Comments

Comments
    Johnzombie Posted 2 years 11 months ago
    There was a point in my life where i was obsessed with this film and in a large part to me this film will hands down be in my top ten films in my life. As a young child beign exposed to such dark themes as loss and survival made me acknowdledge and understand that life is fragile and is a constant evolution .Granted that i most likely dint say it in those terms but it really exposed me to start to think about life. What an amazing story and what incredible minds that set together to create such an amazing tale .
    shockwavemotion Posted 3 years 3 months ago
    I love the original of this. my sister in law got me to watch the slew of sequels to follow the artistry was lacking and they kinda stupifid or dumb down and heart and soul of the first group in the follow ups but it did past the time heck of alot better then watching CLOVERFIELD.
    ace61502 Posted 3 years 6 months ago
    WOW. How many of you who are trash talking the sequels have actually watched them all? Several of you even say you stopped bothering to watch them, so how can you judge? I think they are all great. There is a lesson to be learned in every movie and the stories are always good ones. Don't knock them if you haven't watched them.
    ace61502 Posted 3 years 6 months ago
    I STILL love this movie. And I love the sequels. I own them all and my kids love them, too! Even scoured eBay in 2009 to get all of the plush toys for my then 3 year old. All he ever wanted to watch was Littlefoot (mostly the last 3 movies, though).
    PrincessAngel Posted 3 years 11 months ago
    Gotta LOVE this classic!!!!!!!! =)
    superhumansamuri Posted 4 years 3 months ago
    oh and ducky rules,
    superhumansamuri Posted 4 years 3 months ago
    i watched the VHS of this when i was a kid to the point were it was worn out,i remember they had hand puppets of this at pizza hut when the movie came out
    CeciliaFett Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    Please don't judge the first movie by the sequels. Yeah the sequels were godawful and unneccessary, but the original is a beautiful, wonderful film. One without horrible songs every few minutes and nothing really bad happening. This movie features quite a bit of death and violence. Even the villian is killed.
    Shepard of Suburbia Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    An animated classic from start to finish, the sequels like most sequels, were just unneccessary. I just wish it wasn't so short, but of coarse its a kids movie and had to stay that way.

Just out of curiosity did anyone get frightened by the Tarpit scene, that scene use to scare me.
    pwange1337 Posted 4 years 6 months ago
    I grew up on these movies, now I find them very stupid.
    Daffney Posted 4 years 7 months ago
    This movie was one of the few Don Bluth films actually worth watching. The sequels on the other hand are a different story.
    monbon Posted 4 years 8 months ago
    One of the best animated movies, hands down.
    Galactusgirl Posted 4 years 9 months ago
    I hate this movie
    Trueblue94 Posted 5 years 12 days ago
    Exactly. The first couple were forgivable, but now they are just going crazy!
    EightiesChick Posted 5 years 20 days ago
    I loved the first movie; but I really think they are overdoing it with all the sequels. Enough already!!
    Trueblue94 Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    Great movie. They went overboard with the sequels.
    gogoPR Posted 5 years 4 months ago
    so, i'm pretty sure that the 1st one and the 2nd one are the best of the Land Before Time Movies, after that they are JUNK
    Margit Elise Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    I Love this movie i used to watch it at least 6 times each day ^_^ when i was younger but when they start to digitalize these movies it feels like they ruined a part of my childhood
    CeciliaFett Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    Love the original, hate the sequels. Ducky is so sweet and cute. =3 I love how when she hatches the first thing she does is chase after an insect before she's even fully out of her shell!
    grindcore fan Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    The original was good. The sequels blow.
    AnimationLover Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    The Land Before Time is the Greatest.
    NastradumasKid Posted 5 years 7 months ago
    I grew up watching the land before time and I hope to God they stop making crappy sequels to such a classic 80s animated flim. I didn't mind the first 2 or 3 but, after a while it's like can you please stop now.
    ssjblueyoshi Posted 5 years 8 months ago
    One best movies ever
    Chibii Posted 5 years 10 months ago
    was one of my favorite movies as a kid. it came out in 1988 i was a very young baby when it was released so this was my childhood and it's 20 years old now!

they aren't hatchlings anymore n_-
    Backfromthedead Posted 5 years 11 months ago
    i liked the first one when i was four. the other ones are just too annoying.
    willyKat82 Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    When this movie came out on video I was the 1ST to get it on my street, I remember all my friends coming over to watch the movie
    I was 7 years old, Peatree was my favorite character along with duckie. The sequels came out years later I never watched them But remember thinking they can not compare to the first, and from the comments I've read It doesn't seem like I missed much.
    TurboDuo Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    This was the only good Land Before Time movie.
    Tide Posted 6 years 1 month ago
    The first is the best...all the rest is just....well....bad....not "bad" but not so good as the first =^_^=
    l4nkid22 Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    oh my god i remember this movie, i think i have all the land before times movies lol. they have like 12 or 13 out...any way this was the best. part 2 was alright but waaaayy too disney in my opinion. the animation was great in this one and diana ross' song 'if we hold on together' *sniff sniff* always made me think of me sister who died when she was born. beautiful song and great story telling!
    lonewolfhiei Posted 6 years 4 months ago
    I loved this movie when I was younger. This movie along with 101 Dalmatians were MY movies compared to my sisters. I use to just call the movie "Little Foot" instead of the actual name.
    EwanJF Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    An amazing film that still is now but the Land Before Time series is the best example in the world of the overuse of sequels. Don Bluth made children films diferent than what was coming out back then. He didn't make his films bright and colourful with everyone singing happily. It's his films I preffered when I was younger rather than the disney ones. The Land Before Time is my favorite though :)
    Blue96sky Posted 6 years 5 months ago
    Very sad movie
    starstix Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    I would cry and still cry everytime LittleFoot thinks his shadow is his mom and starts licking the rock *weep.
    Gatomon94 Posted 6 years 7 months ago
    I have this on video. Out of all the Land Before Time movies, this one's the best.
    LivelyLorikeet Posted 6 years 8 months ago
    A true landmark of animated film--too bad they had to make fifteen-thousand sequels to it.
    Anemone Posted 6 years 9 months ago
    I was obsessed with this movie when I was a kid. After seeing it, I was all about dinosuars for the longest time.

They went out of control with the musical sequels though. I dont mind Stone of Cold FIre so much because I actually liked Petrie's uncle Pterano.

Cera and her father get really annoying.
    rnorred06 Posted 6 years 10 months ago
    I can't find my vhs of this movie. Might have gave it away. I may buy it soon on dvd.
    timbox129 Posted 7 years 12 days ago
    And oh, of course, by the way....THREE HORNS NEVER PLAY WITH LONG NECKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    timbox129 Posted 7 years 18 days ago
    AGGGGHHHHHHHH! YOU BETTER WATCH OUT FOR THAT SHARPTOOTH!!!!!!!!!!!! THE SHARPTOOTH THAT KILLS LITTLEFOOT'S MOMMY!!!!!!!! HE'S GONNA GET YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUN!!!!!!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!!! IT'S THE SHARPTOOTH!!!!!!!!!!!
    BlueMario Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    One of the Greatest Animated Film series of all time, by Universal Cartoon Studios!
    BlueYoshi Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    Okay BlueMario, I'll go check out the cartoon series! (If I can)
    BlueYoshi Posted 7 years 2 months ago
    I like this movie i remeber it. I used to like little foot. I remeber when I saw his mom and he fell into a big footprint. It was really funny!
    99Centsplease Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    yinyang3:
    Dude! Judith Barsi was killed by her dad? That is some of the most fucked up shit I have ever heard!

Yes, it is. Anyway, this was a good movie. Any of the sequels beyond Stone of Cold Fire were bad (some of which I have not bothered to watch at all).
    BlueMario Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    hey guys, check out the Land before time Cartoon series on Cartoon Network! They're STILL making new epiosdes every weekday morning, (Monday through Friday) At 9:30am.
    The cartoon series are pretty Weird.
    blueluigi Posted 7 years 4 months ago
    Man they make WAY TOO MANY sequals to land before time. I wish they would stop making them. It's soooo annoying, it's like how Nintendo is making so many Mario Party games (well Mario Party 8 might actually be good considering that it is on the Wii). I mean I've seen the second and third movies and they were not good at all. I didn't even bother watching anymore of the sequals, I hated them WITH A PASSION. The original Land Before Time movie was the only good Land Before Time movie there ever was. I mean sure people might have waited for a sequal to come before the second one came out. But it just REALLY sucked. And the whole Land Before Time series gets worser and worser every movie they make.
    UNIT4J Posted 7 years 5 months ago
    Yo,this movie...I love it
    TV1985 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
    The only good sequil was part II of The Land Before Time. When I opened that video on Christmas, I saw the advertisement for part III. After watching part II, I said I look forward to part III. The next year when I get part III for Christmas, there was a part IV trailer at the beginning and when I watched part III, I said to myself "What is this? This sucks!" That is why after part III, I stopped with The Land Before Time series. Without a doubt, the first one is by far the best and will always be the best since none of the sequils weren't done by Don Bluth.
    90s chick Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    I loved this movie!!! But all the sequels "killed the dinosaurs". The sequels made land before time a joke! The first movie was awsome though! I remember being like 4 and crying my eyes out when little foot's mom dies! One of the best movies of my childhood!
    jrpomeroy Posted 7 years 11 months ago
    I remember seeing this movie in the theater. The underwater segment at the beginning stuck with me for some reason.
    Paperboy84 Posted 8 years 5 days ago
    I only saw the fitst movie. I can barely remember it, but I remember it being very touching.
    PWNey Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    first one was the best pretty much
    dalmatianlover Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    One of my favorite movies of all time, and this one made my Top 10 even!
    BlueMario Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    That movie at the end where they give you the cerdits, I was like crying so stinkin hard.
    kimsy520 Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    excellent movie :)
    Skeletor Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    WAAAAAAAAAA!
    she-ra21 Posted 8 years 8 months ago

The first movie I remember watching when I was little.

Classic.
    Skeletor Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    OMG Guys! Remember Sharptooth?! He was my hero! Yeah he killed littlefoot's mother but I forgive him. I mean, a brother's gotta eat. *he he he*

You hear me Sharptooth? It's cool baby.
    Trashley Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    That leaf they were looking for always made me so thirsty because it had water dripping off of it or something...? You gotta love this movie though. It's pretty much the only decent cartoon kids movie that isn't made by Disney.