Comments

Comments
    pdfsmail Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    I love this soo much... Have every ep on DVD, in order, best watched in order btw to follow storyline.
    Remember watching on Nickelodeon!
    racerx004 Posted 3 years 6 months ago
    MCOG is now available for instant streaming through netflix!!! I may not be able to have it on DVD right now, but I will definitly take advantage of this.
    tulipjones Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    Oh lord I'm so glad to find these clips I swear my sister and I would rack our brains forever just trying to remember this cartoon. Our Mom would wake us up super early and I remember this being one of my very favorite cartoons! Thank you Retro Junk....I love you!

~Tulip Jones
    Units1019 Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    Its currently out on DVD as of April 7th here in the US, although it seems to be hard to find. I think I might just order a copy off of Amazon. I can't wait. Loved this show as a kid
    craigio101 Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    thank god i found evidence that this actually existed! lol
    wasnt sure wether it was a real or just a figment of my childhood imagination
    PunchTheClown Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    Oddly recently I sent out Emails To nickelodeon and the like to see if they would put this, Spartacus and a couple of other shows out on DVD. heh
    Now to wait until they come out in America. :)
    Deleted Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    Hey Gaastra, do you have any info on the US release? If so, let me know ASAP.
    DangerMouse1981 Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    Add me to the list of people whose friends thought I was making this cartoon (and Spartacus) up in my little mind. This was one of my absolute favorite Nick cartoons. I used to wake up at 6am to catch this and Spartacus, while eating a big bowl of Cheerios. :o) Memories...
    gaastra Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    This is on dvd in the uk.

America will get it later this year.
    littlechimpy Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    I think I remember this show but I might be thinking of something else. I remember the golden eagle... but I thought the show was called "Cities of the Sun"?
    KewlCartoons Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    Watch free streaming episodes at:

www.kewlcartoons.com
    EZR09 Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    I used to watch The Mysterious Cities of Gold with my family when I was little.
    Deleted Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    I might try Amazon.com. I'm suprised they haven't shown anything about it yet.
    Andy701 Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    Testing Comment...."whatever you say, Frances"!

Andy701 Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    These Comments confuse me, shouldn't the newest be at the top, like a blog.

anyhow, a friend of mine has never seen Pee Wee's big adventure so i'm gonna get the DVD. I'll prob Try Best Buy or Wal-Mart. any suggestions? Send me a PM. Thanks.
    elfchik Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    This was back when Nickelodeon was awesome. I remember watching this and Spartacus and the Sun Beneath The Sea.
    J-Man Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    Yet again Nick T.V. shows of the 80's are the best!!!
    Deleted Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    Everytime I watch this show, I feel like I'm 8 years old again. This was the king of 80s cartoons, and now that its coming on DVD, I hope to be the first one to purchase a copy when the time comes.
    gaastra Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    This is coming to dvd in america!

anastasia454 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    If you speak to people even of my age (I'm 27) they cannot remember this show and I loved it as a kid. I tried my hardest not to miss it each week.
    dysaniac Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    I loved this show as a child. (In Australia it aired on free tv - cable didn't really happen here till the 90's). My memories of it are sketchy but I still remember waiting for it to start. Would love to track down a genuine DVD copy.
    dizie76 Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    Hell yeah, i remember this show very well.
    It use to be aired on Nickleodeon.To bad this cartoon was never aired on public t.v, it would given the other hit cartoons from that era some competition.
    Anyhow, definitly one of the best cartoons ever from the 80's.
    38belowZERO Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    Did they ever find the city of gold?
    perri_k Posted 8 years 11 days ago
    Me and my brother used to watch this show all the time when we were younger im glad this website has this show on here i was looking everywhere for it. Big ups to Retro Junk.
    Green Eyes 85 Posted 8 years 18 days ago
    Without a doubt, the best cartoon from the 80s!!!!
    GreenLion1980 Posted 8 years 23 days ago
    The 80's most definately had the best shows, i remembered this show so vaguely then it all came flooding back when i saw the intro clip
    StacyK Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    This show was so cool. If I could find a copy of the series I'd buy it..I used to love the characters..The 80's had the best shows.
    Units1019 Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    It was one of those series I thought I made up in my head, but I am glad the net has been able to confirm it did exist. This was back when Nickelodeon was something to talk about. Great cartoon.
    Moonxtal Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    I don't think I ever saw this cartoon, it looks interesting though, I wouldn't mind seeing it. and the theme song is really catchy ^^
    SummertmeBrews Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    I remember this being on Nick, Sunday mornings. Fortunately my body clock was set to the 8 am sharp, just after gay Spartakus ended.
    Chupi Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    Jeffrey -- that guy stole from the guy who originally made the fan version DVDs (i.e., those are the original guy's DVDs he's selling.) Besides, he charges WAY MORE than the original man does. I got mine for $15, flat. You got yours for, like, what, $45?
    Retroman25 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    I wish They'd Bring This Back
    PeanutGod Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    Aha! I've started to download them! My life is complete!
    Saturday_Supercade Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    I used to wake up at 6:00am on Saturday to watch this show. It, along with Sparticus, was appointment television for me.
    Chupi Posted 9 years 9 days ago
    PeanutGod -- I got them from a man named Tim Skutt. There is no official English release, so he's remastered a fan-release of the English dub for very cheap.

As for the series itself: It was good! As far as I can recall, no episodes were really filler. It kept going strong! Of course, the kids got kidnapped WAY too much XD... Eh. It had an open ending; too bad a sequel was never made.
    PeanutGod Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    You have DVD's of the greatest cartoon ever known to man? WHEN? HOW? WHO? WHAT? WHY? HOOOWWW??? WHERE FROM?? TELL ME, I MUST KNOW!!!

*Ahem*

Sorry about that

But yeah, where from?
    Chupi Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    FIRST COMMENT!!

Okay, I haven't seen this series personally myself, but whenever I see people talking about it they're always like "WOW OMFG IT AWESOME OMG!!" so I decided to try it out. I'll be getting my DVDs in a few days and I'll let you know how it goes :D