Comments

Comments
    thebeatgoeson Posted 2 years 10 months ago
    My friends and I had a Ghostbusters club and later on a UFO/Supernatural club because of Monster Squad. We even made up "business cards" after seeing them do so in the movie.
    Bought the dvd a few months back. Hadn't seen the movie in twenty years. Memories.......
    palmer10 Posted 3 years 3 months ago
    A must see every October!
    Dreamwvr9 Posted 3 years 9 months ago
    This is a great 80's classic. I loved watching that one.
    deadly4480 Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    Love this movie!Favorite scene/line is "My name is Horace." chuck-chuck!-classic
    bdaisy_613 Posted 3 years 11 months ago
    This was one of may favorite movies of the 80\'s. We watched it at the drive in! I thought it was totally awesome!
    TheWizard Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    This is one of my favorite movies of all time. I can still remember when i first saw this as a kid and renting it on VHS (it was at a corner store? that had movies to rent?)
    ...but im so happy they came out with the movie on DVD and it was 2 discs respectively (unlike Night of the Creeps?)...this movie holds a place very dear in my movie nerd heart haha! and im very certain i will be showing this movie to my own kids some day :)

\"Wolfman\'s got nards!\"-Horace AKA Fat Kid
    jpdraven Posted 4 years 4 months ago
    FAT KID FARTED!!
    jpdraven Posted 4 years 4 months ago
    This movie was a neighborhood CLASSIC. ALl of my friends and I loved it, but we were HUGE Halloween fans, LOVE THAT HOLIDAY. Also we were a small group of kids that grew up together. Living on the edge of 3 towns on Long Island, NY our neighborhood was like a small town in the MidWest and that was really special to have that and still be so close to New York City. This movie screamed out to us. There were 2 movies in 1985 -1986 that got our attention like no other. The Monster Squad and The Goonies. IF you\'re an 80\'s kid these movies gotta be in your top 5 of all time. I actually spent 100 bucks to get a LASERDISC copy transferred to DVD for me from overseas, with the DVD box and all. WORTH EVERY PENNY! And when the DVD came out we got it and checked out the Special Features where fans were interviewed at Monster Mania Con in New Jersey. I wanted to kill myself ( NOT literally ) becasue I was supposed to go to that show but had to cancel it last minute to travel for work. I missed the reunion... BUMMER! But The Monster Squad will FOREVER be in my top 5 DVD collection and my #1 movie of the 80\'s as a KID!
    arellano33 Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    Yeah i love this movie i even showed my kids the wolfman has nards line classic :)
    80sToons4Ever Posted 4 years 7 months ago
    Just a few more days until the Blu-Ray comes out! It sucks though that it won\'t include the deleted/extended scenes that were shown on TNT.
    turtleaholic Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    wolf mans got nards lol
    sidebeards Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    monster squad 2 fan trailer...

perri_k Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    Found this movie at the price of 5 bucks can u believe it i love this movie i even got my 9 year old niece watching it.
    Gino82 Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    ooooh almost forget about these movie .....
    I want 2 buy it.....where can i find this movie?

Goodgold Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    I just got high and put this DVD in because this movie is the shit!
    tlcaywood Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    I loved this movie!!!!!
    Zippo_Masta Posted 6 years 10 days ago
    finally bought this movie on dvd last halloween. I was so stoked to find it!
    NostalgicPathologist Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    Wolfman\'s got nards lol
    Yekim Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    awsome movie............one of those films that you wont remember until reminded. When you are youve found a gem
    AlleneKirac Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    watch full movies anime tv and cartoons at http://www.tvokay.com it is free for you to stream and download......check it out
    0001
    ChicagoSheriff Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    Kick Him In The Nards!!
    Schrye Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    God I love this movie. I was very happy when I found it on DVD.
    Turtle28 Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    I love this movie. I used to watch it all the time when I was younger. Now that I know it\'s out on dvd I\'m so going to find it.
    TV1985 Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    I now own The Monster Squad on DVD. I bought it with my birthday money just this last weekend.

I give thanks to Lionsgate Entertainment for releaseing it on DVD, just in time for it\'s 20th Anniversary.
    HappyWifey Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    I saw it recently.I was so disapointed in it because I heard good things about it and it ended up to be lame.The kids were WAY to mean the plot sucked and the monsters were so cliche.It\'s lightyears away from being anywhere near as good as Goonies is!
    TV1985 Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    Here is a Trailer to The Monster Squad 2-Disc DVD.

Now that it\'s out, I hope to get it for my birthday.
    TV1985 Posted 7 years 28 days ago
    Yes. I found out from someone\'s comment on YouTube that on July 24, 2007, The Monster Squad will finally be released onto DVD. I look forward on getting it either on that day or sometime soon after.
    cjay Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    So can\'t wait for the dvd release. I have the soundtrack so the special edition dvd will be the icing on the cake. Well worth the wait for this one.
    Spoiler Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    I loved this film as a kid... I watched it recently and almost cried at the innocence of an age when the fat kid could be openly called \"Fat Kid\" with no attempt to make it P.C.
    ricflair1983 Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    I loved this movie although I thought the gill man was stupid
    DarkShoryuken Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    had this movie on tape when i was a kid, this bring back some memories... i hope its on dvd... gotta get it... ok, ok i will admit it, i liked the sound track in the movie 2. ok there i said it... (well that was back then, gotta watch again it 2 c)
    Pumbs Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    This movie deserves ta be on DVD!! It was AWESOME!!
    shinpeiro Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    I watched this so many times! \"Wolfman\'s got nards!\"
    buffyfreak Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    why is this not out on dvd. I want to watch it now
    sailor_moon_girl Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    aw man now i want to see it
    TV1985 Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    Andre Gower,

Wherever you and/or Fred Dekker show The Monster Squad, I hope those people who will watch it will get the impression that it should be released onto DVD.

In addition, I think there should be an online petition to release this onto DVD. If there is a petition for this somewhere online at the moment, I\'d like to know where it is so I can go and give my vote on releaseing this great movie onto DVD.
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 20 days ago
    I watch HBO a lot. I\'m kind of suprised that The Monster Squad has not been aired on HBO in the last four, almost five years since I\'ve had digital cable.
    Andre Gower Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    To everyone else -

There will be another MONSTER SQUAD reunion screening in San Jose June 10th. Check out Camera Cinemas website for details. Hope you can make it.

The one we had in Austin, TX wasa blast!

Andre
    Andre Gower Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    Hey Goonie_Gal7

Thanks for the ongoing support. Hope things are well with you. If you would like. You can write me at [email protected] or on myspace.

Take care,
    Andre
    Nikadimas Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    I remember I got this on DVD last year. When I came home I called my best friend and said \"Hey, I just got Monster Squad on DVD\" and without missing a beat he said \"I can be there in less than 15 minutes\" This is such a classic movie and I\'m so glad other people actually know about it.
    HoneyBrown1976 Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    great movie!

\"Is she a virshin?\"
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    I watched Napoleon Dynamite just a few days ago, and found out that the actor Jon Gries who was the Desperate Man on The Monster Squad, was Uncle Rico on that movie. To those who haven\'t seen Napoleon Dynamite, I recommend that movie. It\'s a very unique dumb and funny comedy.
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    The car that Dracula had was some kind of black herse. But I\'m not sure what brand of car it was.
    AdamYJ Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    I remember seeing this movie on video as a kid. This was the grand \'80s attempt to showcase the classic Universal Monsters again. It wasn\'t bad, though. Just a good \"House of Frankenstein\", Monster Mash of a movie. It was definitely better than Van Helsing if memory serves.
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    RenegadJ,

If that DVD copy is in it\'s original widescreen version, I\'m interested. If not, then that\'s ok.
    flash2000 Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    Andre,

If this is truely the real Andre Gower, Eric \"Quint\" Vespe from aint it cool news.com is looking for your contact information right now. You can contact him at [email protected] or check out www.myspace.com/ericvespe

Best, -Aaron
    Andre Gower Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    Will do!
    Hang in there.

Andre.
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    I was watching The Monster Squad last night.

Still can\'t wait for it\'s DVD Release. Until then, I\'ll keep the VHS copy of The Monster Squad.

-To Andre Gower: Once all he rights, licensing, or whatever else is dealt with let us all know about it. Tell Fred Dekker that we fans at Retro Junk and fans elsewhere are waiting patiently. Once The Monster Squad is released on DVD, we all will go and buy it on DVD.
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    Thank You Andre Gower.

It\'s good to hear from one of the main actors from The Monster Squad. I still have my old video copy of The Monster Squad. As a fan, I can\'t wait for it\'s DVD release.
    Andre Gower Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    Hey guys! -

Thanks for the ongoing support. I am waiting for the DVD release as well. It seems as if there is a hold up at the studio end, with rights, licensing etc. But, hopefully that will be resolved soon. Fred Dekker and I speak regularly so if I hear anything I will let y\'all know.

Take care,

Andre Gower
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    eBay is the only place I see The Monster Squad on DVD.

Whenever it\'ll be released onto DVD (with the market), I hope it\'ll be in it\'s original widescreen format. The way it was shown in theaters. I also hope the DVD will have some interviews with cast and crew. And I hope the DVD will have the teatrical trailer to The Monster Squad.
    Mystie Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    Sure it\'ll come out on DVD... A week after I buy it off eBay, they\'ll announce an upcoming official release.
    eep! Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    not anythime soon. my girlfriend just bought me a vhs rip to dvd version from ebay. 15 bux. worth it.
    eep! Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    such a good movie...\"chicken shit\"
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    I loved The Monster Squad!

I hope that The Monster Squad will come to DVD sometime soon!

If The Monster Squad does come to DVD, I hope it will be in it\'s original widescreen version.

If anyone (including you) loves The Goonies, Howard the Duck, Teen Wolf, Back To The Future, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The NeverEnding Story, Beetlejuice, Ghostbusters, and/or Ghostbusters II then The Monster Squad is a recommendation.

To Fred Dekker: You did very well with The Monster Squad. So good in fact, everyone who has seen it and enjoyed it (including me) think it should be on DVD.

To all the cast members: You all did well with your actings in The Monster Squad. Congratulations on making a great movie that will never be forgotten.