Comments

Comments
    Robert Long Posted 1 year 8 months ago
    Bobby the barbarian and the annoying kid off of the Mr T cartoon, related?
    Dudley88 Posted 1 year 8 months ago
    I didn't play the game, but I did like this cartoon.
    clanman Posted 3 years 3 months ago
    Got to be the best animation series of the 80s. Such a shame it never really came to a satisfactory conclusion.
    SusieFoo Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    I remember this show! I think (weirdly enough...) gave me nightmares one time when I stayed at my cousin's other grandparents house.
    palmer10 Posted 3 years 6 months ago
    Bought all 27 episodes on DVD last year....my Saturday mornings are one step closer to being complete.
    RayNsc Posted 3 years 9 months ago
    my favorite saturday morning cartoon ever. I remember waking up watching this every saturday, to bad it only had so few episodes.
    barbarian boy bobby Posted 4 years 1 month ago
    This was my favorite cartoon ever. It's so sad that they didn't make more episodes of this cartoon. I have the whole series on DVD. Bobby The Barbarian was my favorite character on this show and he is my favorite cartoon character ever. I really loved this cartoon.
    Shepard of Suburbia Posted 4 years 1 month ago
    Best American cartoon ever!
    Ironjoker Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    I heard they were all eaten by Tiamat.
    dircta2012 Posted 4 years 3 months ago
    Wow times have changed i now have kids of my own and i use to watch this when i was a young child ahhhhhhhhhhh i cant stop crying so much nostalgia... :'(
    lesshann78 Posted 4 years 4 months ago
    I miss my saturday morning cartoons.
    Carlos Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    This was a great cartoon. Loved watching it.
    charlyramirez Posted 4 years 7 months ago
    Here at my country if you are short and some oldie!!! ypur nickname could be Dungeon Master, lol!
    Fargostein Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    I have the DVD at home.
    cheetah Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    Watched this show as a kid in the 80's. God I miss those carefree Saturday mornings.
    rellimdr Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    I loved this show and had no idea at the time that it was based on a board game for nerds. lol
    DinkyDonuts Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    Really great cartoon show. I remember some silly controversy with some conservative groups back in the '80s accusing this show of being too "violent" and not suitable for children also because it had wizards and magic that it somehow had "satanic" undertones or some crap like that lol. I miss this show, I think I'll rent it on Netflix.
    bigg3469 Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    What i wondered WHY THE CARNIVAL MIDWAY OPENING??????????? It's a popular board game NOT SOME CARNY RIDE!
    Zachemker Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    Did you ever watch Record of Lodoss war, DJRobE? It was a Japanese Anime D&D story. Actually based on sombody's game that they played.
    Erykthebat Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    Those kids never escaped cause they never learned the first rule of D&D KILL THINGS AND TAKE THEIR STUFF!!
    Also they SHOULD have killed Venger, he was probly worth enough XP to give them all a level Boost, or two. Sure Venger may have been the Dungeon Master's son but he was Bastard DM anyway. Did he give any of them swords so they could actualy have BLADED weapons? Sure the Bow and Club were nice and at least both +2 but thats all they had for offence. Also WHERE WAS THE DAMNED CLERIC? If they were every in any real fight and someone got hurt they were SOL , sure the Paladin could have healed but the GM didn't give him OR the mage any actual spells just some unreliable magik Items. Having a Thief AND an Acrobat is reduntant since acrobatics is kind of a D&D thief shtic , MAKE THE ACROBAT THE F'ING CLERIC!
    Deepthought74 Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    This was one cool show but i never remember how it ended. I think they found their way back to the Amusement Park but went back for some reason. Gotta get the DVD.
    newmessiah Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    Absolutely one of the best cartoon shows of the early 80s.
    DJRobE Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    I'd love to see someone make a live action movie of this show. The 2 official movies sucked. The first one had Marlon Wayans. I'd love a Japanese anime version even better since the series was animated by Japanese to begin with they just had to make it likable for an American audience. Now a days the kids eat this stuff up.
    mrhorsefan Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    Great adventures. Classic old school cartoon. That wizard kid in green clothing with that pointy wizard-hat was cool.
    Lobolover Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    Absolutely loved it.Cant remember anything much bout it,though.
    ignz2k1 Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    I like so much this one
    In Brazil, we watch until this time.
    ducktalesfan1977 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    A kick ass Saturday Morning cartoon! I used to watch this when it was on CBS in the year 1983. Venger was my favorite character and I'm glad to own the series on DVD.

Too bad Saturday Morning has been shitty for the past 15 years though. >:(
    cunny Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    You don't get cartoons like this anymore, imagination, good villains, great characters and weapons. Got great memories of saturday mornings and this show is one of them.
    licawolf Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    I have only vague memories of this show, but my brother always talks about it. I have to show him this.
    killjoy Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    The very last cartoon of the day when I was a kid.Always wanted that bow that shot the lazers lol
    ogreadmore Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    If You love this, you can see more of your favorite cartoons at www.myspace/mysaturdaymorningcartoons.com new cartoons added every saturday morning. Help Captian O.G. Readmore bring back Saturday Morning Cartoons!!
    ScottTrakker Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    One of my favorites too!
    ducktalesfan1977 Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    Best Saturday morning cartoon yet.
    mateo8777 Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    every saturday morning I watched this....along with a bowl of Capt'n Crunch
    sailor_moon_girl Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    wow blast from the past
    Matli Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    love this one!
    blueluigi Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    does anybody know if the D&D DVD boxset will include the "today on Dungeons and Dragons" segment?
    BYERE Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    In reply to a comment I made a while back about a second intro, I found a link to it if you want to watch it, but I don't have the ability to upload it to here.

BYERE Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    scrub that... the show was cancelled before they had a chance to make the episode (though I wish they still had made it, if only to complete the collection)
    BYERE Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    OMG!!!!!!!!!

I just found the script to the FINAL (unaired) episode...

MAN!!!! I really wish they'd have made it. It was bid to be shown after "Cave of the Faerie Dragons" (which what the final aired episode...), but the show was cancelled just before it was run.
    BYERE Posted 8 years 1 day ago
    To Willy Fog, the episode you mean is "The Dragon's Graveyard (one of my personal faves). After once again having a chance to get home stolen by Venger, the team is dismayed. After a thoughtless comment by Eric saying they should do something about Venger, Hank gets mad and says they SHOULD do something about Venger, once and for all. After Dungeon Master appears, they force him to tell them how to beat Venger and DM tells them to find Tiamat (the Invincible 5-headed dragon lord/ess (I couldn't never tell if Tiamat was male or female)) in the Dragon's Graveyard... and that they carry the way with them.

That one was probably one of the best episodes IMO due to it's ending. After getting the chance to strike Venger down, Hank releases him saying that if he had finished him, the team would be no better than Venger is. DM appears and sends Venger back to the Realm... just before taking the team back, Hank asks "what happens now?" to which DM replies, "That is up to you, but know this. You have taken your first step home."
    As the title of the series goes "Only heroes find their way home"

Heavy stuff for a kids show it was... showing team spirit and knowing where crossing the line takes place.
    jaklumen Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    Some of you might remember Willy Ames as Buddy on Charles in Charge. I obviously saw this show first, but when I saw the show later, I always thought of Buddy when hearing him do the voice of the Ranger.

I got into D&D later and looked up the monsters and the villian featured in the show-- Venger was based on a particular monster that was drawn with two horns in the manual (name escapes me now) and per se the original 1st ed. rules, Tiamat (the multi-headed crimson dragon also known as Queen of the Dragons) could be destroyed if your party was strong enough.
    JabarR Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    Does anyone have the 2nd season opening to D&D?
    The new guy Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    You're a liar art_of_war.
    The series never endend. Well there was a final episode and that was about some dragonfairies wich were in danger of losing their gold and other items to some baberians. In the end the dragonfairies wre saved but the way home for our heroes was destroyed. The final words were and I quote the rich kid ''Are we ever going to get home?"
    when suddenly the dungeonmaster appears and say's ''some day you will find a way home''. And that was that!
    art_of_war_101 Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    the ending of the show... hmmm. well, they never got out! they were stuck in some hell hole of a dungeon and was eaten by the dragon! sadly, piece by piece they were devoured like ham sandwiches and they were screaming for their daddies and mommies. sad isn't it? thats what you get for challenging the dungeon master!
    hehehe!
    Moonxtal Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    Oh, how I wish they would end a series when they start one! I used to watch this all the time. The snotty rich kid was such a coward, and would always hide behind his shield. Of course I loooved the little unicorn ;)
    SummertmeBrews Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    I only remember this intro, because everytime I'd try to watch an episode my mother use to make me change it.... :( ah well maybe find em on Ebay someday, thanx for the unforgetable intro Retro'
    BYERE Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    hey... does anyone know that they made a second intro to it... possibly an intro to a second series? I have it on my other computer and as soon as I can I'll get hold of it and upload it
    BYERE Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    okies... first off, I grew up on this cartoon... it was (and still is) one of my all time favorites. I now have the series boxset with every episode they made.
    I wish they had made an end to the series. It's not like it ever said that they never got home, and it hinted a lot to them being able to get home, they just never got to the point when the kids finally got home permenantly. They had many stories they could have worked on. For example, at the end of the episode "The Garden of Zinn", with Daemodragon and the dragonsbane plant, Shiela asks if maybe there's good inside Venger really... Eric makes his usual wit(less)-based remark and Dungeon Master says that there was good in Venger once. Everyone makes mistakes and Venger was his... That would mean that Venger may once have been a pupil under Dungeon Master.
    Next, to Andreaorr... it's not a dress, Venger wears robing. You can't expect an all-powerful dark wizard/daemon to wear heavy plate mail can you? (if you've ever played any form of Dungeons & Dragons... be it a board game, a video game or whatever... you'll know that wizards cannot equip armor like that as it cuts the movement they need to cast spells)
    My fave episode has to be The Dragon's Graveyard. I think it's mostly because of Tiamat. I always loved the voice they made for her... it really fit the character... and there aren't that many episodes where she speaks.
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    I've never seen the cartoon series of Dungeons & Dragons.

But I've seen the movie of Dungeons & Dragons with Justin Whalin (Childs Play 3, Lois and Clark tv series). I loved the movie.

...other then the cartoon series or the movie, I love the role-playing game of D&D itself.
    80sGuru Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    Listen, i have seen the show since I have been an adult and it's not crap, it was without a doubt the best cartoon in the 80's and it still works on an adult level. It was and is my all time favorite cartoon, and you're right, it's not the best acted or the best drawn, but it is far from crap.
    80sGuru Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    The show, definitely basso, the movie was wrong in so many ways.
    RAspyWOlf Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    ok, so I got the dvd boxed set for this show, which I loved as a kid, and oh how I wish I hadn't. Why? Oh Why couldn't I have just left my memories intact. The show is complete crap. Don't get me wrong, its definately better than that movie a few years ago and a lot closer to the actual game too. But if you come across it, I highly suggest you save your money and your memories of a once beautiful thing.
    Jake 1079 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    I was going to get the board game D&D but I realize I woulded have anyone to play it with. I only have likie one friend and he would not play this game what so ever because he thinks it looks like a regie board and playing it is like worshipping the devil.(weird aye)anyways I would ask my sister to play since shes into this kind of stuff anyways but shes way to bussie with collage and here job and dossent have any free time on here hands,I would ask her boyfriend to play since he's played D&D's before when he was yonger but he ha's a full time job and no way to contact him he dosint have a cell phone of anything.so overall even of I got the game who the hell would I play it with?it's a real shame though it look's like such a cool game ;(
    adventoflegion Posted 9 years 22 days ago
    I especially love the episode "Dragon's Graveyard" in which the warriors,(and I use that term loosely) were actually close to killing Venger and it was revealled that Venger is Dungeon Master's son.
    Jake 1079 Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    I think they once tryed to reair this show a few years ago on fox kids, they try to change the original intro with something for the new malenium, it still looked like an 80's cartoon though just had a crapeir intro.
    coffy78 Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    I just love this cartoon. It brings back great memories.