Comments

Comments
    NostalgiaFan115 Posted 1 year 5 months ago
    "Thundercats hoooooooooooo!" was my favorite catchphrase everytime they announced it an epic fight scene would ensue. The mutants and mumm-ra were lovable villains and everytime Jaga makes an appearance as an obi-wan ghost, I just wow in amazement everytime that happens.
    bklynbren Posted 2 years 1 month ago
    Awsome show, but I was rarley able to catch it on t.v, alway just made it in time for the credits.
    morelshroomgirl1976 Posted 2 years 6 months ago
    I loved this cartoon amongst many. I would go around singing...THUNDER...THUNDER CAAAATS.
    SkeleboneJack Posted 2 years 6 months ago
    wilykit, I found one... a decent pic of the sword of omens itself( one without Lion-O behind it)go 2 google.com/ images
    SkeleboneJack Posted 2 years 6 months ago
    I grew up watching this show, and 2 b honest, the NEW show on CN... doesn't even come CLOSE to touching the level of greatness the original acheived in the day. for those who like the new( and ACTUALLY remember the OLD)more power to ya.... But I say... "Eye of Thundera, give me sight beyond sight!"
    carkoth Posted 2 years 7 months ago
    I'm soo happy they did a good remake of this series on cartoon network! It's pretty epic!
    zackieboy Posted 3 years 1 month ago
    HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    jessdogg29 Posted 3 years 4 months ago
    i love the thunder cats i grew up with them in the 80's
    infanati1979 Posted 3 years 4 months ago
    Thunndercats qre on the move, Thundercats are loose! Feel the magic hear the roar, Thundercats are loose! I´ve got the whole collector´s edition of this series, just love 'em!
    greystripe Posted 3 years 11 months ago
    I loved this show. Even to the point that during Halloween of 1987 I walked into one of my broadcasting classes dressed as liono. Needless to say the professor didn't laugh but my friends did
    dj_infinity Posted 4 years 1 month ago
    Ok, the year is 1986 i'm 5 i remember waking up ealry around 6:00 and thunder cats use to come on Fox 32 WFLD chicago area, this is before fox became huge and sliver hawks use to come on right after. then later on in my high school years late 90s cartoonnetwork pick this show and voltron back up. when they did that everyone was on it...what happen to these shows? cartoons are not cartoons anymore not like these shows in the 80s and early 90s...i guess that why i watch mostly anime now...american made stuff just isn't the same.
    Aingsy Posted 4 years 1 month ago
    Possibly the greatest show ever. The mix of science and fantasy was outstanding. I've watched my boxsets countless times. I hope the rumours about a film are true. Thundercats, HO!!!!!!!!
    captainra Posted 4 years 1 month ago
    I own all 4 box sets on DVD. Even includes the 3 new Thundercats, Pumira,Lynx-o, and Bengali
    mrjedi76 Posted 4 years 4 months ago
    OMG, me and my brother use to break our necks getting home to watch thunder cats, cops, he-man, mask, heath cliff..e.t.c The 80's and 90's cartoons were the greatest...kids today are short changed!! Sucks to be them..lol
    Benjanime Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    @que77

umm... ever think of youtube?
    Madman444 Posted 4 years 6 months ago
    I have the Thundercats Series on DVD and I can hardly wait for the Motion Picture. THUNDERCATS, HO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    que77 Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    why cant i watch the episodes
    Galactusgirl Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    Thudercats! HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    arware24 Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    Loved to watch this cartoon every morning just before having to catch the bus to school.
    InvaderZen Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    I loved this show! I liked Lion-O the best, and for some reason I couldn't stand Snarf for the first season. All in all this show was amazing!
    Jukebox980 Posted 5 years 14 days ago
    I had LionO and Tigra as toys when i was a kid. My cousin had Panthero. We would always argue on who was better, Panthero or LionO. . . LionO of course
    Tessa31 Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    I loved Thundercats too. I wanted to be just like Cheetara when I grew up. Minus the fur.
    HitokiriAkins Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    Am I the only guy in the world who thought Cheetara was hot when I was a kid? Heck, I still think she's hot, despite her being a cartoon character and a furry. Cheetara's probably why I prefer athletic women today to runway models to this day.

Anyone else notice that the opening of this show was actually more exciting than the show itself? There was never that much action in the episode! I can't think of a single episode that had as much going on in it as the opening did.

And that LionO is the only one who aged upon reaching third Earth? I mean, he was about the same age as Willykid and WillyCat on the ship that transported them from Thundara, and he's the only one who aged.

Make no mistake, I LOVED this show as a kid, and I still do now. But when you think about some of then things about the show now, it's hilarious.
    Galactusgirl Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    I love Thundercats!
    mulletrocker Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    I thought the show was cool and all one of the best cartoons of the 80's but I just do not like the cute comic relief characters in cartoons. Snarf was a drag on an awesome cartoon but hell almost every cartoon in the 80s had one of those stupid little cute things that you should have flush out the airlock.
    wao_99 Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    I can't forget my childhood live...specailly the cartoons
    Damitu Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    I agree! Boomerang should show this!

I do hope the movie deal works out. It will
    introduce Thundercats to a new generation.
    random hero Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    Now this show is legendary! the first 5 episdes of the second season was the thundercats movie i dont think they ever did a bad episode
    Toxie Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    go lion-o!this cartoon rules...it will always be great cause its thundercats!!!
    Good29er Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    It always amazed me how the symble of the cat looked alot like the Mercury Couger type. Anyhow, I never got a chance to see the whole season of this show, just at the end....loved the female cats!
    lhore Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    They really need to bring this cartoon back!!! LOOOOVED THIS!!! BRINGS BACK GOOOOOD MEMORIES

grindcore fan Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    Now this is what they should be showing on Boomerang. Not the Power Puff Girls or Dexter's Laboratory.
    lexhogan Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    thunder, thunder, thundercats hoooooooo!snarf!
    banglefan82 Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    This show rocked all those cats raising swords to see what was going on behind closed doors and all
    greyink07 Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    who e this show it didnt love this show every one love say thunder thnder thunder thunder cats hoooooooooooo i liked cheetarah she was sexy :) and liono but pantro was the best because i love nunchucks and plus he's a brotha lol yall know its true
    Selbdog Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    This cartoon ruled the 1980's catchy theme music, great characters. Cool weapons and villians. I owned most of the action figures. I owen the Sword of Omen it was my favorite next to the Thunder Tank. I even had the Cat's Layer. You can buy the DVD boxed set from Columbia House for $35-$45 or on half.com for $32-$40 used if your lucky you might find an unused copy. I could not tell you my favorite character cause I liked them all equaly. My favorite villian was Monkey N.
    Jus Cuzz Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    i love this show cuzz i thought that Lion-O, was the best
    kp77 Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    We used to have a little plastic cubbyhouse that you had to put together yourself with all these platic connecting tube pieces, it had windows and a door and like a place to stick your face in so it looked like a picture outside and all i ever wanted to do was use one of the connecting tube pieces, the longest of course and use it as my sword and run around the backyard being cheetah!! thunder thunder thunder thunder thunder thunder cats ho!!
    natshera Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    there was also a mis printed vcr that came out of the movie which i have a copy of!!
    natshera Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    they are re-making the film thundercats-ho in cartoon format !! and also re making masters of the universe live action
    AfroPimpChin Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    I Add all the action figures and even had Lion-O's Sword of Omens!!!!! AMAZING SHOW you can even buy em now on dvd but they quite expensive for a cartoon
    super_mikey83 Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    This is one of the ultimate 1980's icon I wish they can make a comeback in the 21st. century so people who once worshipped their kiddie show will once again find comfort in their up-coming return with action figures and battle vehicles of course.
    willyKat82 Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    This was my favorite show growing up. I had all the action figures
    and and movies. I remember taping the shows from tv on my vcr, stopping the recording during the commercials. THUNER THUNDER THUNERCATS OHHHHHHHHHH
    littlechimpy Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    This show was so weird. I used to watch it all the time even though I didn't like it and Mumra made me sick. I had the video - it was the episode when Tigra went into the cave and got really old and Cheetara had to run inside and rescue him
    whaledogs911 Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    Hello thundercat fan am a big thundercats fan i wanna know if tygra has a change to beat lynxana the bounty hunter from the comies books in a fight. She has a ray-guy.
    OK i think tygra can turn invisble against her but i dont know thats why im asking you, tygra has a bolo whip that can turn into fire against her ray-gun and shatterdarts
    Tygra Strengths:Ability to turn invisible with the aid of his bolo whip, also able to create illusions using mind power

Weaknesses:Mind power abilities are not sustainable for long periods, at one time could not swim, also shy personality makes Tygra susceptible to outside stimulents

What do you thundecats fans think
    Angel_MamaKin Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    I remember running home everyday just to catch this show. Out of all of them there is only one I never got to see. Now I need to get all the seasons of the show so I can have them at home. The only one I missed was when all the Thundercats had to put Lionel through the tests. Well the one that I did not see was the one with the twins testing him. I loved Cheetara the best but loved each one as well. Miss catching Snarf on the tv.
    2ndchanceretrojunk Posted 6 years 17 days ago
    !!!!!
    Josey Firewater Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    They want too much money for each season of this show. It's a great cartoon that other animators, writers, producers and developers such follow suit on. Not like these sad cartoons that are on today.
    grocket94 Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    Thundercats, nuff said.....Snarf!!!!!!
    serenityrain Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    yes i do remember this show but i'm sorry to say not as well as others but i do remembering that i liked it
    lmayberry2 Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    This is the VERY best show ever created!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Darkvixen1992 Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    i so totally remember this show! i used to watch it all of the time!
    dopeman6100 Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    hahahaha. i cant put to words what i felt when is saw this show once again. it sure brings back lots of fun memmories. man, now a days, cartoons are getting crappy. wheres the moral lesson? where did all the good cartoons go?
    dopeman6100 Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    LOL, oh man this brings back memmories. hahahaha.
    tommy8720 Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    thundercats were good back in the day i have season 1 on 2 box dvd set.
    Furienna Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    Back in 1994, when I was 10 years old, this was my favorite show. I even had a crush on Lion-O.
    gigomeister Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    I love the way that sword sounds when it expands!
    Newcreature584 Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    THUNDER....THUNDER....THUNDER CATS..ho!!!!!!
    Manuel432 Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    I love the thunder cats alot I think they showed them on robot chicken
    cunny Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    This cartoon rocked! When Lion-o took out that sword...THUNDER! THUNDER! THUNDER! THUNDERCATS!...how cool was that!
    Emphinix Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    One of the greatest cartoons of all time.
    newsome3450 Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    2nd greatest cartoon ever
    Cyborganna Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    The theme song still makes me shiver!
    timeofstrife Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    awesome...own it. the cool thing is that i have a source that tells me there is live action movie script for this bouncing around the production houses in cali. we can only hope forl such a thing to happen...
    raulcarlos Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    i whish they would show theam more often
    BATTLESTAR100 Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    I USED TO WATCH THIS SHOW ALL THE TIME WHEN IT WAS IN RERUNS ON CARTOON NETWORK I LOVED IT
    Bdawg Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    they should bring back on boomerang
    Bdawg Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    i love thunder cats the should bring it back on boomerang
    ladygirl99 Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    Now these were real cartoons when I was a kid :)
    mewcat201 Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    Another of mine and my nephews faves! Last Chistmas
    My nephew whos in his mid to late twenties now Surprised me by gifting me with the season 2 Part 2
    DVD Box set of Thundercats. It really touched me that
    he remebered after all these years that I too loved the show.
    scanzi720 Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    don't know who let it through, but on the quotes page there is the quote "Form Blazing Sword - Panthro" unfortunately "Form Blazing Sword" is from Voltron not Thundercats.
    licawolf Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    This was one of my favorites shows! my brother, my cousin and I were always playing that we were the Thundercats, ha ha, good times...
    roguefirefly Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    I loved this show! Cartoons now aren't anywhere near as good! Invader Zim is the most recent thing i like and even that isn't aired anymore! Bring back shows like Thundercats!
    Miklus Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    I never watch it on cartoon network but heroes ownes
    radtastic Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    HAHA I loved this one... I watched it all the time on Cartoon Network!
    WilyKit Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    Does anyone know of a good picture of the Sword of Omens? I want the whole sword, not when it's up in front of Lion-O's face...

Please contact me if you know of one!
    AiCLC Posted 7 years 24 days ago
    I heart Snow Meow
    cheetara1 Posted 7 years 30 days ago
    i believe that i would love to see the thundercats come back in 2007/2008 and that i dont care whether its old or new. And as for the rumors of the thundercats movie? BRING IT ON! I'm so much an avid thundercats fanatic, it even scare my daughter! lol. And the best part is she loves it too now! Thundercats, HOOOOOOOOOO!
    Chatokay Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    Why is it called Cosmocats instead of Thundercats in France ?

Well, at the time it was aired, there wasn't a lot of people whom spoke english.

Cosmocats, cats of the cosmos, and cosmos is a word we understand, it means space, so, cats of the space.

Now, thunder, not a lot of people at that time knew what that mean, and just translatting thundercats by... Tonnerrecats... well it just don't do it.

So we shifted from cats of thunder to cats of cosmos (space).
    Ash1985 Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    yet another classic, i have always loved this show
    Retro Ru-Bot Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    CosmoCats?? That is very odd. Who FINDS THESE THINGS?!?!?! I wanna know because I would love to obtain all these rare and obscure goodies!!
    gaastra Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    Cosmocats?

Why are they called that in the france intro?
    Deleted Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    I actually saw a commercial for the Thundercats DVD set a week ago. It's funny though, growing up I didn't think Thundercats were that big a deal, and I'm only now seeing people hype it up as one of the best cartoons ever. Somehow I'm just not convinced.
    Nostalgiascape Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    Think that's where hacksaw jim duggan got it from? Hoooooo.
    BYERE Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    Fear not, Nostalgiascape... for I too had a crush on Cheetarah.

I can't wait till Jan 9th '07... this is FINALLY being released on DVD in England (at least the first part of season 1 is, but the rest will follow shortly after... I hope)
    Nostalgiascape Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    The year is 1987 and I have this lavish dream which sparked a short lived crush on Cheetarah. Sad I know, but true.
    dj_infinity Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    Green Eyes 85 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    How annoying was Snarf?! Oh my God he used to drive me insane!! Panthro was my fave character.
    sm2000 Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    Am I just not noticing something, or is there no difference between Intro 1 and Intro 3?
    taztj77 Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    I loved this show an everything about it rocks
    sm2000 Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    Um...that IS the proper intro. Intro 1 was the intro used for all the Season 1 episodes, Intro 2 was original shown preceding the opening titles in the movie version of the original pilot mini-series.

Which intro are you thinking of? Season 2, maybe? IIRC, that one had some of the newer characters added in.
    HBarca Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    Ahhh, where the hell is the proper intro???, I'll have to upload it.
    Sgt.scorpious Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    an old guy wearing tights like that i snot th emost pleasent of sights but i guess the show was pretty cool i wouldnt know cause i wasnt around when the were originally on and i wonder where the supposed previous 2 earths are if were the 3rd one
    johnaj1973 Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    MY FAV EPISODE WAS THE ONE WERE MUMM-RA MADE HIMSELF LOOK LIKE KING ARTHUR AND GOT EXCALIBUR TO FIGHT THE SWORD OF OMENS! MY LEAST FAV IS WHERE THEY WERE BREATHING IN OUTER SPACE...
    hsmith98 Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    This show was great.
    jaklumen Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    I hadn't seen the original intro-- I remember the later one, which definitely looks like an improvement, and had always looked pretty cool to me.

Much like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon, I found the pilot pretty impressive in its origin story-- especially as it plays much like other shows and movies that draw on the fantasy tales of recorded history.
    Sgt.scorpious Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    now this is a retro show
    sendyjade Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    memories.........
    sailor_moon_girl Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    i heart this show
    LivinLegend85 Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    thunder....thunder...thundercats...hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I HAD THA SWORD OF OMENS!! BUT I LOST IT YEARSSSS AGO....I EVEN HAD THA THUNDERCATS UNDERWEAR WHEN I WAS LITTLE xD
    Athena9188 Posted 8 years 9 hours ago
    Brings back fond memories of my brother and I beating eachother up while watching this show.
    The_D Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    didnt know thundercats had an voice over intro.. damn am i missing my childhood here
    twinsun Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    this is one of the best programmes ever. loved it
    ~Thunderkitten~ Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    My absolute favorite cartoon as a child, right along with DangerMouse! I love it just as much now as I did back then.
    8Tschild Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    Did anyone notice that on intro #2 (the one with the voice over) he states that it is First Earth...I thought they called it Third Earth. Am I missing something?

Show rocked!
    tyranous Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    This kind of cartoons won't be created anymore...the best remains in the past.....
    Gorbash Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    Fantastic show with a classic intro to boot!

And xxRake1xx....a drinking game based off thundercats? XD
    Units1019 Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    Yeah kimsy, I agree. They just don't make them like this anymore. You know, it shows why 80's(and some from the 90's) are the best. We remember the ones we grew up with. My little cousins would probably forget today's toons the minute something new comes out.
    kimsy520 Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    classic show :)
    xxRake1xx Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    Does anyone know where I can download it. I'm tring to build my own library. Its fun to build drinking games based on these ol skool shows. please help me out if you can.
    steveland76 Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    My absolutely favorite cartoon back in the day. I got so excited when I found out the show was being released on DVD. I loved all the ThunderCats, including Mumm-Ra, and the evil mutants. I can't wait 'til next month when Season One, Volume two is released.
    majinn Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    well i remember years ago when my mother would come home from work and thundercats would be on.

and finally they now have it at the wal-mart (thank goodness i put one on layaway there where only two left)
    goldseventeen Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    Snarf?!
    jerbojones Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    thunder........THUNDer.........THUNDERCATS...HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    neba Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    Panthro was (and still is) a badass with the nunchaku!
    Great show and will remain as on of my top favorites. And Jaga reminds me of Obi-Wan with the Jedi ghost thing.
    gillz107 Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    Man!!! I just can't truly put into words how Goddamn AWESOME this show was... for that matter, STILL is. I loved this show to death! Had the toys, school supplies, lunch box, Etc., Glad it's on DVD now.
    Chupi Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    Haha, my local library is getting season one of Thundercats for their kids' section. TAKE THAT, BIATCHES!! XP ... Anyway, I think I was too young to watch it when it first came out, but when they had the reruns on Cartoon Network it was TOTALLY AWESOME. I think I about DIED. It was hilariously cheesy, but that made it really fun and I loved the animation style.