Comments

Comments
    DMAX Posted 3 years 2 months ago
    WOW, REALY, I caint believe I still remember this, it wasnt even on for that long.
    hawkmoons Posted 3 years 6 months ago
    Was Stupid, but I still watched it and found it amusing
    princess of power Posted 3 years 8 months ago
    They're stronger than old cheese, they're tougher than dirt! I love the Samurai Pizza Cats! Watching this on youtube makes me feel like I'm 12 all over again. Awesome!
    rpm61787 Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    Japan is stupid. These cats prove it. Yeah lets let cats fuled by pizza fight our country's crime. Get Real Japan
    RetroFreak97 Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    I've never seen this series, but a good friend of mine has, and I'm wondering if anyone knows where I could see it, because I like 'checkin out anime's that I've never seen before. :)
    superhumansamuri Posted 4 years 9 months ago
    i only kinda remember this show and i also remember likeing it alot,there was a famicom game of this that never came out in america
    nday gibson Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    this was a great show i loved it
    benton gold Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    WHAT?!?!?
    Cosgrove Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    Watched this, X-Men, and Mummie Alive! every morning on UPN. The channel also played Mighty Max, Extreme Ghostbusters, Jumanji, and Beakman's World. Great morning memories!
    Gzuss_09 Posted 6 years 18 hours ago
    Will somebody cue that bird?!

Samurai Pizza Cats (oh yeah), who do you call when you want some pepperoni?
    Samurai Pizza Cats (right on), they're stampin' out crime and you know that ain't baloney.

There's Speedy Cerviche, he's the leader of the bunch,
    A heck of a fighter, makes a heck of a lunch,

And little Polly Esther, who's never afraid (thats me),
    Of going into battle when the bad guy's invade.

There's Guido Anchovy a wild romantic lover,
    The cat gets down, down with a love hangover,

Samurai Pizza Cats, they're so bad,
    They've got more fur than any turtle ever had.

They're stronger than old cheese (stronger than old cheese)
    Stronger than dirt (stronger than dirt)
    If you step on their tails,
    then your gonna get hurt. (don't hurt me).

Samurai Pizza Cats (they're fightin crime),
    All over town

3-2-1, Pizza Cats are on the run

The big cheese is a villan, who's lower than low,
    It's a bit of a shame he lives in Little Tokyo.

We've got our nasty Bad Bird and his nasty Ninja Crows,
    As soon as someone finds the script, we might begin the show.

Sit right back, pick up a seat and turn the sound up high,
    And if you want the full effect, go eat a pizza-pie!

theblueblaze_1 Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    I actually became a fan of this just to spite my friends who loved the Ninja Turtles. I never denied to loving the Turtles, but I always stated that I like SPC more. I thought I was lying at first, but over time I realized that I actually did like the Pizza Cats more than the Turtles!
    square eyed spaz Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    Along with Astroboy and Sailor Moon, I hold this cartoon directly responsible for my obsession with anime that I developed throughout my childhood and still have to this day... Pollyesther rocks!!!
    Mad about drumming 87 Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    I just rediscovered this show last week...awesome. I loved it as a kid, and I think it's hilarious now.
    OsiaBender Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    Oh, I like it...
    I watched it again 5 years ago on one of the Russian channels and it was awesome!
    Bokura63 Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    i used to wake up in the morning and watch this with my sister. ah man..the good ol' days. I liked the blue one..what were their names again? Anchovie....>.< that;s the only one i remember
    EZR09 Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    I used to watch Samurai Pizza Cats when I was on vacation when I was moving into middle school.
    Lady Mew2 Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    I missed this cartoon. :(
    beekeeper Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    All I can say is that.. the day my boyfriend sang the entire song to me .. I knew he would end up my husband.
    rosariopatric Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    Wait... let me get this straight... cartoon that was made in Japan in the mid 90's as a parady of the Sd gundam series, is to you a parady of Eastman and Laird's TMNT, shich was orofianlly satrted out of their garage as a quarterly B/W comic waaaay back in 1983, and yet you think that it was based on frank Millers Daredevil from '86?

You sure you arent thinking of that foulr color turtle crap that Archie comics group was spitting out in the late 80's

and yes I Still have my first printing of the original TNMT comics, including the four full color trade paperbacks printed up by FIRST! comics
    PirateNinja6 Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    One of the only animes I will sit down and watch for several hours.
    PirateNinja6 Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    Man, this show was so stupid, it was tight. They spell the name of the show wrong in the theme song :P.
    IMPRINTSTUDIOS Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    OKAY... Lets get this straight... Eastman and Laird were Americans who came up with a pretty cool storyline, very loosely based on events that occured in Daredevil issue 1. Everything else was a fun romp in the sewers involving talking animals fighting crime with ninja skills. And the pizza thing happened a few times in the original comic book.(circa 1986)Archie comics got the liscense ,and 'kidded' it up, making them less ninjalike. Samurai Pizza Cats was a fun retooling of a Japanese toon that foolish Americans wouldnt understand culturally, so SAban did something right for a change, and created one of the funniest cartoons ever made!!!
    sailor_moon_girl Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    i think they show it on sci-fi now on mondays
    Raptor27 Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    I loved this show! It may be old, but it's a lot better than the mind-rotting trash that they have the nerve to call cartoons these days. Speedy, Guido, and Polly were hilarious, in how they dealt with Bad Bird, his goon squad of Ninja Crows, and watching Big Cheese blow up every time Speedy, Guido, and Polly foiled his plans was hilarious. I miss the good old days when I could actually look forward to watching GOOD American cartoons.
    cartoonfan4life Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    This cartoon rocked so much! I use to watch it every morning before going school which made it all worth it as a kid.
    ducktalesfan1977 Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    Swift Heart, ever heard of The Secret Life of Waldo Kitty? That's another show with cats as superheroes. But it was probably before your time.
    Matli Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    hehehe...that's a long time ago...sure was great!
    DK1988 Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    I REMEBER THIS I USED TO WATCH MONKEY MAGIC TOOO
    swift heart Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    this was a show back in the day where geting up in the morning or run though the back yards after school was worth geting in time for the show

this was one of my favorit shows what other show has cats as super heroes?
    casey10221 Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    o.o
    Owepar Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    I somehow missed this one altogether, but a quote popped up and the title of the show caught my attention. All I can say is, "Okay...."
    neo_prankster Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    I do remember seeing this show only once, and the word "pizza" being in the title indicated that it was an imitator of TMNT as some of you pointed out.
    Nikadimas Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    OMG I completely forgot about this TV show until I saw the intro. Ah, the memories are flooding back now.
    takineko Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    I loved this show, its strange to me that they made what they call "the big cheese" a rat when he's clearly a fox. Very cute show lol
    Strykor Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    My favorite scenes on this show involve Luciele. Whenever she gets stressed out (which happens 90% of the time) parts of her hair and clothing open up to reveil homing missles, and she only needs a quarter of a second to lock on target, which happens to be either Speedy, or Guido, or (again 90%) both. You can always tell when she's going to fire when you here these four notes, and please correct me if I get them wrong; on the treble clef from down going up: G, C, A, C.
    Arklier Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    I remember this show fondly, since I was taking Japanese at the time. It was mostly on in the very early mornings on weekdays and kept shifting to different time slots, so I could never catch it with any regularity.

Anyone got the English version of the intro?
    sewage Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    I remember catching glimpses of it, but I never knew when it was on. I only remembered the theme, thank god I did too!
    kimsy520 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    I vaguely remember this, but not fully.
    Units1019 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    This show got me through my mornings when I did not want to go to school. So funny!!
    SSJ Jup81 Posted 9 years 4 days ago
    It had a comedic aspect, along drama, and also action. I bet this show could also fit under "sentai". What I truly meant was that the show was comedic, but not to the extent Saban made it. Even the dub intro and ending should show that.
    SSJ Jup81 Posted 9 years 15 days ago
    "Also, my basis for SPC's "drama" aspect is mainly coming from the manga. I haven't gotten around to watching original eps yet, just read over the manga and since most series are based on its manga, I'm going with that."

Oops, forgot to add, if its animated counterpart is very different from its manga counterpart, then I stand corrected.
    SSJ Jup81 Posted 9 years 15 days ago
    Now why would I sit around here making something like that up? I was saying the overall plot was supposed to be drama, not comedy, but that was changed by Saban. Yeah, the show have "comical situations", as most shows aimed at kids, but not everything was supposed to be humorous. Like I said, they turned the main villain into a big joke.

I even gave an example of another show that was "changed" and had added in jokes for the sake of it or dialogue where there was no dialogue. Saban dubbed Digimon Adventure, and they screwed up characterizations (season 2 was horrid, so horrid I couldn't tolerate to watch the rest of the dub version of this season), or added in unnecessary, or bad bad jokes during "serious situations" (final battle in season 1 comes to mind).

As for which country is better, I feel that it is highly irrelevant and truly unnecessary. Of course there are some things I like better for our country (not as old-fashioned), and then things I like better when it comes to their's (music for me).
    DrThrax Posted 9 years 15 days ago
    TyFlame, I am going to try not to make you cry, but this needs to be said. You are what is called “retarded”, this means that you are not smart enough to exist in normal society. Now you know why when your parents talk to you they use the word “special” a lot. From now on TyFlame, you will be known as TyFlamer!

You have a point with the video games, but the coolest video games are from America. Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, Counter Strike, Rainbow six, Metroid Prime, Myst I, Myst II Riven, Command and Conquer Red Alert 2, StarCraft, WarCraft, Cyborg Justice, Half Life, and the list goes on. Yes the japs make more games, but most of their games are stupid. Almost all of their games are the same too! You have the Final Fantasy and then you have this Crono crap and then you have about six dozen (that is 72 for you who can‘t do math) other gay RPGs that are just grotesquely lame to play! It is just bad, let’s leave it at that.

It is really a shame that you list things like Guard Robots and other junk like that to show that Japan is more advanced then us. It is even more a shame that you would think that Japan is more advanced then us to begin with. Japan sure does have a lot of great stuff coming out of them don’t they? I am sure that all the kids who get happy meals at McDonalds really love those toys. But that is a mean thing to say, the Japs are good for other things too. Like cheap shoes, cheap cartoons, cheap computers, cheap TVs, cheap cars, and a cheap place to test our atomic bombs on. If Japan would be wiped off the face of the earth right now all it would be known for is 1) The only atomic bombs ever dropped were there )cheap products. That is it.

In the end what I am trying to get at is The United States far out beats Japan.

For those who love math:
    America > Japan

For the gamers
    America pwns Japan!

Now to get to SPC. It’s a piece of crap.
    Plecostomus Posted 9 years 15 days ago
    ^^Japanese Garbage is exactly what I said. Besides, did you even read the rest of my post! I said modern American animation was crap, but I'm talking about shows they actually take their time on (Sonic SatAM, Centurions). I'm not saying all Japanese artwork is bad! Look at Silent Hill or Resident Evil! These games are excellent forms of Japanese artwork since they don't have those frickn' greasy huge eyeballs and orifices in their head the size of watermelons called "mouths." I've stated all this in an article on the Forums! These are characters, not serious drawings! I'm talking about background artwork and detail! Just find it in the forums and shut up! If you want to keep taking, go to the "mrs.link-ok plecostomus, lets settle this animation quality" in the forums! Maybe if you read (and learn to spell), things will make a lot more sense to you.
    DrThrax Posted 9 years 18 days ago
    ARG! I leave for a while to enjoy some peace and quite and my friend Pleco has to tell me that you guys are getting out of control here. Well it is time for me to come back and straighten you guys back out.

Let’s see what we have today. We have some retard saying that this is a dramatic cartoon. WHAT! Man! And I thought Cyfer was stupid.

Ok just wait one second, a dark drama. That is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard ever since Bill Clinton said “I did not have sexual relations with that woman”. “Saben” may have changed the words but you don’t even need sound to tell that it is a show for little kids. It is comical if any thing. Think about it, they are cats, they work in a pizza shop, and they get launched out of a large “gun” on top of their pizza shop. If you ask me that is not material for a dark drama. Just watch the way they move around, hell just watch the first episode. In the first fifteen minutes there was two of the SPC racing through town trying to deliver a pizza. I wanted to cry it was so dramatic, it touched me deep down inside. PLEASE! This is no dramatic cartoon; this is cheesy entertainment for pre-schoolers! “Saben” may have changed the words, but not the animation. It would not be a dark drama; it has talking animals in it. That is considered “funny” not dramatic.

Hey buddy, don’t insult our intelligence. Even Cyfer can understand that this is a comical show.
    Plecostomus Posted 9 years 18 days ago
    A cartoon drama!? About humanoid cat monsters that save the animal village!? Oh, give me a break. Just the concept of this show is a joke. Nope, if "Saban" dubbed this show, it probably was a comedy. Since you didn't list any sources from your information, SSJ Jup81, I can't verify any of your statements. Just from looking at the situation (unless, when they dubbed it, they pasted cat and other animal heads on top of their distorted humanoid characters) it just looks too corny to be taken seriously.
    Helldragon. Your not a god, sorry. Never read of you, never heard of you, don't think you’re super intelligent, and frankly, I hold very little respect for you. Get off your ego trip and join the others in worshiping me, savage!
    Rudolf44 Posted 9 years 21 days ago
    Brilliant show!
    SSJ Jup81 Posted 9 years 25 days ago
    Pokejedservo: No, honeslty. Originally,as in its Japanese counterpart, this show was a drama. When it got dubbed over by Saban, like most everything they dub, it was turned into a comedy.

They even turned the main villain into a joke for this show. They gave this show a narrator who gives his input and make goofy jokes. When Speedy was about to get killed in the final ep (well so everyone thought), they were cracking jokes there about the artists of the show not painting tears or something.

Just looking at stuff like Digimon shows how "bad" Saban is when it comes to dubbing stuff from overseas. I mean, they put in jokes where there really weren't any originally and even dialogue. Could be a dangerous situation, and they're cracking jokes.

Saban just isn't good with shows like this, it seems, but luckily, Saban is no more, for the most part.
    Guillermol17 Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    More fur than a turtle ever had? Some cats are envious of the ninja turtles!
    Pokejedservo Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    Dark Drama? Oh please the show was still a kooky satirical comedy even in its original form. Its just that the dub was different. Overall a great show nevertheless...
    SSJ Jup81 Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    This show was hilarious! Sure it's 100% different from its Japanese counterpart which was actually a dark drama, but what the hey.
    DrThrax Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    Helldragon, of all the SPC fans out there (all 3 of them), you are the coolest. But no, I really do not like the “Water Pets” thing. If you re-read some of the other posts you will see that I included it with my junk list. Look at 10/10/2005.

To tell the truth guys, I am dry on comments on the SPC. My final words are.

1.) This show sucks.
    2.) It is hazardous to your health.
    3.) It is the gayest anime out there.

If you want to quote me on any thing you may do so.
    DrThrax Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    I didn’t realize that they allowed you to get on computers at the Special Olympics, Jake.

Let me think of a show that I like that you can go rant about. ….. …..

…..

……

…..

Oh yes I almost forgot, the Water Pets commercial! Go rant on the Water Pets commercial and I will be mad. I will be madder then you can think, I may just formulate a plot to get back at you. It would rip me apart inside.

But

Helldragon, when you go back to hell, please take the SPC with you.
    Jake 1079 Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    It may be a little late to say this but I just wanted to mention to surcampilot23 that a few months ago when I was leaving my last comment I didnt intend to say it was a proble I was born with I acully ment I was a bad speller like Cyfer I just wanted to make it clear that I am not retarded and I do not intend anything gay like specal olympics I can handle a keyboard just fine and like Cyfer I am also done arguing about this show tofrom now on I am only comming to this part of the site to watch the intro and this will also be the last comment I leave hear as well from this point on I know longer care if the show is a TMNT's rip off or not I am dont with this show period!!!! and if anyone else who visets this part of the site leaves a comment about me being in a gay retard program like specal olypics or being retarded or even about my spelling mistakes or typeing to fast with the keyborad;( I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH AND KILL YOU IN A NASTY ALIEN VS PREDATOR FASHION!!!!!!!!!!! THEN I WILL DISPLAY YOU SKULL ABOVE MY FIRE PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT INCLUDES YOU TO SURCAMPILOT23!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eeem that will be all I have to say you can go back to your argument now DrThax and Helldragon.
    DrThrax Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    Do you suffer from schizophrenia? You said “us fans”, I think you’re the only one.
    DrThrax Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    Most likely not from HM2000 but you will most likely get one from SPC.
    DrThrax Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    Thanks for noticing but it is the man with the gun that’s important. It is from Heavy Metal 2000, kind of an odd movie.

You are going to get some weird virus from watching that too many times…
    DrThrax Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    My dear Pleco…. If I was to use the “real” president’s name a government agency would make me disappear. Gorge is a fictitious president of the United States.

So you are going to watch the Intro because you are not afraid of Nazis? Now that I didn’t see. Maybe the show stuck in the phrase “Tora Tora Tora” (look that up if you don’t know what it means) in there some where. I told you this show isn’t good for Americans or humans in general (which includes people in Canada). From what you said, I am not sure that the Coke you’re finishing is Coca-Cola…
    Plecostomus Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    Who is Gorge? Man! You shouldn't be talking about spelling!
    DrThrax Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    I noticed that mistake too after I had written the post, but unfortunately there is no “modify post” or “edit post” button here. I may have spelt a word wrong, but at least I try to keep every thing correct. No apology, Cyfer doesn’t even try and for that I bug him about it.

I didn’t care for TMNT much either, it was just the best thing on. If the SPC were on, I never watched them. I am glad I never watched them because I would most likely end up like Cyfer where every other word is misspelled. This site is “Retro Junk”, the only junk I see here is the “Water Pets” commercial and this. I think that SPC should have stayed a “was” and have never resurfaced, not even on this site.

I am going to write the president a letter that says “

Dear Gorge,

It has come to my attention that you are fighting a war on terror. I wish you the best of luck in your escapade, but we have are own terrorist problem here.

I have some inside information that the anime show Samurai Pizza Cats is linked to the terrorist Bin Laden. Any thing linked to terrorist activity must be purged from America. I would like your support in starting a group that would cleanse America from this burden.

DrThrax”

Two things would go wrong with this letter. I signed it DrThrax, and I used a lot of big words. Other then that I think I might get a good response.

DOWN WITH SPC AND ANIME!
    Plecostomus Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    Speaking of Japanese art; not all their cartooning styles are crummy (I just find anime pretty effortless and simple to create). Heck, look at Silent Hill 3 and 4. Now why can't they make cartoons like that? I mean, forget the fact it’s CGI and look at the styles. I've seen CGI anime software and it stinks, but Silent Hill STYLE takes the cake. Not dissing Japanese artwork, just anime, it sucks. (However most modern USA cartoons are pretty crappy! Just look at Ed Edd and Eddie (SP I don't care how to spell their names))
    DrThrax Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    ^^^ Ok, I am going to be easy on you because you must be like 5 or 6 years old (judging from the spelling alone). Now let’s start with the spelling. Maybe you should make some flash cards to study these words:

Comparing, you spelled it as compairing.
    Anime, you spelled it as Animi (you miss spelled it twice).
    Plus, you spelled it as pluse.
    Turtles, you spelled it as Turles and as Urtles.

I am not going to go into the fact that you were using the wrong YOUR and THERE because that would take too much time.

Now I have to agree with you when you say that anime is better then today’s American cartooning, but that is not true in all cases. Usually the thirty minute cartoons that you see on Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network are fairly bad, lack of story line, lack of art, lack of creativity. Back in the 80s and early 90s American cartoons were much like anime (except for the fact that every thing was drawn to proportion). Even today some American cartoons surpass anime. Most of the time they come in the forms of movies such as: Finding Nemo, and Heavy Metal 2000.

On the counter part, anime was like the American shows today back in the 80s and early 90s. Shows like Speed racer, Astro Boy, and Samurai Pizza Cats all lacked creativity and story line and they even lacked art. Each of those were thirty minute shows with their own little story every episode which had nothing to do with any other episode.

It is nice to see that some of the voice actors went on to do better thing with their talents. Sonja Ball the voice of Polly Ester voiced in Heavy Metal 2000 as Kerrie. A.J. Henderson who was the voice of ‘Big’ Al went on to vice in Splinter Cell and in Still Life. Mark Camacho who was the voice of Spritz T. Cat voiced in Prince of Persia: Warier With In.

SPC are one of the devastating effects of the atomic bombs that we dropped on Japan. That may be one of the reasons that we no longer drop atomic bombs on people, or is it because we have nukes now.

Before you go and never come back Cyfer, tell me what are Ninja Urtles. Are you on crack?
    DrThrax Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    Cyfer, you make my bowels cramp. Before I beat on you for proclaiming this show above any American show especially the Ninja Turtles, I am going to tell you how to run your posts through word.

1. Before you post what you are going to say highlight your statement and right click.

2. A box should come up and an option for copy should be there, press that option with the left mouse button.

3. Open Microsoft Word.

4. Paste in a blank document.

5. The words that have red lines under them are spelled wrong. Right click on the word and from the selections given to you, pick your word.

6. Copy the statement from MS Word and paste it in the "Comment" box.

7. Press add

Now people might think you have some intelligence (though it may be small).

Now to get to the show.

Dew to Cyfer's request I downloaded an episode of SPC using LimeWire. I waited as the file transfer completed and then scanned it for viruses. I played the show. Lucky for me it was the American dubbed version. I watched the intro (which we have all unfortunately seen) for the standard 5 minutes or somewhere close to that. It was just like any typical Anime: eyes drawn out of proportion, talking animals (whole damn city filed with them), and happy colors.

I watched the whole episode with out blinking. When sound stopped coming from my head phones my left eye began to flinch uncontrollably (that has only happened one other time, that was when I watched RoBo Cop). Some how i gathered my self back together and said "Holy shit! That was horrible! Makes me want to pee my self."

That show was the MOST God awful way to waste life. They say that if you watch cartoons with talking animals in it you are more likely to abuse animals when you grow up, well I now want to go kill every cat I see thanks to this show. I bet that the ESPCA was the one who took this one off the air.

I hope your happy Cyfer. I am now messed up for life thanks to you and the Samuri Pizza Cats.
    Plecostomus Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    ^What!? Are you comparing American quality to Japanese garbage! The lack of texture and detail on their artwork turns my stomach almost as badly as your spelling abilities! THERE IS NO CONTEST BETWEEN THESE TWO! Let’s get down to it! Look at the quality of the scenery between this cartoon and TMNT! What's all the shiny crap on the damn Jap stuff! I'll tell you! It's lack of effort. Why do you think they can pump that garbage out as fast as they can!? True, the United States artists are falling to the pit with lack of quality, but hell, check the backgrounds on some of those Looney Toons. THAT'S RIGHT! Looney Toons kick this show's ass big time! Man! Even Astro Boy sucked! That's all I had to say about your damn comparison of American to Anime (Check the spelling it's Anime not animi)! BY THE GODS! WHAT A POINTLESS COMPARISON!
    DrThrax Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    This was really GAY! Why would they make this! Corrupted me big time and I have only seen the intro.
    Phantasmagoria_3D Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    WHOAH! This second intro posted here for "Samuri Pizza Cats" is far better than the U.S. version! The only difference is that the U.S. version is funnier and the Japanese version is more action-packed! I'm glad someone submitted this one because I've never seen it before!
    neba Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    I used to watched to this show back in high school. Its Garfield, Mega Man and Ronin Warriors rolled into one sushi. I also remembered the samurai getting mecha-cats later in show. Kinda weird but I liked it. ^_^
    Mystie Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    I
    pokinsmot Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    lol i forgot all bout this show...
    CheezNapkin Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    I never heard of this until a while ago.
    But they're so cute :D
    Jake 1079 Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    P.S. I know my spelling sucks. dont blame a guy for being born with this proble.
    Jake 1079 Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    HEY your takeing this the wrong way.I like thias show a lot better then the ninja turtles anyway it's cool it's funny and as Cyfer says it kicks ass,and there not mutantas anyways,I wold apesiat it if you'd stop the pizza cat insults already and I'm sure that Dude 660 and Cyfer would to if you dont like this show then leave and go to the ninja turtle section, my last comment wassint finished anyways the computer just froze up.so PLEASE STOP IT WITH THESE INSALTS ALREADY CAUSE BELEAVE IT OR NOT THERE ARE PEAPLE THAT LIKE THIS SHOW!!! UP YOURS SAMJ3SUS :(
    Jake 1079 Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    THEY GOT MORE FUR THEN ANY TURTLE EVER HAD!?!?! that quoat would be very true I mean doe's anyone hear realy want to see the ninja turtle's coverd with hair anyway?just because they you'se the word turlte you all get a weird idea of theis show copying the ninja turtles.i have a lot of thing's to debate about that but since Cyfer already sayd a bounch of it for me i'll skip right to the point[ A SAMURI IS CONSIDERD TO BE A JAPANIES VERSION OF A KNIGHT
    Phantasmagoria_3D Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    I remember the first time I ever saw this show back in late '96 when I was in the fifth grade. For a children's Japanese anime program, the animation was good, the characters were funny and enjoyable (even if they were sometimes annoying), and the action sequences were nicely executed! Unfortunately, I never had much of an opportunity to watch an entire episode because my school bus would always come ten minutes after the show just started! (I did catch maybe one or two full episodes at one point or another) Now that I'm 20, I realize how darn cute this show was! Btw, I understand what some of the people here mean with this being a copy of "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", but when you think about it, it's more of a copy of those braindead live-action children's programs like "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers", "VR Troopers", and "The Big Bad Beetle Borgs"! But despite all this, the storyline was still fairly original, the characters were original, and the villains were also original! They even made an NES game based off of it (believe it or not) that you can download and play if you have an emulator! One more thing, that theme song was very catchy, and I still remember the lyrics by heart even today! :)
    SONIC Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    I remember this show hahaha, man. i dont know i actual liked almost every old cartoon show i watched both from the 80's and 90's. i mean they had good stories, plots, characters, voice acting, action and of corse f-fine explosions everywhere.

id rather watch SPC's then most dam shows today.

well besidse the Simpsons and family guy.

oh and The TOAD WARRIOR shot thingy was the rip off of the Turtles not this show .
    Plecostomus Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    This is the annoying Japanese version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as Swat Kat and BloodShed have pointed out! They practice martial arts, they love pizza, and they mention the turtle part in their intro. Besides that, did anyone notice how long this intro was! I remember disliking the show as a child because even then I could see how much of a rip-off this was! Maybe if they didn't like pizza (which is the biggest hint to me) the show would be tolerable. TMNT all the way!
    dude990 Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    Ever see a turtle get fired from a cannon into action?
    Shows like Pizza cats make TV worth watching, yeah the cats have hints of TMT but the plot and story have nothing in common.
    Actually, I remember TMT being slightly repetitive, this adult and kid tailored show was a refreshing alternative to shows that youve seen every episode of seven times over.
    Besides, if you ACTUALLY watch the show you see 'The Turtles' might be the king of cool, but 'The Cats' are cool, hysterical, and cute. There you go.. Kind of like a Raphieal Trio.
    Jake 1079 Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    well guy's above it's a known fact that samerias and ninjas are two differant things, pluse ninja turtles was made in the united states this show was made in japan so they have no keen relasionship what so ever.