Comments

Comments
    clanman Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    Don't know what was scarier the Skeksis or the big Bug Thingies, one of the last live puppetry films ever made. This was rather disturbing for a kids film, especially when they drained essence from the poor little elf creature and his eyes turned white and lifeless.
    Shepard of Suburbia Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    This is definately one of the best Fantasy films of the 80s.
    No humans, beautiful sets, all puppets, and a fantasitc score by Trevor Jones. This film should've been considered a revolutionizer!
    pizzaguy Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    My drama teacher in highschool forced us to watch this and I hated it, but my friends and I kept imitating and laughing about those noises the lizard things kept making.
    timbox129 Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    Well, This is the first movie to completely use realistic puppets by Jim Henson's Creature Shop without a single real human or animal character at all. This is a movie in which no humans appeared...zero...none...only realistic muppets created from cloth and foam latex or so.
    dededeisawesome Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    i totally love this movie a sequels comin out!
    Galactusgirl Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    I like this movie! I like the Skeksises.
    Xxnoone89xX Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    This is one of my all time favorite movies.
    cindy42981 Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    This movie gave me the willies!!! even though i remember watching it so many times. al the puppet looking things...weird. i had the book that had the tape to it and i would read it all the time...good movie though =-)
    BBGURL Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    Loved this movie as a kid. The skeses were nasty! So awesome. I kinda always wished the mystics had a little more GRRRRRR ya know they were kinda bland.
    thrillogy26 Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    loved dis movie whe i was little i always thought the jim henson muppets were real lol he always did such a good job on his characters
    trollpixie Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    Is scared the crap out of me as a kid too. Especially the Skeksis. But as I grew up it became one of my favourite movies. Glad I bought it on DVD with all the special features.
    sailor_moon_girl Posted 9 years 2 months ago
    loved this movie
    VIsraWrats Posted 9 years 3 months ago
    They are not remaking it. They are making a sequel called "The Power of the Dark Crystal." It should be out in theaters sometime in 2008.
    boogy110 Posted 9 years 4 months ago
    This movie was creepy as hell, I heard they're making a remake! Hmmmmmm, I wonder if it will be any good.
    mck0024 Posted 9 years 5 months ago
    omg i remember this show it was awsome lol a bit scary at 1st but thn it was awsome
    mere8007 Posted 9 years 6 months ago
    This movie always scared the sh*t out of me as a child. I was a big fan of "Labyrinth" but I dont think their in the same league at all.
    80s90sboy87 Posted 9 years 7 months ago
    I loved the Landstriders and the Gelflings, liked the Podlings but they were kinda annoying lol, hated the Skekses and Garthim...now they were creepy.
    retroboy Posted 9 years 9 months ago
    Sorry, Crystle. That movie is Labyrinth. I sure miss this movie. It's on DVD, but unfortunately, it's widescreen.
    TV1985 Posted 10 years 5 months ago
    The second trailer of The Dark Crystal that is listed was a cool trailer debuting it's re-release on video and it's first release onto DVD.

I remember there was a simalar trailer with Jim Henson's other fantasy adventure movie, Labyrinth. A trailer that debuted it's re-release on video and first time on DVD.

In fact when I sent movie trialers to RetroJunk, I sent that Labyrinth trailer. I hope it'll be posted sometime soon...
    Gabriel Posted 10 years 6 months ago
    I just bought this movie a week a go an 2 disc special edition.
    and i must say that this was a fantastic movie.
    MatthewSlade Posted 10 years 6 months ago
    When i see it now i think its amazing a great adventure! I couldnt watch it when i was younger tho! Scared the sh!t out of me!!
    SummertmeBrews Posted 10 years 7 months ago
    love this movie, saw it for the first time just recently. but a new found classic in m book
    magehound Posted 10 years 8 months ago
    This was, and still is, one of my favorite all time movies. I read the novelization before i watched the movie (on HBO i think), and they both fit together to create a stunning masterpeice.
    Celeste Posted 10 years 9 months ago
    I almost always have time to watch this. It's really well done but on TV it looks like it's claymation and in the theaters it was puppets.
    akshunjaksun Posted 10 years 10 months ago
    true
    Skycool Posted 11 years 18 days ago
    A very disturbing but yet delightful movie!