Comments

Comments
    funguy10 Posted 6 months 1 day ago
    The Shrine of the Silver Monkey--how many kids' dreams of going to space camp were crushed by that one room?!
    Tdogmaster Posted 3 years 9 months ago
    Olmec use to give me nightmares back then but I loved the show for some reason.
    Dougfunnie Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    I used to be into this show, i would try to answer all the questions right. I got so crazy at the end when the teams had to go through the temple and back. I always thought they were too damn slow!!!!!!!!
    blackranger238 Posted 4 years 8 days ago
    I always wanted to be on this show
    Bluj200 Posted 4 years 6 months ago
    Man I was 8 and 9 watching this show and I swear I would never get any questions right lol
    ZachCallaway Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    This show was awesome, although Olmec's second career as a GPS designer didn't go as well:

//tinyurl.com/OlmecsGPS
    ZachCallaway Posted 4 years 8 months ago

://tinyurl.com/OlmecsGPS
    superhumansamuri Posted 4 years 9 months ago
    this show was awsome! i remember how they all had to make it to the shrine of the silver monkey! and before every game the talking stone head would say lets rock haha
    Redhead Metalhead Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    I remember I always wanted to go on the show with my girlfriend. Looking back now, I'm sure my girlfriend would've been real scared, though, so I'm glad we didn't.
    Jt62786 Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    I use to watch this on Nick GAS . I wish they had that TV Channel OMG.
    bcbolo Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    This was a good game show. I always used to get scared when the people jumped out of the walls in their rock costumes.
    superqborg Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    axora Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    i always thought as a kid that this was a rip off of Power Rangers >.> i was a stupid kid!
    GawtxJenny Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    wow..me and my little sister use to bet on which teams would win lol
    fwbkidd Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    when these shows came out I loved but hated em..only because I wasn't big enough to actually compete, but I strongly felt that these kids on here sucked big time..like they weren't try hard enough to win these tests.
    HelloMyNameIsEllie Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    My Fake Leg, I read your article, people did beat the temple!!!!!!!!!!!! They still show reruns on Nick GAS ((i know that Dish Network still has it on)) Yeah. && on Turbo Nick on Nick . com

=/ They need to bring it back to all cable services i miss it.
    HelloMyNameIsEllie Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    I always always always wanted to be on this show, along with guts & double dare. WHY did they get rid of this??? Dont you see Shows like this would be very very popular now!!!!! WERE FREAKING OBESE AMERICA!!!!! lol Bring back the game shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!! = ) Honestly, the choice is yours && yours alone. Who will be going in first??? I WILL!!!!!! = )
    MyFakeLeg Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    We absolutely loved this show growing up. In fact, we enjoyed it so much, we wrote a giant article about it. You can read all about it here: www.myfakeleg.com/articles/legends-of-the-fucking-impossible.html. Long live Olmec!
    ironmanfan Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    this show kicked butt!

I miss it!
    CGxSMASH Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    aw i used to watch this alll the time. it was like the first 'game show' i think i ever saw.
    knuclear200x Posted 6 years 4 hours ago
    this show was cheap, with those damn temple guards all over place randomly
    CandyCane Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    This show kinda bore me though.
    ProspectJLP Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    I remeber going to that sound stage and walking up to the Temple when I did a taping of U to U (another Nickelodeon show from the past.) Nickelodeon should never have left Orlando because I loved the shows that were made there.
    zomnificent Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    This was the only Nickolodeon game show I liked.
    ilovemohawks Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    It was okay. I didn't love it, I didn't hate it.
    Bokura63 Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    ZOMG!!! HOLY CRAP! I USED TO WATCH THIS ALL THE TIME!!! last time i saw it was when i was at my gf's house in like..august. i forced her to watch it with me, rofl
    classicnick93 Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    I watched this all the time when i was i kid but the temple gaurds scared the shit out of me! This was probably the best gameshow on nick
    EZR09 Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    I saw Legends of the Hidden Temple on Nickelodeon and Nick GAS.
    starstix Posted 7 years 1 day ago
    Hahaha I made my b/f watch this and he got in to it! Funny!
    mkyremixed Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    i found out that the show is going to be taken off the air soon,

the show was so awesome
    TheOrangeRanger Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    Best...Game show...ever. I'd like to see adults try those courses. 8)
    sailor_moon_girl Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    awesome show but omec scared the hell out of me
    rnorred06 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    Nooo! Nick just took this show off of the air & replaced it with stupid Fairly Oddparents. It was even suppose to air all through next week. I hate Nick again & will continue to unless they put this show back on the air & keep it on. >:( More kids today need to watch the shows from our time (the 90's) to see how cool Nick was back then compared to now.
    rnorred06 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    I just watched this show at 7:30 this morning & it looked so unbelievable to see this show finally back on the air after all these years. I loved this show a lot as a kid & I still do today & I am almost 21 now. Gosh, I hope Nick keeps this show on the air for a while as long as it gets a lot of views. Next they need to air GUTS & a few of the other old game shows. It was sad at end after the credits to see Nickelodeon Studios since it is no longer around, but I love Nick sooooo much more now that Legends is back on the air. Good Job Nick!
    aholland Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    Such a sweet show! And at 6:30 a.m. CST it is on regular Nick!! So happy! Now there is something decent on TV at that time for me to watch before school...high school that is :D
    kittabug Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    OMG I don't get that other fancy Nick channel, but for the past week its been on regular Nick at 7:30am. I'm 20 and still want to be on this show so badly. I don't want a prize or trip or anything, just to have fun. But also to this day, I think I'd cry when the Temple gods attacked me. lol
    stuseph Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    BEST SHOW EVER! I loved this intro back in the day. I know you guys are obv huge fans of the show too so check out this link i just found!
    I just picked up all the team shirts from www.HiddenTempleTees.com
    Blue Barracudas, Red Jaguars, Silver Snakes, Purple Parrots, Orange Iguanas and the Green Monkeys!

My favorite team was the silver snakes ... what as yours?
    Acorna Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    I remember the kids that would struggle with the temple guards and like 3 more guards would come out of nowhere to drag the kids out. They used to scare me when I was like 7 :(

Looking back...even the grand prize wasn't too big, not compared to today. Total value of at most $250 (pair of bikes)? Lol, in retrospect, so cheap.

Still, this was one of my favorite shows and every now and then I still watch it on GAS
    AvsFn Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    I dont remember this show that much just little bits like the temple guards and the shriiiiiine of sillllver monkeey. Now I can watch it on gas though its fun to see how stupid kids are when they get into the temple. this show definately has to come back with new obstacles and all that stuff.
    dalmatianlover Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    Awesome show! On my list of top 10 shows I want to bring back to Nickelodeon, this is my #1!
    JetPixi Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    damn that silver monkey
    Olmec87 Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    Blue Barracudas FTW!!!

EarthwormJim_Guhroovy Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    It's hilarious!
    EarthwormJim_Guhroovy Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    I loved this game show. Also check out this thing from youtube that someone made with Olmec.

Acorna Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    This show used to be amongst my favorites, I was always waiting for one of the kids to try to escape the temple guardians, a few attempted, but more guardians would pop out and catch them! XD

Classic.
    sailor_moon_girl Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    i wish they bring this show back
    daydreamer1 Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    This show freakin' rulez!!!!!I had like 20 episodes on tape!And I'm still looking for it :(
    Cheryl9383 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    Holy COW!! Darn I thought of this show for like a million times asking my friends "hey you remember that game show with that temple and those kids running around?'' LOL :P Gosh thanks to this site I remember now!! Gee thanks now I can die in peace! j/j :P I got to say this site has really OPENED UP ALOT OF MEMORIES! I have told my friends and relatives about it and there like Hey we used to watch those after school!! This site RULES!!!
    funkkid Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    yes i watch it on nick gas to
    retro_junkieee Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    i still watch this on the nick gas channel. thank the Lord for digital cable. =] i really wanted the silver snakes to win. they were my team.
    kimsy520 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    this show was cool for the first 5 episodes
    shorty spice Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    I enjoyed this show a lot. My cousin got me hip to it. Now my nephews enjoy watching re-runs on Nick's GAS station.
    G UNIT Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    I loved Olmec...I wonder whatever happened to Kirk Fogg...And i would remember getting so frustrated when somebody was taking their time in the temple...i watched it soo much that now after like a minute of watching somebody go through the temple i can tell if they're going to make it or not...I wish the show was still on cuz i've always wanted to go through the temple.
    Daikun Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    That was one of the last of Nick's good game shows. Olmec was cool. I hated how the temple guards would jump out of random walls randomly, making the winning team ultimately forfeit. And it happened ALMOST EVERY EPISODE. >:( If they took out those damn guards, maybe there would be less losing.
    Mystie Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    Wooow! I totally loved this show, it was fantastic!!!
    Leesta Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    go purple parrots! :) loved this show, even though the talking aztec guy creeped me out a bit
    Trashley Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    This still comes on Nick GAS. It's not as good now as I remember it being years ago.
    Cybertooth85 Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    This one they ran through a giant, Meso-American themed funhouse looking for pieces of a medallion to (what else?) win prizes.

Eary stages were physical challenges as well, against other teams. All the teams were (partially alliterative) animals: Purple Parrots, Blue Barracudas, Green Monkeys, Red Jaguars and the Silver [blank]. What was the last one?