Comments

Comments
    hairygee Posted 2 years 11 months ago
    Hey, I had a streaming video website before all about 90's Nickelodeon called TheOrangeSplat. That site is gone but I have a new one with shows from this "One Saturday Morning." Check it out and let me know what you think. http://7SaturdayMornings.com Thanks -SteveG-
    MarshmallowNoise Posted 3 years 6 months ago
    I used to watch this every Saturday morning without fail as a kid.
    arikarinyukijima Posted 3 years 9 months ago
    I remember that. I used to watch Pepper Ann & Doug on that show. I still watch Recess all the time, though.
    SYCD Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    Ah the weekend of the 90's!
    Psycho Mantis Posted 4 years 1 month ago
    I loved watching this. and i remember the day it ended..i was waiting on saturday like "wat the hell?..." =/
    matt82 Posted 4 years 1 month ago
    it was ok atleast it was cartoons. I was a 87-95 or 96 kid myself. But this was better than whats on now
    OrangeSodaFreak Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    It was so good.
    masonx31 Posted 4 years 4 months ago
    Kudos for this Yeah.. I hate bobbies world on saturdays.. retarded Big head small body complex. just wasn\'t what was real
    SuperSpaceGirl Posted 4 years 6 months ago
    Monday through Friday, a whole a lot of, a whole bunch of, same old stuff. Monday through can be kind of boring, but join in One Saturday Morning.
    eastervideoguy Posted 4 years 9 months ago
    Loved this
    Jt62786 Posted 5 years 18 days ago
    I use to watch this allthe time. Now it\'s ABC Kids.
    I miss the 90\'s :(
    besbblue Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    So I absolutly loved this! I honestly get teary eyed when I hear this intro and think of the crap cartoons the kids today have. I was a Saturday morning youth bowler which made it so I couldn\'t watch this very often. I remember skiping bowling just to watch this.
    markspictures Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    i remember buzz lightyear,pepperann,weekenders,doug,and recess.
    KaoriKnight Posted 4 years 4 months ago
    I miss OSM...When you didn\'t have cable, you could count on this for cartoons!!!!
    dededeisawesome Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    it actually as benjanime though they didnt finish the first season so they put the new ones on toon disney to 2004
    GawtxJenny Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    i totally miss all the saturday morning shows T_T no fun!!!
    Benjanime Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    i don\'t think teamo supremo was on this, dedede
    dededeisawesome Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    all the shows were good except i didnt really like teamo supremeo
    charizardtrainer Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    What they could do is give OSM its own block on DInsey Channel and make Playhouse DIsney its own network
    Rogue303 Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    There are NO cartoons on Saturday mornings anymore! It\'s so depressing! I finally have a child of my own, and wake up early enough on Saturday morning to watch them... low and behold... they don\'t exist anymore! I miss Doug. Recess is still on, which is good. But Doug was awesome. Quail man. lol
    BunnyHead Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    This is probably the best Saturday Morning block right after
    Fox Kids.

This what my saturday mornings was all about
    bttf_maniac Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    I loved OSM I miss it. :( I want to go back in time! lol
    Lottech96 Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    why is DBZ on here?
    SweetTangerine Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    Nobody I know watched or remembers this =\\
    Lawliet07 Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    Ahhhhh, the good old days: waking up early Saturday morning, getting a big bowl of cereal, and plopping down in front of the tv to watch One Saturday Morning, with barely a care in the world! Gah, I miss that!!
    denvern8tive Posted 6 years 15 days ago
    Man, this block was THE BEST ever! I can think of a few other good ones from WAY back in the day, but this was tops. I\'m 37, and I remember watching this when it first came out and it used to crack me UP!!!! I would tell all my adult friends about it and they\'d be like, \"huh?\"

I had a crush on the host, cuz she was fine! I loved the cartoons, Pepper Ann was way before her time. Manny the Uncanny was funny, but my favorite was Miss Munger\'s Class! That had me ROLLIN!!!!! \"We\'re NOT TWINS!!!\" and \"Simmer! Simmer\".

Man, if we could all just go back. A previous post hit the nail on the head: waking up in the mornings, eating cereal with way too much sugar, and watching cartoons, front to back. That takes me back to the days of \'Superfriends\" and \"Laugh Olympics\" - with all the Hannah-Barbara characters in one show. Classic.

TV NOW does not compare to those times - AT ALL>
    CandyCane Posted 6 years 29 days ago
    i miss this :(
    Goodgold Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    Manny the Uncanny lol. This was worth waking up to, even though when I was a kid waking up early on Saturday mornings wasn\'t as hard.
    This_guy Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    \"5 hours of summer once a week!\" One of the last great Saturday morning blocks EVAH!!!!!
    besbblue Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    ONE SATURDAY MORNING WAS AMAZING!!!! I can still sing the theme song.
    I would always get so angry because I had a bowling league every saturday at 9:00 but I would wake up early and get home for the end of it. So once a month my mom would let me invite my best friend over for a sleepover on Friday and I would skip bowling on Saturdays. We would sit there and watch this while eating piles of blueberry and chocolate chip pancakes.
    All of the cartoons were so awesome! I loved them. If ABC wanted to bring up their ratings on Saturdays they would put these cartoons back on.
    PlantPage55 Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    Waking up at 6 AM (or 7...whenever it was) - before it was a chore to do so. Sigh...

Pouring bowl after bowl of sugary cereal while watching a nice line-up of cartoons all friggin\' morning with my little brother. They were truly some of the best and most priceless times of my life. Hardly ever missed One Saturday Morning, from the opening sequence to the end.
    funguy10 Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    You all are right. A lot of the shows on this block were about school and/or learning. Those shows were Science Court, Doug, Recess, and Pepper Ann. Those were the show I can think of. Winnie The Pooh, Mickey Mouse Works and House Of Mouse didn\'t involve school and/or learning. I still LOVED every show on the block!
    ilovemohawks Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    The sheeeeeet.
    happychappy1 Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    I miss this tv show it had good quality cartoons on it! =]
    ShaggE Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    The first year/year and a half of OSM was great. Right down to the Illuminating Television logo. (thanks for upping the intro by the way, I missed seeing that)

It wasn\'t so much the cartoons themselves as it was the fact that I watched them during the only \"normal\" time of my childhood. At that time, I had great friends, a great school, amazing neighborhood... it was a flippin\' Brady Bunch episode. :P And OSM was the must-see TV that year.
    mlw1984 Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    This came around the time when I lost interest in Saturday Morning cartoons. I tried to give some of these shows a chance but I got bored with them quickly. It\'s all kids in school stuff and who really wants to learn on a Saturday? Probably the reason why I didn\'t like School House Rock as a kid. Bugs and Tweety and Winnie the Pooh was the only good things about this block.
    burby8100 Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    Com on they don\'t make them like they use to Man these asshole need to get off there ass and make cartoons and bring back this opening again this why I let my nephew watch my old tapes of these just to show him how cartoons were.Man it\'s like they don\'t care any more.sad.
    Keniki05 Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    haha i just got what they meant by 5 hours of summer.. once a week.. i could never understand. haha -- i miss this :(
    MBdigital Posted 7 years 3 days ago
    This was the SHIT (as in a good way) back then! Now waking up to watch TV on saturday mornings ain\'t worth it.
    druw55 Posted 7 years 4 days ago
    love it but i never saw it but iv basically seen all the shows that aired on it
    carina90 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    This is exactly why getting up in the morning was worth it
    lilrick Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    I REMEMBER THIS I WOULD GET UP EAIRLY SATURDAY TO WATCH THIS AS A KID.....THIS BRINGS BACK MEMORYS:(
    DMoney89 Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    5 hours of summer...once a week...
    Man, whatever happened to Saturday morning cartoons??
    Ihatenaruto Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    This was sooooo worth watching! This and fox 9 cartoons! I am glad somebody uploaded the intro! Remember-You only get one saturday mourning! Wasnt bonkers on this block of tv? i think so but dunno. the weekenders was the last good cartoon on here i think? in 2004 they added some ok shows like fillmore. that was it. then disney hit rock bottom. Thats what honestly sucked. Come back OSM!
    mattthemaster1994 Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    all the shows that come on saturday suck I remember getting up so early to watch this it was great
    shortie917 Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    This is what I remember watching as a kid! Now the shows they show on ABC Kids all SUCK! Sorry!
    dalmatianlover Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    One Saturday Morning sadly isn\'t around anymore. Ever since 2002, it\'s been known as ABC Kids.
    Mondav87 Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    I loved watching Pepper Ann, Recess, Disney\'s Doug (thought not as good as the original)and the Weekenders Oh and remember Science Court loved that too! I would get up early on Saturdays just to watch One Saturday Morning even now!
    cali727 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    See, this was worth getting up early for...why did they stop doing this?!
    Ihatenaruto Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    Illuminating Television. I luv that phrase
    Astera Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    Le sigh. THAT is Saturday morning. Not Hannah Montana. I walked into the living room and it (the TV) was tuned to ABC and my 5 yr old sis was still in her PJs with a bowl of cereal... watching Hannah Montana. I was not very happy with this. It\'s always on freaking Disney Channel, isn\'t that enough?
    dalmatianlover Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    This was only good when \"101 Dalmatians\" was part of it. I loved the opening theme song! \"ONE SATURDAY MORNING! Illuminating Television!\" Anyone remember that?
    99Centsplease Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    I liked the 1997-2000 incarnation better (before the introduced the \"field\" look and revamped the \"1\" in the logo). Too bad poor Timon and Pumbaa was still on CBS/syndication at the time. It probably would have just ended maybe two years ago if they moved it to ABC in 1997 instead of letting it die in syndication/on CBS.
    runnybabbit Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    my absolute favorites were doug and pepper-ann
    stormieshilo Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    man why did they have to stop airing these shows... they were great. i miss them. i wanna be a kid again... :(
    blueluigi Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    Man I remembered this block. When I first saw the intro here on Retrojunk I was crying really REALLY hard for some reason.
    sailor_moon_girl Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    i want one saturday morning back
    cartoon313 Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    i miss that show
    xo_laiNybaBi_ox Posted 7 years 9 months ago

ducktalesfan1977 Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    I hated this with a passion. The theme song is annoying and the shows had too many morals and was basically was the same. Please, Saturday Morning cartoons died when NBC killed off their block in 1992. I miss the old ABC cartoons like Winnie the Pooh, Superfriends and Real Ghostbusters. Hammerman killed ABC Saturday mornings.
    Meta4 Posted 8 years 13 days ago
    I miss those days.. *sob* i miss my childhood. i was so carefree.
    xo_laiNybaBi_ox Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    oh jeez i was practically in tears watching this!! i watched this every single saturday morning, no matter what!! lol. i really, really wish it would come back on or something!!
    freakazoid Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    Those were good times... now cartoons just downright suck. I find myself singing this intro to much.....

\"5 hours of summer once a week!
    One Saturday Morning! Yeah!
    5 hours of summer, is what we need!
    One Saturday Mor-or-ni-ing!\"

...fun, very fun.
    Harpsiccord Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    More like \"One profitable Morning for Disney share holders\". They didn\'t let an independant cartoon get a word in edgewise on that day. Good-bye, Sonic. Good-bye Madison\'s Adventures Growing up Wild...

Though I did love Pepper Ann and Science Court
    AdamYJ Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    I thought OSM got the spirit of Saturday Morning, but it really didn\'t work in execution. I mean, they start off great, promising five hours of summer, making this feel like a real, \"school\'s gone, sit down in your PJs, eat your sugary cereal, celebrate the weekend\" kind of program.

Then, what are the three flagship shows of the actual block? Doug, Recess and Pepper Ann. Not bad shows, but kind of the same in that they\'re all about rather average kids going to school, getting into trouble and learning lessons at the end of each episode. So, basically, you spent the core chunk of those \"five hours of summer\" watching animated kids go to school. They could have used some variety in the core block. Some, action, adventure, fantasy, or maybe just a different kind of comedy show.

I suppose the FCC is to blame. They instituted the E/I (aka \"illuminating television\";) requirement. So, they needed shows that could fit. Shows in which kids dealt with everyday problems and learned lessons in the end will fit that educational requirement.

As you can probably see, I\'m passionate about Saturday morning cartoons.
    SquidMan93 Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    You are so right, jarjar23! Whoever uploaded the intro deserves an award. I\'ve scoured all over the internet for the intro, and FINALLY i\'ve found it! It\'s complete with the \"Illuminating Television\" thing and everything! Wow :D
    jarjar23 Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    Whoever uploaded the freakin intro - THANK YOU SO MUCH! I nearly cried. I LOVED this block.
    SquidMan93 Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    I LOVED this show, especially the short segments in-between the shows like Mrs. Munger\'s Class, Manny the Uncanny, Tube Dwellers, Great Minds Think For Themselves, Flyndiggery Do!, the list goes on and on. Classic stuff :)
    90sKid Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    One Saturday morning was great--until Raven and Kim Possible came on.

And who cares if they took off Sonic and Reboot?
    sonmanic Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    ah yes, One Crappy Morning. The block that killed saturday morning cartoons along with the quality that it held since the 50s. Thanks Eisner >=(
    RetroSeaside Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    It was good until they all got canceled and replaced with Kim Possable and That\'s so Raven.
    she-ra21 Posted 8 years 10 months ago

One of the last good Saturday morning line-ups.