Comments

Comments
    nostalgia96 Posted 3 years 4 months ago
    HELL YES, THOSE WERE THE DAYS, BACK WHEN CN WAS GOOD X)
    skullcandyx3 Posted 3 years 6 months ago
    Toonami was good, but toward the end it just got bad. If they continued it or brought it back it wouldn't be the same anyway.
    MarshmallowNoise Posted 3 years 6 months ago
    I cry on the inside whenever I think of Toonami. It was my reason for living. I have Toonami to thank for introducing me to anime and the world of geekyness! LONG LIVE TOONAMI!!!!
    princess of power Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    @Benjanime, which is why I hate Adult Swim. Snotty, self-righteous buttholes. Anyway, I loved watching this in the Spring of 1999-Fall of 2002. All the memories, especially Moltar, the drawings people would send in, Sailor Moon, the "new" episodes of DBZ. Ah, to be a kid again...
    dbzgt Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    Thank you for bringing anime into my life.Thank you for making my life awsome.Thank for your short time hear.TOONAMI FOR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    dbzgt Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    TOONAMI FOR EVER.
    Benjanime Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    the adult swim executives took away the block. unexcusable
    schooldaysfan1 Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    Naruto was the one who killed toonami
    VSigma100 Posted 4 years 1 month ago
    I miss Toonami so much. I always loved coming home to my favorite action cartons and anime, like Dragon Ball Z. Justice League, etc. When it moved to Saturdays is the main reason that Toonami went downhill. It didn't gain enough publicity for it to gain enough views or even keep the views that it once had. And the Naruto filler really killed it.
    DTX18 Posted 4 years 1 month ago
    i dont know if the creators of adult swim cancelled toonami, but adult swim is WHY toonami does not exist anymore. Its funny because toonami was solid from 97 to about 03. Adult swim started in 01, and has been absolute garbage/barely funny since about 03 or maybe 04. Oh well
    kingleoice Posted 4 years 3 months ago
    TOONAMI WAS THE BEST UNTIL FRIED DYNAMYTE CAME I WAS FOOLED BY THOSE (CENCORED)! RETARDS! 1997-2007 IN U.S.A. IT WAS SO GOOD
    Pokepast Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    Q:Who canceled Toonami?

A:Adult Swim

PS. The creators Of Adult Swim Are Idiots.
    BlueDragon87 Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    Oh man yall remember Tom the robot?Same voice of Mugen from Samurai Champloo,Spike from Cowboy Bebop,and Wolverine From Wolverine & The X-Men.Toonami played all my favs Reboot Dragonball Z Ronin Warriors Sailor Moon Yu Yu Hakusho Thunder Cats Man Why They Cancel this I looked forward to this on Saturday nights and weekdays after 3 o clock after school
    burrus Posted 4 years 10 months ago
    all hands down dis made cartoonnetwork bring it back please!
    lolabunny Posted 4 years 10 months ago
    thats a loooooooooooooooooooooooot of shows! i
    edgarthereales88 Posted 4 years 10 months ago
    They messed up when they cancelled toonami. a holes
    Greggors4422 Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    Demonspawn you are thinking of Outlaw Star my friend...an amazing anime I might add...
    demonspawn Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    im looking for an old anime from toonami (i think) with a red space ship that had a girl in a tank of water ive been looking for ever for it and cant for the life of me remember wtf it was called pls help!
    saintluticriss Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    \"And the world fans called onto Tom, and said unto him, where art thou?\"
    I\'m pretty sure that\'s in the bible somewhere.
    BIGMercenary Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    I remember at one point it was nothing but 2 episodes of Dragonball Z then two episodes of Dragonball GT. Cartoon Network let it go to waste.
    But when first started, man, Thundercats and Sailormoon. Oh yeah. :D
    bcbolo Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    WHY DID THEY END THIS! I used to watch EVERYTHING on Toonami!
    axora Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    I MISS TOONAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Benjanime Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    toonami was awesome when it first premiered. old school anime, a weekday timeslot, and two awesome hosts. a pity they had to shut it down
    ssjblueyoshi Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    I really miss Toonami, I wish they would put it back on the air. Tom was a great guy.
    dbzgt Posted 4 years 4 months ago
    Is it true that adult swim canceled toonami? well if it is true adult swim needs to burn.
    Convolvolus Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    Tom\'s last words:
    \"Well, this is the end, beautiful friends. After more than 11 years, this is Toonami\'s final broadcast. It\'s been a lot of fun. We\'d like to thank each and every one of you who made this journey with us. Toonami wouldn\'t have been anything without you. Hopefully, we\'ve left you with some good memories. So, until we meet again, stay gold.\"
    We will stay gold Tom, and we will definitely meet again :)
    will_mcloone1 Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    \"Classic\" Toonami was amazing! I remember when they made a huge deal about Tom \"upgrading\" into Tom 2. Pretty awesome I must say. Fortunately, I must have just missed it when it went down the tubes.
    Xcouchpotato Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    what was the TV block that showed captain planet, swat cats and a few other shows?
    craiggould Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    only good shows were the batman shows
    animemaster0x70 Posted 6 years 8 days ago
    WHY DID CARTOON NETWORK GET RID OF TOONAMI?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!
    MusicPanda Posted 6 years 11 days ago
    I can\'t believe they ended Toonami :(
    Ilove1990s Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    its so sad that toonami is now cancelled!
    TurboDuo Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    Toonami used to be a great line-up. I stopped watching it when they moved it to Saturdays only. Expect an article about Toonami from me soon.
    CandyCane Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    I used to love watching Sailor Moon on Toonami!
    Goodgold Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    I watched DBZ on Toonami
    PHILRYABKIN Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    Toonami is gay now!
    KachieChan Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    I was so pissed when they changed the design for the host. He was awesome! Then they made him \'friendly\' looking... and by friendly I mean he looks like a floating block >_
    Benjanime Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    oh god how i miss the weekday slots. damn cartoon network to hell!
    gaastra Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    I used to watch the old toonami.

Shame it lost it\'s weekday slot to miguzi.
    BakuraLover21 Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    God I miss the original Toonami! I remember watching it when it was hosted by TOM, who was voiced by Sonny Strait (The voice of Krillin on DBZ) and then later was replaced with a deeper voice. I liked it when Toonami aired as an afternoon block every Mon.-Fri. In 2004 when they moved it to Saturday nights, everything went down hill from there. They replaced most of the good anime with the low rated ones, except for Naruto. I know everyone has said this already, but really... bring back the classic stuff!
    Megagents Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    Toonami is a block that airs japanese anime as well as american cartoons with a lot of fighting.

If you\'re going to use words like anime and cartoon, there\'s no point in using Japanese and American.
    RetroToon Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    I remember watching the Kids\' WB! version of Toonami and they brought in episodes of Dragonball Z and Sailor Moon.

I also remember when it was hosted by Moltar from Space Ghost: Coast to Coast.
    Murdoc Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    man i just saw toonami a couple of days ago and man its all total crap shows, i meen pokemon? why pokemon.
    Benjanime Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    voltron aired on toonami? not that i remember...
    VengefulRonin Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    best thing to ever happen to cartoon network, sad it\'s gone to crap
    RedMetallix Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    I loved toonami when moltar, tom 1, tom 2, and tom 3 were announcers. I hate T,flash and Tom the tank enging shit-bot 4.
    LordDolmus Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    I remember when Toonami was about action animation and not just anime. Also before anyone starts to think they\'re connecting any dots, try to remember that it\'s a play on words. Tsunami is a huge wave of water and Toonami is a huge wave of toons so don\'t start thinking it\'s all about the anime.
    Kumero Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    (crying)... i wanna be a child again,...(sad)
    stimlag Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    i remember like all of the kids in my school were obsessed with anime, hence the fact that they constantly watched toonami, and some of the kids thought \"tsunami\" was actually spelt \"toonami\"

the fact that 80% of the shows on toonami are anime is actually kind of funny because \"tsunami\" is actually a Japanese word
    theblueblaze_1 Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    Toonami is still on and I watch it all the time. Anime is like my life!
    Krayzee Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    wow...i remember that like it was yesterday.
    vanbaby4 Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    yea... i remember that this used to be on friday night but now its on saturdays!!! lame...
    Dan5121 Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    Aah, good memories... Thundercats, Voltron, Dragonball Z, Reboot, The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest, Sailormoon...good stuff.
    rksexy2finger Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    This is the original 1997 intro.