Comments

Comments
    nepratini Posted 5 years 4 days ago
    My sister appeared on the Aussie version of this show. We had it on video tape but she took it off us and refuses to let anyone watch it lol.
    palomdude Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    I was on this show. I was just a baby though, she held me in her lap while she did the mirror thing. My sister and cousin were on it too. They were older, so they got to do the activities. We lived in NJ.
    Jukebox980 Posted 6 years 14 days ago
    I remember this show. It came on before the sun was even up! I used to eat my Frosted Flakes while watching this.
    Mungo Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    a fairly early memory of mine was watching this show, about the only thing I can remember clearly is them reading the names of kids whose birthday it was or something..i also remember I used to find her voice calming
    square eyed spaz Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    I think the Aussie version went til 1989... when I was 4 but I could be wrong... Anyone got any clips of the aussie version? My friends bro was on an episode once... I have a toy of Doobie somewhere... Did the usa one have the bend and stretch thingy where they lift those plastic rods over their heads? I never had one so me and my bro used to use the vacuum cleaner pole... hahaha... I used to get frustrated cause I couldn\'t stand up to do the actions properly...
    lol I don\'t know why it took me 3 bloody comments to write all this shit down... guess I\'m just over tired hehe
    square eyed spaz Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    I remember getting really freaked out when I was little... until my parents explained to me that no one could really see me through the magic mirror... rotflmao I wonder if I was the only kid who actually fell for it.
    square eyed spaz Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    I grew up watching an Australian version of this show...It had a Mr Doobie and a magic mirror but instead of Up-Up I think the clown puppet was called Punchinello or something like that... I had no idea an american version existed.
    missballerina07 Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    I so remember this show. When I started watching it; it was called Romper Room and Miss Maryann was the teacher. Then Miss Molly became the teacher and it was called Romper Room and Friends. Excellent Show, Wonderful Memories.
    Snollygoster Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    WOW... I had forgotten about this gem, as I vaguely am recalling it through the posts. I am laughing so hard that the bee\'s actual name was Do-bee, and it made it on TV..... My how times have changed. Simon and his drawings, I kind of remember... man, do I feel old.
    magicalmysterytour Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    Dont forget about DOOBEEEE!!! (or THE doobie :)

Do you remember that trippy magic mirror thing...
    we wanna thank
    joey n jason n sarah n billy
    n lori n stacy n douchebag n paul
    n johnny n rachel n crackhead n jane...
    PuNkYpOwEr80 Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    I vaguely remember watching the actual show but i ALWAYS loved the theme song...it\'s so damn catchy!...lol
    familyguy Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    I remeber going to this show as a field trip when I was in kindergarten. Remeber the bumble bee?
    HJW Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    I know Miss Molly personally, and have enen raked her leaves. She goes to my church in NJ.
    missballerina07 Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    I totally remembered \"Romper Room and Friends\". I so enjoyed the creative movement activities/songs.

~missballerina07~
    mysticgirl916 Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    There was a Canadian version as well, which included Paddington Bear shorts that I absolutely loved
    montoya Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    this take me back way back.
    DreamDancer Posted 8 years 14 days ago
    I don\'t remember much of this show. I think I\'ve seen it once or twice. I heard that Leonardo DiCaprio got kicked off the show, actually. Don\'t know why, though . . . .
    RubyDragon Posted 8 years 28 days ago
    I do believe this was Leonardo DiCaprio\'s first show that he did; I remember this show too!
    ooliyo Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    I remember \"simon and the land of chalk drawings\"
    ooliyo Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    Molly McCloskey was a friend of my moms when they worked together in a childs care center. I think it was somewhere around Berkeley or Oakand. Way before I was born.
    Athena9188 Posted 9 years 5 hours ago
    I remember Mrs. Molly making a rattle out of a pencil, beeds and an old salt container. I asked my mom if she could help me make one.
    SummertmeBrews Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    I don\'t know what all the fuss was about, I hated all live acting children\'s shows. They seemed so unoriginal and gay. It\'s sad I remember this show.
    ambrguesa Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    rompity stompity romper room!