Comments

Comments
    lisatiffany Posted 1 year 3 months ago
    i used to be TERRIFIED of this show. It would come on and I'd run behind the sofa crying. It used to come on right after Mr. Roger's so when he was over I'd run for it lol
    JSLOVESYOU Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    I used to watch this show; when I was little!
    tmnt11 Posted 3 years 9 months ago
    This was one of my favorite shows growing up. My favorite peson one the show was the lion.
    Dougfunnie Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    Lol I remember the cockatoo and the lion and the beaver. This show use to come on TLC before i went to school.
    raph89 Posted 3 years 11 months ago
    There are actually 79 episodes of this show total. There were 65 episodes that were shown on T.V. and 14 straight to video episodes. I'm not surprised this is a show that practically nobody remembers. I think you have to be one of those people who remembers their childhood really really, really, really, really, really, really well in order to remember this show. Yeah, I loved this show! This is one of the greatest kid shows ever!
    bloojay Posted 3 years 11 months ago
    absolutely loved this show. and remember the intro too
    Coco Posted 4 years 18 days ago
    I remember this show clear as day, I watched it every morning before kindergarden
    lizzy73183 Posted 4 years 1 month ago
    Zoobilee Zoo, Zoobilee Zoo, Magic and Wonder are waiting for you. This show was on really early. The characters were awesome. I loved the kangaroo.
    Metalchick86 Posted 4 years 1 month ago
    This show rocked it came on at 5:30 am i would get up an hour early to just watch it knowin i had school at 7:00 but i didn't care at all i hope it's on dvd so when i have kids they can watch it
    jessmyriah Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    This is the show I've been looking for and trying to remember for soooo long. I was only 3-4 when it aired for the first time, so I couldn't remember the name, but I knew I wasn't dreaming it... and now I also know why my younger sister couldn't remember it, at all. I loved this show!
    bdaisy_613 Posted 4 years 4 months ago
    I loved this show!!!! I wasn't creeped out by it, like most people. But I tried to watch it recently and couldn't get through it.
    MommaWag Posted 4 years 7 months ago
    I am finding the same problem.. I have yet to meet another living sole who has even heard of this show. I LOVED IT!!! I would pay good money to have the 65 episodes on tape even.. I have kids alittle older than I was at the time it aired. I would love for them to see it. I am sooooo FREEKING OUT!!!!! I have looked for this several times. It was the best. And I do think it must have been a "location thing". I was in Arizona when I saw it. I mooved to Texas in 1988 and can't ind anyone who knows what I am Talking about.. I was starting to think I had Dreamed it all!! Thanks RETRO JUNK!! Now I know Im not totaly crazy!! LOL
    LILNYGRL Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    I used to watch this show religiously. I have no idea why no one remembers it! (I have one guy friend that does, who coincidentally grew up in New York around where I'm from, so I thought maybe it was a location thing). I'm sooo glad to hear now that so many others enjoyed it too! My fave was Van Go Lion (I think I secretly tried to relate to him since I loved to paint as a kid...how sad!). I may just be biased to our generation, but I actually feel bad for the kids today because I don't feel that there's much of the innocent, fun-loving entertainment that we 80's kids had. Everything is electronic or computer-related now. All I can say is that having personally experienced so much of the negativity and disappointment adulthood has to offer, I mentally revisit my childhood as often as possible. Most kids try to overcome theirs, but I guess I was just lucky (either that or I'm a Toys 'R Us kid who refuses to grow up!) HaHa!
    Queenof82 Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    I know alot of people that were scared by this show,lol,but I always loved it & watched it when it came on.There will never be a show like this again..I miss it.
    eecyak Posted 4 years 10 months ago
    i also have been looking for this show. i have searched it a couple of times and never came up with anything. now i get a few hits. this was my favorite show when i was a kid. everyone i have talked to thinks that i am crazy because they dont remember this show. it was the best. would love to see it again
    jlppr Posted 5 years 4 days ago
    i have been trying to find this show for the longest time now. finally my search is over. i remember watching this show all the time as kid. great memories
    I heart old school Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    Ok, so i just found this website yesterday and it seems to be the only one that i've come across that I was able to end my search at for this show that I remember watching as a kid but could not for the life of me, remember the name! But here it is.. Zoobilee Zoo.. Wow, I used to watch this show about every morning, and loved it! Brings back memories of when life seemed so innocent... Thanks!
    strawberry_cupcake Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    Omg! i loved this show...none of my friends remember it
    mistyp008 Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    This was the best show when I was a kid. I wish I could find copies of it.
    AlbertV1979 Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    Definitely a classic :) I'm sure my kids would love this show as they absolutely love animals
    nuttygirl Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    Barney has nothing on the Zoobles, this was my fav show. I wouldn't mind finding a few copies myself for my 2 year old.
    Mater Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    I want to get a copy of the episodes so I can watch them again. Not alot of people have seen or even herd of this show. Love it.
    bandlessgypsy Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    I wanted to be the kangaroo. Shes sexy! Hahaha!
    starrkerr27 Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    my favorite show-tori
    CGxSMASH Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    "welcome to zoobilee zoo!" i loveed this show :) so many memories..whazzat the kangaroo was the best.
    Ian16545 Posted 6 years 11 days ago
    I couldn't get enough of this show ever since I was about 3 or so... this was on PBS wherever my parents and I went to visit relatives (especially in Reston, VA and Boyertown, PA).
    sarahvan1981 Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    Wow, this is the show that I've been trying to find. I Couldn't remember the name of it for the life of me. My friends thought I was crazy talking about a show where the men and women were dressed up as animals..wow. Seeing this is actually making me a bit emotional.
    cneckles Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    I used to really like this show and watched all the time. My mom was a single parent so it kept me entertained while she was doing whatever she had to do to get me ready in the morning b4 going to work. But I must say, there was something a little creepy about it and the way they looed... I think that's why I liked it.
    fwbkidd Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    when did Jim Carry play as Ace Ventura on this show?..you "Joshin" me?!?!
    GamerPrincess81 Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    Kids today don't know what they're missing. When we were young, tv was insanely awesome! Zobilee Zoo was one of the many shows I'd jump to the tv and watch. Now whenever I turn the tv on for Saturday Mornings, I barely see a thing on, or its just crap upon crap. Guess we were lucky back in the day, huh?
    youngcolton52 Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    I used to watch Zoobilee Zoo on WITF 33.
    MeLsAbEeBgIrL Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    Sigh..... Another show I watched constantly as a child. I agree, today's "Entertainment" doesn't hold a candle to shows like Zoobilee Zoo and others!

I remember in third grade (?) we had to eat box lunches in the classroom and the Zoobilee characters were on the boxes! Talkatoo was cool, I guess it must have been the necklace! haha
    Snollygoster Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    I also remember having to get up to be at my Grandma's house by 6:00am. Parents had to go to work, and she'd watch us until it was time for school. This show was on first, and wasn't bad. I remember that little lady from Poltergeist was in one episode... she played some crashed alien and offered everyone 'krumpkins'... I was expecting her to say "Whazzat, don't go into the light!!!!". Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought the kangaroo was hot....
    cousin Kenster Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    ima 90's baby and i remember watching this show!!!......it must have been reruns.
    Garfield11 Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    It took me a while to find this too, because it thought it was called Zoomedy Zoom all my life. I used 2 love this show but now I just think it looks wierd and kinda gay. but as a kid i enjoy it. i'm surprised i wasnt scared of them.
    lorax Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    It was very surreal watching the intro to this. I was somewhat creeped out as a child. I still watched it (cuz I was weird kid like that) but I was scared that I would end up in Zoobilee Zoo and Mayer Ben wouldn't let me leave. But I do feel that shows like this should be brought back on television, or at least on DVD.
    familyguy Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    It's funny how you forget the things that meant alot when you were young. I can't believe I forgot this show. PBS had alot of good shows back in the days.
    Midnightpeapod Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    My sisters and I used to watch it on PBS. I especially LOVED the pink cat.
    Wren Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    I like how the video here of the opening sequence has Michael Jackson's chimp as a guest star. xD
    Maira562 Posted 6 years 11 months ago

This is was a great show. I have been trying to remember what the name of this show, and it killed me and my brother to remember, but I am glad I know now.

I wish I can see this show on DVD, Ill sure buy it, and probably remember how easily amazed I was when I was a child.

Spottedfeather Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    Jim Carrey was NOT in this show.
    ashley4jimmy Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    I cannot believe I found this!!! I remember watching this show. All I remember was the cat. I was talking about it to my husband the other night, but he looked at me like I was loosing it!! Every time I mention the "show where people dress up like animals", people look at me like I'm loosing it!!!! Now I can tell them what it is called!!!
    mcampbell Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    I can not believe this,,,I use to watch this show every week. I LOVED IT I would love for my children to be able to watch this also, maybe you could make a dvd compilation of all 65 shows, I would definitely buy it.
    fancher07 Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    i can't belive i finally found this site.. i sware i was asking all of my friends if they even knew anything about it all i could remember was zoo like animals in there own lil rooms... and the name of the show wouldnt slip off my tongue... i just remember this like it was yesteray i think they should definatly bring it back... they have a show out like trying to be simular to that but they are all one color and one color rooms sucky kids show.. im 21 right now and if they ever aired it again i would have my eyes glued... 2 thumbs up

Trista
    janethefuzzynurse Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    I remember this show. I used to cry when it would end, cause I had to go to school after it was over. I loved wazzat kangaroo and talkatoo. This show is one I wish they would bring back kids today need the values it instilled.
    alnsarah Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    I am glad too that someone else remembers this show. If I could purchase a tape of it I would show my children over and over. Its so hard to believe it was only on TV for 2 years though. I was soo young, the only episode I remember the best is the one where Whazzat coulnd't stop dancing, I remember thinking, just stop your feet! Ha ha. Good times, they need more shows like this one.I would pay top dollar to watch this show again with my kids.
    luvya525 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    used to watch this evry sunday morning b4 church, and my fav was wazzat too. i cant even find repeats around here :(
    dannysgirl13 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    Oh my goodness I absolutely love this show. I miss it dearly. I watched it every morning. My favorite character was Van Go Lion. I wish it would be back on air.
    Deleted Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    honest to god i think this show is why my fav color is blue: my first memory of specifically recognizing color as its own thing (instead of simply seeing the color of things) is "as bright as the brightest blue" with that little balloon bubble thing.

and it's crazy that so many of us post about no one else remembering this 'cause I've had that experience in trying to find others too. Seems they either missed out on something far more than fantastic, or are just afraid to remember something from among the best things of our childhood.

If you want, checkout youtube, someone posted a few poor quality clips (no full episodes) but they're worth teasing the memories i think
    malkat Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    Brings back memories of the good ol' days . . . my favorite character was Whazzat Kangaroo.
    mikeynike81 Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    ben verean didnt have anything better to do
    Matli Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    Yeah...sure remeber this one! loved it!
    Nostalgiascape Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    I remember staying home sick from school a few times. Drinking sweet tea and watching this show on PBS.
    fragglerocker1020 Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    that show was cool...there was one episode where all the color got tooken away...another reason why today's shows just don't stack up...
    kimbaltak Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    Not to mention the birds name was not Aucktoo is was talkatoo cockatoo
    sizz_leteen Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    What a fantastic show this was! I found my tape upon which I recorded about 10 episodes yesterday, and watched them all. It was like being 5 years old again.
    Apparently, there WERE toys attached to the show. I saw some on Ebay.
    Hexon.Arq Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    Yeah, that kangaroo chick was hot.

Um, what exactly is Mayor Ben supposed to be? He just looks like a furry Black guy.
    Athena9188 Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    My brother and I loved this show. We sang the intro all day, the first time we saw it.
    shorty spice Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    One of the best live action kid shows. I watched it faithfully every Saturday.
    kimsy520 Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    Another show I had to sit through in daycare. Curse the theme song stuck in my brain!
    Retroman25 Posted 9 years 1 day ago
    Geez I still get goosebumps even remembering this show I can't believe you still have the Intro.
    On a sidenote The guy who played the Fox did alot of voicework for disney
    and the kangaroo is still doing voicework.
    neba Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    I remembered this show back in elementary school. Now looking at this show as a young man, I have one thing to say about the characters: fruity.
    Leesta Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    LOVED this show! me and my cousin would watch it together....the kangaroo was my favorite :)
    amythest_star Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    I loved watching this show. The animals were the greatest thing to see. The things you just fall over for as a kid.