimond and pearl makes me think it's dorky That's how I got off it Pokemon Sucks
    tenspeedgbb Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    misty is a babe haha and chansey would kill goku dbz bitch
    Bomberman Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    What the hell? You're a fucking Dragon Ball-licking fanboy obsessed maniac. Leave your stupid opinions to yourself and your friends, not on Pokémon's RetroJunk page, all right?
    Blue96sky Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    DRAGONBALL Z IS WAY BETTER POKEMON SUCKS
    Blue96sky Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    pokemon SUCKS!!!!!!!
    Bomberman Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    Thanks, too bad when I change my avatar people looking back on this won't get the joke, haw.
    0wlman Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    ^^^^LOL to the comment above. Nicely done!
    Bomberman Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    "There was alot of great episodes of pokemon. Everyones has there favorites, But there was also so some promblems with some episodes to. Pokemon Electirc Soldier (banned) due to 684 Kids Seizures Or Mild Epilepsy/Blindness. The Cause Was Flashing Red/Blue Screens."

Oh really? Wonder what that looked like.
    Narf Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    OMG POKEMON.
    I was obsessed with Pokemon when I was little. That, and Powerpuff Girls. I still like it. The games, anyway. They ruined the anime. Ash's wardrobe changes every season and they got rid of Misty. What the heck? Kids who watch the show now don't know what they missed. I think the anime was way better back when there were only 150. I remember that song "What Kind Of Pokemon Are You". The song said 'kick your grass' and I thought it said a swear word in it. Speaking of swearing, the three-year-old boy I babysit calls Ash "the A word". It's so hilarious. XD
    skywren Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    ok they showed pokemon in 1996
    funguy10 Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    Hmm. I've grown used to the TAJ voice actors so probably the only bad thing about the TV show is the Contests.
    Cartooncutie_29 Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    this was one of the greatest shows of all times!!!
    Shiny_Tulip Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    Yoshi7Link Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    I really really loved this show. Well the first few series anyhow - where there were only 150 Pokemon. But in my opinion, they completely destroyed the show by adding in all those new Pokemon and getting rid of Misty. I mean, what the hell? There were 150 Pokemon, without knowing or finding any hint or clue as to any others in existence and then all of a sudden, and whole new Pokemon race appears, that's just nuts! And getting rid of Misty, she was a prominent character, why do that? Everyone could see that she was meant to be with Ash - well when they got older!
    But apart from those two reasons, I really loved the first series!
    atomic_monkey Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    it was cool for a long time but it's gotten lame
    Nightbane Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    I used to watch this show when I was 3rd grade but now I don't watching it anymore.
    charizardtrainer Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    It still syndicates on Cartoon Network
    charizardtrainer Posted 7 years 2 hours ago
    I don't think Alex Borstein was Delia Veronica Taylor was lets remove Alex because she did not work for 4Kids
    charizardtrainer Posted 7 years 1 day ago
    This show rocks I remebered that it syndicated 72 times a day when I was little
    MusicPanda Posted 7 years 26 days ago
    pokemon is still on, dude! youtube!!
    MusicPanda Posted 7 years 26 days ago
    Somebody needs to delete ggooggooggoo's comment! it ruined the whole page D:
    blueluigi Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    ggooggooggoo: WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!?! Why do you have to stretch out the whole page. And also this show IS still on TV you hypocrite! Cartoon Network airs the Diamond and Perel season AND the original Indigo league (which comes on Cartoon Network at 6:30am) you could catch the show at those times. Look up a schedule on TV.com or TVguide.com for pete's sake.
    blueluigi Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    Could somebody please delete ggooggooggoo's comment?! He strectched up the whole freaking page!!!
    ggooggooggoo Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    pleasssssssssssssssss put pokemon back on tv !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ggooggooggoo Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    pokemon is relly fun and the show is relly cool so pleas put pokemon back on tv
    ggooggooggoo Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    hi ive always loved pokeymon but im wondering why pokeymon isint on tv every one wants pokeymon to be back on tv i think you should still sell the deks red blue yellow and green
    rnorred06 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    Well I'm 21 now & I haven't been into Pokemon for a long time since about mid 2000, but I still have all my cards & I still play the Red & Blue version games every once in a while. I think those games are one of the best games of all time.
    Grandpaladin Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    Don't forget the early 00s!
    NickelodeonFan97 Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    This was a great show back in the 90's. It's not as good today, but it's still entertaining.

And I've always loved the video games.
    agentkev Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    I added five new vids for pokemon.. they are all japanese but very good..hope you enjoy them :)
    RetroToon Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    True... I'd also like to see Ash grow up myself. All they've changed so far is his clothes, and I know a lot of people made a big deal of that, but new clothes don't change who a person is. And as much as I miss Veronica Taylor's voice, Ash's new voice almost makes him sound more mature like he's finally gotten a bit older. I'm sure someday they'll have the conclusion to all this planned.
    shadowprophet Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    well your right about that. And ashes character has hasnt changed all that much. But still im waiting for the story to evolve, I mean ten years is a lot of time and it doesnt reflect in the show, I wont lie I was an adult when I started watching pokemon, im even older now It doesnt have to change drastically, and the pokemon world wouldnt have to change at all, But isnt it about time ash finely became a pokemon a master? I'd at least like to see that before I die of old age, lol
    RetroToon Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    Well, not exactly. One of the things that kept me watching the show was that it always focused on Ash. Misty may have left and now May is replaced with Dawn, but the story is always about Ash. That "Power Rangers" treatmeant DID stop me from watching any more of Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and of course Power Rangers, but the reason it hasn't for Pok'emon is because they never turn away from their main hero so Ash doesn't suffer the same fate as Tai and Yugi Moto.
    shadowprophet Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    It was 1994 when the original pokemon came out the the game boy in japan, Im pretty sure that the 84 was a typo. It was somewhere around 96 when the cartoon was made I think. anyway, im not a pokemon expert, they have given pokemon the power rangers treatment changeing out the cast every couple seasons.
    It's just a dreadful show anymore.
    agentkev Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    animefan123,..all the voices((well almost)) where changed not just james..
    RetroToon Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    Love the games and loved the anime as well. ^_^

I found the characters to be appealing, and despite some differences (the Gym Leaders Misty and Brock traveling with Ash with only two members of Team Rocket to deal with) I thought the storyline followed the Game Boy games nicely. And the fact that they keep adding new Pok'emon didn't bother me, cause what would really make Pok'emon repetative is if they DIDN'T. I mean, what's worse... seeing Team Rocket all the time, or seeing the same 150 Pok'emon over and over? By adding new Pok'emon to the games they keep the games interesting, and of course they have to introduce them into the anime as well (even when we had to say goodbye to old characters in the process). The only thing I don't like about the series now is having to get used to those new voices.

Pok'emon was always my favorite anime and just one of those things I've been obsessed with, and I still like it to this day.
    yonoid Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    alex borstein was not ash's mother! It was veronica taylor the same actress who plays ash
    animefan123 Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    guess what i just found out? they changed the voice actter again! James from teamrocket!
    gillz107 Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    ^^^ 1984 - 2006... did I miss something?
    I haven't read through ALL 191 messages and counting...
    SuperSpaceGirl Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    Memories of Misty 1984-2006
    xRetroChickx Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    this brings back memories i can member when everyone was obsessed with pokemon , btw where is the original intro in english :( lol
    Grandpaladin Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    Ash may seem like an idiot and the animation may seem a little 2nd rate, but that's to an advantage. You see, the first five seasons (the optimum areas to watch) was Ash's quest for humility and maturity not to mention intellect. From the 1st onward, the animation and acting improved, thus Ash improves himself. The only way to completely fulfill his quest was to beat Gary in a league. I seriously doubt Ash would have done that without Heracross, Snorlax, Bayleef, and Charizard.
    90sgirl08 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    I wish they would have created something for Team Rocket to do besides get tossed out to the moon by Pikachu and Ash's pokemon.
    rufis Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    i loved the move intordusing the 10 seein i cant waton tell june on tell the new epasosd come out happy 10 bday pokemon ps i move i like on the top screen are 2 3 4 9 12 18 19 i think they have in very deaf of the songs in jap and amaraca
    animefan123 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    Now its to hot! Now its to cold! Teamrocket is all washed up! i haven't seen that episode in years and i remember it!
    rnorred06 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    I miss when everyone was into everything about Pokemon. I still have all of the trading cards in one of the drawers of my dresser. I still play the Red & Blue version games constantly & I am almost 21 years old! Those games are one of the best games ever created "PERIOD"! Even for people that aren't into Pokemon anymore. I still even have Pokemon Stadium for N64. I was into Pokemon for about a year from summer 1999-2000. My first holographic card was a Charizard & nobody I knew had one then. I never traded it until somebody else got one.
    verno Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    i used to love his the trading cards were kl the things that stared trading card the voives werecrap so were the cartoons and lets threw in some crappy looking monsters and what do u got pokemon
    animefan123 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    I had no idea they banned some episode just because of jinx! I always liked her, i thought it was funny how she kept on kissing Brock! lol
    rufis Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    ps i all so have moves on vhs and a lot of the video games
    rufis Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    i have every thing that i ever got so far i have the 151 origenel card set and other cards i even have a fue 10 annverare toys and some orrigenel toys stell moc i even have a stachu of ash and pekacuh of the 10 annversare
    RetroShooz Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    This Show Definately Sold out a few years after it came out. I cant even count how many Trading Card Series they have. They should have stuck with the original 150 Pokemon + Mew & Mewto.
    rufis Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    if pokemon arid in 1995 on tell now woodent ash be 22 by now da!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    rufis Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    happy berth day to u happy berth day to u happy berth day dear pokemon happy berth day to u how old are u now how old are u now how old are u now how old are u now happy 10 anmversare pokemon !!!!!!!!!! i love pokemon happy berth day
    KrazyJoe Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    Pokemon pwns every show!
    rufis Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    i all so like how they are doing this right now betwen having dobling battling and having difrint kinds of contats
    rufis Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    i cant wate the 10 seension is coming on in april i cant belive pokemon is doing so good for its self i love pokemon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    midnightwings91 Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    I was one of those obsessed lil kids with books of pokemon cards and stuff... the show kinda sux now though...ash really needs to grow up ... literaLLY how long has he been 10
    KrazyJoe Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    Well I personally think that pokemon is a lot better than power rangers because pokemon didnt have the bad guys running around in suits...
    Celeste Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    The only thing about this show that I don't like is that it's become all about how many times Team Rocket can blast off per episode. Where as in the begining it was all about the Pokemon.
    rufis Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    i wont to let every 1 no that misty is the jim leader and gary was at a reserch lab i was reading every wons comments were is gary and misty well there u go people and brock was with ash in the battle front tear now they split up a gen if u wood watch the newer epasoids u wood no
    jave4azn Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    lmao, you do know ash is voiced by a woman
    EarthwormJim_Guhroovy Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    Man, I was all about Pokemon when I was 11. I had the cards, video games, and countless toys. I'm 18 now and I'm not much into it anymore, but I kept most of the toys. I think the new series is kind of gay, so I only like the first season. I still have a soft spot for Pikachu and James. I agree with the very first poster that Team Rocket was the best. I always thought Ash was kind of a pansey.
    sailor_moon_girl Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    i like digimon and pokemon
    Matli Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    shoot them all!
    blueluigi Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    Brendan is the male character that you play in Ruby and Sapphire. I think he also appeared in Pokemon Jirachi Wish Maker.
    Copper20 Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    The old ones were so funny! The new ones I find are bad with May and Brendan and even Max!
    Twilight Ganon Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    Propably the best theme ever made besides to TMNT. But that's only my opinion.
    Retron Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    The original game boy games were awesome.
    This cartoon and all of the other merchandise = BLAGH!

The theme tune is fun though.
    DarkwingDuck4ever Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    Wow...that's an example of how to make money with crappy stuff...I hated it so much...played some videogames, but I hated the show so much ._.
    Same goes to all the other shows only to sell crappy merchandise like Beyblade, yu-gi-oh etc
    blueluigi Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    nicolle_is_cool: Same here, the original Pokemon was the best and yes always liked Pokemon and still do.
    blueluigi Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    I didn't like this show as much as I liked the video games, but since I'm a big fan of Nintendo, I wouldn't really say that I hate pokemon. I like to play the video game and watch some episodes of this show (though the old school pokemon is so much better). I will always like Pokemon no matter what.
    Hexon.Arq Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    ^ It would be the single biggest cash cow in the history of all entertainment!
    ganon Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    Pokemon was one of my most favorite animes ever!!! XD I actually posted this show on Retro Junk in the first place, you know! ^_^ Now if only Satoshi Tajiri and Hideaki Anno would fuse Pokemon and Evangelion together and create "Pokegelion" or "Evangelimon" lol
    I love Japan so bite me!! Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    America fucked it up
    MicroMan Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    Pokemon was great and anything else that was anime. Has anyone seen the new "Pokemon Chronicles" on Toonami?
    nikki89 Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    When I was 10 this(and NSYNC, but that's a different story) was my life. I got out of it shortly after they added the new Pokemon, though. It's a shame I still remember the theme song, and the thing Jesse and James said.
    St. Jimmy Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    It's amazing how you were addicted to this show when it first started when you were young, but then you get older and you realize "My god, this is the stupidest shit i've ever seen in my life." I'll admit, I was one of the many kids who's life revolved around Pokemon,I had tons of the games, toys, clothes, books, videos, cd's, I even still have my card collection in my attic. One christmas I got nothing but Pokemon stuff, except for a Hess truck. I told you I was addicted.
    BabyCharmander Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    I wish you "Poke-haters" would realize that Pokemon is about the games, not the show. :/ The mainstream games (Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, and (in a year or so) Diamond and Pearl) are the heart of the whole Pokemon phenomenon, NOT the anime, and NOT the cards. ¬¬
    pizzaguy Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    I hated this show because I knew this annoying kid who kept saying "Pokemon are real, I saw a Diglet on the way to school." And then I would tell him they weren't real and he'd go ask his dad, "Hey Dad, aren't Pokemon real?" And his dad would say "Why, yes they are son." It was so annoying.
    Jake 1079 Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    it took me quite a while before aculy playing tha games to.I remember every one in grade school talking about it and I was just like ? about the whole thing.the very first pokemon game I got was ruby version and for the next 5 mounths it was a blast.then after getting a game shark all the fun just slipped away.and even after starting a new game I just couldnt stop yousing that device.and even today I'm still not very big on the pokemon fab.to tell you the trouth there are many games I've played that for me are more amussing then pokemon.
    Jake 1079 Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    well after about 8 years this show has really started to get on my nerves.it was neat at first but its still just the same team rocket trying to steal pickachu and always failing crap.you think they could have tryd something new once in a while like replaceing the main characters villions and pokemon for a new cast to freshion up the story(like pokemon chronicles for example).
    BabyCharmander Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    Heh... I'm one of the few folks who liked Pokemon not because of the fad, but simply because it was an awesome game. It was the games that caught my attention first--not the fad. :P

I loved this show when I was younger (around 10 or 11). I kept watching it for a few years but gave up on it not because it got "stupid", but because Kids WB made the stupid decision to show the eps out of order for no reason. :/ I couldn't follow it after that (around the beginning of the Johto season), and gave up.

I still play the games, though. I can't wait for Mysterious Dungeon.

Oh, and to the person who said that the people who made this were on drugs... not true. If I recall correctly, the person who made it got the idea from when he was little and went on adventures in forests collecting bugs.

And to those who say that the show is "gay" meaning "stupid" (although it is "gay" if you mean "happy" :P), grow up. The same goes for you that say that the show and games aren't violent enough. Really. Grow up.
    mr.funky Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    each season gets crappier and crappier...
    its like they ran outta ideas for new pokemon, like they just took pikachu and made different looking copies of him...
    I must say though...MewTwo was the coolest pokemon EVER!!
    SSJ Jup81 Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    I don't think Pokemon is going to ever end until Nintendo stops putting games out for it.
    shinestar Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    its still good bad news is they are getting new voice actors for the show now that 4kids gave all rights to pokemon usa inc.
    SquidMan93 Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    I used to love this show, but now I hate it. The first season was the only remotely decent season of the show.
    mrs.link Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    and thanks for the info on shadow mist's avatar SSj...w/e. I think that the guys working for orochimaru were called atsuki or something, i knew he looked familiar, i thought he had orochimaru's curse on him...ummm sorry off topic....
    mrs.link Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    wow, way to go on the summary of the legend of pokemon, but so ya know, ash i think is like 13 now and yeah...but way to go, thats an excellent way of putting pokemon.
    The new guy Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    Th weird thing is. There seems to be no end to this series. Please someone stop the mayhem. But continue making new games. The games are pretty good.
    takineko Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    I remember it first aired on Fox kids durring spring break. I was in 7th grade, and since i was out of school and had no plans i watched it from the begining all that break. Then when I went back to school, everyone else had watched it too, and were all talking about it XD
    Rhimmer Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    I remember waking up early every weekday before 7 am to watch this show on UPN. Then it stopped at the end of season 1 and then Cartoon Network got it and stoped showing it around season 2. Now WB has it.
    dakid Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    i was a fan since the premire episode.. after the seven islands episodes came up and all those new pokemons started coming out i lost interest... i still think the first season was the best
    ganon Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    "misty was still fine, even though she was tit-less"
    Oh, she had 'em, all right!
    superbrat Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    I was shattered when misty was taken off! but if you look closely May has the same exact face, she seems boring...who knows
    ganon Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    Gawd, Misty is a HOT MOMMA, man! I'd take her in a shirt and pants over Jessica Rabbit in a bikini any day! Rowr!
    Rajak Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    I love the first intro there's just something about it that invokes so much feelings and memories.
    sewage Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    Blah, it's still cool. I just got the third movie for Christmas :)))
    Celeste Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    Yeah that's what it says. I think Pokemon has had its run just like Yu-Gi-Oh! did. :)
    BlueMario Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    WHY that's a werid question! It IS GONNA END IN 2007!!!
    For pete's sake!
    ganon Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    Whatever you say, man! Let's call each other man, man!
    ganon Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    some guy told me about misty dress-up game on newgrounds. people are just wierd, ya know. it's so ridiculous that lots of guys have stupid crushes on misty! lol
    ganon Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    Well you posted that she's hot! NOT!
    ganon Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    I just laughed when James inflated his fake boobs and he starts teasing Misty and says "Wait till you're older so you will have these. Then come back and compete!" HILARIOUS! LOL! But why the HECK do all you guys (including benjamillion, the guy who posted about the banned episodes) think that stupid flat-chested girl is hot?! That's just weird....
    blueluigi Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    Is this show really ending in 2007?
    ganon Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    my favorite is bulbasaur, man!
    90sKid Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    my friend got me hooked on this show. it was awesome and i saw the first 3 movies. pikachu is still my favorite
    Units1019 Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    Love the games and the first intro to the show has one of the most kick a$$ themes ever. It really captures the spirit of what Pokemon is about. I am a pokefanatic by the way
    ganon Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    Nobody wants to laugh at my comments.;_;

Fine, I'll laugh at the comments that will make you cry!
    MISTY'S DEAD!! LOL!!! MWA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
    shinestar Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    sorry they put may in i didnt put that in
    shinestar Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    yeah its great and always will be now with in and she is played by the woman who plays ash in the show
    ganon Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    Oh, and by the way, Misty gave ninja monkey his third wet dream! lol
    ganon Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    Next year, ther'll be a new season which is about the adventures of Misty, Gary, and Tracy back in kanto. Sorry, but ash has to be replaced, too, just like when burger king fired kid vid and replaced him with these little monster thingies. lol
    Sheik Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    First season: classic.
    ganon Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    I like it better than ever, man! Just 150 of them, BO-ring! More than 200 new Pokemon later (300 next year)it's better than ever! The only downside is that there's no blood!
    SSJ Jup81 Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    mrs. link: I forgot his name, but he's that freaky weirdo from Naruto whose twin lives within him (I found that one the most disturbing out of the group). They are servants, pretty much, of Orochimaru (that's the mark they got from Orochimaru) and were on a mission to fetch Sasuke from Konoha.

I think they appear in like the 120s ep wise, or something. I can't really remember, and it's been a long time since I've watched those particular eps. I know I did like the fact that Shikamaru was pretty much in charge when it came to that mission...and I think I'll shut up now because I may end up spoiling it for you. I'm not sure if you've seen any of those eps yet.
    mrs.link Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    once again shadow mist, who si ur avatar?
    she-ra21 Posted 8 years 10 months ago

I liked the first 4 or 5 seasons of this. Now I really don't care.
    Shadow Mist Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    I used to watch this all the time when I was a kid and I was completely obsessed. But now I am more mature and to me it seems so childish. The new episodes are getting old and this fandom is slowly but surely fading away...
    SSJ Jup81 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    Ironically, I'm listening to the song now. I simply love it! It's pretty much the first original-themed song I ever heard. Sang by Matsumoto Rika, who voices Satoshi (Ash) for the original version, so if you're curious what Ash sounds like for the origina (it's him in the beginning of the intro saying, "Pokemon, Getto daze!!";).

Nope, I'm not Japanese and nope, I've never even been to Japan, though I'd like to visit someday. I might next year.

I was a fanatic of this show and I used to go to a Pokemon message board. They had the original opening up. I saw it, and liked it. I saw the other intros/endings too which are also cute/nice. Now for teh newer Poke-seasons, I don't know anything about those, 'cept for the very first Pokemon Advanced Generation opening, but I didn't like the song much.

The second intro for the reg series is Raibaru (Rival), a great opening sequence, imo. The song complements the sequence very well. Matsumoto Rika sings this too.

Intro 3 is OK!. I prefer this to that boring old "Pokemon Johto" crap that we got. I actually prefer the movie-version of this song to the TV version.

Intro 4 is Mezase Pokemon Masutaa, only it's done by a group called Whiteberry (just recently broke up since they graduated school, to my knowledge). Nice song, but I prefer the karaoke cause I don't like how they sing.

Intro 5 is Ready Go! This is a nice one too.

Yep, I've grown very nostalgic from posting all this here. *Listens to Raibaru now* lol

Oh, I also listen to Japanese music a lot. Not just anime-based stuff, but mostly stuff by certain artists/groups (Do As Infinty, Namie Amuro, Akino Arai, MOVE, Gackt etc)
    mrs.link Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    hey ssj jup81, are you like japanese, or did you like used to live in japan, cuz u seem to know how to say alot of japanese stuff and you know the original opening to this. I had never even seen it before in my life.
    SSJ Jup81 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    Ooo, the first original opening! Mezase Pokemon Masutaa!! I haven't seen that in years!! Man, I'm growing all nostalgic and missing season 1 of Pokemon now. lol

Wish I had all of the origianl first season on tape or something with subtitles.
    SSJ Jup81 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    I used to love Pokemon...but after we lost the station here that aired it, I lost interest in it show wise. I used to like the games too, but it's gotten too redundant and it's annoying how you can see something that you think it's a plant-type, when in reality, it's a fire-type or something. The set up is still the same too, which is another reason why I'm "bored" with it.

Every once in a while, I may hear about an ep I may actually want to see (ep 147 of Pokemon Advanced Generation comes to mind; it's all about James and his actually having to go back to his estate), but it's not like I will.

Oh, and Ash will never "catch 'em all". That was made up for the English version anyway. That phrase doesn't exist in the original.
    mrs.link Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    plecotomus, you hit the nail on the head. About everything. The cards, the games, the shows.
    Plecostomus Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    I loved the Game Boy game when it came out. The collecting and training of MULTIPLE characters, and in some cases, in replica. Even better, when MISSING NO. was discovered. Heck yah! I caught a level 150 bulbasaur and a level 30 garbled piece of crap that kicked ass! Missing No kinda sucked. He had 2 flying attacks and almost no health...
    But the show! The show and the cards were kind of togeather. They both were... fun... but there were certain points that made them unbearable. WHY DID THE MONSTERS KEEP RECITING THEIR FRICK'N NAME!!!! "Mr. Mime!" BY THE GODS! I could only watch the show twice. After that, it just got too unbearable. The cards' graphics just sucked. There was maybe only four worth while drawings, the rest, a bunch of waste. I played for about two months before I realized how much money I was wasting! A hint to anyone still playing the card game, Magic the Gathering is so much cooler.
    devin_b Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    I doubt that part will ever be shown. The show will probably be taken off the air before then. I have heard that next season Ash returns to Kanto to go through the Battle Frontier like in the Emerald game, only that was in the Hoenn region, not Kanto. There are also episodes that never aired, and not because they were banned. There's no actual reason for it as far as I know but these episodes aired in Japan and the UK.
    mrs.link Posted 9 years 3 days ago
    also another question:does anyone know if ash really did ever become the pokemon master and catch them all?
    mrs.link Posted 9 years 4 days ago
    and i agree with the dude who said the japs do veerrrrry heavy drugs...very heavy. man watching the beginning theme really took me back like nothing else has....hehe my brother and i ...it brings a tear to my eye thinking ill never be able to go back to see it all over again, just keep on going forward with life.....
    mrs.link Posted 9 years 4 days ago
    will someone pleez answer my question if they can. What was the difference between the jap and american version. Or even better, what was the manga like?!
    DieYuppieScum Posted 9 years 17 days ago
    One of the most over marketed, competely annoying ,mindless dribble that has ever molded itself in to a cartoon, videogame,toys, Cards and any other thing you can think of.... I think they beat Power Rangers for the amount of useless crap manufactured bearing the Pokemon name, but Iam not certain.
    mrs.link Posted 9 years 29 days ago
    welllllllllll does anyone know what the jap version of pokemon was like?? was it more voilent or the same? i mean c'mon with all the pokemon fightin and crap there should be a little blood shed and cursing. I was soooo suckered into this as a kid and ever since they started adding all the new pokemon i was like okkkkkk byebye. I never understood the card game but my older brother did and one time we got my mom to bye us like a $100 card (charizard) and was all cool and crap. Ohh lol i remember one time for christmas we both got booster packs in our stockings and (well several actually) one of them was french and i got like a first edition blastiose holographic. he was soooo pissed lol. He traded me like half his cards for it. Now we got like these uber good cards somewhere (like millions of them all holographics and i dont know where they r.but we are gonna sell them if anyone still wants them that is. But onto subject. And when they started adding these new characters and taking ones off and changing ash's clothes i got pissed and pretty much stopped watching it. And now everyone is like into yugioh cuz that show is that SH**!!!BUT WHEN ITS ON AND I HAVE NOTHING TO DO I WATCH IT. oops. and its a good thing im not epilitic or else id be screwed watching this show. soo yeah all in all this show started off with a bright future but they screwed in the end. pokemon, u entertained us well .
    Phantasmagoria_3D Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    The show was good for its time when the Poke'mon craze was HUGE!! The game's were especially good, though when compared to today's standards, they just don't stand out as well anymore. As for the characters: Ash wasn't much of a hero, Misty was quite annoying (then again, what anime girl other than Melfina from "Outlaw Star" isn't?), and Brock was pretty cool, though kind of an idiot sometimes! For some reason when I was younger (in about the seventh grade) I used to have the HOTS for Nurse Joy! Anyways, a pretty good cartoon program for kids. I'm 20 now, BTW.
    devin_b Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    It really isn't as good as it use to be, especially with Misty gone. About the only decent thing going now is with the new enemies Team Magma and Team Aqua. They take their job more seriously and succeed half the time, unlike Team Rocket.
    Forgotten sin Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    i miss the days when it was good.
    Derrick Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    I with Mirage on this one.
    ADH_adh Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    The AIRED is when it was aired in the USA? I remember the pokemon scandal with "Electric Warrior - Porygon" ep in '97