Comments

Comments
    arizvega Posted 3 years 3 months ago
    I love this Batman movie!!...
    Batman89rules Posted 3 years 10 months ago
    You definitely had to see batman in the theater to appreciate it. I saw it in the theater when i was 4 and to this day its my favorite movie next to number 2 hitchcocks psycho. This movie has the best batsuit and i love how batman fights like a brawler. He just stands up and boxes ppl. Tdk fans should understand that ledger is just trying to be nicholson (just more intense at times) and that movie borrows so much from 89. Just look at the 89 batwing v joker scene then look at tdks bat cycle v joker confrontation (hit me!) they are virtually the same. I like both films but these kids aint got any respect for the king of all batman films. The only batman where batman comes off as a thug and not some karate chopping douche. Ive owned the vhs all dvd and blu ray releases. Batman returns is cool but the villians are weak and its to tim burtony. AnyOne agree?
    DAMIAN1999 Posted 3 years 11 months ago
    joker gave me nightmares
    shockwavemotion Posted 4 years 17 days ago
    One of the best in the entire series batman forever was ok the batman and robin god awful i did like the dark knight though very gritty.jack was an awesome joker in the original .R.I.P heathlegder
    guyver9000 Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    "That lucious tan, those groovy lips, and hair color so natural, only your undertaker knows for sure Hahahahah! I know what you're saying, "Where..can I get..these fine new items? Well, thats the gag. Chances are, you bought'em already. Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaah! o remmber, put on.. a happy face!
    drs11 Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    This is the BEST Batman Film of them All!!! Michael Keaton was Great, Kim Basinger was HOTT, and Jack Nicholson...HE THE MAN!!! He was a Far Better Joker than the Late Heath Ledeger(R.I.P. Heath-You are Missed).
    DarthH8ter Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    Possibly the best marketing campaign of all time. Batman was everywere. T-shirts, magazines, posters. Pepsi, Tacobell, Burger King. I remember knowing most of the movie before I even saw it from buying Batman baseball cards!! And talk about a then-new remake of Batman, all in black...and the new music...and batmobile!!! I remember getting goose bumps in the theater.
    Zyoura Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    I love, love, LOVE this movie!!
    Dico Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    Oh yeah! the good old, Burton film! i just love the cast here.
    benton gold Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    REALLY good. It\'s on my iPod.
    DocWhiskey Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    This was on television today!

I watched it for the 456675675453534 time.

I still love it.
    PolishedCoffin Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    comparing Heath\'s joker and nicholson\'s joker, is pointless. Enjoy them both for what they are. I enjoy both equally.
    TheOutlaw Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    Almost twenty years later, I still love this film
    Backfromthedead Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    i think heath leger was a better joker. compare nicholsons joker and heaths joker
    Deleted Posted 7 years 9 days ago
    kylewhite you are so right, NO ONE can top nicholson\'s performance.
    kylewhite Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    this is the best of the batman movies. Im a bit worried about the dark night when it comes out. No one can top jack nicholsons performance. and from what I saw in the trailors, the joker looks really dumb. like some half ass costume.
    Greengoblin Posted 7 years 3 months ago

A great movie in it\'s own right! i think this movie really ended the 80\'s with a bang with spectacular entertainment. Sure \"Batman Begins\" is much better but this will always be in my heart and made me a Batman fan.
    kerfootb Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    Ach! I\'m torn between this and \"Batman Begins.\" My family really prefers Begins over this b/c the differences from the source were more obvious in \"Batman\" and Keaton didn\'t look the role for them (body, hair, and height wise). Still, a very good movie, I\'ll go with a tie! Great music and direction from Elfman and Burton by the way! 8.5/10.
    fortunesfool Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    Apparently \"Batman fans\" enjoyed the original movie. Why else would you have looked it up on a retro site gangstaman? Theyre both good. The original has more character though. \"Batman begins\" also got pretty stupid at the end. Ras and Batman\'s lines and their fight scene was just poorly imagined.
    Ganstaman56 Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    OUTATIME89-

Just because you don\'t know enough about Batman and lack the attention span to appreciate Batman Begins doesn\'t make it hollow and boring. It\'s a masterpiece, made for us Batman fans not Burtonites.
    CyrusGrissom Posted 8 years 13 days ago

You are so right Outatime89, but i still think Batman Begins is very good but no where as great as this one and \"Returns\". I\'m so tired of the hate towards this movie now by \"Begins\" fanatics, maybe the next movie \"The Dark Knight\" with the Joker might be better then \"Begins\".
    OUTATIME89 Posted 8 years 13 days ago
    Batman begins = boring. There will never be a good Batman movie unless Burton directs it. I feel that most people for some reason feel like they have to like Batman Begins. Many are saying that Batman begins is very close to the comic book. It was Burton\'s Batman that got me reading the comic book in the first place. Batman comics wouldn\'t be around today if it wasn\'t for Burton\'s Batman that re-spiked the character\'s popularity. In the early 90\'s, I felt that DC comics were trying to make Batman more like the movie Batman. I just remember seeing Batman the movie when I was 15, and I had the same feelings of amazement as I had when first saw Raiders of the Lost Ark. Batman Begins is such a hollow movie. Batman 1989 just can\'t be beat!
    JohnTitor Posted 8 years 14 days ago
    Saw this movie the day it premiered with my step-father! Even had my batman belt on that day =)

But I honestly think this movie and batman returns are the classics... everything else is just meh.

Although Batman Begins is really good!
    MRCSL1 Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    Best movie ever made, even by Tim Burton, one of the Greatest men alive. I also won\'t comment on the Nolan Ledger Joker, but also I think Batman Begins was also tie, just like jaredpresley said.
    trans8010 Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    This movie was sub par really great to look at visually stunning but with a plot with so many holes you better watch your step. But all in all a good attempt at bringing the Dark knight to the screen.

Alfred lets Vicki Vale in the Batcave for crying out loud!!!
    jaredpresley Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    Definally one of my fav\'s. I won\'t comment on the Ledger joker, until I\'ve seen it. Is it the best \'Batman\' movie? I dunno, its a tie for me with begins. Both very good.
    Hoganmann Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    This was and still is tha best Batman movie
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    Howmany fans of Batman can remember the music video of \"Batdance\" sung by Prince?

To those who don\'t remember that music video, here is a link to the music video of \"Batdance.\"

eNeR! Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    It\'s the best Batman movie ever (for me) !!!
    I agree with TV1985 - Michael Keaton is absolutely the best Batman/Bruce Wayne. ...and Joker...wow...Jack Nicholson and his great role...yeah, it\'s really great! Have you ever danced with the devil at the moonlight...or something...he he...:) Anyway, I think that that movie is the greatest picture about Batman. Batman Returns was so dark and...strange (?) for me...oh, I don\'t know. It\'s OK, but It\'s something different. ...but at all Batman Forever, and especially Batman & Robin was a real tragedy for comics and Batman...
    Greetings from Poland! - eNeR!
    shiroihikari Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    I have fallen asleep during the middle of this movie more times than I can count. It starts out good and has it\'s moments (most of those moments feature Jack Nicholson) but overall, I don\'t like it. Micheal Keaton is a decent Batman, but weak as Bruce Wayne. Sorry, but I think Jack Nicholson as Joker was the saving grace of this movie. Without that performance it would have been a total snoozefest.
    cr0nikAvnger Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    okay I\'ll set the record straight since i\'ve seen this film over 120 times! This stood as the penultimate telling of the Batman legend, with one of the best casts ever brought together. While i have heralded the cause of Keaton as both the Dark Knight, and as Wayne.. i will now have to give that to Christian Bale.
    TV1985 Posted 9 years 12 days ago
    To me Michael Keaton was the best actor for Batman. Val Kilmer was an ok role for Batman. But George Cloony\'s acting roll killed Batman.
    thecrow174 Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    This is the best one along with Batman Returns and Batman Begins,regardless of what anyone says.
    gusto Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    You\'re my number........ one.......... guy...
    If yah gotta go, go with a smile.
    Hailey Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    What the hell? Batman Begins was great!
    Phantasmagoria_3D Posted 9 years 5 months ago
    This and \'Returns\' were very good! However, no matter what others may tell you, \"Batman Begins\" is actually THE best of all time! It stays a lot more true to the comics and the character development is so much better! Christian Bale is THE best Bruce Wayne/Batman of all time! Don\'t get me wrong, I LOVE the first two Batman movies (the other two, which followed after REALLY sucked bad) but \'Begins\' is THE DEFINITE BATMAN FILM!
    cr0nikAvnger Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    No one believed that Michael Keaton would do well as Wayne/Batman, but he proved to be the best... until Batman Begins...yet I agree that this is one of the greatest comic adapations of all time. I have seen it 0ver 150 times, and can almost quote it scene for scene!!!!
    kaleb1979 Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    I\'ve seen the new one and the original is better. Jack is perfect as the Joker and the dark feeling of this film is closer to the Frank Miller Batman.
    MatthewSlade Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    That movie is awsome but has anyone seen the 1966 one that is hilarious
    gillz107 Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    BEST of all the Batman movies! And I haven\'t seen the new one yet, but until then, I stand by my statement...