Comments

Comments
    mustachiobandit Posted 2 years 10 months ago
    GI Joe was pretty much the best thing ever when I was a kid. Love it even to this day, of course.
    morelshroomgirl1976 Posted 2 years 11 months ago
    I never got any GI Joe toys cuz my mom drew the line at transformers. But my good friend had them and I would always be Cobra cuz they had the best planes and vehicles! I loved the STealth bomber that Cobra flew. I always thought the good smaritan thing at the end was kinda cheezy though.
    DJRobE Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    Someone needs to bring this show back....hire all the originals....voices, animators, everything....i miss this show
    palmer10 Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    Easily one of the top 3 toons of all-time.
    Thisisgonnabecool Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    Totally Boudacious!!
    zackieboy Posted 3 years 6 months ago
    This was/is my favorite! Another great theme song from the 80's!
    twinkiethekid Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    Best. Cartoon. Ever.
    ken01 Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    Gijoe was the most best show in the 80's. i rember this show like it was yester day..this rock!!!!!!
    Johnny Reb2565 Posted 4 years 27 days ago
    My favorite characters were always the standard and crimson cobra soldiers.
    CobraPrime Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    Well, embo d123, the twins were Tomax and Xamot, the Crimson Twins- owners of Extensive Enterprises. I loved this show and I guess to be accurate, still do. I bought some of the anniversary issue toys last year and my son loves playing with them, especiall the MOBAT tank. Awsome. Still watch the episodes online untill I buy the DVD. I was truly obsesssed.
    mikemonmouth Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    zartan and the dreadknocks were always my favorites, how can anyone disagree?
    raph89 Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    This show had a great voice cast.
    embo d123 Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    it was called action force in england,my favourites were the two cobra twins can't remember their names though!?!?!?
    chakotay3054 Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    I still can remember coming home to watch the Gijoe episodes about the B.E.T with Duke, and Scarlett and Snake eyes.
    HitokiriAkins Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    This show gave me a lifelong love for the military. I even joined the military when I was 18. By then I knew that I wasn't going to be a member of "America's daring highly trained special mission force", heck I wasn't even regular special forces, but I did my part to "defend Human freedom."

So, thank you GI Joe for giving me the strength to do what was right throughout my life.
    sunstreaker Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    Gi Joe,Transformers,He-Man,Superfriends,Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends,Thundercats,M.A.S.K, was the cartoons to run home from school and watch while eating a ton of junkfood.

" Now we know."

And knowing is half the battle.
    antius Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    Oh yeah I remember this show. It was aired on the Super Channel back in the days. I was fucking possessed by this shit. Best cartoon ever. Remember I used to crawl up in the sofa with the favorite g.i.joe action figure in my hand and just fade into this world of action. haha. And of course my favourte action figure was Snake eyes, version 2 of the 1985 series.
    Wave Motion Gun Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    My favorite was Flint.I always thought Snake Eyes should of had his own spinoff show or hopefully his own movie.
    Toxie Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    indeed...this is one of the greatest successes of all the time!i still collect the action figures...the new generation of kids should see what a good cartoon means by watchin this!
    not those new crap they air nowadays!
    Yo joe!snake eyes and duke are the best!
    Deleted Posted 6 years 23 days ago
    This is one of the greatest cartoons of all time. I loved watching this as a child. I have all of the episodes and still watch it till this day. I had practically the entire toyline. YO JOE!!!
    Deleted Posted 6 years 26 days ago
    They'll fight for freedom, whenever there's trouble..G.I. Joe is there!! Yo Joe!! The 80's were the greatest. I quite possibly had every action figure from this remarkable show.
    Pastor G Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    WHY IS THIS SHOW NOT ON THE TOP OF LIST?!?!

best cartoon ever

(although transformers is a close second)
    super_mikey83 Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    I hate this show they keep telling everybody that you have to be an American to be a hero and you have to be one so your sorry ass can have a G.I.Joe action figures if your not one you have to be contended to a Cobra action figures I really hate this cartoon show ever.
    Autobot_Matrix Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    GI-JOE for me was one of my favorite shows it was aired daiy where I lived so I watched it every afternoon along with Transformers. I still have all of my action figures about 110 of them I wish I still had the Vehicles. The oly time I remeber a Joe getting injured and almost dying was in GI-JOE the Movie. Duke took a Snake in the heart from Serpentor. The Comics however are another story Joes die often in those. When DIC took over the animation is when the series jumped the shark.
    Captain Howdy Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    Too bad that Mercer guy from the movie version never got to do more stuff for the Joes. It would have been cool to see him (Mercer) teaming up with, say, Roadblock to stop Cobra's nefarious plan to poison the world's supply of fried chicken or something.
    pearljamownzyou Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    G.I. Joe will live forever.
    jaklumen Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    The final season of the Sunbow-produced series (Intro #6) is probably the one I remember best.

Looking back, the intro for that season was probably the slickest one of all the others, and was when the "Real American Hero" production (toys *and* TV show) was at its pinnacle.

I love Sgt. Slaughter as much as any diehard fan, but unfortunately, when he and "Refrigerator" Perry were added to the cast of characters-- as well as DiC taking over the series-- is when things began to slide.
    killjoy Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    Cobra was..and still are more dangerous in the comics than they ever were on this cartoon.Not that I didn't love this cartoon and watch it everyday lol
    ricflair1983 Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    How could you not add Sgt. Slaughter to the cast list, he was great. This is a show I loved so much, come on guys quit being so stupid and just create a channel for all these classic cartoons and shows. The only thing you get on the so called rerun channels are the same reruns you get tired of.
    fistoflegend Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    Man I wished cartoons were this good these days.
    VibraEssentia Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    Chris Latta was so cool!
    Nostalgiascape Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    Shipwreck and Flint were my two favorite Joes. Cobra Commander and Destro were my two favorite Cobras. Excellent cartoon.
    Top-Gun Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    Intro 1 is from The Revenge of Cobra mini-series

Intro 2 is from The Mass Device mini-series (actually before revenge of cobra)

Intro 3 is from Season 1

Intro 4 is from Action Force (The name of G.I. Joe in the UK during the 80s and early 90s, the name was later changed to G.I. Joe: The Action Force and then just G.I. Joe)

Intro 5 is from Season 2
    RetroBen81 Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    Which intros belong to which seasons?
    Hoganmann Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    U gotta love that theme song.

*He will never give up he stay till tha fights won*
    Celeste Posted 8 years 29 days ago
    Yeah but if Cobra learned how to shoot there wouldn't be anykind of comic relief in this show.
    Celeste Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    bar1scorpio that's not appropriate.
    David31584 Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    Wll Hasbro came up with the idea to rename G.I.Joe to Action Force for the international market to make it sound less American, why I don't know?

But you US folk consider yourselfs fortunate, when G.I.Joe arrived in the UK as Action Force, we had dubbers to re-dub some of the spoken dialogue on the show, mainly replacing G.I.Joe with Action Force and some of these voices did not sound like the character they was meant to be playing at all and just sounded awfull!

They also got rid of the bad language from the show by re-dubbing some of the dialogue and replaced certain american used words for British ones like for instence in 'Flint's Vacation' the word vacation was replaced with holiday by the dubbers, since that's the word we use instead of vacation here in the UK, however both words have the same meaning, I guess they wanted the kids at home who were watching it on ITV or watching the vids not to pick up any bad words or any american words from the show and Hasbro made sure of that!

In 1990 the show was renamed G.I.Joe: The Action Force, but I believe most of the Tempo releases still distributed the UK version, though on one of my tapes 2 of the episodes were undubed (thank goodness) and everyone was saying what they were meant to be saying, however I also have 'Cold Slither' with both the American and UK soundtracks playing at the same time. You should hear the theme song that the Joes were performing at the end of that episode in both the orginal and re-dubbed versions at once, LOL! Though I guess hearing different voices or similar voices can be funny at times. I think the best voices performed for the re-dub version had to be Zartan and Shipwreck for making their voices sound similar to their American counterpart. I also give credit for the Cobra Commander voice in the re-dub as he did try to sound as much like Chris Latta as possible

As I said before, consider yourselfs fortunate that you didn't hear the re-dubbed UK version (to those living in America and possibly Canada, unless you guys too had to suffer the re-dub).
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    ACTION FORCE!? INTERNATIONAL HEROS!? What commie came up with that crap?!?

...anyway G.I. Joe was awsome. I haven't watched an episode of G.I. Joe for years.
    Moonxtal Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    I'm a girl and even I watched this show from time to time. I remember in one eps. where one of the guys, (the one with the dog) was in trouble and whistled for the dog. The other guy said, "you ain't just whistling dixie" and he said "actually, I was." I remember that Jem came on either before or after this show.
    COBRA COMMANDER Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    THIS SHIT ROCK
    Jake 1079 Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    I've never seen the original G.I. joe,I remember seeing one episode of G.I. joe extream whitch was a newer version of this show durring the mid 90's,I have not seen sigma G.I. joe eather but it looks realy stupid being a crappy fox kids remake,like what they did with ninja turtles and transformers,why cant they just leave our retro cartoons alone instead of remakeing them and making them look worse then the way we remember them,and you know what else was worse was the G.I. joe movies.Im talking about the new ones in 3D not the old one,
    Crazy4Nostalgia Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    Why are their different variants on the opening? The only one I remember is "It's GI Joe against Cobra and Destro." I don't remember "Cobra the enemy".
    SummertmeBrews Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    I love the intense Laser-Beam crossfire instead of real bullets. That's why I always thought, it's no wonder nobody dies. Great show if I do remember'
    Cobra Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    Great show watched it every day before school when I was a kid.I also had many of the action figures, and will get some of the seasons on dvd.Reto Junk thanks for bringinging back the memories!
    Rogue73 Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    In 1983, Sunbow produced the five-part G.I.Joe syndicated television mini-series, "The M.A.S.S. Device". In 1984, it was followed up by "The Revenge of Cobra" mini-series. In 1985, "The Pyramid of Darkness" launched a daily syndicated cartoon that ran for two seasons. Sunbow concluded their run of G.I.Joe animation with "G.I.Joe : The Movie" in 1987.

In 1989, another fledgling animation studio, DIC Animation, animated the further cartoon adventures of G.I.Joe with their mini-series "Operation: Dragonfire". DIC also animated two seasons of cartoons in 1990 and 1991. However, DIC operated on a much lower budget and the results were of a much lower standard of quality than the Sunbow cartoons.
    Rogue73 Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    I agree with Celeste. The DIC version didn't do anything for me. It was almost like a slander to what Sunbow/Marvel Productions had created. It's NOT G.I. Joe. More like a the generic Joes. Love the original. Nothing ever beats the original. Have all my figures, and vehicles in storage. Have the DVDs they made so far. Although, since Rhino lost the rights, and Sony Wonders has it now, I wonder if we will ever see Season 2/ Part 2. It's a Cobra conspiracy, ya know
    Celeste Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    That was that horrible DIC version of G.I. Joe and as far as I'm cocerned that's NOT G.I. Joe.
    megamanj2004 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    RodimusConvoy, no you're not the only one that remembers the theme song w/ the "Got to Get Tough! Joe Tough!" I also remember that it was that season that production companies changed hands, too. I think that it was DiC that picked up the remainder of the series by this time as well.
    kimsy520 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    who didn't watch this show? ;)
    Sadriel Fett Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    In response to Jake's quesiton: I believe it was Great Britain that changed the name to Action Force. The G.I. Joe: European Missions comics that Marvel put out, are all reprints of the British comic books. They call themselves Action Force in those. Hope this answers your question.
    Celeste Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    Oh hey guys. I added the lyrics to the theme songs for almost all of the intros so if you're wondering what (Changes to Cobra the enemy) means it means that the lyrics changed from one thing, Cobra and Destro, to another, Cobra the enemy.
    Celeste Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    My mother wouldn't let me or my brother watch GI Joe or even have the toys because she felt that war toys weren't appropriate for us.
    Now that I'm 29 I understand why my mother wouldn't let us watch this or have the toys.
    Ri-chan, Jedi Knight Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    One of the greatest American cartoons! Noted to be very violent, but even though millions of ammo and missiles were fired, it was rare to ever see anyone get seriously hurt. Yes, for professionals they seemed to have poor aiming skills at people but it was still an awesome cartoon representing peace, justice, and dignity. And the usually gave a safety tip after the episodes.
    Jake 1079 Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    so which contury chaged it from G.I. joe to action force anyway,probably europe seeing the frase real american hero wouldid fit there anyway.
    steveland76 Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    I loved that show!! I had to buy the DVD sets. Duke was cool, but Flint was the MAN! Especially since Lady Jaye was his woman, she was hot!!
    Cybertooth85 Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    Now you know-

-AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!
    rz Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    Hey! I loved this show. I grew up watching the international version of this, which was called Action Force. When I moved to US, my American friends had a hard time beliving that their fav show was known as something else abroad. Anyway, I have fond memories of this show but I remember it as Action Force, instead of GI Joe. I have uploaded the intro of action force which everyone will admit sounds a lot better than GI joe's.
    Phantasmagoria_3D Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    Good show! I used to watch it all the time growing up in the late 80s. I even had some of the action figures. I remember though, that there used to be a second intro to this series where the lyrics went, "Got to get tough! Yo Joe! Got to get tough! Yo Joe!" or something like that. I don't remember this intro too well.
    robmon300 Posted 9 years 2 days ago
    damn right
    coffy78 Posted 9 years 6 days ago
    I totally agree, neba. Thundercats, Transformers, and G.I. Joe were definitly rivials. I can't decide wich I love more. They're all sooo good.
    neba Posted 9 years 8 days ago
    A great show that rocked and had serious competition with Thundercats and Transformers. And the Baroness is still HOT. 'nuff said.