Comments

Comments
    clanman Posted 3 years 2 months ago
    Don't know what was scarier the Skeksis or the big Bug Thingies, one of the last live puppetry films ever made. This was rather disturbing for a kids film, especially when they drained essence from the poor little elf creature and his eyes turned white and lifeless.
    Shepard of Suburbia Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    This is definately one of the best Fantasy films of the 80s.
    No humans, beautiful sets, all puppets, and a fantasitc score by Trevor Jones. This film should've been considered a revolutionizer!
    pizzaguy Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    My drama teacher in highschool forced us to watch this and I hated it, but my friends and I kept imitating and laughing about those noises the lizard things kept making.
    timbox129 Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    Well, This is the first movie to completely use realistic puppets by Jim Henson's Creature Shop without a single real human or animal character at all. This is a movie in which no humans appeared...zero...none...only realistic muppets created from cloth and foam latex or so.
    dededeisawesome Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    i totally love this movie a sequels comin out!
    Galactusgirl Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    I like this movie! I like the Skeksises.
    Xxnoone89xX Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    This is one of my all time favorite movies.
    cindy42981 Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    This movie gave me the willies!!! even though i remember watching it so many times. al the puppet looking things...weird. i had the book that had the tape to it and i would read it all the time...good movie though =-)
    BBGURL Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    Loved this movie as a kid. The skeses were nasty! So awesome. I kinda always wished the mystics had a little more GRRRRRR ya know they were kinda bland.
    thrillogy26 Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    loved dis movie whe i was little i always thought the jim henson muppets were real lol he always did such a good job on his characters
    trollpixie Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    Is scared the crap out of me as a kid too. Especially the Skeksis. But as I grew up it became one of my favourite movies. Glad I bought it on DVD with all the special features.
    sailor_moon_girl Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    loved this movie
    VIsraWrats Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    They are not remaking it. They are making a sequel called "The Power of the Dark Crystal." It should be out in theaters sometime in 2008.
    boogy110 Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    This movie was creepy as hell, I heard they're making a remake! Hmmmmmm, I wonder if it will be any good.
    mck0024 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    omg i remember this show it was awsome lol a bit scary at 1st but thn it was awsome
    mere8007 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    This movie always scared the sh*t out of me as a child. I was a big fan of "Labyrinth" but I dont think their in the same league at all.
    80s90sboy87 Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    I loved the Landstriders and the Gelflings, liked the Podlings but they were kinda annoying lol, hated the Skekses and Garthim...now they were creepy.
    retroboy Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    Sorry, Crystle. That movie is Labyrinth. I sure miss this movie. It's on DVD, but unfortunately, it's widescreen.
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    The second trailer of The Dark Crystal that is listed was a cool trailer debuting it's re-release on video and it's first release onto DVD.

I remember there was a simalar trailer with Jim Henson's other fantasy adventure movie, Labyrinth. A trailer that debuted it's re-release on video and first time on DVD.

In fact when I sent movie trialers to RetroJunk, I sent that Labyrinth trailer. I hope it'll be posted sometime soon...
    Gabriel Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    I just bought this movie a week a go an 2 disc special edition.
    and i must say that this was a fantastic movie.
    MatthewSlade Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    When i see it now i think its amazing a great adventure! I couldnt watch it when i was younger tho! Scared the sh!t out of me!!
    SummertmeBrews Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    love this movie, saw it for the first time just recently. but a new found classic in m book
    magehound Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    This was, and still is, one of my favorite all time movies. I read the novelization before i watched the movie (on HBO i think), and they both fit together to create a stunning masterpeice.
    Celeste Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    I almost always have time to watch this. It's really well done but on TV it looks like it's claymation and in the theaters it was puppets.
    akshunjaksun Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    true
    Skycool Posted 9 years 10 days ago
    A very disturbing but yet delightful movie!