Comments

Comments
    TEOL Posted 6 months 25 days ago
    I blew off the newer one and I'm never going to watch even one as 3D is not my thing on television cartoons unless it's based in the envionment like Donkey Kong Country is based off of Donkey Kong Country 64 so I let it off as the game looked exactly like the cartoon and Reboot is the digital world so I let that off and movies I let them off as well as they can be in 3D as the 3D format is made for blockbusters not the tv screen.

But Garfeild in 3D hell no, Garfield and Friends is my thing containing Garfield not the 3D rubbish real Garfeild is ace.
    Cure Ace Posted 1 year 2 months ago
    Even though I was born in 1998, I grew up with this show. Anyone from my generation who loved Garfield probably watched this, thanks to 20th Century Fox's boxsets, compilation movies and Boomerang (I saw the episode containing "Beach Blanket Bonzo" and the episode containing "Wanted: Wade" when the show was on it's last legs on Boomerang). I re-discovered this show when I was on TVTropes one night in April of 2012. I wanted to see if the page "Changed The Theme Tune" mentioned Pretty Cure changing it's ending themes, and came across an entry on that page about Garfield having a rap theme. All night long I watched some episodes. A month later, I saw an ad break on YouTube from Garfield and Friends which ended with the last few seconds of "The Son Also Rises". That day, I watched two episodes: "Rainy Day Robot" and "The Wolf Who Cried Boy".
    Cure Ace Posted 1 year 2 months ago
    In September of that year, because of a performance of his crowding a train station one day, I watched the three U.S. Acres segments starring Kevin Meaney as the executive from [DA-DUM!] The Network. I enjoyed them, and Aloysius Pig soon became my favorite character. I've watched a ton of U.S. Acres segments since then. Next week, I plan on re-watching the first episode I ever saw as a child.
    memboy12 Posted 2 years 7 months ago
    thats the garfield that i grew up with
    kingmax99 Posted 2 years 7 months ago
    Remember when the rooster repealed the law of gravity hahaha....and of coarse sending nermal to abu dahbi lolol awesome
    199478q29 Posted 2 years 9 months ago
    This is the Garfield i remember it was just like the comics as a kid i always loved it when he kicked Odey off the table I'm gonna kick Odey off the table bang oh look i did it i always loved that & this is so much better then the recent CG I Garfield witch kinda is a insult to him in my opinion well i miss this show bring it back.
    mattstewart25 Posted 3 years 1 month ago
    This is the Garfield that I grew up with, not all that CG stuff. Unfortunately the guy who did the voice passed on but he left the memories of a great show.
    memboy12 Posted 1 year 8 months ago
    yea im with you
    poop785 Posted 3 years 1 month ago
    i rember this show when it reran on cartoon network in the 90s
    thebeatgoeson Posted 3 years 2 months ago
    I always associate this show with spaghetti. Not because Garfield says "I hope you bring lots of spaghetti!" in the opening song, but because I used to watch this at my best friend's house and they were from New Jersey. The cartoon came on in the late afternoon when his parents were preparing dinner, usually pasta so the house was always full of pleasant aromas while we watched.
    I drank Ecto Coolers Posted 3 years 3 months ago
    Loved the fact that every facial expression Wade the duck would have his little look a like on his blow up donut would have the same!
    west1240 Posted 3 years 4 months ago
    ive got season 2 vol 3 on dvd
    NinetiesKidFusho Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    I love Garfield and Friends! I hate that CGI show they have on CN now! I hate CGI PERIOD!
    bkzfinest Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    Cartoon Network now has a CGI updated version of the show. Not as funny or as appealing as the original.
    Cure Ace Posted 1 year 2 months ago
    Agreed. Here are the reasons why it's bad:
    1. Where are the U.S. Acres characters?
    2. Where is Binky The Clown?
    3. Why is it in CGI?
    The only good thing was when they referenced "Wanted: Wade" during a chase scene in "Orange and Black".
    199478q29 Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    The Orginal Garfeiled I love it the comics are still funny and the movies where okay.
    memboy12 Posted 3 years 8 months ago
    i was a fan of the show
    it was funnie
    CartoonKing2 Posted 3 years 8 months ago
    One of the greatest cartoons ever. I love Garfield, and this show is one of the main reasons I'm such a big Garfield fan. Oh, and the summary is wrong. This show ended in '95. Not '92.
    RetroFreak97 Posted 3 years 8 months ago
    I miss this version of the Garfield Show, does anyone know where I can see it again? I want to see the Klopman Diamond again. lol
    memboy12 Posted 3 years 8 months ago
    this show was funnie
    Fonzie 4 Ever Posted 3 years 9 months ago
    Garfield And Friends Is Great.
    SYCD Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    This show was fun to watch every once in a while. I wasn't that big a fan of the barn yard friends bit or whatever that was.
    the monster hunter Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    used to watch it every day before school
    Lucky Sprite Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    Most of today's cartoons suck and it's not bc I'm grown that I don't like them. I still appreciate cartoons. There are a few that are okay but nothing like it used to be. Everyone knows these cartoons are the greatest that's why they keep remaking them and making movies of them. Some of the movies are ok, I'm super excited about the smurf one, but most of the remakes are lacking.
    Sickflow Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    i use to watch this show all the time after school while eating a snack :]
    bdaisy_613 Posted 4 years 3 months ago
    I loved this show and garfield! I used to watch this every Saturday morning! I feel like my children are deprived from garfield! The show that's on the carton network now is ok, but not near as good as garfield and friends. Besides, where is Binky?
    Old_Spyro Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    meh...not the best cartoon based on a comin. nah...
    85Babie369 Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    I loved this show, used to watch it every saturday morning... now they have a new version, which blows... big time... when I saw it on the guide channel the first time, I was so excited, then when I saw it wasn't what I wanted, I nearly cried...
    Benjanime Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    @nostalgicguy

no, the farm animals are from a different strip that jim davis created called "U.S. acres"
    Coco Posted 4 years 6 months ago
    it was on YTV a few years ago, but haven't seen it on since :( one of my favs!
    nostalgicguy Posted 4 years 7 months ago
    I did not grow up with this show, I watched it on reruns on Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network in the mid-to-late 90's, and Toon Disney in the 00's. I think the show was very well done, really a good portrayal of the comic strip. I liked that side shorts about the farm animals, too. Weren't they the animals on Jon's family's farm?
    Maniacal_Beauty Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    I swear when they made the Garfield movie, Bill Murray was the perfect voice for him. I thought he always played his voice. I didn't really care much for the farm animals. I just liked Garfield himself. I had a cat that was as big as him once. Same coat too.
    Galactusgirl Posted 5 years 3 days ago
    I love Garfield. He looks like my cat.
    Jt62786 Posted 5 years 17 days ago
    I use to watch this show everyday when I came home from school.
    JButler1983 Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    Me and my sis used to watch this before elementary school in the mornings while eating breakfast some 16 years ago... yikes...
    Nails105 Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    One of my favorite shows of all time.
    coolbeanie Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    Remember Garfield's Michael Jackson parody of "Black or White"?

Garfield the Cat
    Lie around and get fat.
    gina1143 Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    hi, i can't see it.
    gina1143 Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    hi, i can't see it
    gina1143 Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    HI , i can see it,thanks.
    Trueblue94 Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    Hell yeah, Garfield is one awesome cat and this series rocked!!! I didn't like US Acres as much as I liked my fat cat! Am I the only one who thought Nermal was a girl? I mean, c'mon, he had eyelashes and a female voicing him. Being a girl, I loved any character that was a girl, so Nermal was my favorite due to that little misconception, and even though I know he's a boy now, he'll always be a girl in my mind:P
    seans_angel55 Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    heck yes i love garfield the lazy son of a bitch!!!!
    branch28 Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    this was one of my favorite cartoons
    DLM28659 Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    Garfield was so rockin' we actually had a Manx tomcat named Garfield; & yes, he was yellow, & yes he loved lasagna! :)
    starrkerr27 Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    a good show-tori
    grindcore fan Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    Good show! It's better than the recent Garfield comic strips.
    FoiledDragon Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    good show, messed up cast...
    Petrus Angelini Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    this was weird but pretty cool too =D
    Good29er Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    Garf. always was my favorite cat! I pretty much grew-up with him, and had a stuffed one. He was, too me, the smartest cat in reality.
    CandyCane Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    lol i always thought some of the characters were weird looking..
    KurtmanJP Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    Great cartoon, ah the momories of it all! Garfield's a great cartoon and so is US Acres. Wade Duck is one epic character! "Why are you sitting there watching TV? THE BULL IS LOOSE!!!!"
    retroplore Posted 6 years 17 days ago
    Garfield. One unique cat. He brought humor, laziness, and carelessness of what and how much food he has eaten to the viewers. What keeps Garfield alive today is the memories and of course, the daily comic strips.
    CandyCane Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    Really enjoyed the theme song!
    lbrown333 Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    I remember watching this with my kids in the morning back in the early 90s. Great show.
    Spacenoid Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    I remember they cut away from Garfield to show Nelson Mandela getting out of prison and I got so mad that it got pre-empted
    ilovemohawks Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    I read the cartoons in the newpaper every week when I was little, but never watched the show.
    happychappy1 Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    I loved this tv show. my uncle and i collected lots of Garfield stuff. we have sleeping bags and toys and everything. =] safe to say that i really enjoyed the show.
    adog3001 Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    ^ yeah they should. Its as if it were written by a grade school kid. Anyway. I absolutely loved this show and watched it loyally. I even liked watching the "..And Friends" when it was added (even though i didnt really have interest in it until much later). I definitely gotta get the DVD's. This show was just a representation of how great the 90's were. Quality in humor, originality, etc. etc.
    dalmatianlover Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    The summary up above is so poorly-written. Somebody should fix it.
    EZR09 Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    I used to watch this show when I was little.
    Drseuss1217 Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    I loved this show!!! i have some of the seasons on DVD, i am glad they gave Garfield a show to highlight his humor. i am a big fan of his holiday specials as well.
    Blue96sky Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    Retro junk
    dealydugan1995 Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    That show was classic! I own all of the DVDs.
    pachanga Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    this show has got to be one of the best ever! always bouncing between the farm and Garfield's home and imaginary places.
    southparkjunkie Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    this show was one of the all time best shows too it was funny no not even it was hilarious!! my favorite character in thhis show was Nermal even though garfiled didnt really like him he was still awsome
    classicnick93 Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    This show brought Garlfield to life! what a great program. If only Nickelodeon and others came to their senses and made rewind channels so people like us could watch all of our favorite stuff like this!
    serenityrain Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    i liked this show for something to watch but i thought garfield was to mean to oddie the poor dog but i guess he did act kinda dumb at times and deserved it i so did not like the movies they looked so stupid.....
    Narf Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    So much better than the comic. Oh, I also like Bo and Lanolin. A few years ago I made a Garfield and Friends variety book with my friend (we made three issues). I just found them today.
    Narf Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    Possibly one of the most clever shows from the 80s and early 90s. I actually LIKE the U.S. Acres. I love Wade Duck. My favorite theme was the first one, but the second was also really good. The rap version was pond scum.
    starstix Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    I want some Lasagna!
    Gatomon94 Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    I watched this all the time when it was on Nickelodeon. When it was on Boomerang, they only aired a small handfull of episodes in regular rotation. That really disappointed me! I gotta get the DVDs! I'm another one who only remembered the second intro. I like Garfield better that US Acres.
    Crane Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    I also remembered only the 2nd intro.
    pokeeto2 Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    I also only remembered the second Intro. I used to watch this show everyday after school.
    manda3eb Posted 7 years 9 days ago
    I only remember the second intro. I rather enjoyed the "And Friends" portion of the show.
    Furienna Posted 7 years 13 days ago
    I've never seen the rap style intro either. But "Garfield" is great! I even liked "US Acres" a k a "Orson's farm". Too bad we only can watch it with Swedish voices over here in Sweden now. The Swedish dubbing sucks rotten eggs!
    Rose8361 Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    Loved Garfield! Didn't like "and Friends"
    Pansy Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    this show rocks!!!
    AnimatedBritney Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    I watched this show early every Sunday morning!
    sftballchic2009 Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    yes need dvd's to survive!! i love tha scared duck thingy hes too funny! and how the lil duck on his inner tubbe does the same thing he does!
    oldnickfan Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    I watched this whenever it was on. I remember intros 2 and 3. It came on just before Are u afraid of the dark. I was like 3, so it scared me whenever I forgot to change the channel! I rmember one where Jon was singing "Theres a mouse in the house!" to Garfield and he'd say in time with the tempo,"Let me sleep!", and then Jon sang, "Youuu can see...."Then it started over. I used to wonder how come the U.S. acres guys never hung out with Garfield. I wasnt used to the whole show-within-a-show thing back then. I need the dvds!
    animefan123 Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    My favorite line from garfield is "I know you think its amazing how i can speak with out moving my mouth"
    Bannana Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    I used to watch this show every morning before school whil eI ate breakfast!!! I watched on Boomerang once too!
    funkmasta Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    i love this show,especially the lil chicken in the egg
    99Centsplease Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    The Garfield cartoons were awesome. U.S. Acres, though, was usually stale. I hate Orson's brothers with a passion, not only because they bully Orson, but because if they ever, EVER appeared (exception being "Mystery Guest";), it was to pound into our squishy brains some sappy lesson against bullying (I myself do not condone bullying, and I consider the U.S. Acres strip to be far superior to the TV show).
    DK1988 Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    I WATCH THIS ON BOOMERANG I LOVE THIS SHOW
    Nostalgiascape Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    Could have done without the lame farm animals.
    bicostp Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    I remember the more "rap" style intro for later episodes (#1 on the playlist) , but the DVD set I have uses the older intro for the very same episodes! (#2) Odd... Was #1 made just for CBS or something?

I know for a fact I have it on VHS... I just hope the tape's still OK.
    fire2 Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    Man, do you guys remember how on weekends we use to wake up way early and watch cartoons like this.
    Now it seems impossible to wake up that early, and I too remember waking up around 6 or so to watch it. Specially the Christmas Special.
    diamondgirl360 Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    r , u ready 2 party !. i member tha 2nd intro , it rocked, i luved it !
    Fyne T(oo)ning Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    Interesting little fact here: You know that the voice of Garfield, Lorenzo Music, was just as well known for being the voice of Carlton the doorman on "Rhoda". (I'm sure you knew that, didn't you? C'mon, don't lie!) Well what you probably DIDN'T know was that there was a spinoff of "Rhoda" that put the spotlight on Music's enigmatic character. It was an animated series, simply entitled "Carlton The Doorman", which followed Carlton's everyday encounters with the building residents. All of the scenes were drawn at floor level, which meant you couldn't see anyone's faces, including Carlton's, of course. I seem to recall stumbling onto the pilot for this series while channel surfing. I believe this series was the reason Music got hired to play Garfield in the first place. There's more info on this series at imdb.com.
    Mad about drumming 87 Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    I am very gald that Boomerang brought this show back into my living room. I watched this every day when I was a young kid.
    xo_laiNybaBi_ox Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    garfield!! i sleep with a garfield stuffed animal to this day. its the garfield from the 70s though.
    blueluigi Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    I heard that this will premire on Boomerang on September 18.
    retroguy78 Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    Yeah, this was another Saturday Morning favorite of mine. I preferred Garfield over US Acres because Garfield was more popular and it spun off two live action movies. I still read the Garfield comic strips whenever I see them. I once had a cat that was both big and orange as well.
    Garfield99 Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    I loved this show. My favorite episode was the Cartoon Cat Conspiracy. I also remember the second intro.
    matst8 Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    I was a big garfield fan I was a member of the fan club even, Oreovamp the pig was called Orson.
    MicroMan Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    OMG, I never new there was a third intro! The comics are just as good as the cartoon! I have season 1 on DVD and three books of Garfield comics. I adore Garfield!
    shiroihikari Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    I watched this religiously! And whoever posted the first intro, thank you! They stopped using that theme song after the first season and I hadn't seen it in ages.
    grizzly Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    I remember watchinbg this with my friends and garfield says at the begining of the show "hey you with the gum next time bring enough for others" and i was chewing a gum at that time lol.
    Nipratts Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    when i was younger i really liked us acers but now i really like it especally the frist 2 seasons when they sang a song
    Nipratts Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    whoever put in that 3rd intro thank you thank you thank you! i had never seen that one before do you have any information about it it was very cool i will look it up. and i know that they used a lot of clips from the garfield rap. and you know what would be cool for anyone who has the dvd sets of garfield and friends for the first and second theme songs if you put it in spanish you can get a cool new theme (by the same tune of corse)i have all the dvds but i dont have the computer to do it if someone who has the dvds can put the spanish theme songs up not only would i be greatful but a lot of other people will be too.
    Nipratts Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    dainyailsmith you garfield hater! dont you dare ever say anything like that about garfield agian. heathcliff is evil. and garfield is way more popular than heathcliff. its sad to say this but the garfield movies (yes thats with an s at the end sadly) is ruining the good name of garfield. now kids today like garfield becuase the saw the movie the move was so bad and unrelated to garfield its not even funny. yeah sure they can keep the names. but here is an example if you have a friend named lenny (i do so im using it as an example) and he left and they got some guy called him lenny and expected him to act the same. NEWS FLASH PRODUCERS!! ITS NOT THE SAME, IN FACT IT IS WORSE!!
    Moonxtal Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    Great show! I watched it all the time. My favorte eps. had to be the one with the ants. They would follow Garfield and Jon all over while singing,
    "We are the ant who'll ruin your dinner..." (or something like that).
    Nipratts Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    hey i jusy want to let you know that i am a huge garfield fan i have all the books dvds and load on load of stuff with garfield. now that i got that out of the way, i loved this show because it was all around funny. yes there were funny jokes and good bits (a.k.a Quickies) but my favorite thing that most other didnt do was break the fouth wall barrier to make it seem like it was a live action sitcom but we all know its not you know like when he talk to the director and goes out of the set and i liked it when odie got his own episode when garfield quit. and if you dont know what in talking about go to wikipedia.org and type in fouth wall barrior.
    Chadsask Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    I watched this show purely to see the wild takes by Wade. The bunnie rabbits is coming...
    marioandyoshi96 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    pure. saturday. gold.
    rocktheoldskool Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    it really bothered me that sheldon never cracked his egg..i remember an episode when he almost did and when his shell cracked it was another shell...that made me so mad for some reason
    robmon300 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    jon he will never find a date. HEY MARRY YOUR RIGHT HAND HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA. i gotta stop ha ha.
    robmon300 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    meanwhile on the other side of the show orson the pig is getting his ass kicked by his brothers. hey go get goku he will back you up. one kamahameha will do it ha ha ha.
    Bozo Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    I loved this show and still watch it on boomerang ... i think the duck is kinda weird.
    Roadgeek Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    Great show. When this was still coming on, I didn't even know that the comic strip existed.
    ducky Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    I actually really disliked the second intro... it just just way too obnoxious for me. :p
    90sKid Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    i did too! i was so mad because i always had to leave before the quickie came on
    kimsy520 Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    I used to watch this every morning before school :)
    90sKid Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    I LOVED this show as a kid. I still do. (but it comes on SO late!) I still sing the song and I even have it as a CD music track
    Jokey Smurf Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    Toon Disney?? What! I watched it when it played on CBS, Saturday mornings at 8am E.T. followed by Orson (i.e. friends).
    browneyedgirl Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    I've never seen that first intro but still know the second one by heart.

Last year, I was housesitting for my aunt and she has satelight for her tv and was channel surfing with my boyfriend and saw that this was coming on on toon disney so I *had* to introduce him to the show (we had completely different childhoods, he hardly watched tv and didn't drink a soda until 2nd grade where I was practically raised by the television and had a full blown caffine addiction before I started school). When it finally came on I sang the theme loudly and excitedly, even as a 19 year old. :)
    xNekonessx Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    Loved this show! I would stay up to five am just to see it on Toon Disney.
    NickMania Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    I was the one that submitted the first one I thought it would be cool to see how many people would recognize it or remember it!
    LegoMovieMan Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    Ten times better than Garfield the comic strip.
    alexandria Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    Thanks to whoever uploaded those intros.. I remembered all the words and I haven't seen this show since I was 12-13! Awesome!
    Simpfan83 Posted 9 years 3 days ago
    I watched the show OBSESSIVELY! I loved the Cross-Over episode where Garfield came to the farm when they called him to eat.
    CanaryYellow Posted 9 years 7 days ago
    I still know the words to the intro by heart!! I'm goofy that way, I know a lot of them.
    Roadgeek Posted 9 years 8 days ago
    When it was on back in the 90's, I didn't even though that the comic strip even existed. lol
    G UNIT Posted 9 years 14 days ago
    U.S. Acre friends were the funniest!
    lisa_ballengee Posted 9 years 19 days ago
    I didn't really watch the show, but I do read the comics in the sunday paper.
    Leesta Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    aww poor odie too dumb to kno anything
    Hailey Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    Mom loved the US Acres segments!
    Trashley Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    This show still comes on in the morning on some channel I noticed. Wow.
    Sneakers00 Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    Yeah the second one is the only one I can remember ever seeing when I was a kid...and I dont remember it being on disney it was always on upn 50 over here
    in the morning and after school
    NickMania Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    yay! somebody submitted the Second Version Intro. to Garfield and Friends!
    NickMania Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    Old School is Cool!
    NickMania Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    this is the original intro to garfield the one that you remember is the second version, the first one only aired on a small percent of the first season episodes.
    NickMania Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    I actually Uploaded That Video Clip For Your Viewing Pleasure!
    NickMania Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    Garfield was truly a great show that everyone loved it was one of the BEST!!!!