Comments

Comments
    thebeatgoeson Posted 3 years 1 month ago
    Hey! I wrote BOINK (from the dinosaur's eyes popping out) in between the two quotes above and it didn't show up!
    thebeatgoeson Posted 3 years 1 month ago
    "It's back." "Because bigger is back. 6000 SUX, an American tradition."
    Dampkring Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    awesome movie, great Paul Verhoeven work!

- Bob Morton: Somebody wanna call a goddamn paramedic? Let\'s go, Johnson!
    - Johnson: [frantic] Hey, pull the plug on that thing!
    superhumansamuri Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    same here PolishedCoffin, the directors cut of this movie is great and it makes you not want to watch a shity TV edited version of the film ever again, this version of the film is a bit more gritty and dark, the scene when alex murphy gets his hand ect shot off always kind freaks me out a bit because of how intense the scene is
    PolishedCoffin Posted 4 years 9 months ago
    I recently just saw the director\'s cut of this and it\'s better, its got a bit more gore in it which add to the whole feel of the movie. and sagesheart2 yeah, that scene always kinda freaks me out.
    sagesheart2 Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    hey does anyone remember the part in the movie where the crook got covered in acid then got hit by a car?!!!
    mikeweb92576 Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    My number 2 favorite movie of all time. ROBOCOP. Changed my life forever. I was 11 years old when I saw this film. Very brutal for its time, but showed the truth about capitalism, greed and the value of human life when measured against status and class. Peter Weller was(still is) awesome. Kurtwood was Clarence was thugged out and sometimes funny. Ronny Cox as Dick Jones was was sorta new because he was so nice in Beverly Hills Cop. A great piece of film making and a surprise box office hit.

OLD MAN: Nice shootin\', son. What\'s your name?
    ROBOCOP: Murphy.

CUE MUSIC. CUT TO BLACK. ROLL CREDITS. Kick-ass ending.
    TLBKMBECB06 Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    Kurtwood Smith is a a BAMF
    CheifBrody Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    You know not to long ago I pulled my 1987 Robocop for VHS and poped it in and watched. It brought back alot of memories as a kid. This was another movie I grew up with. The plot is very simple if you look at the cover for a movie. An 80\'s movie about a cyborg cop cleaning up the streets that are filled with crime. But its so much more than that. Alex Murphy is Robocop well the name he took on before he was turned after a violent encounter. His partner Lewis watches in terror. Then after a couple of glimpses we have it RoboCop. I just thought the montage of the scenes where he is just kicking the shit out of crooks he even shoots a rapist in the balls!! At first the movie is hard to accept as serious but you just have to sit down and watch. I just like the scene where the ED-209 just malfuntions and shoots up a guy. But I like the movie.
    PolishedCoffin Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    \"beep beep beep beepbeep beepbeepbeepbeep *BAM!*\"

(Clarence shooting off Murphy\'s hand)
    kylewhite Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    I\'d buy that for a dollar.
    Captain Howdy Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    I like it when that one thug gets doused in toxic waste and walks around acting like CW Wilson at a junior prom.
    scwahls Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    robocop was great! it was so over the top, just like mr. v\'s starship troopers.
    80sguy Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    boomchek, they didn\'t use the Terminator 2 theme. They used The Terminator theme. From the FIRST one. Terminator 2 didn\'t come out till 1991, so it\'s kind of impossible they used the theme from the second one.
    irvinejump Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    I\'m more than a little intrigued by the fact that no-one wanted to make this movie. The script was floating round for ten years and even verhoeven himself threw the script in the bin. His WIFE found it, read it then suggested he make this film. Plus in Oz, the film version was totally different from the video version. The film version was cut to shreds, then all the swearing was redubbed into less offensive language to get an M rating (the vid\'s rated R 18+). Still one of my fave films of all time
    boomchek Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    It\'s funny that the Robocop trailer uses same background music as the Terminator 2 movie.
    AgentDeadpool Posted 7 years 8 months ago
    Robocop is a lot better of a movie overall then it gets credit for. While it\'s violent as it can be, there is a lot of depth there that is absent from many action movies.
    livinitoldschool Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    i saw this movie when i was eleven. I like the part where murphy (ROBOCOP) gets his hand blown off and when ROBOCOP (murphy) stabs clarence (THE LEADING CRIMINAL) in the throat at the end and blood squirts our of his neck as he falls into the water dieing a slow painful death. IT WAS A GREAT MOVIE! i actually waswatching it a couple of days ago!
    wilkiedriver Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    For TV1985...Robocop vs. Terminator would be cool, but taking Robocop out of his \"satirical\" world may lessen the impact of his character.
    Ipkiss Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    I think Robocop was the first adult sci-fi movie I watched. Great stuff. Love the showdown with the badguys.
    MatthewSlade Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    That movie is amazing. I went through an obsession with it about a year ago haha! But why on the commercial do they have the background music as terminator theme!?
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    As much as I like both Robocop and Terminator, is there ever going to be a cross-over movie of Robocop vs. Terminator?

The last two good movies that were cross-overs were Jason vs. Freddy and AVP: Alien vs. Predator.

Why not do a Robocop vs. Terminator movie sometime in the future?
    Retro_Mania Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    ^ owned
    Plecostomus Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    ^I actually liked how he killed the bad guys. Things get done when bad guys die, sorry to say. I liked the first one. Sequels sucked big time.