Comments

Comments
    timbox129reloaded Posted 5 months 21 days ago
    In 1984 (that is 30 years ago), This [The Neverending Story/Die Unendliche Geschichte] was the most expensive movie ever made by the people of Germany…

Too bad Michael Ende (the author who wrote the book upon which the movie is based) hates this movie (directed by Wolfgang Peterson, the same guy who will direct 2004’s Troy, which is Hollywood's (and Wolfgang Peterson's) own gods-free version of the Trojan War described in Homer's The Iliad and The Odyssey) so much that he got his name removed from the movie’s credits!
    marcen12 Posted 1 year 11 months ago
    One of my all time favorite movies. It made me cry. When a movie that's mostly for children makes an adult cry (in my early 20s right now BTW), it's doing something right.
    199478q29 Posted 2 years 8 months ago
    This movie makes me fall asleep i hate this movie.
    MarshmallowNoise Posted 2 years 10 months ago
    This brings back so much great memories. This is one my favorite fantasy movies.
    dark_ether Posted 3 years 28 days ago
    Saw this back in the day on VHS, was totally obsessed with it. Wish I could skip class and live in fantasy.
    hiall Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    falcor was a luck dragon not a dog
    hiall Posted 3 years 5 months ago
    love it too
    segafanboy10 Posted 4 years 1 day ago
    Such an awesome movie
    wilft1 Posted 4 years 30 days ago
    mommy must have been a hippy, because the name he gives to the empress was "moonchild"
    PrincessAngel Posted 4 years 1 month ago
    LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!! =)
    waterlily Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    Forget you boozwah49! Atreyu looks like a real boy in this movie. Not like a phony, macho, closet homo-like maybe u- who underneath probably wanted to do Atreyu as much as I do!!HAAA
    waterlily Posted 4 years 2 months ago
    I know!Me too! I love this story! I never get tired of watching and escaping into it! I love Atreyu! I have a liitle girl crush on his sweet ass every time I see him..omg..did i just print thatt..o well..
    sam02sgg Posted 4 years 3 months ago
    ♥♥ this is like one of my favorite movies ♥♥
    Ms Alilala Posted 4 years 4 months ago
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie! Then, now and forever!
    "ATREYU!!!"
    My5guysgirl Posted 4 years 4 months ago
    I have this movie and have LOVED it ever since the first time I rented it at an old store in Crane, Tx called Perry's.
    TheWizard Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    One of my all time favorite movies EVER!!!. I remember watching this on VHS so many times when i was a kid and i never got bored with it....and i still dont because its a total classic :)
    superhumansamuri Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    oh and i also herd that there might even be a remake of the never ending story,yeah like we didnt see that one coming because they have been only remakeing EVERYTHING!! lol
    superhumansamuri Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    this movie,labyrinth and the dark crystal are some of my favorite movies and its to bad that this one and the second one are the only ones worth watching because the third one sucked. . . .wow thats the same thing with the ninja turtle movies? lol. . . the third movie had jack black in it as one of the bullys funny enough,
    Shepard of Suburbia Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    Every real story is a Neverending Story.

What a great movie! Not as good as the book, but a real treat!

Fantasy is forever awesome!
    belinda508 Posted 4 years 6 months ago
    I LOVED this movie SOOOO much!!!
    Le_Flip Posted 4 years 6 months ago
    the best ever
    scooby2 Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    love this film when i was 7 years old in 1991 i remember seeing this film on tv
    Brandon Keys Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    I really love this movie it is really awesome lol WOW how cool it has Barret Oliver in it.
    say Posted 4 years 9 months ago
    no Atreyu was a boy.......and he grew up to be a really cool boy (like with his own tattooing company) and apparently busted himself up while testing horses (broken collar bone)
    I like the first one the best- (number 2)johnathan brandis (???i think???) wasn't my thing, and none of the re-occurring characters looked even remotely like the original players.
    monbon Posted 4 years 10 months ago
    This movie is good :D I liked the 2nd one better though.
    himynameismikey Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    This movie is one movie I'm going to remember till the day I die. Its sooo good.
    dakonig7 Posted 5 years 24 days ago
    i love this movie, just kool, not to mention something to trip balls on... i dont get high, but jeese it still trips me out. that black wolf was kool too, i was scared of it till i shot my dads ar-15... then i wasnt scared lol
    boozwah49 Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    This is one of my favorites. I love the black wolf! I was always waitin 4 Atreyu 2 do somethin gay! He looked it! Was it a girl that played his part? I seen he/she has a Facebook! HA! Anyways,run Atreyu, run!
    15yrsold Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    OMg like my fav movie of all time wen i was little
    ayanna81 Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    i thought the little girl was hot till i was old enough to realize that atreu was a guy.. how stupid of me
    MissHolly Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    such an amazing film!
    kudos to whoever wrote the script.
    and to limahl of course X)
    vectray2k07 Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    the movie was iconic in the 80's about
    a childs imagination by reading the book
    of the title movie and it was heartfelt
    with laughter of tears and excitement
    and an upbeat soundtrack to boot and
    it bring out the child in us all by watching
    the movie and it will always be in our hearts
    for time to come as in life we all have our
    own neverending story from beginning to end
    from when we live to when we die .

frankie smales

(80' retro movie fan)
    CGxSMASH Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    holyyy shit i loved this movie. i used to sit & watch it over and over again when i was 8 or 9 & still do whenever i can catch it now. there will never be another movie like it. I hated the bit when Artex died though- the swamp of sadness really messed with me. oh and doesn't he name her 'moonchild'?
    lexhogan Posted 5 years 9 months ago
    i remember this when it first came out...it was magic,
    best fantasy movie out there 4 my money!
    Gino82 Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    Yeah bring back memories....
    The story should never ends....
    Little_cupcake Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    Its a wonderful movie!And a beautiful theme song!I have the DVD^^.
    TinyNietzchePose Posted 6 years 4 days ago
    oh man! i sooo used to love this movie when i was a little kid, i forgot about it for a few years, but then i saw it on tv the other day and it all came back!! i even went out and bought the book haha
    Baqmeup80s Posted 6 years 9 days ago
    I could watch this movie over & over & over again!! It was long but worth every second!
    rewf87650 Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    good movie
    super_mikey83 Posted 6 years 2 months ago
    This is probably one of the best ever 1980's movie I ever watched I would'nt forget this movie even if I reached 90 years old.
    cindy42981 Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    I absolutely loved this movie! My parents must have rented it so many times, until we finally taped it or something. Even though that big white dragon thing scared the hell outta me and was suppose to be a good guy! and yeh those weird statues with lightning and stuff scared me, yet i loved watching it..great movie!
    Captain Howdy Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    Deep Roy.
    Tide Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    I love this movie... one off the "films you must see" =)
    Costanzagirl Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    I hated this movie. Wasn't interested in it when I was little. Still am not even though I am 25 now.
    NostalgicPathologist Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    I what a medallion like Atreu had
    littlechimpy Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    Man that horse scene made everybody cry. The bit where the knight was trying to cross between the two statues and got zapped by lasers.. gave me nightmares. That was the scariest thing I'd ever seen at the time!
    MTLBiceps Posted 6 years 6 months ago
    The horse scene was very depressing and I STILL have memories of being scared by that darn wolf!! Who wasnt scared of that thing back in the day?
    AlleneKirac Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    watch full movies anime tv and cartoons at http://www.tvokay.com it is free for you to stream and download......check it out
    5200
    trollpixie Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    Falcore was the best.
    starstix Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    I
    Sharon7 Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    One of my favorites growing up...who didnt want a big white luck dragon? And the horse scene was tragic, I still cry when I watch that movie. The sequel was not even close to being as good as the original.
    Lobolover Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    a damned clasic,even if its not high tech,its the heart that counts,which is something todays movie makers have totally forgoten.
    Maira562 Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    This movies is a classic. I loved the movie, and got all emotional when the bad parts came, it was like I was in the movie too. LOL.
    definitedefiance Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    This was one of my all time favorites and now my 8 year old daughter loves it!
    moongirlply Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    I remember watching this movie over and over again as a child. Memories.
    DoctorDecepticon Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    The part where his horse sinks into the swamp still brings a tear to my eye.
    bklyn80s Posted 7 years 2 days ago
    that was me at school. without the book
    Puppyoto Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    Makes you wonder if there really is a book like that??? or maybe they're just tryitn to make kids read books!!?? But i have to say this is a really good movie and i could watch it over again and again
    AnimatedBritney Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    ahh...I remember this one
    FOZZIEBEAR Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    I have to say... I would not rank this as one of my all time favs. However, this is a movie that any time I see it or think of it...makes me think of being a kid. I remember how I would love to watch this movie, still do. Also, I remember the first time I watched it. It was in a hotel bar or restaurant in JAPAN. Seriously. It was playing on a big screen.
    TigerSharkMako Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    One of the movies that truly defined a generation, Classic material!
    TAM1993 Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    I love this movie the only good one from the neverending story trilogy
    oldnickfan Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    I need to rent this again. Its 1 of my favorites!!
    redhead01 Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    This movie was so cool! It still is. I think it's the best of the three.
    AiCLC Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    I LOVE this movie!! Before there was a band called Atreyu, I wanted to name my child that...but the band came before I had any kids heh
    tallman722 Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    this was a excellent movie in it's time!
    Sini Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    I love this movie! I remember we even got to watch it in 3rd grade or something like that. It was so cool :D I wish they still made movies like this...
    kyabells Posted 7 years 7 months ago
    This is my fave movie EVER I reckon. I still love the bloody thing and watch my DVD often :)
    Shironu_Akaineko Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    Falcore is a luck Dragon. I know he looks like a dog, but he's actually a dragon.
    Also, the third sequel never existed.
    I am in permanent denial of that massacre of a beautiful story.

The Rock eater off of his mountain, lounging around on a rock lazyboy wearing a wifebeater..... augh, IT NEVER HAPPENED, LALALA!
    The Last Gunslinger Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    It's a crying shame they don't make movies like this anymore. The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Legend, Neverending Story. These blow all the junk put out today right out of the water! I am still trying to find this one on DVD, but no luck so far. Oh yeah, the name Bastian gives the Empress at the end of the movie is "Moon Child". Kinda hippy-ish, but it worked.
    EarthwormJim_Guhroovy Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    I saw this movie for the very first time just a few months ago. I loved it. I wish I could have seen it when I was younger. I have no interest in seeing the sequels though because I heard that they were not that good.
    I loved Falkor. I want a luckdragon of my own now.
    retrogirl Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    OMG! This was my favorite childhood movie! I thought Atreyu was cute too and I was only like 7!! Aww, I'm getting the DVD.
    livinitoldschool Posted 8 years 2 months ago
    this is my favortie movie, even though it has the sheesy effects, its stil the best movie ever made
    shenzie9000 Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    i love the neverending story!!!
    CHANCE SUNDANCE Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    I loved the movie and the song....
    shiroihikari Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    I always loved this movie. I had a crush on Atreyu, haha. The effects are somewhat dated now, so today's kids might not like it, but I still get a kick out of it. I'm working on reading the book right now.
    TV1985 Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    I noticed while watching the trailer of The NeverEnding Story, it starts in the middle of the trailer instead of at the beginning. I hope that whoever posts trailers to the website of RetroJunk, can fix that trailer or re-post it.
    art_of_war_101 Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    watched this movie even though my father was pissed at us for being awake so late in the evening! Viva la resistance!
    vantera Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    argosaries u were a dork
    argosaries Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    Did anyone else ever pretend to be the "empress"? I would pull my hair back really tight, and put a necklace around my forehead...what a dork!
    kimsy520 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    one of my 3 faves along w/Stand by Me and A Christmas Story
    brown_eyed1 Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    I love this movie--I recently bought it on DVD. I have to say, sequels are almost ALWAYS disappointing, and I didn't like the sequels. My favorite character was the Childlike Empress, who wasn't so Childlike in the 3rd one (lol)
    Ri-chan, Jedi Knight Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    This movie was a one-of-a-kind, original wrapped in itself! Still among my favorites!
    Simpfan83 Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    I loved The NeverEnding Story and The NeverEnding Story II: The Next Chapter, but the third just looks stupid!

Oh, and I LOVE the theme song!!!
    TV1985 Posted 9 years 14 days ago
    The NeverEnding Story is definatly a Warner Bros. family classic. I never saw The NeverEnding Story II: The Next Chapter with Jonnathan Brandis or The NeverEnding Story III: Escape from Fantasia with Jason James Ritcher. And I don't know weather or not I should see the sequils to The NeverEnding Story.

Anyway, I love The NeverEnding Story. I taped it off of HBO and later on I bought it on DVD when I watched it in widescreen for the first time.
    Trashley Posted 9 years 16 days ago
    I love this movie. The Atreyu in this movie is so much better than the one in The Neverending Story II.

But yeah this is a favorite of mine.
    kaleb1979 Posted 9 years 20 days ago
    One of the best child fantasy movies. The Nothing was scary and I liked the Rock dude and I think he had a baby rock dude, but it has been years since I seen the movie. I like movies that don't rely a bunch on blue screen and do it with puppets and models. Actors that stare off into space while saying the lines is wierd.
    Chupi Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    It's based on a book by Michael Ende. I've read the book and it's very good. It has a lot more that the first two movies didn't cover. >_> AND IT IS PRINTED IN PRETTY INK!

This movie was a staple of my childhood. The wolf in league with The Nothing scared me aaaaaaaaaall the way until I was thirteen. I couldn't even LOOK at it until I was older.

Oh man... The nostalgia! =)
    Tomi_B Posted 9 years 1 month ago
    "Neverending story... la-la-la, la-la-la, la-la la..." nice music. "Atreyu" the Indian & his white horse, "FolkLore" the big flying dog... Rock...Yeah, it seemed t'was a very long movie.