Comments

Comments
    Retro Wop Posted 3 years 2 months ago
    This was and still is my favorite detective show right next to The Rockford Files. Magnum played brilliantly by Tom Selleck who would actually talk to the audience with quotes like "Okay, I know what you are thinking" and he would draw in the audience to the story. And how could you not like Johnathan Quail Higgins, whose shirt was so stuffed it could stand up on it's own. Having Ric and TC in the show also made it very likeable because they were like real guys that you would have for friends. Magnum had the life, live in a nice guest house with no rent, driving a Ferrari around Hawaii, working on detective cases with beautiful women, that kind of life is most mens dream. One of the things I think that made this show such a success was Tom Selleck. He would relate to you like a normal person and he seemed like a pretty normal guy with feelings and he didn't always win in the end like most shows. I was really sad when this show went off the air. I have a lot of respect for Tom Selleck, he is a great guy in real life and a down to earth person. If there is a remake it would be great if Tom Selleck played Magnum again. I don't think anyone else could sell the part of Magnum except Tom Selleck.
    misssaucey Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    i love this show! just bought season 7 for my birthday.
    Interplanet Posted 4 years 10 months ago
    This was my favourite show.
    I was really sad when it was over. This was the only show I've seen two times in my life. The hungarian and after the original american version.
    Goofball Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    One of my favorite shows when I was in high school.
    cgimovieman Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    I was just a little kid when Magnum had it's run, but I remember loving it and wanting be Magnum. I mean, he got all the girls, had adventures in Hawaii, flew around in a helicopter and got to speed around in a Ferarri. I also remember that, growing up in Michigan, I liked his signature Tigers hat. I was never even a Tigers fan, but just the fact that it connected where I was with Magnum P.I. made it cool. If you ever read some of the trivia and bio about Tom Selleck on IMDB, you'll actually see that he's a really honorable guy. He turned down the role of Indiana Jones to honor his contract doing Magnum. Then the shooting of Magnum was suspended for the while when Indy was shooting Sheesh! He also used the 350K bonus that he got for the final 8th season to buy lavish gifts for the whole cast and crew. Rolexes, Porches, and $1000 checks. Cool stuff!
    MagnumPI747 Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    This show was one of my favorites from the 80's. I used to watch it with my parents. Even then, I loved the stories and the characters. I would give anything to get ahold of TC's Hughes 500D chopper in that awesome island color scheme! There had been rumors of a re-make, movie coming up in the near future. I hope they do it justice!
    CartoonFan2780 Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    For those of you who do not know this, Magnum, p.i. is now available on DVD. I personally own the first 7 Seasons. Anyways, I loved this show along with Simon and Simon when they were on TV. They do not make Dective Series like they used to.
    pearljamownzyou Posted 7 years 20 days ago
    I always thought this theme was majorly kick ass.
    Bradly Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    I as well loved both Magnum P.I. and Simon & Simon. I actuall remember getting so bored with both shows during the end of both series but not after 20 years of not seeing them. I watch both shows now on a fairly new channel called Sleuth. I was not happy that at the beginning of the year that stopped playing the A-Team and Knight Ridder but at least I can see those on DVD. NBC Universal seems slow to release more seasons of Simon & Simon on DVD. I

I don't even watch many new TV shows as there is no talent anymore and everything is about sex. Magnum P.I. did have love scenes or whatever you want to call them but the majority of the show was on the cases he was solving. Today the shows are based too much on the sex lives instead of everything else.
    MegtheEgg86 Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    Forget its retro status. Magnum P.I. is STILL my favorite show, hands down.
    The new guy Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    On a Tv series? I don't now
    All I do know is that the world most famous detective was revived after being killed a book earlier.
    After about a million letters the writer decided to bring sherlock back from the dead.
    Mr__D Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    A little trivia for you all; Tom Selleck (Magnum) was the first choice for Indiana Jones in "Raiders of the Lost Ark". His contract to play Magnum cost him the part, which later went to Harrison Ford.