Comments

Comments
    sarahhartz29 Posted 1 year 4 months ago
    The theme is one of my favorite songs ever. :)
    Retro Wop Posted 2 years 11 months ago
    I used to like it when our hero would try to fly, and then try to land when done with flying. He was always stumbling and falling into or onto something when using his powers. Robert Culp was good in this show.
    belinda508 Posted 4 years 4 months ago
    That was one of my favorite shows when I was in elementary school. I could probably STILL sing the theme song from memory!! LOL
    mightybfan Posted 4 years 10 months ago
    I loved this show when I was in elementary school.I loved the theme song.
    james_71 Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    I have season 1 on DVD and some of season 2 and 3 from iTunes. The show actually holds up pretty well still. Robert Culp was awesome in it. But the theme song... oh gawd, I hope the guy who sang it didn't quit his day job. Joey Scarbury. Please tell me this guy did not release a full album or more. Oh gawd, please noooo...
    thewiseeffin1 Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    I have jusy recently remembered this show and it is such a trip to hear the theme music again.I relly hope they make this into a film soon
    tnburn34 Posted 5 years 5 months ago

Joey Scarbury - Theme from Greatest American Hero (Believe It or Not) Lyrics

Look at what's happened to me,
    I can't believe it myself.
    Suddenly I'm up on top of the world,
    It should've been somebody else.

Believe it or not,
    I'm walking on air.
    I never thought I could feel so free eee eee.
    Flying away on a wing and a prayer.
    Who could it be?
    Believe it or not it's just me.

It's like a light of a new day,
    It came from out of the blue.
    Breaking me out of the spell I was in,
    Making all of my wishes come true ue ue.

Believe it or not,
    I'm walking on air.
    I never thought I could feel so free eee eee.
    Flying away on a wing and a prayer.
    Who could it be?
    Believe it or not it's just me
    PreviewStarcase Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    I have the theme song on A 45rpm record!I remember they tried to do A new series called"The Greatest America Heroine",in which Ralph's secret is revealed and he becomes A celebrity.In turn Ralph must give his suit up to A young woman,who is to be Bill's new partner.The pilot sucked,and was never picked up.It is available as part of the season one DVD.
    tony4ever Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    Does anyone know if there is a site that has the shows?
    bacaj77 Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    I loved this show and have the dvds. I heard they're doing a movie of it with Owen Wilson.
    eternalshogunx Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    Who didn't like this series? It was awesome! The theme song was great and William Katt was hilarious!
    krantzbucks Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    I loved the show, but never liked the classroom aspects. The character interaction of Robert Culp and William Katt made this show good.
    darthtorch Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    great show and song
    jaklumen Posted 8 years 21 days ago
    The theme song was another Mike Post/Pete Carpenter composition (they wrote the A-Team and Quantum Leap theme songs as well as many others) and I remember it being a radio smash.

The show was pretty good for its day-- although I think the concept of an unlikely superhero by virtue of a costume is pretty brilliant-- I can't remember anything similar in mainstream comics.

I remember the episode when Ralph found the manual when he was shrunk to a very tiny size (I think it was one of the hidden functions of the costume). He left it lying on the ground when he returned to normal size, so the secrets to use the suit properly remained hidden.
    Ri-chan, Jedi Knight Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    This show had a great theme song, however, my mother had a longer version of it on cassette tape. Until I found Season 2 on DVD, I really only knew the theme song and that a guy wore a red suit but wasn't very good at flying. Now I know more about the show and I think that it was pretty good but it certainly had limited potential. I don't regret buying it.